Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips (7957 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2008
Ohh Boy!! i know oha soup now!! the soup and pounded yam na die!!
that bushmeat bitter no be small lol
I hate stout because it's too bitter and strong for my mouth. I suppose the extra smooth is the same!

I know all the eating joints in Festac and they are cheap
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2008
romeo:

No be them get mad cow plenty? Cow wey mad for Naija dey enter belle straight cheesy cheesy

They are very strict ohh, but African shops do exist and they sell our things?

Wholesalers and retailers are allowed because once they acquire a "certificate of clearance", to prove that the product is free from rabies and the likes.

@ Lucabrasi

I remember dodo ikire, but don't like it that much, I also don't understand the point of kilishi, but give me bush meat anyday, even bushrat sef I go chop.

@ Pataki

So you too like food like this? Whoever marries you and Lucabrasi does not need to know how to cook as you guys would always be bele-full before you get home.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by pahtahkee: 2:06pm On May 03, 2008
@ Bumper,

You don miss road. She must sabi cook well well. Or else. . . . . . . grin tongue
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ lucabrasi,

There is one just directly opposite old leventis across the street just before getting to elewure junction. I have forgotten the name of the joint now. But that woman as well sells good ogufe meat with correct amala dudu. If you are as well into drinking, you can take it bottle of star or whichever you are into. And if you happen to be there in the evenings, you can play opon ayo with the men there. grin

If you are there, ask for a particular guy: His nickname is: Be Happy. Tell him Pataki from Togo referred you to him. grin

ok thanks man,ill make sure i visit there but im more into paraga because it ll give u an apetite,but dont know how to play ayo lol
ill keep the name in mind thanks

romeo:

Ohh Boy!! i know oha soup now!! the soup and pounded yam na die!!
that bushmeat bitter no be small lol
I hate stout because it's too bitter and strong for my mouth. I suppose the extra smooth is the same!

I know all the eating joints in Festac and they are cheap

no the extra smooth is like mixing stout and malta guiness together the taste is not as strong or bitter,u ll need to reveal what the hot spots in festac o
big_bumper:

Wholesalers and retailers are allowed because once they acquire a "certificate of clearance", to prove that the product is free from rabies and the likes.

@ Lucabrasi

I remember dodo ikire, but don't like it that much, I also don't understand the point of kilishi, but give me bush meat anyday, even bushrat sef I go chop.

@ Pataki

So you too like food like this? Whoever marries you and Lucabrasi does not need to know how to cook as you guys would always be bele-full before you get home.
u dont like dod ikire, hhmmn i withold my comments, i like the wara(dont know the english name for it)too not the fried one though,my best snack is that bread open it and put that fried fish and ede, dont tell me u dont like akara oshu as well o, i challenga anyone to finish 2 of that akara, from when i was small till now i have not seen anyone that ll eat more than 2 of that akara
pahtahkee:

@ Bumper,

You don miss road. She must sabi cook well well. Or else. . . . . . . grin tongue
right on,i agree lol,the only help is that i can help her in d kitchen lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 2:24pm On May 03, 2008
for anyone into opa eyin,paraga, theres a place opposite airport hotel where u can have the varieties of paraga mixtures and fried meat tossed in pepery sauce, its awesome but its mainly rich people who want to feel "street" s hangout,personally i prefer the realli local one where ill sit down on a bench put on the plank across a gutter .
theres this place i was taken to in maryland,one old woman does the paraga and it was on recommendation,take a couple of shots and in less than 5 mins u start feeling woozy,go get some food in ur belly and u ll feel so good
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 7:25pm On May 03, 2008
Me too I wan go sample all these joints o, because I no get anyone to bring suya and smoked fowl and snails for me anymore since the ban. Na my family dey bring am come for me until they all learnt that It was illegal after someone they knew was detained for carrying meat products. I told my mum I don't know what the fuss is all about, as all she was going to get was six months in prison if caught. You need to see the look she gave me, I sure say if I was near her when I said that, she would have given me a dirty slap.

