Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu (12035 Views)

Armed Men Crossing Benue River En-Route Agatu (Video) - SBM Intelligence / In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by curiouslad(m): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigerians really need to understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
The only thing these foreigners have over us is basic social amenities,

Their streets are not paved with Gold!

There is mass unemployment worldwide!

Your chances of survival in your fatherland is better than in a foreign land where every body passes and stare at you like you are covered in shit just because of your color! Racism is Real!

Buckle your ideas together, Nigeria is not the best place to be, but it is not the worst
With perseverance you can still make it.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2013

i have decided not to advise anybody again on this issue .like the saying goes experience is the best teacher.i was advising someone yesterday on this issue who has 700k and is hell bent on travelling ,i thought he saw reason with me that he should invest the money only for me to discover that he had opened another thread on how he can cross the desert to libya.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Osheshe(f): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2013
I actually thought you were sane...thanks for correcting that impression.

You were irked by the fact that Bianca (one of your own) could boldly state that your people are among those who migrate to Europe through illegal means. So you were quick to affix names to the 'other tribes' not so?

You seem to be immune to the truth. One of those people who when they are being told the truth is akin to pouring water on a fowl's back. Suck it up, Mister. Crime, felony and the desperate quest for survival via any possible means is not synonymous with any tribe.

I've come across beggars and destitutes with Eastern roots, all of them illegal immigrants; on the streets of the UK and US. Same goes for women of loose virtue from my state. At the end of the day, we are all Nigerians and hold green passports.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by 50calibre(m): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2013
Do these guys even research before embarking on suicide missions like this? Spain is struggling with huge economic crises, no jobs for their own people, their banks are being bailed out by Europe, yet some Nigerian think there are greener pastures there.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 11:38am On Jun 06, 2013
nairaland.com/253650/nigerian-lady-dies-desert-giving

m.irinnews.org/report/80835/west-africa-migrants-risk-all-to-cross-desert
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by ogb5(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
i have decided not to advise anybody again on this issue .like the saying goes experience is the best teacher.i was advising someone yesterday on this issue who has 700k and is hell bent on travelling ,i thought he saw reason with me that he should invest the money only for me to discover that he had opened another thread on how he can cross the desert to libya.

when you are abroad and advice anyone not to come over without a good reason, they see you as a witch.

I have since learnt that lesson and keep my advice to myself. Experience is the best teacher they say.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by ddeola: 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Abegi ! Make una talk anoda thing, life itself is a risk
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by obi123: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
dridowu: Stale news

God bless you , very stale news , we are tired of them stating the bleeding obvious
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
usman dealer: Featuring
Fabric seat
Factory fitted A.C
Alloy wheel
6 loader CD
V4 engine
Lagos cleared
Accident free
100% ok
Power steering control
Power locked
Very clean
Contact Usman Cars Dealer on 08035680192
na from spain u bring this one come abi?ok make we patronise u how much?
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by everyday: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bianca, an ambassador of Nigeria doing us proud

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by plainmirror(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pls who is biaca ojukwu?
And what is spain?
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
plainmirror: Pls who is biaca ojukwu?
And what is spain?
bianca ojukwu is the new goalkeeper for chelsea that mourihno just signed
and spain is a new beer in nigeria,it cost 200naira per bottle
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by tpia5: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
seriously, the nigerian govt did not hire a pr team to write her speeches?

what on earth are these people doing with this oil money.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by chi4ik(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
nyere84: I hope my future husband dat i ve been waiting for all my life..., is not among those dat drowned??
hehehehe, U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ very funny
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by jude33084(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
braine:

Oh really? Madam, the truth is that you sit in the comfort of your office/home doing nothing. As if you give a damn about anyone.

ARE YOU SURE GEJ HAS NOT ADDED HER TO THE LIKES OF DIEZANI ALISON lipsrsealed
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by biafranqueen: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Do you really think so? I advise that you search more then Nairaland thread before making such a comment as to not sound as if bad belly dey pain you don't you know most people in Spain are jobless and once you enter a country illegal only job available is illegal hustle
israel007: Madam we're used to those lies. If that place no better, why u send some of ur relative or kidss go there.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by informatix: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
domcarez: U morons, she's right because the unemployment rate in spain is on the increase,if u have listened to CNN lately u wil undstnd wat she said and by the way why would nigerians enter the spain thru illegal means....some pple just like to compound their problems anyway goodluck to them i just hope they dont freeze in the middle of the ocean
you think those Voyagers have access to CNN?.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by biafranqueen: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
I met a gentleman in line at the store and he just arrived 3 month ago via lottery with his whole family to the states. He said if he knew it was going to be like this he would have rejected the lottery. He had a thriving business in Nigeria and now his wife is the only one that could grab a job working with mental children in private home for $1,000.00 a month and they are staying with a friend who is now turning to enemy already.

Some may say that it is alot but $1,000.00 (158,000N) is how much a one room flat in the ghetto cost that does not include water gas and trash also if you drive nice cars 2010 and up insurance for two cars is $200.00 a month with no accident.You want to eat well food for 4 people if you eat African food (1 whole stock fish is like $50.00 a small bag of cray fish $10.00) it could run you $200.00 plus a week. Childcare for two children for 4 hours a day is $150.00 a week.
Our mortgage which we still have 15 more years to pay is $2,300. a month that does not include the property tax that even after the house is paid off we will still pay government 2-3 thousand a year.

