Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs (10507 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by MARSHALLMVP: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
do you know what legacy means? its what you leave behind when you are gone..!!! for your children and you children's children to live on.. empty promises would not make u a legend
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by AmeLonRo(m): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
I sincerely and greatly and wholeheartedly give the government of Osun State 100gbosas for this laudable project. The impact will make Osun indigenes scholars and lovers of knowledge. In a short while (say 20 years) all will be literate. Aregbesola, God go bless U more.
Am not from Osun but I know what am saying sha. grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by passttorr: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
someone like me understands better what i write down when am being thought. i think the stuff shouldn't stop the students from putting something down in class.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by gratiaeo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
kehinde1588: Walai am rily impressed wit dis. Bravo 2 state of osun just imagine dat ACN av been ruling Nigeria since mehn we would have advance long time. All we nid is change of party PDP itself is corrupt so d members are also affected. Love ACN keep it up.
Sharrap!!!
This program is like buying LV
designer shoes for osun
village farmers... Nice
shoes..granted! Buh do
they realy need them?
What they need are
fertilizers, hoes, tractors, (if possible)
rubber boots. First
things first! Let's learn
hw 2 get our priorities
right!
A state without quality teachers, modern class, (students still sitting on the floor) electricity in some schools.
This is pure propaganda, misplaced priority and cheap political point

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
Good move
But we know that as God dey plan,devil dey plan im own kwa
Hope thieves won't start targeting high school students and holding them at gun point in Osun for their okpo imo
Na Naija we dey talk o
Where the bad people pass the good
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ame Lon Ro: I sincerely and greatly and wholeheartedly give the government of Osun State 100gbosas for this laudable project. The impact will make Osun indigenes scholars and lovers of knowledge. In a short while (say 20 years) all will be literate. Aregbesola, God go bless U more.
Am not from Osun but I know what am saying sha. grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin grin grin

undecided

Ur reasoning level is too low
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by uvoh(m): 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
Laudable innovation but they must find a way to checkmate its usage.
Becos if na dis secondary students wey i knw very wel, alot of them especially boys, go convert dis learning tech device to GAMEBOY! them go upload enough Pes2013,Pes2014,Indecency and other sensually gratifying non curricula materials o!
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Adegokenath(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pls somebody should upload the opening ceremony to youtube 4 us to download,kudos to aregbesola
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by hakymbiyiyaho: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
brownlord: Arrant nonsense, opon imo abi na kpomo imo, i still do not know the brain behind aregbe's useless policy, Osun state is still the most backward state in terms of education, am presently serving here and i can say this is a wrong step by the state governor, a state where they dont have up to 3 teachers, they rely solely on corpers and OYES ( teaching practice student ) for teaching this children, in my school only 5 staff, 1 principal, 2 vps and 3 teachers, only 2 of the teachers go to school, the school is about the best in the local government and i wonder what would be happening in the rest, this is the only state that an ss3 student can not speak common pidgin english fluently not to talk of writing it down, student still sit on the ground and a few bring chairs from home, there is no desk in class, our government only engage in project that would benefit them, am sure the money he looted from the so called omoluabi uniform is finished and they looking for avenue to loot more, theres been several occasions for days there would be no chalk in school, during test and exams this children sit on the ground to write exams, why cant aregbe employ more qualified staffs/teachers instead of relying on corpers who come and go and Osun state college of education who most times they themselves cant even speak english, in my school a teacher was caught teaching english with yoruba, if i have the time i will post some script of this student test and exam on this forum for this man to be engaging in all this useless project that would not stand the test of time, in their just concluded waec, even the invigilators from waec are the one pleading with corpers to assist the student, is just a shame for people who are not in the state to be celebrating aregbe for this failed policy

Good write up, but always ensure you follow your statements with valid evidence because of tomorrow.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by dridowu: 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
gratiaeo:
Good things ko' another misplaced priority!
This is what i mean

