Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50484 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Gombs(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
Didn't save nada.
Gave all..well 80% of it all to God...and I feel safe always, troubles are never close by to me or my family n money n wot money can buy don't elude me

Congrats to all dose who saved tho!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by segiwest(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
I won't want to call mine savings kinda cos I was relocated from Jigawa to osun afta 6 months, held my allowee for 5 months (non payment of 2 months before relocating finally). When I got paid, I was the only one among my friends that was paid (relocated). I just borrowed my friends a total of #110k. They haven't been paid till now but hoping soonest.
State allowee owed sef join oooo plus the final 2 months paid. The total sha na #130k go remain when they start paying back.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Gombs(m): 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Damsel Queen: I served in 2008 the allowee then was just #9,700. well i was able to save 120k.

Except say you do side runs or had a business or something..but definitely not nysc cash

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by cycline404(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
ujchief:

I was already working before I went for service. I worked my service to a convenient PPA and made proper arrangements to ghost it and returned to my work. It wasn't that easy, but it worked quite alright.

Please how can i ghost my service?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by isoboyea(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well the service year ws fun,i tried saving and bought a mazda xedos 6 during the servc yr....bt it wsnt easy oooh!!
ngorluv: if u ar posted to the interior/villages/rural areas u should be able to save enough because u will av free food( from the community and caring neighbours,most times from their farms),free house-helps and free accomodation and u can easily get permission from ur employer to travel.the village ppl sef go dey respect and treat u like a VIP.even sef,for those dat like chics,u will get free PUNANNIES at no cost......But most of u make the mistakes of going to d extent of bribing in order to get posted to cities where u pay expensively for accomodation,high cost of transportation,no regards from residents,chics sef go dey form for u.
Well the service year ws fun,i tried saving and bought a mazda xedos 6 during the servc yr....bt it wsnt easy oooh!!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
I finished my NYSC thg last year Oct. I saved over 6 months allawe.

Savings therefore is relative to so many factors like, once style of living, the Environment, Money Management ability etc.

I served in Lafia, Nasarawa State. State Govt paid 4k, the PPA provided us an accommodation, my Director do 'see' us @ least, once in a month, festive periods 'dash-out thg included, food items was relatively not high, ...di s NIM etc.

.......but if you don't have any other source of income, one may like not saved much. Some that lived a luxury life didn't border to save much though.

Above all, I was doing sport betting thgs then, I solely lived on the proceeds. The best way to save is to have a 'working money making Plan' kopa' life is kinda xpensive, by the tym u pay for BIS, Internet Connection, Air Time bills, NCCF commitment n dues, eat Suya, watch Football Matches, etc, whalahi, moni don 'pahin'
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
samnazarit: I finished my NYSC thg last year Oct. I saved over 6 months allawe.

Savings therefore is relative to so many factors like, once style of living, the Environment, Money Management ability etc.

I served in Lafia, Nasarawa State. State Govt paid 4k, the PPA provided us an accommodation, my Director do 'see' us @ least, once in a month, festive periods 'dash-out thg included, food items was relatively not high, ...di s NIM etc.

.......but if you don't have any other source of income, one may like not saved much. Some that lived a luxury life didn't border to save much though.

Above all, I was doing sport betting thgs then, I solely lived on the proceeds. The best way to save is to have a 'working money making Plan' kopa' life is kinda xpensive, by the tym u pay for BIS, Internet Connection, Air Time bills, NCCF commitment n dues, eat Suya, watch Football Matches, etc, whalahi, moni don 'pahin'

Do you mean 4k as in four thousand Naira or did you mean to put a figure before or after the 4
4 K weekly or monthly ??

Sorry folks,I dodged NYSC way back then grin grin grin
Is that what they pay you folks?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by eaglek: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
I completed my NYSC in 2006. I had saved up about 45K. Got back to Lagos and added some money to make it 54K with which I purchased Intercontinental Bank shares being sold on Public Offer then. The shares I eventual yielded 178k by February, 2008 when I sold same.

Sadly though, I reinvested the whole money in purchasing Insurance penny stock, which started nosediving shortly. Today, the investment is worth less than 30k! I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles!

Thats my NYSC story folks!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Jalal(m): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
chygoz3: Wow i'm impressed. Especially with how well you write.

I'm impressed that you are impressed with how well he writes too! That makes twice of us!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
ujchief: N19,800 x 11 = N217,800.
That's what I saved. Except the first allowee that was paid at camp, I didn't go to bank once to touch that NYSC account. Well, it was easy for me b'cos I had somewhere I was doing a secondary assignment cheesycheesy so it will be wrong to measure other corpers savings with mine.

As for my plans for the cash, I've already paid N50k for NISP safety professional course (levels 2 and 3) starting on monday thru friday at ph. After this, I will still find other professional courses to enroll with the cash, and maybe pick my Msc form with it.

Trying to empower myself with the cash so when I remember my service year, I wouldn't say it was a waste.

