Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor (9317 Views)

APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State / Desperation For Re-election Caused Looting Under Jonathan – Prof Sagay / 2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122986:jonathan-is-displaying-desperation-for-2015&catid=72:focus&Itemid=598

‘Jonathan is displaying desperation for 2015’
THURSDAY, 30 MAY 2013 00:00 ALEMMA-OZIORUVA ALIU FEATURES - FOCUS
User Rating: / 1
PoorBest

Reverend David Ugolor, a rights activist, is the Executive Director, African Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ). In this interview with ALEMMA-OZIORUVA ALIU in Benin City, he spoke on the raging crisis in the Rivers State PDP involving Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and the 2015 general election build-up.

WHAT is your stance on issues relating to the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) and the Presidency?

This is another Abuja magic in display, we are in trouble. Femi Falana recently released a statement where he said there is a gradual move to dictatorship in Nigeria and attempt to muzzle opposition groups and free speech. You know Falana cannot just make a statement out of the blues. I raised the alarm that this government is not willing to listen to alternative voices, every attempt to demand justice, has been frustrated and the level of impunity today in Nigeria is alarming, it cuts across government sectors and institutions.
If you look at the just released human rights report 2012, it is the same message and the response of this government has been very bad; yesterday it was me, today is Amaechi, tomorrow it could be Adams. The Niger State governor also said so recently. So you can see that there is a gradual trend towards muzzling people with alternative views and even a threat to justice and once there is threat to justice, you cannot talk of the rule of law, you cannot talk of democracy.

The Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) is a platform for the governors to articulate their positions. They are not arms carriers. The NGF is made up of both governors from the opposition and ruling party and they elected Amaechi as their chairman, and all the issues he has been raising are not his personal views they are consensus issues. Should he now pay a price for that? But you can see that this Abuja magic has brought politics into the NGF and this we condemn outrightly and as if that is not enough, this Abuja Magic which is interpreted as those old politicians who have expired in their states, as soon as they form partnership with the presidency, they try to undermine everything that happens in the states; they portend danger. The on-going politicisation of the NGF activities is condemnable, it is unacceptable and as civil society, we cannot keep quiet.

They brought the judiciary into who becomes the chairman of PDP in Rivers State. They went to Abuja to get a court ruling, something that could be done in Port Harcourt. It is an attempt to muzzle Governor Amaechi and Nigerians should oppose it. If the President wants to contest in 2015, the first thing he should do is to engage all stakeholders from the region, particularly the NGF. I don’t think anybody who wants to be president of Nigeria should be fighting Amaechi who is the chairman of the NGF because the position is that of the NGF. They are playing dirty politics. Look at the delay or seizure of the Rivers State aircraft. The differences between the President and Amaechi is dirty politics, an attempt to undermine some persons as we move towards 2015, it is 2015 politics at play. Even at that, does Amaechi not deserve and have the right to aspire to be president of this country? Does any other person from the South-South not have the right to become the president? It is like once you make contrary statements, you become a target and it is wrong.

Do proper assessment of South-South presidency, what practical benefit has the region got from this government? Amaechi raised concern about the East West Road. Who will say that the road is not an issue in the Niger Delta? He said if the Federal Government cannot handle it, let the South-South governors handle it. Is there anything wrong about that? The politics surrounding NGF has to do with 2015 election and we are saying that everybody, every tribe in the region all has the same right to aspire to become president of this country.
But as a matter of fact, I am not to concerned about who becomes president because from the example in Edo state, the issue of tribe does not really matter. To a large extent, if Oshiomhole was to contest on the basis of ethnicity, he may not even become a councillor in the state. But the people of Edo believed that ethnic background is not the issue but who is able to deliver.

If an opinion poll is carried out in the region today, people are not happy with the current presidency of Godluck Jonathan. The so-called South-South presidency is a ruse, no benefit has come to the region and I think we have a responsibility to begin to articulate views that will help to advance the cause of our people. The fact that less than one per cent of those who believe in arms are currently in comfort zone with the present government does not take away our own right to ventilate our concerns and as an Urhobo person, I have a right to articulate issues that will advance my tribe in the region. The fact that we don’t carry arms in the region does not mean we are stupid because we have our own vision.

