Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,934 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms (6898 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by lekanolas: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
The House of Representatives and the Consumer Protection Council, CPC, have launched an investigation into allegations of indiscriminate seizure of customers’ money by malfunctioning Automated Teller Machines, ATMs.

The probe came after the House Committee on Justice headed by Hon. Ali Ahmad (PDP-Kwara) adopted a petition from bank customers who thought the development could imperil the Central Bank of Nigeria’s cashless economy policy if not checked. The petition, according to Ahmad, states in detail how customers have been going through hard times in carrying out electronic transactions due to malfunctioning ATMs.

“The petitioner narrated how he went through due process by making formal complaint of reporting the non-dispensing of his money while his account was debited.

“He resorted to the petition and the House of Representatives’ intervention two months after the incident to curb further tactical manipulation of the banking system,” Ahmed said.

The lawmaker noted that withholding customers’ money for more than the stipulated period could not be condoned by parliament. The petition reads in part: “The banks would continue to indulge in this since there is no sanction to make banks responsible by ensuring that their ATMs are always in good condition.

“It may not be out of place that the trend might be deliberate, probably in a bid to use unsuspecting customer’s money to ease their (banks’) financial pressure. “This is because if all the incidences are recorded and the funds aggregated by all the banks, there is no doubt that we will be talking about millions of naira being deliberately denied customers while the banks are feeding fat on it.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/reps-probe-banks-over-malfunctioning-atms/
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by konami001: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
HAHAHAHAHHA (I know you know why i laff).... This has been due for a long time na.... Hope we see the bottom of this sha

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Frosti(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
Fidelity Bank is very guilty of this.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by purpinkx(m): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
welcome ...

Please enter your secret number ...

Please wait ...

*5 minutes later*

issuer or switcher not responding

*machine throws out your card*

*head bowed*

*next person in line: is it paying ? *

12 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by dpresido(m): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Most ATMs used by these banks are so old that they malfunction and need to be replaced for effective performance
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Evablazze(m): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
I pray we see the end of this bill been approved as a law...
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by imsuboi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
GTB (owerri) should be probed too!

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
The house which divides against itself shall not stand.
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by donem: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
I cant encounter such a mess here
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by adebahyor: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin First Bank (Enugu) should not be excluded in the probbing ooo
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Napolitano(m): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nice one. At least these banks would not use technical inefficiencies as a reason to defraud customers.

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by babarazy: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
Wema bank should be included Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo .
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by mrsolutionm(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
First bank ogoja atm seized my money three times in a week,a laudable move,If seen to logical conclusion

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
Long over due, but wait o.... Shey na CBN suppose tackle this kind of thing? Abi SLS don dey think with em third leg ni?

Cos

1. Me I want make reps try legislate against money b4 treatment syndrome in our hospitals

2. Make them talk so that our dead primary health centres to upgrade make dem start to diagnose common typhoid and malaria and to treat them as well.

3. Make all states get traffic lights and cctv cameras too..

4. Make all states get emergency nos.

5. Make all states get police posts in all nooks and crannies.

6. Make every state get at least one mega industry to curb unemployment.

7. Make FG build locust sky scrappers for the low class and starters to live in @ a cheaper rate.

8. Make dem legislate say all HODs and Directors of ministries and parastatals be investigated.

9. Make dem kick against trucks and trailers wey dey menace our roads.

Abeg I don tire, wetin our eagles play na?

10 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by sparkwil(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Its so unfortunate dat our reps hv nothing to do. What happened to the ministry of finance or the CBN?
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by ebhohon: 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Accessbank is holding my 20k since 31st may. They shld be probed to logical conclusion
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by stone07(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ecobank muritala branch ilorin is holding my 7k since april 29.
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by deebsman1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
[quote][/quoteIts so unfortunate dat our reps hv nothing to do. What happened to the ministry of finance or the CBN
Do u understand the work of legislatures sha, especially if they truly wan do there work??
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by TS2(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Skye Bank...the most consistent in ATM service all over the country. They have their downtimes but fix asap.

GTB...their ATMs can disappoint!!!

Union and Unity Bank...those ones I wonder if they have ATMs.

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Policewoman(f): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
Rubbish!!!
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by lordimpaq(m): 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
T.S:
Skye Bank...the most consistent in ATM service all over the country. They have their downtimes but fix asap.

GTB...their ATMs can disappoint!!!

Union and Unity Bank...those ones I wonder if they have ATMs.

cheesy haba, they get ATMs na....haba...
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Xfactoria: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
House of Reps want to streamline process of impeaching a President....

House of Reps probing Banks for malfunctioning ATMs.....

These guys are obviously broke!!!
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by missjane: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
FIDELITY BANK ATM independence Layout Enugu.. Dat one na broad day light robbery
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Opey4luv(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
The Skybank Atm in Fed Poly Offa has never functioned as long as I can remember.
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by chiozor: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
Zenith ATM Gallery in GRA junction PHC is holding my 7K since last month angry
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Eazeee(m): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
stone07: Ecobank muritala branch ilorin is holding my 7k since april 29.

i pray u get ur money back on time. I remember what Eco Bank did 2 me last year 2012 when i was preparing 4 my wedding. I initially went 2 Unity Bank Banex plaza Abuja 2 withdraw inside but was told their has not being network since morning & after waiting for several hours in vain, i decided 2 use my Eco Bank Debit Card 2 withraw @ Eco Bank Nyanya Abuja 2 enable me travel home but i ended up with a debit transaction alert of N20,000 without d cash itself. I could not travel that day as it was already late so i went back d following day 2 complain but was asked 2 go 2 any branch of d Old Oceanic Bank n complain as that was where i opened my Acc. @ d end,it took them almost 2 months b4 they credited back my account. I hope d banks wil not go n settle them 2 keep quiet about d bill sha
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by gunuvi(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abeg help probe First Bank, Badagry o.
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by AMvanquish: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
What of Banks that deliberately don't put money in the ATMs , Only for you to go and withdraw over the counter and be charged #100 naira. Access bank have been giving me this stress for the Last two months...

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by ollyruffy: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
Zenith Bank, Oginigba branch, PortHarcourt and GTBank, Trans Amadi Branch, PortHarcourt should included in the probe too.
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by Alxmyr(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
Will the probe provide better internet service?

They also need to probe the mods on threads that make front page.
It has come to my notice that threads that has to do with Tonto Dikeh makes it to front page easily.
The House of Reps since they have lost focus of what their duties are, must institute a probe into this one too,

2 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by komek(m): 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Frosti: Fidelity Bank is very guilty of this.
Bros, Ecobanks at Toyin street Ikeja are the worstest. Those two branches should be deleted biko
Re: Reps Probe Banks For Malfunctioning Atms by injuredman: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
How about the "rapes" legislate that we have steady power supply to maintain the ATMs. Frequent booting/rebooting of the ATMs due to power outages affect their efficiencies. Also, when they keep quiet and watch few people sell NITEL with all the facilities to themselves without giving a hoot. Now Nigeria has now fiber optics internet. If electronic banking and proper working of ATMs must take place, we need fiber optics as internet back-bone. They should start from that area.

No body sits down to seize customers' cash. It is just a true picture of our country - NOTHING WORKS except DIRTY POLITICS!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Governor And Director Of Curreny And Operations Signatures / ... / 2017 Results: FBN Holdings Reports Massive 178% Increase In Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.