Trust me any Nigerian that collects at least $300,000.00 clean cash will be back in Nigeria in a heart beat

curiouslad: Nigerians really need to understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Your chances of survival in your fatherland is better than in a foreign land where every body passes and stare at you like you are covered in shit just because of your color! Racism is Real!

Buckle your ideas together, Nigeria is not the best place to be, but it is not the worst

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by biafranqueen: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ambassador Ojukwu keep working hard to bring this issue to the forefront. Coming to a country by legal means creates so much stress then most can believe let alone illegally where you have to watch your back 24 7.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by romeo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
50calibre: Do these guys even research before embarking on suicide missions like this? Spain is struggling with huge economic crises, no jobs for their own people, their banks are being bailed out by Europe, yet some Nigerian think there are greener pastures there.

Catalonia in Spain, a state, has similar budget like Nigeria. Madrid has (budget) more than half of Nigeria's annual budget. Spanish economy is 10 times bigger than Nigeria's. Jobless people are paid money every month to encourage consumer spending, and only small savings banks were bailed out. People are better off in Spain than that dirty cesspool called Nigeria. Spain is not heaven i know, unemployment is 25% and it's huge, but things will get better there.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by ghananotnaija(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
biafranqueen: I met a gentleman in line at the store and he just arrived 3 month ago via lottery with his whole family to the states. He said if he knew it was going to be like this he would have rejected the lottery. He had a thriving business in Nigeria and now his wife is the only one that could grab a job working with mental children in private home for $1,000.00 a month and they are staying with a friend who is now turning to enemy already.

Some may say that it is alot but $1,000.00 (158,000N) is how much a one room flat in the ghetto cost that does not include water gas and trash also if you drive nice cars 2010 and up insurance for two cars is $200.00 a month with no accident.You want to eat well food for 4 people if you eat African food (1 whole stock fish is like $50.00 a small bag of cray fish $10.00) it could run you $200.00 plus a week. Childcare for two children for 4 hours a day is $150.00 a week.
Our mortgage which we still have 15 more years to pay is $2,300. a month that does not include the property tax that even after the house is paid off we will still pay government 2-3 thousand a year.

Trust me any Nigerian that collects at least $300,000.00 clean cash will be back in Nigeria in a heart beat

If you can't make it in the USA, you can't make it anywhere. Stop complaining. There are so many opportunities there. What about all those immigrants who came from Africa, India, China, Vietnam, etc with almost nothing and made it to the middle class and sending their kids to college? Things might not seem easy at first, but the US is a land where if you work hard at what you do and get good at it, you'll find success. If you're not making it, something's wrong with you, because millions of others have made it.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by mindtricks: 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Get rich or die trying! No be me talk am.
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by daryoor(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
bianca, if u need a young and capable guy, if u need that thug loving, i know u like tough guys, so call me. Why u disturbing yourself, jonathan didnt employ u on merit, he's not expectin that much from you, now, sit on my laps
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by trolling(m): 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
nyere84: I hope my future husband dat i ve been waiting for all my life..., is not among those dat drowned??
you no get hin number lol
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Kalamaya: 5:08am On Jun 07, 2013
A friend that just arrived in europe told me sometime ago that it's better to be a cow in europe than be a human being in Nigeria. I dont know the rationale behind this comment,though i know europe is not an easy place. This is my question, is it easier to survive in Nigeria than in europe?
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 6:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Kalamaya: A friend that just arrived in europe told me sometime ago that it's better to be a cow in europe than be a human being in Nigeria. I dont know the rationale behind this comment,though i know europe is not an easy place. This is my question, is it easier to survive in Nigeria than in europe?
this is my own take on this matter.when we talk about standard of living for the common man we cant dispute that europe and many other western nations are better off than nigeria but when we talk about money and achievement my brother i believe nigeria is the place to be.
the point is u wont know the truth about what i am saying until u get out.that is why many nigerians that have been outside now want to comeback.because u realised that those that u left poor 15 years ago when u travelled have gone far and in most cases are doing very well at home.u on the other hand u are eating hamburger,chicken and living on credit that at the end of a whole year u may not have more than 2k dollars as savings.hile those u left in naija are making that same amount as savings in 4 months.no doubt naija is a tough tough tough terrain but that is where the money is.
i always tell ppl that what i know now if i knew them whil i was in nigeria i woud never have left.
ironicaly what happens to ppl is that the amount of money they saved and spent easily on traveling out of nigeria is most time the same amount of money they labor ,pray and cry for to come back home.
most ppl that visit nigeria in december from abroad always start saving from january for a trip in december.i am not against travelling,it is good but hy should one waste 800k to 1mil on travelling to hustle in europe?i count that as outstanding maddness.but if u are going to study or u already have a job offer that is very good but certainly not to go and wash dishes.we need to start valuing what we have.america will always be there but time will not always be on our side.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2013
I wouldn't have said it better,nice 1 bro
curiouslad: Nigerians really need to understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Peace
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by princetx(m): 8:36am On Jun 07, 2013
domcarez: U morons, she's right because the unemployment rate in spain is on the increase,if u have listened to CNN lately u wil undstnd wat she said and by the way why would nigerians enter the spain thru illegal means....some pple just like to compound their problems anyway goodluck to them i just hope they dont freeze in the middle of the ocean
Why call people morons?
Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by texaco1: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2013
princetx: Why call people morons?
my bro,long years of military rule has turned many nigerians into animals,so u will just have to bear with it here.i dont know why some one will start a statement with an abusive word like slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Drown En-route Spain – Bianca Ojukwu by Kalamaya: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2013
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Apologize For The Civil War / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges / NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.