Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? (3692 Views)

I Hate Tinubu / Yorubas hate tinubu/obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Orji Kalu, for example, may be a crook but he is not my problem and I am not in the least bit interested in being his loudest critic because he has done nothing to me and whatever he does wrong should be tackled by those his actions affect directly. That is correct, appropriate and normal human behaviour

Seriously.

People only know him in this neck of the woods because of his Sun newspapers which were initially really popular and his feud with Obasanjo (similar to the sympathy Amaechi gets against GEJ)

All I feel for anything happening outside the South-west is mere curiosity...

These Igbo guys on Nairaland join up with other Yoruba people who are, naturally, dissatisfied to criticize every government action since not all Yorubas are ACN sympathizers. In fact, most of the accusations levied on Tinubu are by his fellow Yoruba people (activists, rivals, idealists and disgruntled elements).

In my opinion, its not a bad phenomenon. It keeps the ACN governments on their toes and improves service delivery.

Meanwhile, the eastern states fly completely under the radar. Ebonyi anyone? People forget its as old as Osun... How long was Chime out for again? Theodore Orji nko?

The Anambrans seem to be a very proud sub-group and so Obi goes through a little scrutiny...

All politicians are crooks but the Eastern governors are a very lucky bunch.

Abi? When every educated adult from their states is busy attacking Fashola over the Ikoyi bridge and using Akpabio as the poster boy for how development should be...

Akpabio... Yet another non-southeastern governor.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by gbanikiti(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
ilugunboy: Simple....they don't have a rallying figure like him

....hate and despise what you can't get.
hmmm.. Omo ilugun should i agree with you on your comment?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
TouchDown:

Seriously.

People only know him in this neck of the woods because of his Sun newspapers which were initially really popular and his feud with Obasanjo (similar to the sympathy Amaechi gets against GEJ)

These Igbo guys on Nairaland join up with other Yoruba people who are, naturally, dissatisfied to criticize every government action since not all Yorubas are ACN sympathizers. In fact, most of the accusations levied on Tinubu are by his fellow Yoruba people (activists, rivals, idealists and disgruntled elements).

In my opinion, its not a bad phenomenon. It keeps the ACN governments on their toes and improves service delivery.

Meanwhile, the eastern states fly completely under the radar. Ebonyi anyone? People forget its as old as Osun... How long was Chime out for again? Theodore Orji nko?

The Anambrans seem to be a very proud sub-group and so Obi goes through a little scrutiny...

Abi? When every educated adult from their states is busy attacking Fashola over the Ikoyi bridge and using Akpabio as the poster boy for how development should be...

Bookmarked!!

cool
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

Decent, hardworking, independent minded people find it very difficult to rally around thieves. We have no regrets!

Keep deceiving yourself...no one is sold on your shenanigan on this forum...except fickle minds from your part of the country.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
gbanikiti: hmmm.. Omo ilugun should i agree with you on your comment?

Babe please do.... wink cheesy
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
TouchDown:

Seriously.

Touche...! high five!
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by gbanikiti(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Bookmarked!!

cool
Hey Malc, how did you come into conclusion that people from the SE hate Tinubu? Did you use nairaland to justify your claims or do you have a reliable source to defend your baseless thread?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by takedat(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

Tinubu is a sophisticated thief currently left to run wild by FG as he serves their interest at the moment. Expect reality to change the moment his 'usefulness' expires.
Why is Tinubu left to run wild while some former governors from a particular region like Orji, Nnamani are currently being prosecuted by the FG? I guess the simple answer to why Tinubu still remains a political heavyweight even with all the unverified allegations of enriching himself with state funds, is because he "is a politician extraordinaire, a political tactician." OBJ made more verocious attempt at destroying Tinubu's political relevance but failed woefully and his other detractors seem befuddled because they are unable to understand his methodology.

None of his supporters have come out to say he isn't corrupt, after all 99.9% of Nigerian politicians are corrupt especially those from a region which produced 3 senate presidents who were removed because of fraud/graft and one being an ex-convict(Enwerem). Not all Yorubas worship or glamorize Tinubu, but you've got to respect his determination even with all the odds against him! The Ziks, Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo's weren't saints or perfectionists, they all had their flaws!

This man(Tinubu) built a party(ACN) which most SWesterners gladly accepted after a disruptive reign of the killer party(PDP). You do not expect him to build a party and not lead it! If his party is able to deliver some dividends of democracy unlike the inept PDP, why won't his people respect him?

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by okewufreg(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
People just think we are fools, who is tinubo a political business man he gives and take in a million fold
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by yeboyes: 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Going by what I've been seeing on NL, I can say that Tinubu is hated mostly by people from the South-Eastern part of the country. This is surprising since Tinubu's past actions and inactions affected mainly people in the southwest.

So my question is:
Why is Tinubu hated more by people who are not primarily affected by his actions and inactions??