Allegation that the NGF and its chairman have become like an empire and emperor

NGF is a kind of pressure group registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. Its members have their positions. If you have contrary views to what they say, you also have the right to reply to their views. You cannot use federal agencies to now undermine the views of the NGF; it is unacceptable, it is dictatorship and a move to muzzle alternative views. ‘When NGF is supporting the presidency, it is good when they have alternative views, it is bad.’ You don’t run a country like that. Look at the issues they have been raising, Sovereign Wealth Fund and others. The states have their autonomy. The constitution is clear about allocation of resources.

You cannot use state resources to run the SWF and that is what the state governments are saying. Today it is Jonathan, tomorrow it could be anybody. He should not use federal government agencies to do 2015 because he is setting a bad precedent. At best, he will be president for eight years and that is why we are concerned but other persons will be president tomorrow. Look at Obasanjo today, he has become an emergency activist, if somebody had told him he will now be running around as an activist, he won’t believe. Yesterday when he was president, he was so dictatorial and that is why we are saying the right regulations should be put in place instead of castigating and hounding those who hold contrary views because you will not be there tomorrow. Look at people like El-Rufai, Oby Ezekwesili, today they are with us but yesterday they were in government. I don’t think if anybody had told El-Rufai that he will take this stance today, he would believe. So Jonathan should remember these people, let the right policies be in place.

How do you see the recent presidential pardon?

Pardon is now being given to some tribes and some tribes are not given. What is the difference between James Ibori and Diepreye Alamieyeseigha? As a matter of fact, Alamieyeseigha also has an international dimension to his corruption. That is why I want to appeal to the international community that they should not play into the hands of this government because this government’s so- called anti-corruption crusade is wrapped up in tribal sentiments; so when this government said they were cooperating with the British government to bring Ibori to justice, it was a ruse. The British government is wiser. A few months ago, Tinubu was being paraded before the Code of Conduct Tribunal because of his strong views.

[b]We all have a responsibility to defend this democracy. Left alone, I don’t think Jonathan would have become the president of this country. Nigerians fought doggedly for him. We also have the right to disagree with him. Anybody from the Niger Delta who has been driving along the East West road would not be happy with the pace of work there and I don’t think that can fetch him votes from there. Let him not be deceived, Abuja Magic cannot say who will be president in 2015; it is what you are able to do, and what he is able to deliver to the region that will be the basis for who becomes what.

Violence is not exclusive to any particular tribe. The federal government now deals with only those who carry arms. The fact that the Urhobo do not carry arms, the fact that the Ogonis did not carry arms, does not mean they are stupid. Look at the billions of naira that have been sunk into amnesty which would have been used to build infrastructure. This is fraud, less than one per cent of the people in the Niger Delta are the ones benefiting from the amnesty.[/b] This government has not been able to justify the billions it has spent on the people of the area to justify the sacrifices people have made, sacrifices made by Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni Eight, sacrifices by other tribes in the region. You cannot appropriate such for just one tribe. I think the presidency is heading for disaster in the region and every tribe have the right to defend its own. Amaechi comes from a tribe and every tribe has the right to aspire to be president of the country.

On Obasanjo’s criticism of the Jonathan administration’s fight against corruption

As far as I am concerned, Obsanjo has lost his moral right to criticise this government. He is an hypocrite; his daughter who was a senator was accused of corruption, he is only trying to whip up sentiments. Jonathan is the president of this country; what Obasanjo is doing is unacceptable. When Obasanjo was president, nobody would do to him what he is doing to Jonathan today. What moral basis does he have? If you want to even compare him to Jonathan in terms of listening to alternative views, Jonathan is better. If he had allowed Nigerians to pick their president, we won’t be where we are. It was because he singlehandedly picked Yar’Adua who later died that brought about Jonathan. If he had allowed Nigerians to pick their leader, it would have been different. We are asking Jonathan to deliver because we want true democracy. Our criticism is that he should not use state machinery to manipulate his coming back in 2015.

Comment on the one year anniversary of the death of Olaitan Oyerinde

One year after, the President of this country has failed again. It becoming increasingly clear who killed Olaitan, there is no doubt about it. What they wanted to do was to rope me in and close the case but it is now clear that the they killed Olaitan. It was the President that ordered the investigation into the killing and after almost a year nothing has happened to the extent that a sitting governor, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state had an altercation with the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice who lied to Nigerians. It is the same Abuja magic, when they didn’t feel comfortable here in the state, they had to approach the federal DPP (Director of Public Prosecution) for advice on the matter that happened here in Edo; expired politicians who run to the federal government once they see they cannot use their power in the state. All these show the culture of impunity in Nigeria.