@all
Okay seriously, is mama shitta, PWD and Tarmac the only buka/restaurant in town? Is it true that if a guy takes you out on a "ice-cream" date, the relationship automatically upgrades to "i want you to meet my family/I want to meet your family"

They ban meat now, this people wicked oh. My bestfriend mom just returned from Naija too, she was suppose to bring some sya but I don't know what happened, I have a cousin that is good at making suya, have asked her to teach me sef but I know it won't taste like Naija suya. I had these suya around Ikeja hmmmmmmmmmm it tasted good kiss kiss, they had all kind of animal part cool. I don't blame your mom jare, after all the money she wasted and wahala from packing them into her bags.
this xmas will be the best, all my friends are coming home, we can visit the bukas 24/7, ahaha I hope my guy will not still something is wrong with me when i start sneaking out to eat at the buka place.

What i want right now is efo mix with egusi, with goat meat, roundabout, intentine, snail, liver, and goat head&leg with smooth pounded yam, freash fish( those ones they just took from the sea, that is still shaking) make it very hot pepper and Ice water, maybe one chill fanta cheesy cheesy cheesy lol

After then eating, stretch on the couch while my bobo massage my feet, take a quick nap, and whateva after cool

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 7:28pm On May 03, 2008
My morning breakfast in Naija was fried yam with fried stew, turkey legs.
I tried doing it the same after i returned but the yam did taste delicious like the one i had in Naija angry,, maybe am doing something wrong undecided
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Nobody: 4:25am On May 04, 2008
yes ,theres the one in shitta ask anybody living in surulere and they ll take u to where the amala shitta is,people come from far and wide and u ll find all sorts of exotic cars and jeeps parked there for the food,correct amala and assorted that ll make u sweat then u ll have a cold bath and have your siesta wake up around 6/7 when the sun s gone down and get ready to eat the town feeln refreshed lol
depends on what kind of naija food you like tho.

I just saw this post and I wanted to comment 'because I used to live close to shitta around Akerele and Randle avenue (I miss my street cool). There's this Amala joint Ak 47 is what they call it or Olaiya at Akerele . I don't really like their food. but I like amala with gbegiri and ewedu from another joint in Akinyemi way. Abeg buka food is the best!!!! My mum shouldn't hear this ooo cheesy

For correct oha and bitterleaf soup with fufu or garri cheesy there's a joint in Ibidun road along Clegg street, Ojuelegba. I don't normally like eating oha soup but this people made me eat my fingers. N120.00 a plate, don't know if it has increased undecided

anyway @ topic,

My sister wanted to make akara in the morning, midway through washing the beans she remembered it was environmental sanitation so she couldn't go out to grind the beans. Then she changed her mind and decided to cook the beans with the chaff as well. Breakfast turned out to be a disaster. She made ogi to go with it but it was watery as well. Trust me I planned on throwing the food away but my mother purposefully told every one of us to eat the food in front of her with a hard stern on her face. This was torture angry. We stayed there for hours eating seed after seed. I didn't eat most of mine. I was wearing shorts with pockets, I threw everything into my pocket. That was my last resort.

It's really nice to be grown. No one has to force you to eat what you don't want to eat tongue.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 6:49pm On May 04, 2008
stillwater:

I just saw this post and I wanted to comment 'because I used to live close to shitta around Akerele and Randle avenue (I miss my street cool). There's this Amala joint Ak 47 is what they call it or Olaiya at Akerele . I don't really like their food. but I like amala with gbegiri and ewedu from another joint in Akinyemi way. Abeg buka food is the best!!!! My mum shouldn't hear this ooo cheesy
For correct oha and bitterleaf soup with fufu or garri cheesy there's a joint in Ibidun road along Clegg street, Ojuelegba. I don't normally like eating oha soup but this people made me eat my fingers. N120.00 a plate, don't know if it has increased undecided

anyway @ topic,

My sister wanted to make akara in the morning, midway through washing the beans she remembered it was environmental sanitation so she couldn't go out to grind the beans. Then she changed her mind and decided to cook the beans with the chaff as well. Breakfast turned out to be a disaster. She made ogi to go with it but it was watery as well. Trust me I planned on throwing the food away but my mother purposefully told every one of us to eat the food in front of her with a hard stern on her face. This was torture angry. We stayed there for hours eating seed after seed. I didn't eat most of mine. I was wearing shorts with pockets, I threw everything into my pocket. That was my last resort.