His trademark "glasses" look scares the shit out of them because he reminds them of Awolowo. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Environer: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
Other than NL back and forth, I do not know of any SE person who cares about Tinubu in real life
But SW hatred for SE people go beyond cyberspace; it is real. If in doubt ask them why they shortchanged Zik, why Awolowo committed genocide against Igbos, and why they hate Ojukwu (even in death) and supported Hausa to stop Biafra and kill 3 million Igbos. Ask them why they hate Achebe even though he made a true point against a Yoruba (one Yoruba) and not against the Yoruba as a race. Ask them why their Obas are raping Igbo female corpers, and why their kidnappers specifically kidnap Igbo traders.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Environer: Other than NL back and forth, I do not know of any SE person who cares about Tinubu in real life
But SW hatred for SE people go beyond cyberspace; it is real. If in doubt ask them why they shortchanged Zik, why Awolowo committed genocide against Igbos, and why they hate Ojukwu (even in death) and supported Hausa to stop Biafra and kill 3 million Igbos. Ask them why they hate Achebe even though he made a true point against a Yoruba (one Yoruba) and not against the Yoruba as a race. Ask them why their Obas are raping Igbo female corpers, and why their kidnappers specifically kidnap Igbo traders.

You've been listening to too many folklore handed over to you by your village elders.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by yeboyes: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB: Most people from across the Niger don't hold thieves, fraudsters, and drug barons, certificate forgers, etc in high regards, especially if they continue to shamelessly press for acceptance in public sphere.

Yet they hold Jonathan,Abacha, Babangida ,Akpabio ,Ohakim,Ibori e.t.c in high regard and constitute 95% of the drug dealers ,Kidnappers and fraudsters Nigeria export to South Africa ,Asia and the USA.Need i remind you that Igbos are political prostitues who will lick the azz of anyone who gives them money.I mean just take a look at the history of Igbo politics ,it is a classic example what intelligent folks would never do if they want to be relevant or taken serious.Fact is unless APC produces a Igbo Candidate an igbo man will never be President of Nigeria.After Jonathan comes sambo ,deal with it
grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lol @ this thread.

Anyone want to guess why I am lolling?

Muhehehi.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by ckkris: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
eggheaders:

you can say that loud to the uba brothers and the drug baron that use money to buy the stool of aguleri. laughing in Japanese.
Laugh in Nipong if you can. Eastern Nigeria rate Awolowo, who won followers in the South-south, Faleye, and brilliant fore-runners like Adegoke Adelabu, far more illustrious. Geniuses are born everyday.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by gbanikiti(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Environer: Other than NL back and forth, I do not know of any SE person who cares about Tinubu in real life.
exactly my point! I have never seen any igbo man in real life who gives a hoot about Tinubu talk less of hating him. Probably i should ask the yorubas on this forum why HID Awolowo hates Tinubu?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
I love Tinubu. I think he is about the smartest politician Nigeria has seen in decades. He is extremely calculative, very suave and knows best when to strike. He lives for himself and would pitch tent with the right camp as soon as all the chips are down.

The people I pity are those who put their trust in him but don't have the right amount to pay for his services.

Ribadu, Buhari and Atiku can attest to his sagacity.

Jonathan on the other hand always has a smile on his face when he sees Tinubu. He knows his price and he can pay.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Garrithe1st: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
gbanikiti: Hey Dr. Garri, how did you come into conclusion that people from the SE hate Tinubu? Did you use nairaland to justify your claims or do you have a reliable source to defend your baseless thread?
Fixed!!.... cheesy cheesy

Check my opening statement

Garri the 1st: Going by what I've been seeing on NL, I can say that Tinubu is hated mostly by people from the South-Eastern part of the country.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Environer: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

You've been listening to too many folklore handed over to you by your village elders.

https://www.nairaland.com/929986/yoruba-monarch-faces-more-trouble
https://www.nairaland.com/171774/kidnapping-truly-nigerian-phenomenom-yoruba
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by eggheaders(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
ckkris: Laugh in Nipong if you can. Eastern Nigeria rate Awolowo, who won followers in the South-south, Faleye, and brilliant fore-runners like Adegoke Adelabu, far more illustrious. Geniuses are born everyday.

what your point exactly. one minute you hate awo because of the 3 million story sold to y'all. next minute you hold him in high esteem. living up to y'all simple pendulum experiment mindset.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Gbawe: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
TouchDown:

Seriously.

Some great points. What no normal and balanced person will argue against is that it is entirely abnormal to be focused malevolently on a Politician who actually has no effect on how you live your life - especially given the fact that you have so many political misrulers directly under your nose to worry about!!!! When folks do that, then there are obvious underlying issues driving such worthless and unobjective obsessions which robs them of the chance to introspect and make more of themselves via getting more out of those who lead them.

We can logically break down the specific duties of Tinubu, from when he began his political career till today, that will shows that most of his critics from the SE have absolutely no basis in logic and political reality to obdurately focus on and obsess about this man. None at all !!!!

That malevolent obsession is even more condemnable when, as you stated, the worthless SE administrators who are doing nothing at all get far less attention on this forum from their own citizens who show far more interest in discussing Tinubu and everything SW related !!!!! Highly unusual and aberrant behaviour that anyone seeking to be mentally balanced, fulfilled and societally effective would work to avoid.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by dridowu: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4: Why is it that Yoruba people glorifies their Thievery Kinsmen?, is it because of their 'give me Egunje' culture or what.
egunje=bride, tell me d part of d world "egunje" does not occur. Next tme post positively
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Akanbiedu(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Repeat

A large proportion of those fixated on Tinubu's activity are paid agents. As soon as they got disengaged, you either don't hear from them anymore or less frequently(Beaf, jmaine, pointB). PointB is especially earning his pay by rallying the Igbo group on NL behind GEJ using Biafra sentiment.

