Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman (19311 Views)

Ghanaian Policemen Dancing With A Little Girl (photo) / Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: but these people also get incarcerated....
do you not read the news? 1 in 3 black men is expected to spend some time in prison at least once in their lifetime.

the question begs - where are the parents of these angry black teenagers? they are all locked up in various correctional facilities.

The parents get thrown into jail for crimes they committed.

Even successful black people even avoid black dominated areas due to crime related issues
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
seedord247:

Aunty.. Just normal frnds ni.

They got arrested for unknown sh1t.

Hmmm iwo sha be careful. Don't let unknown sh1t be traced back to you.

That's how some friends will ask to " help me keep this black bag with you go a while". No thanks.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by zcoreman(m): 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
That's bad. Really bad.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
infonubia: It is very disturbing that this happens even in the most civilized nations.

The video (no audio) captures two Jasper, Texas police officers slamming a black woman’s head into a counter top and wrestling her to the ground. The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.

The woman was brought to jail over unpaid fee and she was on the phone when an officer abruptly cut off the call.

Jasper's interim city manager confirmed that the two officers have been fired.

There are speculations that this act could be racially motivated as the town is historically know for its racial unrest.

There is no justification for this kind of treatment. Where is the respect for human rights? One cannot help but wonder how often incidents like this happen where it isn't reported or caught on camera.

Watch the video and share your thoughts.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xEQdmkUzE[/flash]

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/texas-police-officers-caught-beating.html

Lmfao @ 1:32.. Fat arss cop. I hate popo's especially African American and Chinese.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
dayokanu:
The parents get thrown into jail for crimes they committed. Even successful black people even avoid black dominated areas due to crime related issues

you lack common sense....
the parents of the angry teenagers are all in jail. this rot did not start today, it started in the 70s/80s when racism was still rife.

the people that are supposed to be father figures to these black youths were all locked up. their white counterparts that committed the same crime got a slap on the wrist - they went home to nurture their own kids the right way.

it's not a matter of who committed the crime, it's about who got severely punished for the crime. you saw what happened to mike tyson - framed and got locked up for 6 years. if that was mike phelps or donovan, the jury would have given a different decision!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by seedord247(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
supaeagles:

Thank you my friend, you have just validated my point - those Nigerians were incarcerated for committing a crime and not the colour of their skin.
There are MANY Nigerians working in the US as doctors, engineers, bankers, software programmers etc....repping themselves, their family and their heritage/country well..... why are they not locked up??
PS: i do not think there is a need to tell me to shut up. We are allowed to debate on NL in a civil manner wink

Yea.. Gotcha..

60% of black lecturers in New Orleans are Nigerians.

Even thou this school look like Crap (Southern University New Orleans) their chancellor is a Nigerian.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by funnyx(m): 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

you lack common sense....
the parents of the angry teenagers are all in jail. this rot did not start today, it started in the 70s/80s when racism was still rife.

the people that are supposed to be father figures to these black youths were all locked up. their white counterparts that committed the same crime got a slap on the wrist - they went home to nurture their own kids the right way.

But coogar, these father figures committed crimes isn't it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

it has plenty to do with race
follow this illustration - if 30 white guys and 10 black men commit the same offence, 8 of the black men would go to prison and only 4 of the white men would end up behind bars.

black men are disproportionately represented in prisons. they make up less than 20% of the entire USA population but they make up 60% of the prison population - can you not see there's a bias in the sentences passed between the two races?

Most of the crime are as a result of dysfunctional families.

Stats say 73 per cent of black babies are born outside marriage

53 per cent of of Latino babies are born outside marriage
29 per cent of white babies are born outside marriage

If you check the jail stats it would almost mirror the percentage of kids born outside wedlock

Having kids outside marriage tend to contribute to poverty and growing up with little guidance and makes them live a life of crime and end up in jail.

Its not the Govt that make three - quarters of Black women have kids outside of marriage

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
funnyx:

some did, some were simply framed for the crime they did not commit because their appearance fits the crime.

dayokanu:
Most of the crime are as a result of dysfunctional families.

