Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,260 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50503 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mehn, I over enjoyed my service year. Made cool cash and flexed wella. I was posted to Lagos and to a Primary healthcare centre which was paying me 40k, plus the 19,800 allowee. And ofcourse I had a secondary assignment (Private practice) where I made more than 50k monthly. I ended up saving about 700k. I would have saved more but had to help a lot of peeps.

Many people didn't believe I was a corper until they saw me on my CDS days. I owe it all to God though.

By the way, if u are a Doctor/Pharmacist/Nurse looking for where to serve in Lagos, please find your way to the nearest Primary healthcare centre. U get a fair pay and have ample time for "PP" wink Run far away from General and Teaching hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by mkoabiola: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
I gave all to my fiancee.
Now ex.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by dasparrow: 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
mko abiola: I gave all to my fiancee.
Now ex.

LOL, sorry to hear that.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chimeluv(f): 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
booqee: where did u serve pls?? I like dat kain ppa?? Tomorrow or next tomorrow will determine my faith. Chai
I served in the north Gombe state and there was no security threat there.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
with monthly budget that include abt 60 bottles of 33@ 25naira/bottle, 12 packs of white london @ 50 naira per pack, free ganja as a corp member and food from female corp member that are despirately searching. I was able to save 10k for transportation and welcome home party. *mind you I got job 15 days to my pop.......to God be the glory ebano*

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ice234: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
As a corper I never for one day touched my alawe, probably because I was working and my salary was suffient for me.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
tallfish145: Saving money depends on where u served!
wat a pity talfish abj did nt favour u @ al,bt jus try nd save somtin. Onugo
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by tallfish145(m): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
How can I save money in abuja when actually I spent 500h on transport everyday to my ppa?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by tallfish145(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
How can I save money in abuja when actually I spends 500h on transport everyday to my ppa?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
ujchief:

I was already working before I went for service. I worked my service to a convenient PPA and made proper arrangements to ghost it and returned to my work. It wasn't that easy, but it worked quite alright.

And you didn't settle anybody out of yur allowee to ghost it?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nyc thread, I'm currently serving in ekiti, I've already bought a tablet, and I wanna replace my laptop with a $800 asus, and I wanna learn professional web design and hackin. Pls this is my email- jimohusuf@gmail.com
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by demmy55(m): 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
ice234: As a corper I never for one day touched my alawe, probably because I was working and my salary was suffient for me.

Were you one of those ghost corpers? undecided
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by freelinks: 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Service year was not easy. Served in Umuahia. After I was forcefully removed from my PPA owing to political reasons, I was left hanging. Worked as a bicycle boy, a driver,teacher, and distributor. I was finally able to save 320k. Now am the boss of myself and I have started earning just 4 days after POP.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
ayobase: Income

Allowee (total): N236,400

Expenses

-Tithe: N23,640
-Investment(partnership):N15,000
-Laptop, Charger and gadgets fixing: N40,000
-Fuel: N15,000
-Transportation: N30,000
-Give out: N25,000
-BIS and recharge cards: N30,000
-Provisions, foods and the likes: N55,000
-Hair Cut: N5,000
-Pure Water: N10,000
-Kulikuli and Tiger nut*: N3,000

I just estimated those, some are more than what I calculated!

I never mention stationery, CDS money matter, clothing, 'flexing', gadgets, ijekuje and the likes o.

Remember that we were on a contract of about N250,000 with the FG for one year.

Can you tell me how much u spent within a year while in School?

God forbids poverty mentality!

My motto is "always live a day at a time, and never worry (fear) about tomorrow"

Congrats to those that saved while serving.....environments matter though.

Nothwithstanding, I would have saved about N100,000 if I wasn't using Laptop, gadgets, phone and generator.

Even, would have saved more if I wasn't eating much, and not being too classy!

And what about if I didn't like giving my money out in terms of help.

I could go on and on, but the question remains, did u spend ur money wisely?

