Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,875 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

About The Trinity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9785 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2013
Mr anony:
My dear frosbel, you are yet to answer my question:

This is interesting: Now here's what I want to ask you: Where do you draw the line between [b]worship and obeisance? What is the difference?
Once you tell me, we will check to see if Jesus was worshiped or paid obeisance to.[/b]

It is still waiting there for you whenever you choose to answer it.

John 4:21-25

New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

Read carefully this english words and see who the isrealites worship, who Christ said we should worship, who is seeking true worshipers, who reconciled us to himself through Christ-Col 1:19-20, 2cor 5:18-21(do you know what this means?), who we all go to through Christ(Jn14:6). It is either you obey Christ, through whom God has called you for reconciliation and while doing so you are obeying the will of the Father cos Christ brought the will of the father to us. Do you disagree? Don't deceive your self by running around these things. you are not doing it for me.

Look! see! they also know about the coming Messiah-Christ.
You have heard from the Master...Worship God

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2013
Image123:
Unfortunately, frosb will ignore such questions that can help him until time 'covers' it, I wonder how his conscience copes.

Have you also wondered if the isralites were taught by the prophets to worship man when you see things like " a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died" what did he actually said while worshiping him?

Definition of worship
noun

1 the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity:the worship of God ancestor worship
2 the acts or rites that make up a formal expression of reverence for a deity; a religious ceremony or ceremonies:the church was opened for public worship
3 adoration or devotion comparable to religious homage, shown toward a person or principle:our society’s worship of teenagers
4 archaic honor given to someone in recognition of their merit.
[as title] (His/Your Worship) chiefly British used in addressing or referring to an important or high-ranking person, especially a magistrate or mayor:we were soon joined by His Worship the Mayor

Compare these things to the worship given to God which must be in spirit and in truth.
Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Boomark:

John 4:21-25

New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

Read carefully this english words and see who the isrealites worship, who Christ said we should worship, who is seeking true worshipers, who reconciled us to himself through Christ-Col 1:19-20, 2cor 5:18-21(do you know what this means?), who we all go to through Christ(Jn14:6). It is either you obey Christ, through whom God has called you for reconciliation and while doing so you are obeying the will of the Father cos Christ brought the will of the father to us. Do you disagree? Don't deceive your self by running around these things. you are not doing it for me.

Look! see! they also know about the coming Messiah-Christ.
You have heard from the Master...Worship God

And the word "christ and massaiah" both means Annointed one.

Who did the annointting ?

*well, be my guest, what happened the day he was baptised ?*
Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2013
Boomark:

Have you also wondered if the isralites were taught by the prophets to worship man when you see things like " a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died" what did he actually said while worshiping him?

Definition of worship
noun

1 the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity:the worship of God ancestor worship
2 the acts or rites that make up a formal expression of reverence for a deity; a religious ceremony or ceremonies:the church was opened for public worship
3 adoration or devotion comparable to religious homage, shown toward a person or principle:our society’s worship of teenagers
4 archaic honor given to someone in recognition of their merit.
[as title] (His/Your Worship) chiefly British used in addressing or referring to an important or high-ranking person, especially a magistrate or mayor:we were soon joined by His Worship the Mayor

Compare these things to the worship given to God which must be in spirit and in truth.

No matter to what any Israelite did, he knows that there is a temple in Jerusalem where God Yahweh receives worship.

That israelite will still carry his animal to the temple and offer it to the one true God the father.

They had no idea of a three in one God. QED.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
really? What does the word "god" mean?
it means deity. How does that relate to "God is just a title"

Am I not? But wait, is a belief in the trinity a prerequisite for salvation?
No you aren't. A knowledge of Trinity is not necessarily a prerequisite for salvation, however a good understanding of the nature of God is important for one to grasp the significance of his/her salvation
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Mr anony:
No you aren't. A knowledge of Trinity is not necessarily a prerequisite for salvation, however a good understanding of the nature of God is important for one to grasp the significance of his/her salvation

which is why the trinity is a non-starter.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

which is why the trinity is a non-starter.

....Where do you draw the line between worship and obeisance? What is the difference?
Once you tell me, we will check to see if Jesus was worshiped or paid obeisance to.