It's really nice to be grown. No one has to force you to eat what you don't want to eat tongue.

Has anyone tried tuwo shinkafa with bógó and biscuit bone and that watery soup? Me and my dogs(RIP) love to do battle with the bógó and the biscuit bone, I dey miss out too much for this country.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 8:50pm On May 04, 2008
stillwater:

anyway @ topic,

are you telling me?
Buka food is the best.
mamaput!
My aunt owned a killer buka in Ojota back in da days.
she didn't have enough seats to handle the hungry traders coming in for lunch and supper.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 8:51pm On May 04, 2008
wouldn't eat in a buka now though.
My intestines are now oyinbolized cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2008
big_bumper:

Has anyone tried tuwo shinkafa with bógó and biscuit bone and that watery soup? Me and my dogs(RIP) love to do battle with the bógó and the biscuit bone, I dey miss out too much for this country.

is tuwo the same thing as semovita or ground rice?

something i v always seen but not tried before and i realli wana try it,u tried kunu and burukutu b4?and are they same thang
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 04, 2008
Yucccck, if you're picky about your food, don't make the mistake of eating tuwo and kunu cheesy grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 9:49pm On May 04, 2008
Am not even sure if this counts. But on my first trip on Air France, they served the nastiest food. I think it was raw fish and lemon with some some crackers. I decided to try something new, and ended up sick, apart from the motion of the plane. I hate height and motion. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 9:55pm On May 04, 2008
If the airline was enroute to Naija,I guess it counts ROFL
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 10:44pm On May 04, 2008
sheniqua:

If the airline was enroute to Naija,I guess it counts ROFL
It was, I think that was the trip that almost convinced me never to step on Naija's soil again

cry cry Horrible policemen, horrible road et drivers, the heat was too much! Like 50 people in a small cheesy van. worst of all,

when were going to the airport to depart, the police stopped us to ask for our driver's driver

license, it was suspended, the idiot was blabbering like a fool, trying to explain to the policemen. All the while I felt like

standing up and slapping the mess out of him angry angry
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 11:32pm On May 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

is tuwo the same thing as semovita or ground rice?
something i v always seen but not tried before and i realli wana try it,u tried kunu and burukutu before?and are they same thang

It is a watered down version of semo or gira, usually served with gbegiri, but then you need to have an acquired taste to be able to eat it as pointed out by stillwater. It is an Hausa dish.

@all
I miss sharwarma, someone told me that the one they sell in North london is not the same as the one that we get in Nigeria.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 2:06am On May 05, 2008
stillwater:

Yucccck, if you're picky about your food, don't make the mistake of eating tuwo and kunu cheesy grin
i meant seperately cause i v not eaten neither b4,to be honest the way people eat it looks disgusting to me so its not given me the urge to try it lol
Cadet:

Am not even sure if this counts. But on my first trip on Air France, they served the nastiest food. I think it was raw fish and lemon with some some crackers. I decided to try something new, and ended up sick, apart from the motion of the plane. I hate height and motion. lipsrsealed

i thot airfrance is better than the rest of 'em,i tried it last time and the planes were almost new,well the food was kinda frenchy,but nice(guess u connected in france right)after the food,yoghurt,and biscuit or crackers, etc i dont even know i was just eatn everythn to make up for my fare lol
Cadet:

It was, I think that was the trip that almost convinced me never to step on Naija's soil again

cry cry Horrible policemen, horrible road et drivers, the heat was too much! Like 50 people in a small cheesy van. worst of all,

when were going to the airport to depart, the police stopped us to ask for our driver's driver

license, it was suspended, the idiot was blabbering like a fool, trying to explain to the policemen. All the while I felt like

standing up and slapping the mess out of him angry angry
nigeria has changed a whole lot from when u might have gone last,u r missing a whole lot
big_bumper:

It is a watered down version of semo or gira, usually served with gbegiri, but then you need to have an acquired taste to be able to eat it as pointed out by stillwater. It is an Hausa dish.

