Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage (12031 Views)

Labour Names Representatives For FG’s Minimum Wage Panel / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by Apexgist(f): 1:26am On Dec 21, 2018
The organised labour has given the Federal Government up to December 31 to send the tripartite committee report on N30,000 minimum wage to the National Assembly following a decision that was taken in Lagos on Thursday at a joint meeting of three labour centres—the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC).

Labour said the ultimatum followed President Buhari’s statement that a “high powered technical committee” would be set up to device ways of ensuring that the implementation of the new wage did not lead to an increase in the level of borrowing.

NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, who addressed newsmen after the meeting, said that setting up a technical committee could not be a condition for passing the minimum wage report to the National Assembly. According to Wabba, the organised labour cannot guarantee industrial peace and harmony in the country if the wage report was not passed for implementation on or before December 31.

“We reject in its entirety the plan to set up another `high powered technical committee’ on the minimum wage. It is diversionary and a delay tactics.

The national minimum wage committee was both technical and all-encompassing in its compositions and plan to set up a technical committee is alien to the tripartite process. It is also alien to the International Labour Organisations’ conventions on national minimum wage setting mechanism,’’ he said.

The labour leader said that issues on payment of minimum wage was a law that was universal, citing that other African countries like, Kenya, Ghana and South Africa had increased their minimum wage this year.

Source and see more here= https://www.naijanewsgist.com

6 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by socialmediaman: 1:27am On Dec 21, 2018
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by chuddyforlife(m): 1:30am On Dec 21, 2018
That 1 concern them there all i know is that buhari must go back to daura comes 2019

#back_to_daura_issa

"PROJECT"

35 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by legendarystar: 4:05am On Dec 21, 2018
K
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by dokyOloye: 4:48am On Dec 21, 2018
Compromised NLC.
Ndi ara

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by MrHighSea: 4:56am On Dec 21, 2018
Its like NLC n ASUU are the only "parastatals" working.

Their "projects" get deadline, Imagine.

8 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 21, 2018
When Jonathan was in power Buhari was running his mouth anyhow now he hv seen that leadership is not moi-moi, although na Buhari good for Nigerians Jonathan want to remove subsidy tinubu hired all the musicians in Nigeria Falana was talking in channels now all of them had grown numb my advice to Buhari don't pay the minimum wage they will still chant sai baba sai baba

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by SmileXtraone: 5:00am On Dec 21, 2018
angry
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by babalonshee(m): 5:10am On Dec 21, 2018
following
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jayson87: 5:19am On Dec 21, 2018
NLC- the toothless bulldogs.

Call any labor action this time ... you are on your own

4 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by ObservantFellow: 5:30am On Dec 21, 2018
jayson87:
NLC- the toothless bulldogs.

Call any labor action this time ... you are on your own

E be like say to trek from Mile 2 reach Apapa dey hungry you undecided

11 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by rOsy247(f): 5:38am On Dec 21, 2018
Good. I thought you were sleeping already unto Nigerian factor
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by Ahmed0336(m): 5:46am On Dec 21, 2018
I don't think NLC are serious.

E be like Dem no want make we begin collect this minimum wage Jan2019 undecided
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jomoh: 5:48am On Dec 21, 2018
Buhari already included it in the 2019 budget so these people should quit the charade and stop playing to the gallery because of election.

It is obvious Atiku has strong holds on all facet of Nigerian government both the pressure groups and the ministries reason for majority of them springing up with different false claims or claims promised by previous government but didn’t fulfill which they didn’t do anything about at the time. If not that they’re being controlled why still making noice when the FG has included it in it budget but keeps quiet with state governors who has bluntly refused to bulge.

They’re all now coming out prior to election

NLC: kept mute when crude oil was selling high but are battling with government managing with very low price.

NLC: keeps mute with state governors who has refused to accept minimum wage but are issuing ultimatum to the FG that has included it in its budget.

ASUU: strike claims has been on ground since since 2007

ASUP: I don’t even know the purpose of their strike

Oil marketers: 800billion subsidy debt since 2013

My believe is that they’re all politically motivated.

An Atiku that could orchestrate the kaduna Miss world violence of 2003 will do anything to frustrate the government.

Atiku that claims Fulani herdsmen killings will continue if PMB is re-elected.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by 989900: 5:50am On Dec 21, 2018
They just have to leverage now . . . "there's no time like the present".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jmaine: 5:55am On Dec 21, 2018
jomoh:
Buhari already included it in the 2019 budget so these people should quit the charade or playing to the gallery because of election.