We have some that have tried to rally Yoruba group here. They have tried to use Awolowo's name, tried to use Abiola's during the MAulAG saga but that failed woefully. They will try the religious, only God can tell what the outcome of that will be.

PointB:

Was it GEJ apologists to took Tinubu to court ob account of his certificates?
Was Tunde Bakare playing the PDP card when he questioned Tinubu's identity and called him a bastard?
What about the various sleaze linked to Tinubu, and his continuous looting of Lagos treasury via his many schemes?
Did GEJ apologists operate all those foreign accounts linked with Tinubu while in office?

Your response is typical of ACN goons, and half baked ACN intellectuals on parade in Nigeria - blame everything on the big bad PDP! In any case, Tinubu is a typical yoruba theif, loquacious to boot. In saner culture he would rather play in the shadows, not at the fore. Alas, this foolishness is called 'political sophistication'

Here are other various allegation yet to be cleared by this Tinubu and comapany:

Tinubu is a sophisticated thief currently left to run wild by FG as he serves their interest at the moment. Expect reality to change the moment his 'usefulness' expires.

Kedu?

Allegations you say?

Keep telling yourself that, may be someday, you will be able to believe it.

How is the rallying IGBO for Janathan going? Have you seen that thread that proposed Rochas for president, I bet you have not contributed. Have you? I thought you claimed to be working for Igbo president bro?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
Environer: Other than NL back and forth, I do not know of any SE person who cares about Tinubu in real life

But these same evil Yorubas are the only people that accept you on their lands and make you feel secure without fearing for your life? Do you want to hear a little story about what the Northerners and South Africans do to your brothers whenever they sense the slightest bit of disrespect from them?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Gbawe: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Repeat

A large proportion of those fixated on Tinubu's activity are paid agents. As soon as they got disengaged, you either don't hear from them anymore or less frequently(Beaf, jmaine, pointB). PointB is especially earning his pay by rallying the Igbo group on NL behind GEJ using Biafra sentiment.

We have some that have tried to rally Yoruba group here. They have tried to use Awolowo's name, tried to use Abiola's during the MAulAG saga but that failed woefully. They will try the religious, only God can tell what the outcome of that will be.

Kedu?

Allegations you say?

How is the rallying IGBO for Janathan going? Have you seen that thread that proposed Rochas for president, I bet you have not contributed. Have you? I thought you claimed to be working for Igbo president bro?

Ogbeni, O to ojo meta . Bawo ni ? Ni bo lo sapa mo si?
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by ekoilee: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
PointB:

Support your assertion with a popular name, and tell the world how such person has been glamourised as some yorubas shameless glamorizes Tinubu?

60 Anambra royal fathers in trouble over visit to Ifeanyi Ubah

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/60-anambra-royal-fathers-in-trouble-over-visit-to-ifeanyi-ubah/

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by Akanbiedu(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mi o kuku sapa mo ooo. Oro awon people yi ti su mi ooo.

Mo wa pa, trying to survive.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by austinkenneth: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
[b][/b]I THINK THE APPROPRIATE TITLE FOR THIS THREAD SHOULD BE:

Why Do People From South East NAIRALANDERS Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west?

Ditto for a similar thread about Ojukwu.

Some topics and posts are inadvertently created in such a way as to ignite and fan embers of hate about ethnic groups and create feedback loops that generate self-fulfulling prophecies.

By the way do NL south-westerners really inherently hate Ojukwu? or do SE nairalanders really inherently hate Tinubu?

I stand to be corrected but I think a good number of people (referred to as haters) are people who have been pushed to take sides based on their ethnic origin (charity begins at home?) in this SE vs. SW matter.
A good number of them will point fingers to others on the opposing side and say 'They started it' But if people take sides and insult others, then more people will take sides and insult others, and then more and more people will become involved and at a point it will become a e-herd or and e-crowd. We all know that crowds are uncontrollable whether physical or e-.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by PointB: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Repeat

Kedu?

Allegations you say?

Does this bull crap from your south end deserves a meaningful response? Certainly not from me.
Re: Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? by PointB: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

But these same evil Yorubas are the only people that accept you on their lands and make you feel secure without fearing for your life? Do you want to hear a little story about what the Northerners and South Africans do to your brothers whenever they sense the slightest bit of disrespect from them?

This stupid lies again? The land belongs to Federal Government - not yoruba! If you think you have say who comes or stay on 'your' land. You are on a very very long thing! Do you hear what is happening to your so-called Northners, start the boko stuff of shit in 'your' land and let's see how that works for you. I wonders where some of the bigoted children crawl out from. Your land indeed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was One Of The Reasons Why US Barred Nigeria From DV Lottery / Niger Delta Avengers:: Odi Massacre In The Making / Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.