@all
I miss sharwarma, someone told me that the one they sell in North london is not the same as the one that we get in Nigeria.
yes the shawarma is diffrent from the london one,the one in nigeria is kinda a wrap with stuffings of sausage,and like salad and sum spicy sturvs but i have to say i eat it almost everyday,the one i v tried is near my house so i cant vouch for any other one,thats new yorkers in g.r.a or club on isaac john street g.r.a forgotten the name(1,500 for a large one)another place is do it all near lagbaja at opebi realli loveli as well, im always curious about food so acquired or not i v got to try it so ill be wazobia lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 4:33am On May 05, 2008
@Luc
yea, We stopped at France (Paris, I think) for like 12 hours angry angry
and then they have the gal to give us more nasty food! angry angry
But the good thing is, I got time to shop in their airport.

Nigeria, changed in 3 years since I've been there? I doubt it! It better, thinking of taking a trip there next summer, have to abywaz. This time Delta Airline sounds better grin cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 6:03am On May 05, 2008
Who doesn't like biscuit bone, it is the softness or the water juice that comes out of it**drolling**

Not really a fan of tuwo jare, it good when it served hot with ewedu and gbegiri, but when it cold you will not enjoy it.
People use to wait until they start selling like 9pm, the line was always long
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2008
Cadet:

@Luc
yea, We stopped at France (Paris, I think) for like 12 hours angry angry
and then they have the girl to give us more nasty food! angry angry
But the good thing is, I got time to shop in their airport.

Nigeria, changed in 3 years since I've been there? I doubt it! It better, thinking of taking a trip there next summer, have to abywaz. This time Delta Airline sounds better grin cheesy
no wonder all the yankees i see at the stop over always have a scowl on their face or having a go at sum airfrance staff,i thot it was normal yankee ppl's attitude lol its a shame u have o take a bus to go inside france or else it ll have been worth the time to just go inside france sighseeing,
nigeria is changing not even yearly but monthly,i was in nigeria last year and was spekn to a friend yestd and couldnt believe the changes since i bn last year,depends on ur interests and where u r stayn at tho(i.e lag,abuja,phacourt e.t.c)
tRoOE:

Who doesn't like biscuit bone, it is the softness or the water juice that comes out of it**drolling**

Not really a fan of tuwo jare, it good when it served hot with ewedu and gbegiri, but when it cold you will not enjoy it.
People use to wait until they start selling like 9pm, the line was always long

awrite seen,i dont like the semovita as well especially because i v had a bad experience of being force fed the semovita cause i wouldnt eat it while i was young,which has scarred me for life psychologically grin
having meat without bones,or ishan(fibre)or ponmo(cow hide)is like buyn gold and instead of 24carat using like 9 carat
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 1:53pm On May 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

no wonder all the yankees i see at the stop over always have a scowl on their face or having a go at sum airfrance staff,i thot it was normal yankee people's attitude lol its a shame u have o take a bus to go inside france or else it ll have been worth the time to just go inside france sighseeing,
nigeria is changing not even yearly but monthly,i was in nigeria last year and was spekn to a friend yestd and couldnt believe the changes since i bn last year,depends on your interests and where you're stayn at tho(i.e lag,abuja,phacourt e.t.c)

Normal attitude of the Yankee, thunder go fire your bum for that angry grin Airfrance service will be great if they add more

variety of food, not just crackers and cheese, yuck lipsrsealed

I do sincerely hope Nigeria is changing by monthly, take Nigeria minus arm robbers equals to me going there yearly.

Last time I went, the staff were rude and obnoxious, and the place is not only not secure, more than 3 of our loads

were lost. Coincidently, the bag filled with jewelry and accessories and the bag filled with children food.

Of course, I could not get out of the Airport to tour France, I was pissed, all I did for 12 hours was sit, shop, sit, shop

and walk around. I even almost got lost, lol, I almost got left behind when it was time to board the plane embarassed
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by pahtahkee: 3:03pm On May 05, 2008
@ lucabrasi,

Are you going to get to Ife town, I just remembered there is another buka joint around that side. The woman na iyan specialist.

But if not, no wahala. grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ lucabrasi,

Are you going to get to Ife town, I just remembered there is another buka joint around that side. The woman na iyan specialist.

But if not, no wahala. grin

i have forgotten the route to osogbo but i think its on the way right?if it is abeg give me the directions, i promise ill get back to u with a rating of the place lol
Cadet:

Normal attitude of the Yankee, thunder go fire your bum for that angry grin Airfrance service will be great if they add more

variety of food, not just crackers and cheese, yuck lipsrsealed

I do sincerely hope Nigeria is changing by monthly, take Nigeria minus arm robbers equals to me going there yearly.

