Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 (4327 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the UEFA cup?

Zenith St. Petersburg: 76% (10 votes)
Rangers: 23% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Classic Zenit St Petersburg Team Photo / Transfer News: Tiago Mendes Turns Down Monaco And Zenit To Rejoin Chelsea / 'No Black Or Gay Players' Say Zenit St Petersburg Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by akinalabi(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2008
dayokanu:

Chorus: The top 4 remains the same (4 times) tongue tongue

Simply because they are the strongest.

Last 4 years of the Champions League (2008 included), the
four of them played/will play in the finals.

Won in 2005 and another one will win in 2008.

Should we say boring boring UCL?

The four teams appears in 4 straight UCL finals.

This is crstal clear. As clear as daylight. They are just too
strong for the rest of Europe.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Jackal1(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Touche!!!!

Thanx for hitting the nail on its head.
I was about reminding pillock Dayokanu about how EPL teams have become stronger than the rest of Europe.
Unless FIFA/UEFA put a salary cap on players. . . .I dont really see the other European teams matching English clubs in the next 20 years.
More players are joining next season. . . .David Villa, Abidal, and many more.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tosinadeda: 1:55am On May 07, 2008
abidal will be a waste, jeeeez that guy is pathetic!!!!!!
a wing back that cant attack is just not it
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 6:52am On May 07, 2008
Not all wing back are the same . Roberto Carlos never defends all he does is attack. While Lizarazu spends more time at the back

He's a backyard Liverpool fan

Yeah, Guess TKB has been feeding you with info. Liverpool is a senior colleague in Europe Hence the respect I accord them. Moreover I love Benitez and his footballing philosophy from Valencia
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by nyabinghi(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2008
2008 bayern munich
2006 Bayern Munich
2005 Bayern Munich
2003 Bayern Munich
2001 Bayern Munich
2000 Bayern Munich
1999 Bayern Munich

Please is the bundesliga competitive when the winner coule be predicted even before kick off.;

EPL winners in the same year;
Manchester United 1999
Manchester United 2000
Manchester United 2001
Manchester United 2003
Chelsea 2005
Chelsea 2006
Manchester United 2008

Which of the 2 is more competitive?

@dayokanu,
the Epl is more competitive than the Bundesliga. How many times have united defeated bayern munich. The only time they were both in the finals of the champions league, i thought united triumphed.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2008
Yeah, Guess TKB has been feeding you with info. Liverpool is a senior colleague in Europe Hence the respect I accord them. Moreover I love Benitez and his footballing philosophy from Valencia

Benitez was lucky to have won that UCL, he has norin up his sleaves.
he has not been able to score a goal against United in the Prem.League
what kinda of footballing philosophy is that?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 6:22am On May 08, 2008
@nyabinghi,

And the other times they met Man United was beaten home and away.
Dortmund, Stuttgart, Bremen and Kaiserlautern have also won the Bundesliga within that time frame how many clubs have won EPL in that time frame?

@tkb,

Benitez was lucky to have won , was lucky to have played 2 finals, and 3 semifinals in 4 years what kind of luck is that?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tocdee(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2008
tkb417:

Benitez was lucky to have won that UCL, he has norin up his sleaves.
he has not been able to score a goal against United in the Prem.League
what kind of of footballing philosophy is that?

How stupid can you get, sir? Benitez is doing great considering the state of the club when he took over. And how can you say he was lucky in he CL? And about not scoring against ManU, do you want him to put on his boots and get into the pitch? There's only so much he can do during these building stages.

Ferguson built his team for years
Wenger built his young team for years
Benitez is building a Red Machine and signing the likes of Torres, Mascherano and Skrtel signifies purpose.

By the way, Skrtel was signed from Zenith St. Petersburgh and those guys play MEAN footie!
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2008
Benitez lucky shocked

wetin man no go hear for NL lipsrsealed
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2008
@ Mc Omo,
Abeg No vex for TKB Too much association with those scummites has been having negative effect on him
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by ritchboy(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2008
@kit/dayo/tocdee

all tkb said was that benitez was lucky to have won the ucl in 05.
and hes right, BENITEZ/LIVERPOOL WERE LUCKY TO BEAT AC MILAN.
bar one 15 minute spell of madness. . . ac milan completely dominated the game from start to finish and created more/better chances.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On May 08, 2008
@kit/dayo/tocdee

all tkb said was that benitez was lucky to have won the ucl in 05.
and hes right, BENITEZ/LIVERPOOL WERE LUCKY TO BEAT AC MILAN.
bar one 15 minute spell of madness. . . ac milan completely dominated the game from start to finish and created more/better chances

Then It would be right to say Man utd were lucky to win the UCL in 1999 cos Bayern ran them rageed throughout, hit the bar twice pocketed the potent force of Cole/Yorke yet Man Utd got lucky in the 3 minuted added and won.

Bayern completely dominated the play on the night.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by ritchboy(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2008
ofcourse, man utd were lucky to win the ucl in 99(even luckier than 'pool).
most times in cup football, u need a little bit of luck to succeed.not so in league football.
which is why i always tell u the epl is harder to win than the ucl.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2008
@ritchboi

whatever it is . . . Benitez wasnt lucky to have won in 2005 . . .THEY DESERVED TO WIN !

in footie, its not over until its over ! AC Milan went into the dressing room at after time celebrating and as we would have it, Liverpool stepped up to the plate with all their might, grit and with divine intervention they won at last  . . .