Where's NISP office and where are you taking the safety courses in PH? My lil cousin just passed out from service and i wanna pay for the safety class for him rather than the guy wasting in ph, pursuing girls dat won't add value to his life.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by tiwasiaife(m): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
I served in akwa ibom in 2010/2011 batch b i was paid 9775 as fed allowee and my ppa was l.g council and i was been paid 4k evry month. Bt i managed to save 230k. Thou i was the c.l.o I used 25k to register,wrote and passed ismn exam during that period if nt it could hv be 255k.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by tutaboi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
who is talking about saves ..........i even borrowed money from a friend to com back

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by frankobaba(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Intresting topic...

During my service year, i saved N275,000 which i used to upgrade my ICT knowledge bank (ORACLE 11g, Ethical Hacking, Etc) and also saved an extra N73,000 which i used to acquire an HP Compac Preisario Laptop...plus the extra N40,000 which President Jonna blessed us with due to the backlog of cash we were owed...
Moreover, i served during the time of the 2010 / 2011 General elections in IMO State...i guess u can guess the rest...if u cant, ask OHAKIM AND ROCHAS smiley
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chimeluv(f): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
I was able to save about a 110,000k was able to do that cos i was given allowance at my ppa and i had free accomodation, bed,electric stove, constant light and water so i didnt spend much and i was able to save.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by sanandreas(m): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Lol
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
luvola: assumed i didnt buy a laptop from a friend costing 30k , i ought to have had 120k but currently having 90k as at this minute... Only depend on my 19,800 since ogun state didn't pay us any state allowance.served in akute area of ogun state .
Tescom paid d batch B outgoing corpers in ogun,probably u didnt register there or served in a private sch
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Princeofilorin(m): 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Can't say I saved anything. Lived lyk a king. Me n my friends rented a four bedroom apartment. I was into biz b4 nysc so was always investing it not saving

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Do you mean 4k as in four thousand Naira or did you mean to put a figure before or after the 4
4 K weekly or monthly ??

Sorry folks,I dodged NYSC way back then grin grin grin
Is that what they pay you folks?

State Govt allowance was #4,000.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
samnazarit:

State Govt allowance was #4,000.

Ok

Thanks
And how much does the FG pay?

So there are two salaries,from state and federal?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chimeluv: I was able to save about a 110,000k was able to do that cos i was given allowance at my ppa and i had free accomodation, bed,electric stove, constant light and water so i didnt spend much and i was able to save.
where did u serve pls?? I like dat kain ppa?? Tomorrow or next tomorrow will determine my faith. Chai
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Siraleeyu(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Am a prospective corper.....I also hv a target of saving almost all my alawee, both federal and state,which I calculated will reach about 250k.....because I want to work my posting to niger state and also a very close ppa near my cousin's crib, which if successful work out as I planed it will really help me a lot.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
babyosisi:

Ok

Thanks
And how much does the FG pay?

So there are two salaries,from state and federal?
u don't live in nigeria or what?? The FG allowance is #19,800. The state allowance varies according to the state you're serving.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nonywendy(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
sigba:
Hahaha. Thank God you no chop kobnomi, lol, u for still dey serve there. You re right about the cost of living in Cally, it's very high.

i still dey dia oo. My rent neva expire. I cnt leave d rent i paid comot
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nonywendy(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
jahlove4jah:

cross kopa

confirm
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Carsonv(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well truth is saving is hard when you don't have a secondary source of income. I have a friend, she hasn't touched her alawi account cos popsy is always bucksing her up on a weekly basis. And she's living the good life...so no need to touch alawi.

I served in Cali with a ppa that paid me 30k. I didn't save per se. But I used the money to get things I needed, bought a laptop, got an int'l passport, got my transcript and other stuff I can't mention here. At the end sha I still came out with 100 grand.

Its not really in the saving but in actually using the saved money for something tangible. So if you're using your alawi for something worthwhile, fret not that you have no savings...you're actually better off to those that save to later go buy BB Q10 and iPhone 5 and a tab with it!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
tuta boi: who is talking about saves ..........i even borrowed money from a friend to com back
lol did your money grow wings and fly away...... Just asking
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by jenlucas(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
my service was fun, during my service year ‎​i made my first million naira, did some extra job that paid really well nd was very generous during my service contributing heavily for Τђѯ building of Τђѯ chaplain in camp nd Τђѯ blessing of it ‎​i still reap, was batch 12A finish Feb 14th dis year.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
booqee: u don't live in nigeria or what?? The FG allowance is #19,800. The state allowance varies according to the state you're serving.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by mastroesco(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Wasssup sigba love. Me no say much ooo. Am happy sha I left with the last 2months alawi intact. And taraba state come pay ur 30k for March, April, May. Tho I flex my self die. NYSC isn't don twice.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nonywendy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
obinoral: lol did your money grow wings and fly away...... Just asking

help me ask him oo
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Isiterere(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
I can really say I save a penny because aside the last 2month (double combo alawii-May/June ) nothing dey my account except d 39600+800 bicycle allowance(40,400) because I intend not touching my state alawii but unfortunately Ogbeni Aregbesola has not deem it fit to pay me my hard earned 60k(12month). Thanks God I did invest some in myself by always took good food, Above all I learn web design....

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Dankarara(m): 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
I have nt touched my allowee for abt seven months now. I have been surviving on my ppa allowance. I intend to invest d money in a business i set up while waiting for my posting letter, cos job no easy dis days oooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.