Money is meant to solve problems, if u saved without solving the problems, then you are gonna use the 'saved' to solve later....SIMPLE!

I LOVE COMFORTABILITY!

And which among d listed is a problem solved?..ppl are saving money to enrol for cv enhancing courses you r dere donating money for mtn & oando saying you r solving problems...you r eating your seed and I hope you won't eat your nails 2morow... Every1 loves comfort but it comes with a sacrifice.. Delayed gratification isn't denial bro..my thoughts o!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jalal:

I'm impressed that you are impressed with how well he writes too! That makes twice of us!!!
Thanks, I'm honoured.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
konvict0111: Well, i was able to put away N120,000 in savings. Knowing fully well my temperament to matters of the nature under review, i projected before my service year had started effectively that this will not be possible, unless i indulged in some form of disciplined savings. To ensure that this goal was accomplished, i took out an insurance policy contract which i serviced with a monthly premium of 10k, all year round. Looking back now, i must admit this was by no means an easy exercise. I know a friend who took a similar measure, but was unable to follow through till the end. I believe that tells the story, completely. Although, i must mention that in my own case, i still got 5k from my ppa on a monthly basis; plus, i was a facilitator with pmpi - having impressed in the certification exams scoring 170 points out of a possible 200. This position meant that i travelled on any weekend when i was on schedule to lecture our trainees in parts of ondo, osun and ekiti state. I am hoping that when my mutuals mature by the end of the month and i get paid, part of the sum will go for a new tecno n3, a fairly used blackberry bold2 and a cheap hp laptop, for my use. Whatever is left of the sum, 40-50k as i project, will be helpful for welfare sustenance, till i am able to tie down a well paying job. And, hopefully that period will not tarry beyond the period my budget balance could take!

I won't be surprised if you become successful!!! You sure know where yur going.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Now ex.
what a pity.. He must be callous? cry
Now ex.
what a pity.. He must be callous?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Thedetox: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
I served in the village,so i was able to save 200k
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by kayce19: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Gombs: Didn't save nada.
Gave all..well 80% of it all to God...and I feel safe always, troubles are never close by to me or my family n money n wot money can buy don't elude me

Congrats to all dose who saved tho!
U can say that again when u are a diamondbank hopeful. God really bless u and I envy u bro. By the way I tried too but wasn't ivite for the test. We passed out together on June 6
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ayobase(m): 11:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
lawizle:

And which among d listed is a problem solved?..ppl are saving money to enrol for cv enhancing courses you r dere donating money for mtn & oando saying you r solving problems...you r eating your seed and I hope you won't eat your nails 2morow... Every1 loves comfort but it comes with a sacrifice.. Delayed gratification isn't denial bro..my thoughts o!!!

My friend, there is different between NEEDS and WANTS!

Get urs straight...those are very important to me.....and don't come here giving me that "good and focused student" attitude!

Smh!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
lanruz: Dis thread reminds me of a dude we served togeda.d guy saved thru his nose! Drank "hard water" frm one old borehole instead of buying pure water,cooked wiv fire wood,refused to pay wen we corpers agreed to host d new batch for a few days b4 settling down.d list is endless.y do u av to mak life difficult in order to save? Nysc cash is basically for upkeep so dat u don't die while serving

Lwkmd!!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
ayobase:

My friend, there is different between NEEDS and WANTS!

Get urs straight...those are very important to me.....and don't come here giving me that "good and focused student" attitude!

Smh!

A fine choice den! All d best.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lawizle(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2013
bettymafy: Mehn, I over enjoyed my service year. Made cool cash and flexed wella. I was posted to Lagos and to a Primary healthcare centre which was paying me 40k, plus the 19,800 allowee. And ofcourse I had a secondary assignment (Private practice) where I made more than 50k monthly. I ended up saving about 700k. I would have saved more but had to help a lot of peeps.