It is obvious Atiku has strong contacts in all facet of Nigerian government both the pressure groups and the ministries reason for majority of them springing up with different false claims or claims promised by previous government but didn’t fulfill which they didn’t do anything about at the time.

NLC strike kept mute when crude oil was selling high but are battling with government managing with very low price
ASUU strike claims since 2007
ASUP strike

You are not been completely truthful with your first paragraph in bold..

Buhari follow up comments after the comment you referenced indicated that implementation of the minimum wage is subject to the findings of the technical committee saddled with the responsibility of looking for alternate funding instead of borrowing.

A serious FG would have have transmitted the minimum wage act swiftly to the National Assembly to be made law, then people can say the FG will be compelled to obey them when they renege.
Nigerian dont rightly trust government rhetorics until they see substance.
So the NLC is right on this.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jomoh: 6:01am On Dec 21, 2018
jmaine:

You are not been completely truthful with your first paragraph in bold..

Buhari follow up comments after the comment you referenced indicated that implementation of the minimum wage is subject to the findings of the technical committee saddled with the responsibility of looking for alternate funding instead of borrowing.

A serious FG would have have transmitted the minimum wage act swiftly to the National Assembly to be made law, then people can say the FG will be compelled to obey them when they renege.
Nigerian dont rightly trust government rhetorics until they see substance.
So the NLC is right on this.

You claim I’m not being truthful but you didn’t counter my claim that it’s not included. The only thing you said is that they don’t trust the government to implement it.

So what is not true about my statement? Was it included or not? YES IT WAS.

For it to have been included it shows foresight and optimism. So why is the NLC preempting the fact finding committee. If they’re being truthful with their claim and they’re sure the government can really afford it so why preempt the committee. Why blackmail the government with ultimatum.

Same way the attorney general of a country was threatened with striping him off hi SAN-ship and being forced to deny the government he serves.

All these things are not normal my broda.

1 Like

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jmaine: 6:02am On Dec 21, 2018
jomoh:

An Atiku that could orchestrate the kaduna Miss world violence of 2003 will do anything to frustrate the government.

All fabricated stories. The APC Inherited Oil marketers debt was N400 billion and not N800 billion and how did Atiku instigate the 2003 Miss world Protest..? undecided

Did Atiku also instigate the Sharia protest that rocked most Northern states, a cause Buhari actively supported since 2001?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jmaine: 6:06am On Dec 21, 2018
jomoh:

For it to have been included it shire foresight and optimism. So why is the NLC preempting the fact finding committee. If they’re being truthful with their claim and they’re sure the government can really afford it so why preempt the committee. Why blackmail the government with ultimatum.

Same way the attorney general of a country was threatened with striping him off hi SAN-ship.

All these things are not normal my broda.

The Political leadership are known to be very untruthful and dubious especially in an election year. The NLC hasn't seen any proof to show it has been catered for nor have they seen, heard or read any news of the latest Minimum wage bill commuted to the National Assembly to be made an act.
You and I know that the current NLC leadership have shown reasonable understanding with the current FG even to the chagrin of most Nigerians.

The FG need to a lot of convincing to the NLC after they have waited too long to see any tangible movement or action of the submission of the Tripartite committee they were party of.

1 Like

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by OhiOfIhima: 6:09am On Dec 21, 2018
At this point in time, d minimum wages is vr important as all the landlords n landladies in Lagos has already sent their letter of increment ahead of coming yr. The reason for their inordinate behavior was peck on d economic hardship in d country.

For d NLC, pls allow people traveling to their home town to return to their various dwellers before d halt down so that we should not in turn sell our valuable materials to d villagers before we could escape d halt.

2019 must be great, whether devils like it or not.
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by animalscientist(m): 6:11am On Dec 21, 2018
Never in my life will i ever take NLC serious. Bunch of unserious element

1 Like

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jomoh: 6:11am On Dec 21, 2018
jmaine:

All fabricated stories. The APC Inherited Oil marketers debt was N400 billion and not N800 billion and how did Atiku instigate the 2003 Miss world Protest..? undecided

Did Atiku also instigate the Sharia protest that rocked most Northern states, a cause Buhari actively supported since 2001?

My N800billion was fabricated but I’m supposed to believe yours? You’re joking.

Go on my page and see the story as leaked by the almighty WIKILEAKS.

Actively? Lol. Do you even know the meaning of that word.

So what are you saying? That ATIKU cannot sponsor the violence because the north is known for sharia protests or what exactly is ur point cause it doesn’t exonerate him from the WIKILEAKS report.

