|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,371,072 members, 5,276,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 04:11 PM
|Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by dimco(m): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2013|
A relationship may be described as a close romantic friendship between two people usually of the opposite sex. A time comes in one's life when one needs a special person that will show him or her special attention, love and care; someone that they can confide in through thick and thin; a soul mate, a lover and a friend. To some people, relationship is like gambling; you either lose or win depending on the players of the game. Some relationships are more or less like living in bondage because those involved are imprisoned in their partner's world where their own happiness is at the mercy of sadness, pains and sorrows. It's quite a pitiable condition. Most people have the wrong notion that a relationship can’t exist without sex. That is a blatant lie geared towards deceiving gullible and naive ones into believing that it is a truth to the advantage of the 'predator'. The truth still remains that sex is sacred and worth waiting for. Pre-marital sex is strongly discouraged among single youths. Sex is designed for only married couples and best enjoyed in marriage. The primary ingredients that embellish every relationship are love, trust and understanding. Whenever they are lacking, then the relationship becomes shaky or even crumbles.
There are some noteworthy tips that can keep the engine of your relationship lubricated. I'll highlight a few
1. Effective and perpetual communication is an indispensable tool for sharpening any relationship. Hardly can any relationship survive without this basic tool. This is the lubricant of the wheels of any relationship.
2. Never compare your partner with your ex-partner/partners in terms of beauty, finance, sexuality, intelligence, achievements etc as this might stir up a break-up.
3. Build your relationship on trust. Trust is usually built over time. If you can’t trust your partner, then quit the relationship on friendly terms because it is likely to fail.
4. Always compliment him/her as often as possible. Tell him/her how good they look, how lucky you are to have them, how special they are etc.
5. Be honest to your partner at all times. Tell him or her the truth even when you might have committed a wrong. He/she will always forgive you provided you desist from going back to your vomit. Honesty is very vital in every relationship. It helps to build trust.
6. Always lend a listening ear to your partner when it comes to discussions, decision making etc. Two good heads are better than one. As for the men, don’t be chauvinistic.
7. Arguments and criticisms should always be constructive. Disagree to always agree for peace to reign. Don’t use disagreements as a show of prowess, wits, maturity etc. Settle your disputes/disagreements as early as possible. Don’t involve a third party unless if inevitably necessary. A third party if involved must be someone mature, unbiased in judgement and well grounded in relationship matters.
8. Always make out time to spend quality time together once in a while. Make the most out of your vacations, leave and holidays. Cinemas, hotels, comedy and music shows, resorts, tours etc are good options for relaxation and fun.
9. Learn to commend and build each other's strengths while tolerating and working on the weaknesses. Nobody is perfect.
10. A relationship must not be lopsided i.e one partner bearing the cross more. It is a two-way thing. Hardwork from both parties involved is required to make it work.
11. Compatibility is also imperative in any relationship. Your spouse/partner must be one who shares in your dreams, career, hobbies, religion, beliefs etc else conflicts may always find its way in and that is detrimental to a healthy relationship.
12. Every relationship must be defined from the outset. The big question to be answered is, To what end is this relationship? Where is this 'ship' really heading to? A relationship without definition is like a ship sailing without direction. The terms of the relationship must be defined else it might end up as sheer waste of time, energy and money.
13. Be fidel to your partner. It pays no good to cheat on him or her or to double-date. Most people find it hard to stick to one partner as they lead a promiscuous life. Please, repent if you are guilty of this. HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases are real. Besides, you should have scruple/conscience.
14. Sexual satisfaction is of paramount importance in any marital relationship. Learn and experiment new sex styles that can stimulate both of you to reach orgasms. Don't be selfish when it comes to lovemaking. Know his or her erogenous zones so that pre-intimacy will make more sense. Don't ever use sex as your bargaining power else you may lose out in the long run and endanger your relationship.
15. Guard your relationship jealously. Don’t feel he or she can’t exist without you and then put up nonchalant attitude towards your relationship.
16. Commit your relationship into constant prayers. Remember, the spiritual controls the physical. God should be the author of your relationship else it fails. When God endorses a relationSHIP, it will never sink. So whenever you run into problems in your relationship, take it to God in prayer.
17. Every relationship demands sacrifice at one time or the other. The level of sacrifice you put into your relationship determines how well it will be. Be concerned about what you will offer and not what you will gain from the relationship.
From the foregoing, I have tried to provide useful tips that can enhance a lovely relationship. Remember, there is no such thing as a perfect relationship. You have to sacrifice your energy, time, money etc to work it to near- perfection. This piece is an open-ended one open to your constructive criticisms, opinions and suggestions. Wishing you a blissful relationship.
|Re: Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by obi4eze: 7:26am On Jun 07, 2013|
I like the part where you talked about compatibility.
|Re: Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by buklan4realyah(f): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2013|
food for thought. good one.
|Re: Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by Princesszoe: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2013|
This is good, holy, godly, unbiased, unselfish and true advise for people who are planning to match down the aisle.
|Re: Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by Iseleowei(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2013|
Relationship is like a course, u must read every day to learn more, i have learnt.
|Re: Relationship Nuggets For The Wise by dimco(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62