Many people didn't believe I was a corper until they saw me on my CDS days. I owe it all to God though.

By the way, if u are a Doctor/Pharmacist/Nurse looking for where to serve in Lagos, please find your way to the nearest Primary healthcare centre. U get a fair pay and have ample time for "PP" wink Run far away from General and Teaching hospitals.

But my friend serving in lagos complains d@ money no dey lag..I knew he was lying. But y dint you work it to ondo or osun where doctors r paid 98k by state govt..and also affordable cost of living,cos d@z waz I intend doing...yur advice would be appreciated tho..
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by beau49: 1:36am On Jun 18, 2013
M a prospective b13 corper n m hoping 2 write my ICAN professional exam during my service year,any idea hw much it wud cost me?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 18, 2013
lawizle:

I won't be surprised if you become successful!!! You sure know where yur going.
Many thanks! I wish u d best, as well.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 18, 2013
beau49: M a prospective b13 corper n m hoping 2 write my ICAN professional exam during my service year,any idea hw much it wud cost me?
I will base this response upon several assumptions that u are a graduate of accounting, your institution is accredited by ICAN, and therefore, u will be starting the exam from PE1 stage. If these assumptions are correct then, consider saving up to around 98k-107k, approximately for that first stage. If u find ur way through at one sitting then, pe2 is next on the cards. Fortunately, it doesn't cost as much as the first stage. I hope u will find d courage to carry this dream through to its logical end. To our success!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ezegozie(m): 6:46am On Jun 18, 2013
sigba: I was with a friend yestrday and she was calculating her savings, she had a total of 288000, she was sad, she said she had a target of 400kshocked. Lol.

did you bother to ask her where the money came from? because definitely not from NYSC

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2013
lawizle:

But my friend serving in lagos complains d@ money no dey lag..I knew he was lying. But y dint you work it to ondo or osun where doctors r paid 98k by state govt..and also affordable cost of living,cos d@z waz I intend doing...yur advice would be appreciated tho..

Lagos as a state does not pay Doctors well compared to other states. Usually between 35-55k, so your friend might not be lying.

But if u must serve in Lag as a Doc, then make sure u avoid "Big" hospitals. Small hospitals pay almost same thing as the so called big ones but give u the time for "PP" to make up for the inadequate pay. There are some PPs that will pay u above 100K. It all depends on your work schedule. Mine paid 50k cos I was working just two times a week. A friend wasa earning about 170k at his pp cos he worked everyday and did 48hr call on weekends. His primary assignment was at a healthcentre where he was also paid 40k.

PS, I had other "non financial" reasons for choosing Lagos. If it was strictly financial, trust me, I won't be caught dead in Lagos.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by kobenol(m): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2013
I served in a countryside town in Ekiti. I frequent Ibadan well...so much I didnt have a budget for food...all from house naa.
I got a Dell laptop @83k
Samsung android phone @30k
Terminal allowee in a/c 52k.
All these...I quite flexed too though...Me and my guys enter "BennyRose parlour" steady...501 sef dey dey house steady grin grin
...I didnt set out to save enormously though, I basically "used my head"...intel
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by jiboaf(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

Do you mean 4k as in four thousand Naira or did you mean to put a figure before or after the 4
4 K weekly or monthly ??

Sorry folks,I dodged NYSC way back then grin grin grin
Is that what they pay you folks?

4k by jagawa is even better compares to kwara state that pay nothing and no ppa (LNRB) allowee too, as a result saving out of the fed allowee is difficult. Though I'm still proud of something after the service year... Journey into the future dear>
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 18, 2013
chidyhels: Nice thread. But y is everybody buying bb with the savings?
Why leave cash domant when u can invest and get x2 of it by the end of the yr?

As for me, saving is far frm me,i spend 200# to my ppa everyday,registered for some professional course that will make me pay throughout the service year. The rest i give to God,who i knw will never let me down.
hmmm I see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.