Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

About The Trinity - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9815 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 8:43am On Jun 14, 2013
2 Peter 1:21

for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

And

1 Corinthians 6:19
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [/b]who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the [b]temple of the living God.
Re: About The Trinity by Enigma(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2013
Image123:
Unfortunately, frosb will ignore such questions that can help him until time 'covers' it, I wonder how his conscience copes.

shdemidemi:

Frosbel has no backbone, what a way to answer a simple question.

Na waa! wink

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi: Matthew 2:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

It is not by quoting scriptures out of context when you don't have answers. When you are ready to study, we will show you that they all never supported 3 different Gods in 1 God. Unless they are not Gods individually(ie each person). Aren't they? Can you answer that?

Do you actually know the meaning of GODHEAD? All of you are running from this question cos you that what you know is man-made. If you are not afraid of it, show us how it supports trinity. Dearth of scriptures are not allowed.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

Of course, you are slightly right with what you put there. It will be very wrong to say God the father, God the son and God the Spirit(that makes it three Gods). Rather, the bible says we have one God the father, the son and the Spirit.

Try to use the scriptures to back your opinion when answering questions, so you don't end up leaning on your own understanding. You can be logically right but scripturally wrong at a time. Thank you
Appreciated bro, but in my experience, I have found that throwing scriptures at the likes of frosbel and co. is like casting pearls before swine.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 9:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

It is not by quoting scriptures out of context when you don't have answers. When you are ready to study, we will show you that they all never supported 3 different Gods in 1 God. Unless they are not Gods individually(ie each person). Aren't they? Can you answer that?

Do you actually know the meaning of GODHEAD? All of you are running from this question cos you that what you know is man-made. If you are not afraid of it, show us how it supports trinity. Dearth of scriptures are not allowed.
The day you understand that Trinity is not 3 Gods, that's the day you'll actually begin to understand your bible
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
The day you understand that Trinity is not 3 Gods, that's the day you'll actually begin to understand your bible

Can you please show me how it is not 3 Gods?

If it is ONE GOD, and GOD of course remains unchangeable, is it possible for there ever to be a dichotomy of wills between the son and the father?

"Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt". . . . . . . . ?

Rings a bell?

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
I say Amen to the above. Jesus Christ tells us to worship the Father. But what do we do when the Father tells us to worship the Son?

When the Father has given the Son a name above every other name so that every knee MUST bow to Him. (Phil 2:10) Will you not bow you knee to Christ? What about when the Father is glorified when we pray to the Son? (John 14:13) Will you not also pray to Christ?

You answered well but there are lots of anomalies in what you said.

I hope you saw other forms of worship i posted. Check your dictionary and compare or contrast them to the one Christ said we should give to God.

I will always bow to my Lord, my Christ. Did they teach you that you pray to Jesus? That sounds like what they use to teach us then. Please go and read Jn 14:13 again and tell us if he said pray to me or that we should ask in his name. See v16, even in heaven Jesus prayed to the Father to send us the Holy spirit. You pray to the FATHER through Christ.

While reading, think of Christ as the High priest to God, our mediator and our advocate with the Father and not what men taught you to believe which is found nowhere in the scriptures.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

If it is ONE GOD, and GOD of course remains unchangeable, is it possible for there ever to be a dichotomy of wills between the son and the father?

Rings a bell?
Yeah, the doctrine of Trinity is 3 persons, 1 being. Here's a video you might wanna consider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy-H5MmeGU

Tell me what you think after you've seen it.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Rings a bell?

You have to suspend logic and reason to believe in this nonsense, which is why it gets worse on a daily basis when they use all means to explain a concept that is obviously contradictory on all fronts, even to a small child.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Yeah, the doctrine of Trinity is 3 persons, 1 being. Here's a video you might wanna consider:

anony you dissapoint me, I used to respect you cheesy , now you are looking for extra-bible ways of explaining a supposedly biblical concept ?