Stats say 73 per cent of black babies are born outside marriage

53 per cent of of Latino babies are born outside marriage
29 per cent of white babies are born outside marriage

If you check the jail stats it would almost mirror the percentage of kids born outside wedlock

Having kids outside marriage tend to contribute to poverty and growing up with little guidance and makes them live a life of crime and end up in jail.

Its not the Govt that make three - quarters of Black women have kids outside of marriage

you are so thick-skulled!
the reason there are so many black kids without a father figure is because the fathers are in jail. they got a custodial sentence in the crimes the people of the other races would get a fine or few months in prison.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:
hopefully, this link would convince you....
http://www.naacp.org/pages/criminal-justice-fact-sheet
That's a very good link , thank you for that. It does give credence to some of your arguments I agree. However, I still stand but what I say, no crime and there will be no time served..... African Americans can follow the examples of their Africans diaspora and live a crime free life and earn an honest living.
We can agree to disagree I believe. smiley
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by seedord247(m): 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Hmmm iwo sha be careful. Don't let unknown sh1t be traced back to you.

That's how some friends will ask to " help me keep this black bag with you go a while". No thanks.

ahahaha.... I think you know what happen. wink

I think they got arrested for counterfeit money...lol... That sh1t was hella crazy then. The SSS keep banging on ma door everyday.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
funnyx:
Precisely. It ends up being a vicious cycle. In the end, both sides have valid arguments.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: you are so thick-skulled!
the reason there are so many black kids without a father figure is because the fathers are in jail. they got a custodial sentence in the crimes the people of the other races would get a fine or few months in prison.

They were born to unmarried parents How is jail related to marriage?

I knock up a girl in my hood outside of marriage How does that relate to jail?

Or were they knocking them up from jail?
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
@coogar btw, in your opinion, which country(ies) has it better in terms of race relations and racial equality.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
dayokanu:
They were born to unmarried parents How is jail related to marriage?

what has being unmarried gotta do with raising kids the right way? america must be the only country where blacks have kids out of wedlock - come to the UK and see enough black kids born out of wedlock and guess what? the prisons here have more whites than blacks

I knock up a girl in my hood outside of marriage How does that relate to jail? Or were they knocking them up from jail?

and it did not occur to you majority of these men got locked up after knocking their women up? it did not occur to you these men were not given the chance to nurture their children in their formative years?

shame on you with this backward reasoning.....
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Udehpaschal1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
desthan: better it is in the States.

the Nigerian version would have been bloodier if there is a word like that.....smh
wil u pls kip quiet if u hav notin meaninful 2 say. Common sense is nt meant 4 common pple lyk u. U mak me sick
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
WHEN IT COMES TO ARGUMENTS ABOUT AMERICA I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT THESE TYPES OF ARGUMENTS ARE POINTLESS BECAUSE SO MANY NIGERIANS CANNOT SEE PAST THEIR STOMACH. THEIR ARGUMENT HINGES ON THEIR STOMACH. AND I CANT SAY I BLAME THEM BUT YOU HAVE TO BE AN UNPRINCIPLED LOW-LIFE TO LET YOUR STOMACH CLOUD YOUR REASONING AND MAKE YOU NOT SEE REALITY. JUST COME OUT AND SAY I AM HERE BECAUSE I AM MORE COMFORTABLE HERE BUT I KNOW THE PLACE IS MESSED UP BUT I RATHER BE HERE THAN NIGERIA. YOU GET SOME RESPECT WITH THAT KIND OF APPROACH. BUT TO BLATANTLY, BECAUSE OF YOUR STOMACH, DENY THAT BLACKS ARE CATCHING HELL DISPROPORTIONATELY IS STU-PID. I THINK YOUR STOMACH IS YOUR EYE AND YOU ARE TOO SCARED TO OPEN YOUR REAL EYE TO THE REALITY OF WHERE YOU ARE LIVING IN BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL REALIZE WHAT A SAD MISERABLE LIFE YOU HAVE THERE. I BET YOU IF YOU OFFER 5 MILLION DOLLARS A PIECE TO ALL NIGERIANS IN AMERICA BY THE NEXT DAY LIKE 99.99999 PERCENT OF THEM WILL BE ON THE NEXT THING SMOKING OUT OF AMERICA AND BACK TO NIGERIA. FACT

