Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,936 members, 7,956,521 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips (8133 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 1:02am On May 06, 2008
lucabrasi:

wowza!!!u v not been to a buka then thas one experience u should note on your to do list,and i don't mean the clean buka where they ll give u cutleries and everything is spic and span,the real down to earth buka where u ll get the piping hot amala with the meat n stew in the middle of the amala and pure water satchet in a plastic cup and sat on a bench and wooden table lol fresh goat meat with assorted meat try it once and u aint going back to tastee fried chicken, lol
lol @george bush, we ll see how it goes next month
Traveling a 24hours trip cry cry atleast you guys are close to Nigeria, quick!
LOL!! ok, I'll note down buka on my list. It betta be good o!

I no wan get sick on unsanitary kitchen, like I did last time lipsrsealed But I'll try it out. Thanks babe wink
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2008
tRoOE:

lol you are not serious, I think everyone went through that eating food by force, i dislike semovita and the looks grin, but my mom really like it oh, you see her eating it with egusi soup.
ewwwwwwww i can't eat cow head especially when it too soft, makes me want to vomit, and the hair on it ewwwwww
I pray one of these day you won't break your teeth from eating those meat bones cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol the teeths are strong like olumo rock,u r missing if u dont eat ponmo meen,a guy told me they sell it somewhere like 45 mins drive away from me and i v dedicated a day to drive there and buy, he he he ,another thing they tried forcing me to eat or drink is ogi or eko,im from osun state so we appreciate eko and ogi with akara or moi moi ,efo riri than any fried rice or whaeva ,so i was the onli one that wouldnt touch it,one morning when no one was around and the housemaid told me to drink garri if i didnt want,i opted to drink garri and my parents got to know,so she was told off and i got my fav(quaker oats and moi moi or bread)anytime there was ogi on the menu lol
Cadet:

Traveling a 24hours trip cry cry atleast you guys are close to Nigeria, quick!
LOL!! ok, I'll note down buka on my list. It betta be good o!

I no wan get sick on unsanitary kitchen, like I did last time lipsrsealed But I'll try it out. Thanks babe wink
trust me,you ll kick yourself for having missed such a great treat,the surroundings might look kinda but the food s always on point both taste and sanitary wise"beleive that"lol wink
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 9:04pm On May 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

lol the teeths are strong like olumo rock,you're missing if u don't eat ponmo meen,a guy told me they sell it somewhere like 45 mins drive away from me and i v dedicated a day to drive there and buy, he he he ,another thing they tried forcing me to eat or drink is ogi or eko,im from osun state so we appreciate eko and ogi with akara or moi moi ,efo riri than any fried rice or whaeva ,so i was the onli one that wouldnt touch it,one morning when no one was around and the housemaid told me to drink garri if i didnt want,i opted to drink garri and my parents got to know,so she was told off and i got my fav(quaker oats and moi moi or bread)anytime there was ogi on the menu lol
LOL you have those capenter teeth, a ba jo grin enjoy your bone oh.
My family does not have problem getting cow head abi goat head, my mo, her sister and my aunties go to the farm to kill the goat, that where they get fresh pepper,okoro,hot pepper,e.c.t you can name any type of fruite and food they have it there but farm is in NJ takes them 2.30min to get there. Naija people are funny, they will go every length to buy food.
Don't like akara perfer moi moi with e ko, or e eko with efo, or e ko with beans cheesy cheesy cheesy. ogi with beans any day any time.
I like garri oh, lately that is what i've been drinking with very chill water tongue, that is what i have during the summer time
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2008
same thing here,theres an abattoir my sister goes to outside london where they ll give them the intestines for free and the cow leg,later when nigerians started rushing and struggling for it,they started collecting like 2 pounds,from then its increased now and my people still rush to go there as early as 6.am in the morning lol.
i cant stand that ogi or the smell,or anything connected with it like akara and moi moi
another thing i love when im in naija is the day old corn boiled,its soo nice,theres a place when they ll barbeque the day old corn with butter and dried pepper hmmmn, im drolling saliva grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 2:12am On May 17, 2008
My younger sis recently told me of her experience in Boarding school in Nigeria. At meal times four students each from JSS1 to SSS3 have to each sit at a table, then the food is placed on the table in a big pot for all the 24 students to share. Atimes they would have rice, 24 pieces of fish, or 72 pieces of plantain and are supposed to share this equally.

Naturally the dishing of the food commences from the section where the seniors are sitting, and the greedy pigs would served the best part of two or three fishes each for themselves, and sometimes bring takeaway bowls, then pass the crumbs to the juniors at the bottom of the table. And this means that sometimes the JSS1 and JSS2 students would have nothing to eat by the time the pot gets to them.

Boarding schools are such horrible places, I wonder how anyone could ever claim to enjoy the experience.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 4:28pm On May 18, 2008
big_bumper:

My younger sis recently told me of her experience in Boarding school in Nigeria. At meal times four students each from JSS1 to SSS3 have to each sit at a table, then the food is placed on the table in a big pot for all the 24 students to share. Atimes they would have rice, 24 pieces of fish, or 72 pieces of plantain and are supposed to share this equally.

Naturally the dishing of the food commences from the section where the seniors are sitting, and the greedy pigs would served the best part of two or three fishes each for themselves, and sometimes bring takeaway bowls, then pass the crumbs to the juniors at the bottom of the table. And this means that sometimes the JSS1 and JSS2 students would have nothing to eat by the time the pot gets to them.

Boarding schools are such horrible places, I wonder how anyone could ever claim to enjoy the experience.
wowza,is it a federal government college or is it a proper private school??in this day and age, think you guys should complain but then again from people that went to boarding school i think thats the fun of it but it shouldnt be to the extent of starving them sha,or maybe she should borrow a method to deal with them from the horrible things you did in secondary school thread grin
how s tastee your personal restaurant lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by dnative(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2008
Boarding schools have their ups and downs - some terrible experience and some memorable ones. I think the FGCs and even some Catholic owned ones were very good then, not sure about now. I could remember my boarding school days, na die - until you got to the senior years and the tables turned. Living on cabin biscuits and groundnut in between meals is sure to knock some sense into an average child about food resource management. grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by liliana(f): 10:18pm On May 21, 2008
@dnative,
U sure are right, thats the part i love,the food resource management thingy.folks here in the Uk waste food like hell.its so terrible. sad shocked
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2008
boarding school n that is fun o but not when its likedownright cruel and wicked or hurts you back then it starts being a nightmare,
its a sin apart from wasting food here,but meat without correct bones lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2008
dnative:

Boarding schools have their ups and downs - some terrible experience and some memorable ones. I think the FGCs and even some Catholic owned ones were very good then, not sure about now. I could remember my boarding school days, na die - until you got to the senior years and the tables turned. Living on cabin biscuits and groundnut in between meals is sure to knock some sense into an average child about food resource management. grin

heard govt are thinking of scrapping all fgc s ,
groundnut and biscuit isnt suffering o,i cant do without 'em smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! / Finally! Crystal Services Is Fraud. / Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.