What else ? sun , moon and stars ? or maybe me , you and them grin grin
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:

Thanks, but I did not ask how three can be one. There are all sorts of concoctions that can easily answer that.

I asked a very specific question about the possibility of dichotomy of wills between the father and the son, if indeed they are one.

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

anony you dissapoint me, I used to respect you cheesy , now you are looking for extra-bible ways of explaining a supposedly biblical concept ?

Mr frosbel, when talking to DeepSight, I don't need to use the bible. When talking to you on the other hand, I do.

And all you have been doing is evading my questions only to sneak back from time to time and try to deliver cheap shots from the sidelines.

My question is still waiting for you here

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 10:27am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Thanks, but I did not ask how three can be one. There are all sorts of concoctions that can easily answer that.

I asked a very specific question about the possibility of dichotomy of wills between the father and the son, if indeed they are one.

Exactly the reason why we say the Trinity is 3 Persons yet 1 Being.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

This is where the humility of Christ comes in- the bible says

Philippians 2:5-8
New International Version (NIV)
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

In this same manner, He wants us to leave in humility. He glorified the father at all times, His name was exalted above any other name upon the face of the earth and in heaven.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

You answered well but there are lots of anomalies in what you said.

I hope you saw other forms of worship i posted. Check your dictionary and compare or contrast them to the one Christ said we should give to God.

I will always bow to my Lord, my Christ. Did they teach you that you pray to Jesus? That sounds like what they use to teach us then. Please go and read Jn 14:13 again and tell us if he said pray to me or that we should ask in his name. See v16, even in heaven Jesus prayed to the Father to send us the Holy spirit. You pray to the FATHER through Christ.

While reading, think of Christ as the High priest to God, our mediator and our advocate with the Father and not what men taught you to believe which is found nowhere in the scriptures.
John 14:13 And whatever you may ask in My name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 14:14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

It looks to me like Jesus is promising to answer the prayers personally.

3 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
John 14:13 And whatever you may ask in My name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 14:14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

It looks to me like Jesus is promising to answer the prayers personally.

Did you intentionally miss out this :

"The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Exactly the reason why we say the Trinity is 3 Persons yet 1 Being.

Well, I see you are not interested in answering the question: Is it possible for there t be a dichotomy of wills between the same divine being.

No wahala. I don't think you will really address yourself to this.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2013
anony will always find a way around difficult questions , even if it means playing with words and the truth wink
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

Did you intentionally miss out this :

"The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

Interesting. Now this is all I will ask you to do. Imagine I said these as a child of God: Tell me which of the following statements amounts to blasphemy.

1. The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is God, living in me, who is doing his work.
2. Believe me when I say that I am in God and God is in me
3. whoever believes in ME will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to God
4. And I will do whatever you ask in MY NAME, so that God may be glorified in ME
5. You may ask ME for anything in MY NAME, and I will do it.

If you are honest, you probably won't have a problem with statement 1 & 2, You may start getting concerned at statement 3. And you will definitely stone me for blasphemy by statement 4 & 5. Only God has the power to make those statements. It is either Christ is indeed God or He is the worst blasphemer that ever lived. He doesn't leave you any other option.

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Well, I see you are not interested in answering the question: Is it possible for there t be a dichotomy of wills between the same divine being.

No wahala. I don't think you will really address yourself to this.
I would have thought that by explaining the fact that God is indeed 3 persons, the point becomes clear that there are 3 different wills at play. However, the meaning of Trinity is that these 3 wills are eternally unified. I don't know what else you want.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel: anony will always find a way around difficult questions , even if it means playing with words and the truth wink
Basically you have just admitted that I will always answer difficult questions. The same cannot really be said for you. It appears you just ignore difficult questions and hope the asker forgets.

If your theology is sound, you should be willing to tackle any questions thrown at you.

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
Basically you have just admitted that I will always answer difficult questions. The same cannot really be said for you. It appears you just ignore difficult questions and hope the asker forgets.