Till today, the investigation of Olaitan’s killing is still shrouded in controversy, on who killed him, who did not kill him and I think that in a country where we are talking of democracy, the president by now would have invited the SSS and the police. I hope that as we mark his one year anniversary, it provides us with the energy to continue to demand for justice for him, for us and for his family on who killed Olaitan Oyerinde. But like I said, from the way the police tried to frame me up, that those young men that police claimed killed Olaitan where shot to confess me and we made this point clear through Femi Falana during the public hearing on the matter and up till today, that allegation has not been countered.

On centenary celebration

This provides an opportunity for us to look back. Where are we coming from? Government is investing more resources to embark on criminal investigation and prosecution. We are not heading anywhere. Impunity is increasing daily and I think that according to the book of Leviticus as we approach jubilee period, we should all come together. Most of the political elites are enmeshed in corruption. I think we should have a fresh beginning. Everybody should be forgiven so that we can start on a new slate because the man who wants to prosecute the other person is also corrupt.

On Edo council election

It is still the case of Abuja Magic. I will comment on the post-election. I congratulate the Edo State government for conducting the election. It was done because of the agitation of Edo people that they need a democratically elected local government administration and the government responded. At least, there is a general consensus that election was held and issues arose. Although I didn’t monitor the election but my colleagues did and from my own appraisal, the key lesson we must learn is that there are areas we must improve on, but the idea that election should be cancelled is unacceptable.

We must move forward, people have invested resources, elections have been organised and people have won and some have lost. The constitution is clear, when you lose an election, you can approach the court, and we will monitor the court process as civil society groups to ensure that the judiciary does its part. I also condemn the violence that erupted. People should not see election as a do-or-die affair, election should be for service. When you don’t win, go and do other things. We must commend the Edo state government for two reasons: for listening to the agitation of the people that election should be conducted and then the logistics challenge. I think the idea of printing our materials from abroad is not acceptable; we must internalize, localize, domesticate because apart from the capital outflow, we must learn to trust ourselves. I understand the challenge of the materials not being hijacked but I think they should improve on it in future so that those things can be printed here.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Afam4eva(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
is the opposition not also desperate to get power at all cost? Let's stop acting as if it's only Jonathan that's guilty of it. if anything, APC seems more desperate to me. They go about disparaging anything Jonathan does or says whether it's right or wrong just to score cheap political points.

15 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Garrithe1st: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva: is the opposition not also desperate to get power at all cost? Let's stop acting as if it's only Jonathan that's guilty of it. if anything, APC seems more desperate to me. They go about disparaging anything Jonathan does or says whether it's right or wrong just to score cheap political points.

Once again you display a shameful level of irrationality. The man accused GEJ of being dictatorial instead of commenting on that you are bringing in APC in a bid to derail the thread. Why not defend GEJ's actions?

The question is:

Is GEJ's desperation for 2015 driving him towards being dictatorial??

If you can't address the above, then keeping shut and observing the thread from afar won't be a bad idea..

cool

39 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
"If an opinion poll is carried out in the region today, people are not happy withthe current presidency of Godluck Jonathan"- David Ugolor

People just issue silly statements that have no basis. Well, an opinion poll was recently carried out by an independent body
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/132031-again-jonathans-approval-rating-takes-a-beating.html

The results shows GEJ still enjoys unshakable support in the southsouth and exposes the nonentity interviewed in the above report as a SHAMELESS LIAR.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Once again you display a shameful level of irrationality. The man accused GEJ of being dictatorial instead of commenting on that you are bringing in APC in a bid to derail the thread. Why not defend GEJ's actions?