Last time I went, the staff were rude and obnoxious, and the place is not only not secure, more than 3 of our loads

were lost. Coincidently, the bag filled with jewelry and accessories and the bag filled with children food.

Of course, I could not get out of the Airport to tour France, I was pissed, all I did for 12 hours was sit, shop, sit, shop

and walk around. I even almost got lost, lol, I almost got left behind when it was time to board the plane embarassed
yes o ,im always wondering na wa for this george bush people,we r going to naija and they r frowing like something else grin
i think they should have at least fried rice or jollf rice seeing as most of them fly lagos at least like 2/3 times a week so its not fair with the food,i wont lie me i swallow the ones that taste horrible and eat the ones i can eat because no one is going to shortchange me, and because im scared of planes ill drink as much as im given of the wine and sleep off.
i have to agree with the rudeness and tha of nigerians, realli the whole baggage situation is changed now,even if your bag is loade with dollars or anything sef it wont be touched,for instance the zipper on my yeye bag was broken and the clothes were sticking out and i got it just like that ,theres aircondition in the airport now and they dont allow non travellers to enter into the main departure or arrivals,i couldnt believe it when i saw it as well though the airport drinks and snacks are still over priced so its not worth it.
the armed robbery situation depends on where u stay at (not necessarily island or mainland but how secure the particular area/streets are)
you berrer make it to naija and follow us to eat all them buka foods grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by dnative(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2008
Wow - this thread is growing from strength to strength, just on naija food alone. Nothing like naija food abeg. Give me my original pounded yam from original yam and straight from 'odo'. I don tire eating all the flaky yam-flour pounded yam here for UK. I for don bring my 'odo' from naija, i no know whether british customs go gree and make my neighbours no come say I dey disturb their peace when  I'm pounding my iyan.

And before settling down for my next iyan meal, not forgetting to recite the 'oriki' for a good meal.

Iyan kokoro funfun ona ofun
Iyan to funfun lau
A bu s'owo otun rugbu rugbu
Ota oyinbo ore agbe
Die l'oku ko de gongo imu
O ra feu
A jeje tun je
Bo lo je mo a si mo dun si
Iyan iyan a si mo dun si.
A gba 'bi ire o

What the heck was that - don't ask me. Got carried away. Nothing but the native in me. grin

@Lucabrasi - but you sef, you be 'olori oko' for naija food o. Bros I hail. I dey think say na me sabi joint pass but you dey try. smiley
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 10:17pm On May 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

i think they should have at least fried rice or jollf rice seeing as most of them fly lagos at least like 2/3 times a week so its not fair with the food,i wont lie me i swallow the ones that taste horrible and eat the ones i can eat because no one is going to shortchange me, and because im scared of planes ill drink as much as im given of the wine and sleep off.
i have to agree with the rudeness and tha of nigerians, realli the whole baggage situation is changed now,even if your bag is loade with dollars or anything sef it wont be touched,for instance the zipper on my yeye bag was broken and the clothes were sticking out and i got it just like that ,theres aircondition in the airport now and they don't allow non travellers to enter into the main departure or arrivals,i couldnt believe it when i saw it as well though the airport drinks and snacks are still over priced so its not worth it.
the armed robbery situation depends on where u stay at (not necessarily island or mainland but how secure the particular area/streets are)
you berrer make it to naija and follow us to eat all them buka foods grin

LOL!!! and I thought I was the only one that cared for the food service. LOL!! grin cheesy

see you people, if service is excellent and the food is not, you'll grouch tonguewell am not the one to talk

wow!! by the way you're describing it, everything did change. Maybe I'll follow someone to Nigerian this dec. grin

LMAO!! dnt laugh at me, but I've never been to a Buka, dnt even know how one is suppose to look

I've heard so much about Buka on this forum, seems like a nice place to put down on my list sha.

and FYI, I no be George Bush person o, haba! that one na the greatest insult na. Well, in the next month, I hope to become Obama/Hillary person. lol! grin cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Gamine(f): 10:20pm On May 05, 2008
This Cadet sef, you can like to do Americanmumu

chei!

