Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? (3530 Views)

I Hate Tinubu / Yorubas hate tinubu/obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by joeyfire(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
I don't know why these A.CN people love to use igbo and tribalism as a rallying point for their party.

Anybody who says igbos hate tinubu more than yorubas do is either downright mischievous or terribly ignorant. There are plenty of yorubas (especially indigenous lagosians) I know who can't stand the man. Unfortunately their voices are in the minority and they get shouted down as PDP agents who want to destroy yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by nuclearboy(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

This stupid lies again? The land belongs to Federal Government - not yoruba! If you think you have say who comes or stay on 'your' land. You are on a very very long thing! Do you hear what is happening to your so-called Northners, start the boko stuff of shit in 'your' land and let's see how that works for you. I wonders where some of the bigoted children crawl out from. Your land indeed!

I avoid tribalism threads but this comment is amazing coming from you.

[size=14pt]So, Yoruba lands belongs to the Federal Government BUT South-South Land (and oil) belongs to Dokubo and his ilk?[/size] I guess SE lands and Northern Lands also belong to the FG making it just Dokubo and Tompolo that own theirs, right?

NL never ceases to amuse!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by whitecat007: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
simply because southeasterners hate anything that is not theirs

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by whitecat007: 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
It's only in ibo region ill gotten money is celebrated, so I really don't get your point

PointB:

Support your assertion with a popular name, and tell the world how such person has been glamourised as some yorubas shameless glamorizes Tinubu?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
joeyfire: I don't know why these A.CN people love to use igbo and tribalism as a rallying point for their party.

Anybody who says igbos hate tinubu more than yorubas do is either downright mischievous or terribly ignorant. There are plenty of yorubas (especially indigenous lagosians) I know who can't stand the man. Unfortunately their voices are in the minority and they get shouted down as PDP agents who want to destroy yorubaland..

From the bolded, you seem to agree that Yorubas who hate Tinubu are in the minority. So my question still stands:
Why do Ibos hate Tinubu more than those his actions affect??
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by whitecat007: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Below is not what you find in the southestern part of Nigeria, opposite is what you are known for haha! Even a new born baby will point to your peeps as the greedy bastards of Nigeria if asked.

PointB:

Decent, hardworking, independent minded people find it very difficult to rally around thieves. We have no regrets!
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by owobokiri(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tinubu is corrupt. He is an inept administrator. He is leading the SW into an unholy alliance with the out of control fulani ..., the ultimate goal being to loot the resources of the rest of the south! In essence, he is preparing the south west for another round of looting expedition with the north. The target? SE and SS oil! A politician with such a dangerous pedigree should be hated and loathed by all men with their conscience in the right place. . You read some of the posts here and you shudder with disbelief. . The same people that want Jonathan lynched for corruption are here praising Tinubu and OBJ. Very interesting... thats what happens when we view evil from a tribal lens
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

This stupid lies again? The land belongs to Federal Government - not yoruba! If you think you have say who comes or stay on 'your' land. You are on a very very long thing! Do you hear what is happening to your so-called Northners, start the boko stuff of shit in 'your' land and let's see how that works for you. I wonders where some of the bigoted children crawl out from. Your land indeed!

WHERE IN MY POST DID I REFER TO ANYTHING AS " MY LAND "?!? So, why the lies? Why the need to make something up just to justify your bigotry? Why dont you guys have even an iota of shame?

Anyway, youre a known liar and deceit so I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

2nd Question: If Lagos belongs to the Fed.Govt and thats why the Yorubas cant butcher Igbos like the Northerner does in his home; Who owns the Northern Region?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
owobokiri: Tinubu is corrupt. He is an inept administrator. He is leading the SW into an unholy alliance with the out of control fulani ..., the ultimate goal being to loot the resources of the rest of the south! In essence, he is preparing the south west for another round of looting expedition with the north. The target? SE and SS oil! A politician with such a dangerous pedigree should be hated and loathed by all men with their conscience in the right place. . You read some of the posts here and you shudder with disbelief. . The same people that want Jonathan lynched for corruption are here praising Tinubu and OBJ. Very interesting... thats what happens when we view evil from a tribal lens

Which oil??

Attache by force!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
nuclearboy:

I avoid tribalism threads but this comment is amazing coming from you.

[size=14pt]So, Yoruba lands belongs to the Federal Government BUT South-South Land (and oil) belongs to Dokubo and his ilk?[/size] I guess SE lands and Northern Lands also belong to the FG making it just Dokubo and Tompolo that own theirs, right?

NL never ceases to amuse!

Exactly what I just asked the dolt.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by joeyfire(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

From the bolded, you seem to agree that Yorubas who hate Tinubu are in the minority. So my question still stands:
Why do Ibos hate Tinubu more than those his actions affect??