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
seedord247:
Yea.. Gotcha..
60% of black lecturers in New Orleans are Nigerians.
Even thou this school look like Crap (Southern University New Orleans) their chancellor is a Nigerian.
Ok - isn't that a great thing, I'm not sure i get your point? The school may look like crap but still have quality.
We also have Nigerians in various great educational institutions.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
supaeagles: @coogar btw, in your opinion, which country(ies) has it better in terms of race relations and racial equality.

the UK is 100% better...
blacks and whites get along better here - no form of segregation like having an all-black school or an-all black neighbourhood in america!!!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: what has being unmarried gotta do with raising kids the right way? america must be the only country where blacks have kids out of wedlock - come to the UK and see enough black kids born out of wedlock and guess what? the prisons here have more whites than blacks

and it did not occur to you majority of these men got locked up after knocking their women up? it did not occur to you these men were not given the chance to nurture their children in their formative years?

shame on you with this backward reasoning.....

Research shows kids born within wedlock do better in school that kids outside

Get married and have kids is the normal way things are done

The study says kids born out of marriage. Nothing to do with jail

If you get married, knock up your wife and are thrown into jail then you are not part of the 73%

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by blazeup(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Well, I don't see why the officers in various cases over reacted the way they did. I would want to understand why america seem to see her help as the home of human rights. How ever we must agree that their would always be some classic black sheeps
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:
the UK is 100% better...
blacks and whites get along better here - no form of segregation like having an all-black school or an-all black neighbourhood in america!!!
LOL - the same UK that is branding the British man as a "Nigerian terrorist".
I do agree that UK is up there in terms of racial progress (it is probably leading in Europe) but it is not above the US. When they vote a minority (black man) to be their leader then we can have this debate.... wink
PS: there is nothing like an all black school in the US. There are racially segregated communities..... it a phenomenon even in the UK.... and in either case it is by individual choice and not by government design.

3 Likes

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Where is Subomi-luv? She should see this grin
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
dayokanu:
Research shows kids born within wedlock do better in school that kids outside

rubbish!
only in america - there are millions of families that are together without marriage and the kids are doing very well. as long as the parents are together, the kids would be fine!

Get married and have kids is the normal way things are done

another heresy!
parents who had their kids in wedlock and later separated also run the risks of producing an unruly child. the key is having both parents to nurture the child in his formative years. marriage plays no part in it!

The study says kids born out of marriage. Nothing to do with jail. If you get married, knock up your wife and are thrown into jail then you are not part of the 73%

it's a very misleading stat!
having the father and mother at home plays a more important role than kids born into wedlock.....a married man that went to jail after having his baby in wedlock has the tendency of producing an irresponsible son than the child of a couple that stayed together for 20 years without marriage.

supaeagles:
LOL - the same UK that is branding the British man as a "Nigerian terrorist".

michael adebolajo is nigerian. if your parents gave birth you in china and you lived 30 years of your life in china, then that makes you chinese? you and bruce lee are the same with your black skin? come off it!

I do agree that UK is up there in terms of racial progress (it is probably leading in Europe) but it is not above the US. When they vote a minority (black man) to be their leader then we can have this debate.... wink

putting obama in the oval office cannot compensate for having 1 million black prisoners out of the 2.3 million prison population. it's a travesty!