The question is:

If you can't address the above, then keeping shut and observing the thread from afar won't be a bad idea..

cool
From my post, it showed that i somewhat agreed with the writer's assertion. I just killed two birds with a stone.
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by tomakint: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Double post
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by tomakint: 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
Na wao shocked shocked people sabi yearn ooo, too many yearn Lords these days! See epistle on top sey Jonathan wan go for second term as if he did not merit it! What shall it profit the writer of this long, unnecessary hogwash after wasting energy, time to pen this wordy, baseless epistle only to see that Jonathan eventually wins in 2015 undecided

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by gbanikiti(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva: is the opposition not also desperate to get power at all cost? Let's stop acting as if it's only Jonathan that's guilty of it. if anything, APC seems more desperate to me. They go about disparaging anything Jonathan does or says whether it's right or wrong just to score cheap political points.
Am just trying to align your comment to the thread. It doesn't seem to flow on the same trend or does it?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by kkkp: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
Na Buhari tok am? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by alaoeri: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
tomakint: Na wao shocked shocked people sabi yearn ooo, too many yearn Lords these days! See epistle on top sey Jonathan wan go for second term as if he did not merit it! What shall it profit the writer of this long, unnecessary hogwash after wasting energy, time to pen this wordy, baseless epistle only to see that Jonathan eventually wins in 2015 undecided
I agree with u GEJ can contest for second term but why is he witch hunting Amaechi?
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "If an opinion poll is carried out in the region today, people are not happy withthe current presidency of Godluck Jonathan"- David Ugolor

People just issue silly statements that have no basis. Well, an opinion poll was recently carried out by an independent body
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/132031-again-jonathans-approval-rating-takes-a-beating.html

The results shows GEJ still enjoys unshakable support in the southsouth and exposes the nonentity interviewed in the above report as a SHAMELESS LIAR.

Ugolor a "non-entity"? Anyway, I am not surprised. You are no different to the arrogantly partisan Ekweremadu who called this same activist a "charlatan" merely because the man led a protest at the upper legislative house condemning the non-passage of the PIB. Go and learn about Ugolor. He is certainly a Nigerian 'good guy' in my opinion given his history and what he has constantly fought for.

In any case, he commented on many issues. Yet it is not surprising that the only thing that got you flustered is his assertion that stakeholders are unhappy with GEJ. When they then call you a paid hack you get angry and petty. Did you not notice Ugolor put OBJ down for his hypocritical criticism of GEJ? These are the sort of genuine men who have no axe to grind with GEJ. They say it as it is and as they see it.

21 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by malc619(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Ugolor a "non-entity"? Anyway, I am not surprised. You are no different to the arrogantly partisan Ekweremadu who called this same activist a "charlatan" merely because the man led a protest at the upper legislative house condemning the non-passage of the PIB. Go and learn about Ugolor. He is certainly a Nigerian 'good guy' in my opinion given his history and what he has constantly fought for.

In any case, he commented on many issues. Yet it is not surprising that the only thing that got you flustered is his assertion that stakeholders are unhappy with GEJ. When they then call you a paid hack you get angry and petty. Did you not notice Ugolor put OBJ down for his hypocritical criticism of GEJ? These are the sort of genuine men who have no axe to grind with GEJ. They say it as it is and as they see it.

The above words are not meant for insincere 9gerian and his Ilk. They are for unbiased and rationale folks who need to know the truth!!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2013

This man has given his view and you don't even bother to find out who he is before talking of the APC. Has he spoken for the APC? Why not inspect his utterance on the basis of its own merit? Your talk may have been justified if you were responding to the utterance of El Rufai, Fashola or Tinubu. As it is I think you are merely being contrarian, as usual, for the sake of it. I think the man , taking the article in it's entirety, makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 6:26am On Jun 06, 2013
malc619:

The above words are not meant for insincere 9gerian and his Ilk. They are for unbiased and rationale folks who need to know the truth!!

indeed.
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 06, 2013
Gbawe:

They say it as it is? Even after exposing his WiCKED LIES? Well, maybe you meant they say what your ears are itching to hear.

Meanwhile, it appears you'r confused. Didn't you try to make the same exertion stand out by changing the colour to red? You'r simply bitter because all your efforts and propaganda on this thread had crumbled

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 7:03am On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
They say it as it is? Even after exposing his WiCKED LIES? Well, maybe you meant they say what your ears are itching to hear.

Meanwhile, it appears you'r confused. Didn't you try to make the same exertion stand out by changing the colour to red? You'r simply bitter because all your efforts and propaganda on this thread had crumbled

You are simply paranoid delusion.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The question is:

cool
wow,wow bravo 2 U dude !!!