Don't spin a couple of my words and form a theory. That yoruba people do not troop out en masse to criticise Tinubu doesn't mean they don't resent him silently. The people of lagos in particular like I mentioned and you conveniently ignored can't stand him.

When lekki residents led by Ebun Adegboruwa Esq.to protest the lekki tollgates he and his co-residents were battered by A.CN thugs, arrested and Adegboruwa's tax liabilities were manipulated and he was almost prosecuted. You can't blame people for avoiding victimisation.

At your question on Igbos I think its a racist rallying tool that A.CN disciples are addicted to. Infact if igbos hate Tinubu (which I doubt) it could be the explosion of anti-igbo rhetoric since he became Godfather of yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
I don't dislike Tinubu more than i dislike other politicians in Nigeria. I was even one of the staunch Tinubu and AD supporters when he was governor of Lagos state. My problem is not even Tinubu himself really but the fact that the same people who will call for the head of IBB, Atiku, Kalu, OBJ want to to believe that Tinubu is different from these people that have ran our country to the ground. I keep maintaining that they're all the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
joeyfire:
That yoruba people do not troop out en masse to criticise Tinubu doesn't mean they don't resent him silently.
Silent resentment.... Hmmm

So if his people who are affected primarily by whatever he does, make their resentment "Silent" why are Ibos the ones shouting up and down about the man??

The people of lagos in particular like I mentioned and you conveniently ignored can't stand him.
from "Some Lagosians" you've evolved to "The People of Lagos"

Where did you pull that fact out from??

Abeg slow down with the lies abeg...

When lekki residents led by Ebun Adegboruwa Esq.to protest the lekki tollgates he and his co-residents were battered by A.CN thugs, arrested and Adegboruwa's tax liabilities were manipulated and he was almost prosecuted. You can't blame people for avoiding victimisation.
so wetin concern Tinubu and Lekki toll gate??

Please no "Ogogoro Joint News"... Thank You

At your question on Igbos I think its a racist rallying tool that A.CN disciples are addicted to. Infact if igbos hate Tinubu (which I doubt) it could be the explosion of anti-igbo rhetoric since he became Godfather of yorubaland
Now I don't get what you were saying here....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
I still ask my question. why does HID Awolowo hate Tinubu or is she among the minorities whose voices are not heard that despise Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
berem: I still ask my question. why does HID Awolowo hate Tinubu or is she among the minorities whose voices are not heard that despise Tinubu?

I think it's because she's pro-PDP...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by joeyfire(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st][/quote]

Okay I see you are out to troll on a friday night. Good luck with that. Ay least pretend that you intend to talk some sense.

How many igbos have u ever seen complain to you about their hatred for tinubu sef.

If you don't know about Barrister Ebun Adegboruwa and the Lekki tollgate shamefest then you are out of your league in Tinubu matters.

I repeat the anti-igbo rhetoric employed almost religiously since tinubu took over yorubaland is alive and cooking of which you seem to one of the latest products of that assembly line

Abeg next time quote me properly so I can isolate your points and answer them clinically
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
joeyfire: Abeg next time quote me properly so I can isolate your points and answer them clinically

I'll tell Seun to organize a training for you on how to find ur way around NL..

Cheers bro....
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Gbawe: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
berem: I still ask my question. why does HID Awolowo hate Tinubu or is she among the minorities whose voices are not heard that despise Tinubu?

HID simply perceives Tinubu to be a pretender to her husband's legacy as "leader of the Yorubas". Tinubu is the perfect candidate for her to resent because he has all the qualities that makes an iconic and memorable leader - just like Awolowo. She may feel, perhaps rightfully so, that Tinubu lacks the piousness of her husband but different times calls for different gladiators.

In view of what Nigeria is, HID should be happy Tinubu is around today. She may exist in that rare stratosphere where everyone, criminals and upright men alike, respect her. This may have made her to lose touch with reality but no Yoruba want us back under the PDP days whereby illiterates like Adedibu and thugs like Tokyo cower talented leaders and intellectuals to the detriment of the regions development. HID may be respected by many but it is not incumbent on the Yorubas to like and dislike who she backs or dislikes. I don't think anyone should make a big deal out of her purported dislike of Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
^^^
Is she doesn't like Tinubu because of his perceived lack of piousness, how come she has solidly behind Daniel during his misrule??

Daniel has performed well – HID Awolowo

IKENNE – The Otunba Gbenga Daniel administration, has changed the face of Ogun State through meaningful people-oriented programmes in consonance with the template of late Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

The wife of the Late Sage, Chief  HID Awolowo, gave this verdict weekend when Governor Daniel accompanied by top government officials paid a visit to Ikenne, home of the Awolowos during his valedictory visit to Ikene Local Government.