This is my last reply to you. You’re only replying with emotional sentiments.

1 Like

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by onyxo76(m): 6:22am On Dec 21, 2018
31st woll come and go and nothing will happen ,no be NLC....
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by slawomir: 6:23am On Dec 21, 2018
Isoright
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by MRLANNISTER(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2018
Apexgist:
The organised labour has given the Federal Government up to December 31 to send the tripartite committee report on N30,000 minimum wage to the National Assembly following a decision that was taken in Lagos on Thursday at a joint meeting of three labour centres—the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC).

Labour said the ultimatum followed President Buhari’s statement that a “high powered technical committee” would be set up to device ways of ensuring that the implementation of the new wage did not lead to an increase in the level of borrowing.

NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, who addressed newsmen after the meeting, said that setting up a technical committee could not be a condition for passing the minimum wage report to the National Assembly. According to Wabba, the organised labour cannot guarantee industrial peace and harmony in the country if the wage report was not passed for implementation on or before December 31.

“We reject in its entirety the plan to set up another `high powered technical committee’ on the minimum wage. It is diversionary and a delay tactics.

The national minimum wage committee was both technical and all-encompassing in its compositions and plan to set up a technical committee is alien to the tripartite process. It is also alien to the International Labour Organisations’ conventions on national minimum wage setting mechanism,’’ he said.

The labour leader said that issues on payment of minimum wage was a law that was universal, citing that other African countries like, Kenya, Ghana and South Africa had increased their minimum wage this year.

Source and see more here= https://www.naijanewsgist.com

These Labour leaders were left by the nose and they followed. FOOLS!!
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by jomoh: 6:27am On Dec 21, 2018
jmaine:

The Political leadership are known to be very untruthful and dubious especially in an election year. The NLC hasn't seen any proof to show it has been catered for nor have they seen, heard or read any news of the latest Minimum wage bill commuted to the National Assembly to be made an act.
You and I know that the current NLC leadership have shown reasonable understanding with the current FG even to the chagrin of most Nigerians.

The FG need to a lot of convincing to the NLC after they have waited too long to see any tangible movement or action of the submission of the Tripartite committee they were party of.

My brother the bottom line of all this is the funding. if the NLC like they should jump and die, it will only remain a pipe dream if there’s no fund to finance it.

You said they’ve shown “reasonable understanding to the FG”? By this I believe you mean the previous FG that sold crude oil for an average of $100/barrel consistently for 6years. If they are considerate and reasonable, they won’t be hounding a government earning less than half($50 average) of what the previous government earned with minimum wage.

The facts are out there for anyone truthful enough to see.

1 Like

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by Firstandonly(m): 6:28am On Dec 21, 2018
jomoh:
Buhari already included it in the 2019 budget so these people should quit the charade and stop playing to the gallery because of election.

It is obvious Atiku has strong holds on all facet of Nigerian government both the pressure groups and the ministries reason for majority of them springing up with different false claims or claims promised by previous government but didn’t fulfill which they didn’t do anything about at the time. If not that they’re being controlled why still making noice when the FG has included it in it budget but keeps quiet with state governors who has bluntly refused to bulge.

NLC: kept mute when crude oil was selling high but are battling with government managing with very low price.

NLC: keeps mute with state governors who has refused to accept minimum wage but are issuing ultimatum to the FG that has included it in its budget.

ASUU: strike claims has been on ground since since 2007

ASUP: I don’t even know the purpose of their strike

if he has included it in 2019 budget why is the federal government now setting up a technical committee?

3 Likes

Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by Firstandonly(m): 6:35am On Dec 21, 2018
jomoh:

My brother the bottom line of all this is the funding. if the NLC like they should jump and die, it will only remain a pipe dream if there’s no fund to finance it.

You said they’ve shown “reasonable understanding to the FG”? By this I believe you mean the previous FG that sold crude oil for an average of $100/barrel consistently for 6years. If they are considerate and reasonable, they won’t be hounding a government earning less than half($50 average) of what the previous government earned with minimum wage.

The facts are out there for anyone truthful enough to see.
reducing the minimum wage from 56k to 30k is enough reasonable understanding.
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2018
These NLC guys are just so daft
Re: NLC Issues December 31 Deadline To Fg-minimum Wage by duduade: 6:47am On Dec 21, 2018
Please make una sharrrappppp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: "Presidency Moves To Appease Labour" - This Day / Buhari, Fifth On List Of Presidents To Address 74th UNGA — Onyeama / Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.