Re: Opon Imo Will Save
Osun N8.4Billion Of
Textbook Procurement
Costs
by brownlord: 3:00pm
"Arrant nonsense, opon imo abi
na kpomo imo, i still do not
know the brain behind aregbe's
useless policy, Osun state is still
the most backward state in
terms of education, am
presently serving here and i can
say this is a wrong step by the
state governor, a state where
they dont have up to 3 teachers,
they rely solely on corpers and
OYES ( teaching practice
student ) for teaching this
children, in my school only 5
staff, 1 principal, 2 vps and 3
teachers, only 2 of the teachers
go to school, the school is about
the best in the local government
and i wonder what would be
happening in the rest, this is the
only state that an ss3 student
can not speak common pidgin
english fluently not to talk of
writing it down, student still sit
on the ground and a few bring
chairs from home, there is no
desk in class, our government
only engage in project that
would benefit them, am sure the
money he looted from the so
called omoluabi uniform is
finished and they looking for
avenue to loot more, theres
been several occasions for days
there would be no chalk in
school, during test and exams
this children sit on the ground
to write exams, why cant aregbe
employ more qualified staffs/
teachers instead of relying on
corpers who come and go and
Osun state college of education
who most times they
themselves cant even speak
english, in my school a teacher
was caught teaching english
with yoruba, if i have the time i
will post some script of this
student test and exam on this
forum for this man to be
engaging in all this useless
project that would not stand the
test of time, in their just
concluded waec, even the
invigilators from waec are the
one pleading with corpers to
assist the student, is just a
shame for people who are not in
the state to be celebrating
aregbe for this failed policy"
i tot i wil read something new, ds are abnormal things dat has turned to normal things in 9ja and it happen in evri state of d federation including ur own state.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by lekanolas: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Read the full speech of Gov. Aregbesola at the launch of Opon Imo here:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/opon-imo-enters-the-stage/
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by obioraop(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
most poeple here just want to comment,just like a fellow corper said b4 i ve seen on numerous occassions teachers teaching wit yoruba i rerve a so called skul of science witout a lab very funny

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by gratiaeo(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ame Lon Ro: I sincerely and greatly and wholeheartedly give the government of Osun State 100gbosas for this laudable project. The impact will make Osun indigenes scholars and lovers of knowledge. In a short while (say 20 years) all will be literate. Aregbesola, God go bless U more.

Their uncles/aunts will just
steal it, or they's sell it. The
governor could have provided
white boards, painted the
classrooms and equipped d
library rather than
this...shiooooo!
I have a friend serving in
osogbo,according 2 him, those students can't speak 10 sentences in correct english and you expect them to use a
tablet? Pleaseee!
He just used this tablet initiative to launder money and silence critics. I can
place a reasonable bet that each of this tablet
costs 30k and I'm
pretty sure he didn't buy
an ipad. Imagine dilapidated
classroom in Osun state, those school children are in yet the stupid retardeen thinks that a tablet is priority....... mschew

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by damigreat(m): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
blink182: if this is true then I don't support this project. There are better things to be done but honestly I feel this story is an hyperbole.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Delafruita(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
brownlord: Arrant nonsense, opon imo abi na kpomo imo, i still do not know the brain behind aregbe's useless policy, Osun state is still the most backward state in terms of education, am presently serving here and i can say this is a wrong step by the state governor, a state where they dont have up to 3 teachers, they rely solely on corpers and OYES ( teaching practice student ) for teaching this children, in my school only 5 staff, 1 principal, 2 vps and 3 teachers, only 2 of the teachers go to school, the school is about the best in the local government and i wonder what would be happening in the rest, this is the only state that an ss3 student can not speak common pidgin english fluently not to talk of writing it down, student still sit on the ground and a few bring chairs from home, there is no desk in class, our government only engage in project that would benefit them, am sure the money he looted from the so called omoluabi uniform is finished and they looking for avenue to loot more, theres been several occasions for days there would be no chalk in school, during test and exams this children sit on the ground to write exams, why cant aregbe employ more qualified staffs/teachers instead of relying on corpers who come and go and Osun state college of education who most times they themselves cant even speak english, in my school a teacher was caught teaching english with yoruba, if i have the time i will post some script of this student test and exam on this forum for this man to be engaging in all this useless project that would not stand the test of time, in their just concluded waec, even the invigilators from waec are the one pleading with corpers to assist the student, is just a shame for people who are not in the state to be celebrating aregbe for this failed policy
shutup my friend.is the policy not intended to improve the education sector?you have highlighted the ills in the sector and you are still condemning attempt to improve the sector.

sll that your jargons up there is like a tale of plenty cities.education is in shambles everywhere.nigeria consistently budgets less than 8% for educaion which is a far cry from recommended 26%.and to be honest,osun has one of the highest literary levels in the southwest.