If your theology is sound, you should be willing to tackle any questions thrown at you.

I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
I would have thought that by explaining the fact that God is indeed 3 persons, the point becomes clear that there are 3 different wills at play. However, the meaning of Trinity is that these 3 wills are eternally unified. I don't know what else you want.

Its simple. If the three wills are eternally unified, you could never have a statement like ' Father if it be possible, let this cup pass over my head. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt'

This shows a dichotomy of wills, where one has a different will, but must subject it to the will of the other.

It's simple really. But in this matter I cannot expect your lens not to be colored.

By the way, what the difference between a person and a being. I strongly suggest to you, that, in seeking to make a distinction there, you are engaging in meaningless grammatical play only for the purpose of defending the incongruous..
Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

3 gods.

Mr anony:
This is NOT what the Trinity is?

what and who defines what the Trinity Is then, since it is that the word is not found in the bible and the adherents are giving us divers definitions of what trinity is.

We have more than two explanations of trinity flying around in this forum.

Why should your own version be the right one ?
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
It is even heretical and blasphemous in the extreme, for any person to call a fellow human being (Jesus of Nazareth) Almighty God.

The poor fella said himself -

"Do not call me good, for only God is Good."

This, in response to simply being addressed as "Good Rabbi!"

Go figure.

The truth is that even if Jesus were to descend from heaven today, and say face to face to Anony, Enigma and Co, that He is NOT God, they would insist that Jesus is lying to them, perhaps as an example of humility. That is the extent of how deeply this thing has sunk into the minds of trinitarians: they prefer to call Jesus a liar, than to renounce the doctrine.

And, indeed, by their words, they do label Jesus Christ a complete liar, by insisting that his words on this matter, were false.
Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:

Are you saying the 3 persons are not Gods. As in the Father is not God, Jesus is not God and the spirit is not God? The day you answer this well you will understand how men have synchronized your thinking with mens doctrine.

Godhead nko, are you afraid to try that one? Smh!!!
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight: Its simple. If the three wills are eternally unified, you could never have a statement like ' Father if it be possible, let this cup pass over my head. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt'

This shows a dichotomy of wills, where one has a different will, but must subject it to the will of the other.
Have you read Philipians 2:5-10? It clearly tells us about Christ giving up His God privileges to take the form of a man and hence He submits His will to that of the Father

It's simple really. But in this matter I cannot expect your lens not to be colored.

By the way, what the difference between a person and a being. I strongly suggest to you, that, in seeking to make a distinction there, you are engaging in meaningless grammatical play only for the purpose of defending the incongruous..
The bold is a very good question and I'm happy to address it but first of all I must ask if you watched the video I presented because it will be much easier for me to build my answer upon it.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Are you saying the 3 persons are not Gods. As in the Father is not God, Jesus is not God and the spirit is not God? The day you answer this well you will understand how men have synchronized your thinking with mens doctrine.

Godhead nko, are you afraid to try that one? Smh!!!
I am saying that the 3 persons are 1 God NOT "Gods". Try to get it right first.
Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

that is not the Anony you know. Check him out. I too was surprised and i checked.

Unless...
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Deep Sight:
"Do not call me good, for only God is Good."
Erhm DeepSight, Jesus didn't say that. Go and read your bible again. The verse you seek is Mark 10:18
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
I am saying that the 3 persons are 1 God NOT "Gods". Try to get it right first.

3 Persons = 1 God

3 Persons each with a will, intellect and emotion is the same Person with the same will, intellect and emotion undecided

Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi: @Anony

Of course, you are slightly right with what you put there. It will be very wrong to say God the father, God the son and God the Spirit(that makes it three Gods). Rather, the bible says we have one God the father, the son and the Spirit.

Try to use the scriptures to back your opinion when answering questions, so you don't end up leaning on your own understanding. You can be logically right but scripturally wrong at a time. Thank you

That ^ is what i am saying, there are so many versions of trinity, who then is right who then is wrong ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.