Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended (17159 Views)

My First Job After Service Year / 3 Corps Members In Taraba to repeat Service Year For Misconduct / NYSC To Be Extended To 2 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Haryoryhemie(f): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2013
angel TI: I stil dont get d 'good' of NYSC. It should be scrappd jare

Have U̶̲̥̅̊ ever served b4?................. Jst thinking!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by pappythinko(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2013
Let them serve their punishment since they could not serve their country under the sun and rain.. Were they better citizens than those corps members who served wholeheartedly, even in the volatile states of the country?? I served my country in Kwami, Gombe state last year, and joyfully i will be willing to do that again. This isn't abt the pay(they paid less than 1k) buh about the joy of touching lives n brains wt the little nous in one's possession.

1 Like

Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by fuckluv(f): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Double wahala
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by tmontee: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2013
Banjoramos:
shut your moronic drawing this ur comment is equivalent to a person who kill more than 1million ppl if u dnt knw wat to say why dnt u shut up and ppl like u are talkin abt to have a gud leader bt u forgt dat charity begins at home

uniqueval:

Mr. Charity Begins At Home, the guy was just expressing his views. The last time I checked, it wasn't a crime. So mind the way you address people publicly. Being cool headed is a quality of a 'GUD LEADER'

Did he tell you he was a 'GUD LEADER' ?
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by leonshom(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Service is mandatory in Nigeria, incase u dnt knw !
Afam4eva: These people act as if these corpers are doing community service for a crime they committed. They're serving their country and it's not by force to serve one's country. It's a matter of choice.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Arrosoft: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Banjoramos: shut your moronic drawing this ur comment is equivalent to a person who kill more than 1million ppl if u dnt knw wat to say why dnt u shut up and ppl like u are talkin abt to have a gud leader bt u forgt dat charity begins at home

Dnt take it personal pls. Just passing
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2013
na thief wey dem catch be thief
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Waladade4luv(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Uceegal: For those whose service year is extended,would they still be paid allowee? If yes,then it makes much sense. Better to be receiving allowee than to be unemployed.

no alawi for them oh... if u miss a mnt dia wont b alawi for u for dt month and u will serve two month extra... they will now devide dt money they kept for u into two for the twi extra month u are to serve
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by GenOrumov: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: These people act as if these corpers are doing community service for a crime they committed. They're serving their country and it's not by force to serve one's country. It's a matter of choice.
They weren't forcefully called up. It was their choice. If they knew from the onset they weren't going to be available for the programme, they could have applied to be exempted and they will still have received their discharge certificate.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by mcorazon(f): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
booqee: na wa o. Not serving the country is now a punishable offence?!!
Wen dey were taking d alawi,didnt dey remember dat notin is free?
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by kfree: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
Som pepl feel say NYSC na flexing...ok naa, dem de dia de follow girls..OBOY anytin were person need du,mak em du am well..coz reward de OO
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Vincent41(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Uceegal: For those whose service year is extended,would they still be paid allowee? If yes,then it makes much sense. Better to be receiving allowee than to be unemployed.

de Present Corps Members on redeployment are not paid talk more of those on extension....hmmmm..ur dream will never come true
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by HAH: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
For those that don't know once you have done the three weeks camp your discharge certificate will be produce. I learnt this from an NYSC staff.

Now a friend of mine who had his camp in enugu in the late nineties left after camp abroad for masters and other hustles, so his service was extended by three months but he refused to serve the punishment by the time he came back in 2003 to work here in naija all he did was to give 20k to a mobilisation staff at the Hq and his certificate was given to him without any indication of extension.

Same thing happened to a friends wife and also to demeji Bankole who all left after camp abroad and their certificate was given to them.

The moral of this tale is that only the poor suffers this their punishment.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by kaboninc(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2013

Just as it is a choice to comment. If you don't want to serve, write to them and they will act accordingly.

Sometimes we just don't know the consequences of the choices we choose.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by clems88(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hahaha. there sufferg really continues, nxt time they no go flex
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by poundsgeh(f): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
so y did dey get demselves mobilised in d first place.... sure they received d first allowee at camp.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Jarus(m): 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
No big deal. I also served extension for writing article critical of governor of teh state I was serving.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by kaboninc(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Vincent 4:

de Present Corps Members on redeployment are not paid talk more of those on extension....hmmmm..ur dream will never come true

They have not been paid
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by ucheezeigbo(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
I agree with those insisting on their rights. When did service to ones country become mandatory. Even if they are paying the corpers, SO WHAT? And how much is the money sef. Many young people have lost their self worth because of the poor value on human life in this part of the world. Imagine that in just three states, up to 19 corpers lost their lives and nobody is asking what is the compensation. What they are intersted in is the 'CULPRITS' and 'ABSCONDERS' who made away with N20,000 for one month or two without attending primary assignment. N.B. They are supposed to submit a clearance letter each month before the next 'allowee', if they have paid for the whole year that is their own oversight.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by tallfish145(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Serves them right.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by enioluwaselore: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
ucheezeigbo: I agree with those insisting on their rights. When did service to ones country become mandatory. Even if they are paying the corpers, SO WHAT? And how much is the money sef. Many young people have lost their self worth because of the poor value on human life in this part of the world. Imagine that in just three states, up to 19 corpers lost their lives and nobody is asking what is the compensation. What they are intersted in is the 'CULPRITS' and 'ABSCONDERS' who made away with N20,000 for one month or two without attending primary assignment. N.B. They are supposed to submit a clearance letter each month before the next 'allowee', if they have paid for the. whole year that is their own oversight.

Hello sir, the nysc act is a law, which means it is mandatory,if supposed graduates cannot honor the terms and condition of service how long before they get out there and start breaking laws, pple like those are the ones that give graduates a bad, don't say yes wen u mean to say no!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by searay(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Adex097: * I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be
faithful, loyal and honest. TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE, to defend her unity,
uphold her honour and glory, so help me
God *
Common National pledge you no fit recite.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by aieromon(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Scapegoats. . . . .
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Sunnycliff(m): 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2013

Have u served before? If NYSC is to be by choice, what will b the fate of the scheme? Well, if you dont serve, forget the Discharge Certificate, jobs and political career in this nation.
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2013

NO.
Its depends on d state coordinator's recommendations.
Most of them will be paid half of the federal allowance, while some will not be paid at all!
Most of them will be re-posted to other states while some will remain in d state they served but their PPA will be at a remote village under strict supervision of NYSC!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Merlissa(f): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2013

Extention is WITHOUT pay o!!!!!
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by Temisan220(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Let say the truth, when this corpers became our leader tomorrow what they will do?
Re: Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended by angelTI(f): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2013
Haryoryhemie:

Have U̶̲̥̅̊ ever served b4?................. Jst thinking!

u were still battling wit ur JSCE wen I served!
#ekitiCopa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander, Frank Umeadi Won The 2M NYSC Business Plan Competition(photos) / No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.