am fairly certain your school is a private school in a bush village.otherwise buttress your points

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ungrateful n Unprogressive fellow...my word 4 u is to face d future.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Meritbaba(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
pls what is the name of the school and where is it located, Osun is not a pidgin spoken state and if u can't speak correct english to the student why can't you just resign ur post, no part in Osun State is the student sitting on bare floor yea most of them are diplated but am sure you heard about the 100 model school being built around the state
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by olaezebala: 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
I know some people already tagged me as Anti-Aregbesola but I commend him for this great initiative of Opon-Imo.
State will be saving 8.4 billion and students will be exposed to use of pad early. Great work there by Ogbeni. come to think of it, noone seems to be concern with the negative effect of using these pads by the students.
The disadvantages of reading on a screen is far more than the little advantages that ogbeni is achieving.
Reading print out has more advantage that reading on screen in the following areas;

1. Speed
2. Accuracy
3. Fatigue
4. Navigation
5. Comprehension.
e.t.c[url]https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~adillon/Journals/Reading.htm[/url].

Also, is ogbeni ready to pay the medical bill of the students when the health implications of reading for long on screen start? We all know that long exposure to screen affects the eyes and here we are celebrating an initiative that want to expose little one to long hours of reading on screen.

Must all Osun Students use glasses before graduating form Secondary sch?

Good initiative with too many bad turnaround.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
passttorr: someone like me understands better what i write down when am being thought. i think the stuff shouldn't stop the students from putting something down in class.
u b jjc? Dnt u knw d meanin of Tablet? It's a notepad itself.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by kehinde1588(m): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
gratiaeo:
Sharrap!!!
This program is like buying LV
designer shoes for osun
village farmers... Nice
shoes..granted! Buh do
they realy need them?
What they need are
fertilizers, hoes, tractors, (if possible)
rubber boots. First
things first! Let's learn
hw 2 get our priorities
right!
A state without quality teachers, modern class, (students still sitting on the floor) electricity in some schools.
This is pure propaganda, misplaced priority and cheap political point
hey mr. Mustle learn hw 2 appreciate good tin at least he did sumtin. U dnt av 2 critisize dis good development. All u nid is 2 appreaciate and advice d state 2 construt dere foundation well doe u ar construtive in ur criticism.
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by einsteino(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
one thing that comes to my mind when I hear "tablet" is android.... Omo if u Don use android u go know say iPhone dey learn.
make this children no find way to Google Play a.k.a Android market, cos once dem download 2go, whatsap, viber, Facebook, twitter and wechat ... reading Don end o! na so for Uni boys go collect 100k+ from dia parents to buy laptop claiming it will help their academics. the moment the laptop show na Fifa 13 and 2 in 1 pad they follow... then an archive of movies including Indecency....
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
uvoh: Laudable innovation but they must find a way to checkmate its usage.
Becos if na dis secondary students wey i knw very wel, alot of them especially boys, go convert dis learning tech device to GAMEBOY! them go upload enough Pes2013,Pes2014,Indecency and other sensually gratifying non curricula materials o!
lol ,blive me d device is wel programmed.dnt tink dier wil b access 4 such tins u mentiond.coz aregbesola knws wat d stdnts ar capable of.so im sure there'll b measures 2 curb dat
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by brownlord: 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
hakym_biyi@yaho:

Good write up, but always ensure you follow your statements with valid evidence because of tomorrow.

Too bad, cant give the required evidence, remember am a serving corper, but if u in osun, u can do investigation urself and come back to tell us ur findings if am wrong

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
einsteino: one thing that comes to my mind when I hear "tablet" is android.... Omo if u Don use android u go know say iPhone dey learn.
make this children no find way to Google Play a.k.a Android market, cos once dem download 2go, whatsap, viber, Facebook, twitter and wechat ... reading Don end o! na so for Uni boys go collect 100k+ from dia parents to buy laptop claiming it will help their academics. the moment the laptop show na Fifa 13 and 2 in 1 pad they follow... then an archive of movies including Indecency....
d device is strictly built 4 e-learning,blive me aregbesola n hs crew already av measures 2 curb d ailing factors
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by einsteino(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
truth is, this tin na just propaganda. I too am a corp member (2013 batch A)... the cost of these tablets can provide the much needed table and chair schools here lack.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
brownlord:

Too bad, cant give the required evidence, remember am a serving corper, but if u in osun, u can do investigation urself and come back to tell us ur findings if am wrong
Mr corper, my question 4 u is dat: ar there any states in 9geria witout educational critics? Face it there ar no such, hence,u shudnt b an anti-progress
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by deeeeep: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr Man....you are liar.....a very big liar @ that.......wat is the name of the school and town
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by einsteino(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Anuoluwap:
d device is strictly built 4 e-learning,blive me aregbesola n hs crew already av measures 2 curb d ailing factors

u r rite they must have CURB d ailing factors. question is who will curb em from hijacking the tablets? cos we know how things dey go for 9ja. lastly this is far from what we need right now, u need to serve here to understand what am talking about. sometimes I just feel the students are wasting their time coming to school sef. there is nuffin on ground
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by brownlord: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Meritbaba: pls what is the name of the school and where is it located, Osun is not a pidgin spoken state and if u can't speak correct english to the student why can't you just resign ur post, no part in Osun State is the student sitting on bare floor yea most of them are diplated but am sure you heard about the 100 model school being built around the state

Sorry i cant give the name of the school, am sure uve never bn to osun to say no part of the state students r sitting on the ground, i have some photos i took while conducting test and exams for this children, but cant upload it for some reaons, beside am not allowed to do that as a serving corper, but pls take a stroll urself, from ila, to odo-oti, borikpe, ifelodun and come back here to tell us ur findings, dont sit in osogbo and assume everythin is okay,

I like the part that says "osun is not a pidgin english school" but the official language is yoruba, my friend u must be a learner, which part of osun are u? Most of the schools in my local govt. They teachers speak yoruba to students in assembly, and they teach this students in yoruba, even corpers who speak yoruba after teaching / explaining in class with english, they translate to yoruba, because majority of them dont understand english, i even did it yesterday, i explained in english and asked one of the student who understand in english to help explain better in yoruba cos majority of the students only understand yoruba, i cant argue wit u bro, am typing from a phone,

We are the reason our leaders looting us dry, can u explain the idea behind the omoluabi uniform been shared for the children when they have no class rooms and chairs to learn?

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Niftyrules(m): 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
Great innovation from my governor, look at how happy those student were AFTER THEY were given the tablet
Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Anuoluwap(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
einsteino: truth is, this tin na just propaganda. I too am a corp member (2013 batch A)... the cost of these tablets can provide the much needed table and chair schools here lack.
Mr corper, lemme take u dwn 2 d memory lane....Former pres.OLUSEGUN OBJ ,made a landmark in hs adminstratng by introducin mobile devices in 9geria,he's generaly knwn 4 dat,bt he cudnt cntinue such developmnts in other sectors,so? He handed ova.same goes 4 aregbesola;d chairs,tables u mentiond ar nt probs 4 hm,bt he wnted 2 leave a legacy,he did! n he's stil in office 2 considr other tins.pls,let face future.d future starts 4rm nw.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs by Parisbee5(m): 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
brownlord:

Sorry i cant give the name of the school, am sure uve never bn to osun to say no part of the state students r sitting on the ground, i have some photos i took while conducting test and exams for this children, but cant upload it for some reaons, beside am not allowed to do that as a serving corper, but pls take a stroll urself, from ila, to odo-oti, borikpe, ifelodun and come back here to tell us ur findings, dont sit in osogbo and assume everythin is okay,

I like the part that says "osun is not a pidgin english school" but the official language is yoruba, my friend u must be a learner, which part of osun are u? Most of the schools in my local govt. They teachers speak yoruba to students in assembly, and they teach this students in yoruba, even corpers who speak yoruba after teaching / explaining in class with english, they translate to yoruba, because majority of them dont understand english, i even did it yesterday, i explained in english and asked one of the student who understand in english to help explain better in yoruba cos majority of the students only understand yoruba, i cant argue wit u bro, am typing from a phone,

We are the reason our leaders looting us dry, can u explain the idea behind the omoluabi uniform been shared for the children when they have no class rooms and chairs to learn?

Well I challenge u to mention the name of the school of your PPA in my state of Osun and also your own state of Origin if u're cork sure of ur ascertion. If u fail to do this, then u're not qualified to comment on any topic related to the state of Osun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Education Policy Anti-masses, Says ASUU / Any G E J's Students On Nairaland / Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.