The matriarch of the Awolowo family made reference to the free trade zones, renewal of critical infrastructure, construction of roads and housing estates across the State, establishing of new university and polytechnics and development of the grassroots as some of the areas where the Otunba Daniel administration has performed exceptionally well.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/daniel-has-performed-well-hid-awolowo/
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

HID simply perceives Tinubu to be a pretender to her husband's legacy as "leader of the Yorubas". Tinubu is the perfect candidate for her to resent because he has all the qualities that makes an iconic and memorable leader - just like Awolowo. She may feel, perhaps rightfully so, that Tinubu lacks the piousness of her husband but different times calls for different gladiators.

In view of what Nigeria is, HID should be happy Tinubu is around today. She may exist in that rare stratosphere where everyone, criminals and upright men alike, respect her. This may have made her to lose touch with reality but no Yoruba want us back under the PDP days whereby illiterates like Adedibu and thugs like Tokyo cower talented leaders and intellectuals to the detriment of the regions development. HID may be respected by many but it is not incumbent on the Yorubas to like and dislike who she backs or dislikes. I don't think anyone should make a big deal out of her purported dislike of Tinubu.
Thanks for your matured response. I appreciate.

from the responses on this thread so far, i was expecting more igbos to comment and pour their hate for Tinubu as the poster have rightly claimed. Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested in him. Only maybe the PDP laptop doggies. Am waiting for Sickcere 9gerian to comment or hasn't he seen this thread? grin
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by ballabriggs: 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is those paid butt lickers on here organised by Oronto Douglas and Omokri.

You see Goodluck Jonathan is a failure and the only strategy they have to prevent his failure from being obvious is to try real hard to make every other person a failure. Bring him to Jonathan's level, it is ogogoro politics.

They also perceive Raji Fashola as a threat and that is why Labaran Maku will open his foul mouth to say the trash he said days ago. Omokri at a time opened one thread on this forum calling it "the truth about Fashola's success". Unfortunately for them, Lagos people stand strong behind Fashola. He may not be the perfect man but he stands way above their level.

Imagine a Lagos in the hands of PDP. That is telling the people of Lagos to choose between Tinubu and the ex-convict Bode George.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
berem:
from the responses on this thread so far, i was expecting more igbos to comment and pour their hate for Tinubu as the poster have rightly claimed. Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested about him.

The aim of this thread is for SE people to give reasons why they hate the man. Their scarcity shows that they've no sensible reason for the deep hatred they've been displaying at the mention of his name.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The aim of this thread is for SE people to give reasons why they hate the man. Their scarcity shows that they've no sensible reason for the deep hatred they've been displaying at the mention of his name.
it's very obvious why he is hated by whomever you think hates him. I don't know what else you expect his haters to say. smh
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by whitecat007: 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ha! abomination! which oil are you talking about? cos even palm oil is produced for your home consumption only. If I hear oil from your mouth again, it better be vegetable oil from Singapore. If not that I have stopped cursing, would have asked sango to ignite and burn you beyond recognition.

owobokiri: Tinubu is corrupt. He is an inept administrator. He is leading the SW into an unholy alliance with the out of control fulani ..., the ultimate goal being to loot the resources of the rest of the south! In essence, he is preparing the south west for another round of looting expedition with the north. The target? SE and SS oil! A politician with such a dangerous pedigree should be hated and loathed by all men with their conscience in the right place. . You read some of the posts here and you shudder with disbelief. . The same people that want Jonathan lynched for corruption are here praising Tinubu and OBJ. Very interesting... thats what happens when we view evil from a tribal lens

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by ikweremilitant: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

And what exactly is the positive news about a drug baron (US*), a certificate forger (Gani*), a master of perjury, a bastard (Bakare*), a thief (Nigerians*) and boko haram sympathizer (Nigerians*). What's there to cheer about in Tinubu the notorious?

* - according to
my frend atimes I advice u to ignore dis yoruba boys in dis forum with dia trade mark stupidity.hatred for a glorified thief I laf in ijebu
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by eggheaders(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
ikwere militant: my frend atimes I advice u to ignore dis yoruba boys in dis forum with dia trade mark stupidity.hatred for a glorified thief I laf in ijebu

perfect example of the aftermath of contraceptives gone wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Samxiulee: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

Was it GEJ apologists to took Tinubu to court ob account of his certificates?
Was Tunde Bakare playing the PDP card when he questioned Tinubu's identity and called him a bastard?
What about the various sleaze linked to Tinubu, and his continuous looting of Lagos treasury via his many schemes?
Did GEJ apologists operate all those foreign accounts linked with Tinubu while in office?