PS: there is nothing like an all black school in the US. There are racially segregated communities..... it a phenomenon even in the UK.... and in either case it is by individual choice and not by government design.

you must be smoking woolies....
there are all black schools/neighbourhoods in the USA. read up on HBCUs and stop embarrassing yourself in public. there's no community in the UK you won't find blacks/whites living together. none!!!!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by PvtParts1: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
obadiah777: THIS BLACK MAN GOT THROWN IN JAIL FOR DRANKIN ICED TEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzUH90Sm0E

fascist cops
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
there are racially segregated communities in the UK.... you may be in denial..... there are many communities where there are mostly South Asians or Africans or Jews or Polish etc..... just the same as it is in the US..... like i said it is by individual choice and not institutionalized.
Read up on the HBCUs - they do NOT discriminate and were created to give opportunities to minorities. Minorities form 90% of the graduate enrollment in many ivy league technology and sciences schools.
There are equally racial challenges in UK as there are in the US, there is no difference, but i give the edge to the US
Give a minority the number 1 job in your UK and then we'll talk.... wink
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
supaeagles: there are racially segregated communities in the UK.... you may be in denial..... there are many communities where there are mostly South Asians or Africans or Jews or Polish etc..... just the same as it is in the US..... like i said it is by individual choice and not institutionalized.

hackney and lambeth have the highest concentration of black people in the UK. the percentage of black people is less than 25% in both boroughs which means you are talking out of your arsë yet again....

Read up on the HBCUs - they do NOT discriminate and were created to give opportunities to minorities. Minorities form 90% of the graduate enrollment in many ivy league technology and sciences schools.

using the word minority already tells me there's racial segregation. these schools are historically black because there was a period in the american history where black kids don't go to the same school with the whites...that tradition is still kept!

There are equally racial challenges in UK as there are in the US, there is no difference, but i give the edge to the US. Give a minority the number 1 job in your UK and then we'll talk.... wink

there's no racial challenge in the UK
blacks and whites mix easily - no segregation or racial tension like the USA. the number one job in the USA cannot compensate for the 1 million black men rotting away in american prisons. 1 man vs 1 million - what a shame especially when this is coming out of the mouth of a black man.
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by supaeagles(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar: .. talking out of your arsë yet again .
It is very difficult to have a civil discussion with you..... has life in the UK made you so bitter? Come back to 9ja my friend... we may be 'poor" and as you insinuated "I have never been to an airport" but at least i have peace of mind in my economic situation grin. Your friend (obiadah) uses all caps, while you use profanity to enforce your arguments... it is hard to engage in meaningful dialogue in such a situation.
Take care my friend. I enjoyed my discussion with you.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by coogar: 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
supaeagles:
It is very difficult to have a civil discussion with you..... has life in the UK made your so bitter? Come back to 9ja my friend... we may be 'poor" and as you insinuated "I have never been to an airport" but at least i have peace of mind in my economic situation grin. Your friend (obiadah) uses all caps, while you use profanity to enforce your arguments... it is hard to engage in meaningful dialogue in such a situation.
Take care my friend. I enjoyed my discussion with you.

UK - land of plenty!!!
i wouldn't live anywhere else if given a million dollars....america is a swamp of piss for the kind of individual i am and nigeria is not in my plans for another 10 years. so worry about your own welfare and stop talking out of your rectum!

profanity is the best way of keeping goats at bay
i destroyed all the points you put forth, i even educated you on the disproportionate representation of black men in the american prison system. not even a thank you from your crusty lips - may amadioha impregnate you with 5 albino ewoks!

the next time you open your mouth to argue on an issue that is intellectually out of your league, i shall piss in your nostrils. you are lucky i am in a very good mood cos i have a zero tolerance for ignoramuses of your ilk. run along now and stop being a troll!
Re: Texas Policemen Caught Beating A Woman by Truckpusher(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

grin
This isn't a joke,me I haf tire for my people....left with me alone the American embassy building will remain locked year in year out.

Just go to the embassy and see how they treat Nigerians like sh1t...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ukraine: US Politicians Are Bloodtasty For Murder, Death - Majorie Taylor Greene / Israel Warns Russia Against Giving Syria Missiles (wat A Comedy) / Pelosi Wins Speakership Of The American Congress For The Fourth Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.