Wetin concern us if u don enter buka or not!

i was just about to sign out, had to post this

You go just dey form
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 10:48pm On May 05, 2008
Gamine:

This Cadet sef, you can like to do Americanmumu

chei!

Wetin concern us if u don enter buka or not!

i was just about to sign out, had to post this

You go just dey form

Gamine, wetin dey bite you today? Abi, you dey get hotflashes ni. This is not the first time you've directed such nasty post my way. Wetin do you, abi the name "Cadet" dey remind you of an ex? Oga o, you this people get problem sha.

Let me form na, wetin concern you? Haba! omo, get sense na undecided

Reply the post or get out of my way, I assure you, you will get run over! kiss
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Gamine(f): 12:03am On May 06, 2008
Run over by ur Michelin self

Olobeh Star like you.

You tooo dey form jo!
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 12:11am On May 06, 2008
dnative:

Wow - this thread is growing from strength to strength, just on naija food alone. Nothing like naija food abeg. Give me my original pounded yam from original yam and straight from 'odo'. I don tire eating all the flaky yam-flour pounded yam here for UK. I for don bring my 'odo' from naija, i no know whether british customs go gree and make my neighbours no come say I dey disturb their peace when  I'm pounding my iyan.

And before settling down for my next iyan meal, not forgetting to recite the 'oriki' for a good meal.

What the heck was that - don't ask me. Got carried away. Nothing but the native in me. grin

@Lucabrasi - but you sef, you be 'olori oko' for naija food o. Bros I hail. I dey think say na me sabi joint pass but you dey try. smiley

lol how we for do nah,poundy is serious business,breaking news you wont believe this but i did my research and discovered a nigerian restaurant in manchester where they do the original yam straight from the mortar,as in proper naija buka pounded yam and egusi o,onli that the flav isnt the same,im telling u the white guys struggle with us to chop de thing but their own is mostly fried rice and egusi(lol wat a combination)wow did u make that oriki or poem for poundy u r too much o grin
Cadet:

LOL!!! and I thought I was the only one that cared for the food service. LOL!! grin cheesy

see you people, if service is excellent and the food is not, you'll grouch tonguewell am not the one to talk

wow!! by the way you're describing it, everything did change. Maybe I'll follow someone to Nigerian this dec. grin

LMAO!! dnt laugh at me, but I've never been to a Buka, dnt even know how one is suppose to look

I've heard so much about Buka on this forum, seems like a nice place to put down on my list sha.

and FYI, I no be George Bush person o, haba! that one na the greatest insult na. Well, in the next month, I hope to become Obama/Hillary person. lol! grin cheesy

abeg let them leave service and give us better food,my own is just 6 hours plus,imagine u guys travelling how many hours
wowza!!!u v not been to a buka then thas one experience u should note on your to do list,and i dont mean the clean buka where they ll give u cutleries and everything is spic and span,the real down to earth buka where u ll get the piping hot amala with the meat n stew in the middle of the amala and pure water satchet in a plastic cup and sat on a bench and wooden table lol fresh goat meat with assorted meat try it once and u aint going back to tastee fried chicken, lol
lol @george bush, we ll see how it goes next month
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 12:17am On May 06, 2008
lucabrasi:

awrite seen,i don't like the semovita as well especially because i v had a bad experience of being force fed the semovita cause i wouldnt eat it while i was young,which has scarred me for life psychologically grin
having meat without bones,or ishan(fibre)or ponmo(cow hide)is like buyn gold and instead of 24carat using like 9 carat

lol you are not serious, I think everyone went through that eating food by force, i dislike semovita and the looks grin, but my mom really like it oh, you see her eating it with egusi soup.
ewwwwwwww i can't eat cow head especially when it too soft, makes me want to vomit, and the hair on it ewwwwww
I pray one of these day you won't break your teeth from eating those meat bones cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Cadet(f): 1:00am On May 06, 2008
Gamine:

Run over by your Michelin self

Olobeh Star like you.

You tooo dey form jo!
ok, now go and find a bridge to jump over. happy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally I Got My Visa! / South Africa To Deport 56 Nigerians / Help Please:i Need Directions To Ekiti State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.