Your response is typical of ACN goons, and half baked ACN intellectuals on parade in Nigeria - blame everything on the big bad PDP! In any case, Tinubu is a typical yoruba theif, loquacious to boot. In saner culture he would rather play in the shadows, not at the fore. Alas, this foolishness is called 'political sophistication'

Here are other various allegation yet to be cleared by this Tinubu and comapany:

Tinubu is a sophisticated thief currently left to run wild by FG as he serves their interest at the moment. Expect reality to change the moment his 'usefulness' expires.
this is a very good presentation by you,but why is it that the efcc have not moved in to arrest this man if what he did was criminal?since we have an agency like efcc?cos is it a crime if am a public figure,that should hinder my wealth?am not holding brief for him but I think if all he has done is not incriminating then there shouldn't be a problem,I think he is a smart political/businessman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by omartins(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
its only a cyber hate as what they have for AWO. May be because they dont have an active leader such as both.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by gratiaeo(m): 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
Oh! see ofe mmanu peeps flexing muscle........
SE peeps hate tinubu? How?
Waiting concern me concern tinubu again? Waiting person no go see 4 nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
gratiaeo: Oh! see ofe mmanu peeps flexing muscle........
SE peeps hate tinubu? How?
Waiting concern me concern tinubu again? Waiting person no go see 4 nairaland!
grin grin
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by gratiaeo(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Going by what I've been seeing on NL, I can say that Tinubu is hated mostly by people from the South-Eastern part of the country. This is surprising since Tinubu's past actions and inactions affected mainly people in the southwest.

So my question is:
Why is Tinubu hated more by people who are not primarily affected by his actions and inactions??
One of the reasons why some people hate your messiah
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
chairman of the Action
Congress of Nigeria (ACN),
on Wednesday described the
declaration of a State of
Emergency in Borno, Yobe
and Adamawa States by
President Goodluck Jonathan
as a dangerous trend in the
art of governance and a
deliberate ploy to subvert
constitutional democracy.
“It is now abundantly clear
that President Jonathan has
finally bared his fangs
confirming what was widely
speculated,” he said in a press
statement, stressing that by
the action, Mr. Jonathan has
intimidated and emasculated
the governors of these States.
Tinubu said that keen
observers have been left with
the unmistakable conclusion
of the existence of a
surreptitious but barely
disguised intention to muzzle
the elected governments of
these states for what is clearly
a display of unpardonable
mediocrity and diabolic
partisanship geared towards
“Borno and Yobe states have
been literally under armies of
occupation with the
attendant excruciating
hardship experienced daily
by the indigenes and
residents of these areas. This
government now wants to use
the excuse of the security
challenges faced by the
Governors to remove them
from the states considered
hostile to the 2015 PDP/
Jonathan project.”
He warned that the
administration is in effect
setting in motion a chain of
events the end of which
nobody can predict, as
actions such as this one often
give root to radical ideologies
and extremist tendencies that
are a direct opposite of the
intended outcome of
unwarranted and
unintelligent
meddlesomeness.
“The present scenario playing
out in the country reminds
one of the classical case of a
mediocre craftsman who
continually blames the tools
of his trade for his serial
failure but refuses to look at
his pitiable state with a view
to adjusting,” he said.
Chief Tinubu further warned
that Jonathan’s
pronouncement, which seeks
to abridge or has the
potential of totally scuttling
the constitutional functions
of Governors and other
elected representatives of the
people, will be
counterproductive in the long
run.
“A State of Emergency
already exists in the states
where JTF operates,” he
pointed out, noting that
residents of the affected
communities live in constant
fear and their rights are
violated with impunity under
the guise of searching for
terrorists in their respective
domains.
“Hiding under some nebulous
claims which border on the
intractability of the security
challenges posed by Boko
Haram or some acclaimed
traditionalists who have
killed some policemen to
render ineffective the
constitutional powers vested
in elected Governors and
other representatives of the
people, perceived as not
amenable to manipulation for
the 2015 project amounts to
reducing serious issues
bordering on the survival of
the country to partisan
politics,” he said.
The ACN chieftain called on
all those who love Nigeria
genuinely to advise the
federal government not to
tinker with the mandates of
the governors of Borno, Yobe
and Adamawa under any
guise, calling it a “potentially
destructive” path to take.
“If security of a society is
about the protection of lives
and property of the citizenry,
the involvement of the people
is a sine qua non to effective
intelligence gathering,” the
statement said. “Any
measures put in place which
alienate the people, in
particular their elected
representatives, should be
considered as fundamentally
defective by every right
thinking person in the
country.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chris Ngige Killed Ego Her Girlfried / Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) / Top Ten Most "Handsome" Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.