Afam is quite amusing with most of his response in Nairaland ..... E be like say na some peep just dey robotic !! grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by eggheaders(m): 7:32am On Jun 06, 2013
how low insecure Nigerian and his bandwagon of re*tards can go for crumbs from politicians table baffles even imbe.ciles. it seems you miss the part where obasanjo was scold and other politicians now forming activists. wondering how gej go be when forming his own activist after is kick back to otueke come 2015. better get back to your onaghocko onaghocko and ogu discharge business cause gej is definitely going home.
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint: Na wao shocked shocked people sabi yearn ooo, too many yearn Lords these days! See epistle on top sey Jonathan wan go for second term as if he did not merit it! What shall it profit the writer of this long, unnecessary hogwash after wasting energy, time to pen this wordy, baseless epistle only to see that Jonathan eventually wins in 2015 undecided
U peeps won't even allow effective criticism ........ ....... !!!

The Nigerian President is so constitutionally and customarily powerful that No bird would be flown without his knowlegde !!!

Therefore,if u checked the Political debacle arising in Nigeria today,it has the signature of the presidency headed by GEJ ........

And such debacle in favour of GEJ stance without recourse to democracy is what Ugolo tagged Dictatorial ......unless U,tomakint,have gotten a better adjective,Dictatorial seems right !!!

U never read the part were Ugolo extolled GEJ as having better listening abilities than OBJ grin ahahaha twas an Objective criticism !!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Gbawe ......kindly tendered this thread for FP ::::
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 7:58am On Jun 06, 2013
donroxy: Gbawe ......kindly tendered this thread for FP ::::

My brother, I don't give a damn about the front page. I don't even use it. As long as bright folks like you contribute effectively to make debate progressive, whatever side of things you are on, then that is what matters.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Gbawe: 8:09am On Jun 06, 2013
donroxy: wow,wow bravo 2 U dude !!!

Afam is quite amusing with most of his response in Nairaland ..... E be like say na some peep just dey robotic !! grin

No. Merely contrarian for the sake of it because he assumes it makes him more 'readable' or more 'liked'. The equivalent of seeking the acceptance of others through populist sound-bites that are ultimately hollow and not very sensible or even pertinent overall. Ugolor talked on many things that put the title in perspective and in relation to his own specific viewpoint. That much is crystal clear for anyone that read the article and comprehended it's content.

For example, did Afam4eva not read where Ugolor indicates that the pardon of Alamieyeseigha is 'tribalisitic' and perhaps another display of GEJ's political "desperation"? I really don't know why Afam4eva would mention the APC if he was not being fatuously contrarian as usual.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/contrarian

Contrarian:
a contrary or obstinate person
1. a person who takes an opposing view, esp. one who rejects the majority opinion, as in economic matters.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "If an opinion poll is carried out in the region today, people are not happy withthe current presidency of Godluck Jonathan"- David Ugolor

your defence is always weak and obnoxious.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2013
Gbawe:

My brother, I don't give a damn about the front page. I don't even use it. As long as bright folks like you contribute effectively to make debate progressive, whatever side of things you are on, then that is what matters.
Hmmm,understandable ...... Let me promote the thread on FP then, if u have ur reservations ........I am not concern abt the FP craze but sensible topics on FP brings awareness and more objective/Non-objective contributions ......!!!
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by tomakint: 9:21am On Jun 06, 2013
donroxy: U peeps won't even allow effective criticism ........ ....... !!!

The Nigerian President is so constitutionally and customarily powerful that No bird would be flown without his knowlegde !!!

Therefore,if u checked the Political debacle arising in Nigeria today,it has the signature of the presidency headed by GEJ ........

And such debacle in favour of GEJ stance without recourse to democracy is what Ugolo tagged Dictatorial ......unless U,tomakint,have gotten a better adjective,Dictatorial seems right !!!