@TKB419

or were they also lucky to have gotten to the final ? if they were why couldnt Manscum be lucky enuff to get into the final ?    tongue
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by nyabinghi(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2008
Benitez has always been a lucky coach, he inherited a strong luckypool team unlike Sir Alex that inherited a team in relegation. fergie equally achieved as a coach with Aberdeen thrashing madrid and dayokanu's bayern Munich in 1983.
More to say ,
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 9:40am On May 09, 2008
Nyabinghi where was Liverpool in Europe before Benitez came in? What kind of Silverware did Fergie or Wenger win in their first season?

Before benitez Liverpool was a nobody in Euro footie now they have played 3 of 4 semi finals Yet that is luck? Too much association with Scummites is bad.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by akinalabi(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2008
Benitez has done well so far. . . There is no
question about that.

A champions league win and a FA cup win aint a bad
return.

The scousers want more though. . .

They want the premiership title!!!
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2008
@Akinalabi

The scousers want more . . .they will have to wait a little longer cool

the Liverpudlians can get their mojo on, when its about European nites, so they can nick another European title before they get the Premiership, but does that mean Benitez was just lucky to have gotten what he has ?

why is hecalled Master of cup games undecided leave levels . . .Benitez is an astute technician on his own level, cool
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by akinalabi(m): 12:07pm On May 09, 2008
Mc Omo:

but does that mean Benitez was just lucky to have gotten what he has ?

I never said he was lucky.

He has won what most coaches would be proud of.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by abg4u: 12:11pm On May 09, 2008
Hi, akin How are you doing.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by A40(m): 7:55pm On May 10, 2008
@dayokanu
You amuse me are you talking of the one-off you got against us in 05? Pop Quiz:Who eventually knocked you out of the UCL that year? you guys wouldnt make Europe if you played in the prem trust me you would be struggling for sixth with Villa
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 9:01pm On May 10, 2008
This is the official Bayern thread that we have been begging Dayokanu to go open . . . .now he had to leave it for others to do for him grin grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by A40(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2008
@Mc Omo
For sure now he has a duty to give us latest gist from the Allianz Arena i would love to know if he could possibly look for other Bayern fans to keep him company in this lonely thread
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2008
lol . . . . grin

maybe we could have some nigg@sdecamping to Bayern also grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2008
Bayern are cruising in style a duisburg 2 Bayern 3 Poldi scored a brace the first in his Bayern career.

Mind you Bayern already has a domestic double this season. Rumour has it that Gattuso could be on his way to Munich

A-40, on course to winning our UCL in 2001 we played Arsenal in the group stage 2-2 at Highbury I think Kanu and Henry scored 2 gols first but Scholl replied with a masterpiece of a free kick before we levelled scores. At Olympic stadium Carsten jancker got the only goal which sent Bayern Top of the group.

The more you know the better it gets tongue tongue tongue
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2008
u no dey shame shocked

DAYOKANU . .SHUT IT ALREADY ! tongue

who cares what Bayern won . . . .the issue is[b] U ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON SABBATICAL BY NOW . . .COME BACK NEXT SEASON ! tongue grin[/b]

I mean . . .how could u guys just let Zenit pummel u like that 4- f@cking - 0 . . . .and u still get mouth here . . . embarassed
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2008
We got bashed 4-0 by Zenit so what?

Man Utd was beaten by Coventry and Portmouth yet they were celebrating yesterday.

They competed in 4 competitions this year they have won one and have another in view

So I should nt celebrate a cup/cups we won because we did not win all tongue

Well Ass-anal does not know How to celebrate trophies. Its been long you guys had one.

Imagine Fab4 has never lifted any trophy of note at club level? (Amsterdam/Emirates) tongue tongue
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by FOD(m): 9:49pm On May 14, 2008
Zenit have completed the job - they beat Rangers 2 - 0 to lift the title.

I'm impressed with their sexy but direct game.

Who faces them in the super cup? Man Utd or Chelsea?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Millena(m): 12:16am On May 15, 2008
Me sef i wonder. Who go face them for the super cup?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 6:58am On May 15, 2008
Those Zenit guys were awesome. They were very fast and direct I can call them a very effective Arsenal FC. They do those short passes but with a sense of purpose

If they play as underdogs they are more dangerous cos they are very quick with counters and direct passes. I think they would play well in the UCL next season

but knowing their squad would be pundered by Western European teams might break the rhythm
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2008
Dayo

I think you would be best served ensuring that street lights are installed in Mushin Metropolis, than analysing footie

Cesc hasn't lifted any trophy of note at club level Didn't Cesc lift up the 2005 FA Cup Or was that his twin

GOONER 89
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2008
@dAYOKANU

LoL . . . . grin

AN EFFECTIVE ARSENAL INDEED cool cool

@Loyika

even Gilberto and Toure havent won anything of note too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1.8M Signatures For Haaland To Be Deported From England. / Floyd Mayweather Dress Like A Muslim Chick To Donald Trump Rally / David Haye Vs Nikolay Valuev (live now - links inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.