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
Mr anony:

....Where do you draw the line between worship and obeisance? What is the difference?
Once you tell me, we will check to see if Jesus was worshiped or paid obeisance to.

don't flatter yourself and pretend that I have not responded to this question.

Check the dictionary for the meaning of those words , I am sure you know how to use one . cheesy
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
truthislight:

And the word "christ and massaiah" both means Annointed one.

Who did the annointting ?

*well, be my guest, what happened the day he was baptised ?*

If you cannot understand, it makes it impossible for God, right? Why don't you worry about how the sun seem to hang in the sky amongst many other divine works visible to you? JESUS IS GOD.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

Check the dictionary for the meaning of those words , I am sure you know how to use one . cheesy
Please where exactly did you answer my question? Point me to it
Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

He even ignored the one i showed him. Let him continue waiting.
Re: About The Trinity by FromGuiriga(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

If you cannot understand, it makes it impossible for God, right? Why don't you worry about how the sun seem to hang in the sky amongst many other divine works visible to you? JESUS IS GOD.

Man, can please quote me where Jesus say "I am God"
You keep insisting...
Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

It seems you find it difficult to say that the Father anointed Jesus. He even said that the Father SANCTIFIED him and sent him into the world, Jn 10:36.

This bible truth is no where near what you believe-that he is the Father in the flesh.

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
John 8:58
New International Version (NIV)
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
John 20:28
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Colossians 2:9
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: John 20:28
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Has it now come to this ? Taking random verses out of context to prove a PAGAN creed.

If I was you I will revisit this doctrine and do some real Berean study, I was like you a few years ago and fought Muslims atheists and others to death on this topic , until I decided to perform a study and wow !!

Stop dribbling your brain bro and insulting logic.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
Philippians 2:5-8
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

Has it now come to this ? Taking random verses out of context to prove a PAGAN creed.

If I was you I will revisit this doctrine and do some real Berean study, I was like you a few years ago and fought Muslims atheists and others to death on this topic , until I decided to perform a study and wow !!

Stop dribbling your brain bro and insulting logic.

Hmmm you! Mentioning yourself and study in the same sentence ..ok o
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hebrews 1:8
8 But about the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmmm you! Mentioning yourself and study in the same sentence ..ok o

mate I don't just accept anything because it is preached in most churches or has been the tradition for over a thousand years, I actually study , yep.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Hebrews 1:8
8 But about the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;

and then in next verse Heb 1:9

"You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." - Heb 1:9

Does GOD have a GOD.

answer me quick wink
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
Psalm 45:6
6 Your throne, O God,[a] will last for ever and ever;
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Psalm 45:6
6 Your throne, O God,[a] will last for ever and ever;

How can God have a GOD ? Heb 1:9
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

and then in next verse Heb 1:9

"You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." - Heb 1:9

Does GOD have a GOD.

answer me quick wink

I am not here to argue, I am quite sure you saw the verse where it says Christ humbled himself as a man like you and I. He constantly reverenced with God who remains a part of the Godhead.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

How can God have a GOD ? Heb 1:9

Why don't you question the bible, I guess you find that too hard to do. Address psalm 45:6.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am not here to argue, I am quite sure you saw the verse where it says Christ humbled himself as a man like you and I. He constantly reverenced with God who remains a part of the Godhead.

But the verse was not addressed to Jesus as the Son of MAN for the sake of argument, it was addressed to Jesus as GOD , so back to my question how can GOD have a GOD ?

Let me give you a clue : no capitalisation in the original Greek or Hebrew.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
Isaiah 44:6
The Lord, Not Idols

6 “This is what the Lord says—
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Revelation 1:17-18
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Isaiah 44:6
The Lord, Not Idols

6 “This is what the Lord says—
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.

and ?

Where does this mention TRINITY ?

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
Matthew 4:10
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[a]”
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Revelation 1:17-18
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

You left out Rev 1:1a

"The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him "

So tell me , did God give God revelation ?

How absurd if this is your position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Essay Causes Atheist To Seriously Question Beliefs / Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED] / Questions About Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.