U never read the part were Ugolo extolled GEJ as having better listening abilities than OBJ grin ahahaha twas an Objective criticism !!!
I am yet to see any pro-Jonathan here who thinks Jonathan is without flaws, who thinks Jonathan can fix Nigeria within 2 years but what do we have from the oppositions? They so much believed in their 'quick fix-it' tendecies as if politics is one easy venture! My position has always been collapse this too powerful central government and revive the regionalism of yesteryears for effective governance as I stated here (https://www.nairaland.com/964274/tale-country-multi-coloured-system-government) the truth is, within the limited time at his disposal Jonathan had performed more than his predecessors this is one noble fact that cannot be whisked away! Agreed, constructive criticisms are welcomed but what happened when such criticisms turn to smear campaigns from the opposition? Hate him or love him Jonathan is the man to beat come 2015!
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by malc619(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Is Gbawe = Ugolor??

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Mylove55(f): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2013
blink182: your defence is always weak and obnoxious.
it is only one percent of niger deltan dat benefit frm Gej,d poll maybe base on who are tribalistic,who stil want Gej to be president,not base on what they benefit.for me he has not done anything in benin.and i am not tribalistic
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint:
I am yet to see any pro-Jonathan here who thinks Jonathan is without flaws, who thinks Jonathan can fix Nigeria within 2 years but what do we have from the oppositions? They so much believed in their 'quick fix-it' tendecies as if politics is one easy venture! My position has always been collapse this too powerful central government and revive the regionalism of yesteryears for effective governance as I stated here (https://www.nairaland.com/964274/tale-country-multi-coloured-system-government) the truth is, within the limited time at his disposal Jonathan had performed more than his predecessors this is one noble fact that cannot be whisked away! Agreed, constructive criticisms are welcomed but what happened when such criticisms turn to smear campaigns from the opposition? Hate him or love him Jonathan is the man to beat come 2015!
The bolded is not true ...... Most pro-GEJ would never admit Jonathan flaws ...... Every Criticism should not be reduced to Opposition's attack !!!

There are Pressure Groups among other Civil Societies who appreciate Government's effort on Good Policies and criticise Government opps/Failure .....

Ugolo is an activist ...... An activist does not necessarily need to be affilliated to any Political Party ........but what do we have ........ Each and every Constructive Criticism on GEJ is tagged as Opposition-sponsored even the ones coming from just ordinary citizens with no party affiliation ........

Take for Instance Ugolo launds GEJ over OBJ on listening skills .......Opposition sponsored will never do this but categorised both ObJ and GEJ as dictatorial ........

Opposition and Civil societies will attack Government on percieved weakness/biasness/corruption .........if such weakness is glaring,all would see it including ordinary citizens ..........

But Ordinary citizens and civil societies would never reach the extent to which Opposition would do .......

U pro-GEJ must be able to distinguished Constructive criticism and Opposition-sponsored ones !!!

I am a Nigerian who laud his President and criticised him when necessary !!!
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Daraplato(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
his actions in the last few weeks shows he is.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Dee60: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
I can bet you, the man will not contest in 2015!
Re: GEJ Is Displaying Desperation For 2015 - David Ugolor by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
LEAVE ALL THESE NOTICE ME PEOPLE. WHEN HE GAVE PEOPLE FREE HAND TO DO WHATEVER, THEY SAY GEJ IS DAFT, CLUELESS AND DAT NIGERIA NEEDS A PRESIDENT LIKE OBASANJO WHO CAN ASSERT WHTEVA HE WANTS. THE SAY NIGERIANS NEED IRON HAND AND JONATHA HAS TISSUE HANDS. NOW THE PRESIDENT IS ACTING UP, FIRTS BUHARI CONDEMED STATE OF EMERGENCY, NOW THAT SOME EDIOTS ARE TRYING TO SABOTAGE THE EFFORTS OF CONSOLIDTION OF THE GOVT AND THEY ARE BEING PUT IN THER RIGHTFULL PLACE, THEY SAY ITS DESPERATION. GEJ, SUSPEND ALL THE SUSPENDABLES, KILL ALL THE BOKO HARAM, U HAVE BEEN A SHHEP, TELL NIGERIANS THAT U CAN BE A LION TOO. IF THEY LIKE LET THEM CALL IT DESPERATION, DICTATORSHIP OR KPARAKPOISM... ALL NA TRANSFORMATION. TTTCCHEW

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Hiding Place For Defecting Politicians- EFCC / APGA Suspends Newly-elected Anambra Speaker, Two Others / Kola Ologbondiyan Denies That PDP Defectors Are Considering Return To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.