Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years (17799 Views)

Ibadan Gets New Chief Imam / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized / Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by lucarella: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
WOW! And Ibadan already has the best internet in Africa. Wait! Why is development so much in Ibadan now?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by yemmight(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

And your problem my friend is that you don't know how to comprehend English..

My point was that it took them 30 years to build a market that is only fit for 30 years ago, hence the 'it took them 30 years to build this crap'.

I hope you get it now, otherwise, your problem is bigger than me.. Na federal government you suppose go hold.. grin

Unfortunately, it's been a while when we hear or see any commissioning from that your side. All you could do is to condemn good work people are doing here since you don't experience any. I am sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
emiye:

grin grin grin, All the things you mentioned are there, including more. Watch the video.

I have being to the market, and it is not a run of the mill type.

Remove your ethnic and party affiliation spectacles, it is affecting your sight, and ultimately the quality of your reasoning.
I try to be objective as possible and if you have been following my posts, you will know I'm not a pdp person.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
blink182: I totally agree with you. Mediocrity has to stop. What if it is a garri market, who would get killed if the whole thing was built like a simple mall-a large building with lock up tables, 5 or more entrances, garage for trucks, toilet facilities and the rest. This is bullshite jor!

And when they build it as you've described and the poor people can't afford the shops you'll then turn around to say the govt doesn't have the poor in mind....

SMH4U

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by emiye(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
blink182: I try to be objective as possible and if you have been following my posts, you will know I'm not a pdp person.

Your objectivity on this thread will improve if you have removed that spectacle, thanks as you comply. cool
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
blink182: I try to be objective as possible and if you have been following my posts, you will know I'm not a pdp person.

Yes I agree that you usually try to be as objective as possible, but you got this one wrong.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]Your problem is simply one of projection..

So because the market women today can't use a computer, we should give them Shity market stalls. By 2020, I expect Nigeria to be at a certain level. Now if this is my hope for Nigeria, you don't expect me to celebrate this rubbish. That's what places overlords like Fashola, Amaechi and Akpabio way ahead of others. While Ibadan is celebrating a 1lane flyover in 2013, Rivers State is thinking of how to break down their barely 8year old 1 lane flyover and replace it with a triple carriage flyover. While Ibadan is celebrating the introduction of 4stroke engine keke napep by heir governor, Fashola is building intra-city trams that will remove taxis and buses from some routes by 2020.

If you have no idea where you want to be in the future, then bullshit like this is for you. When Governor Amaechi took office from Odili, a one lane bridge was under construction in port harcourt. He stopped the work and tried to see how they could increase it to a two lane bridge. Sadly, the pillars were not designed for that.

By 2030, some states would be so backwards, other progressive states would buy other states.[/b]
your major problem is the standard. google markets around the world, especially for groceries they are mostly done under tents. check places like london, usa, france etc. most of their groceries are sold outside under tent. nothing concerns me with keke napep or whatever, for all i know, tricycle is still one of the major transportation method in India and it doesnt take anything away from the beauty of india.

i believe this market is better than selling groceries by the roadside, thereby, blocking motorists,cursing accidents etc. and the standard is okay compared to what have seen around the world

to help educate yourself, google "market in london or uk" the click on the images and see what grocery markets look like, you can also do that for other countries. i noticed you want us to copy westerns in everything but not considering those that will use what we want to copy.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: You mean it took them 30 years to build this crap?

Do these Yoruba people realise that we are in 2013!? The era of space travel, super computers, etc.

Even by 1995 standards, this market looks like SHIIT..

Talk is cheap. Like it or not, Ibadan is working...
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]Your problem is simply one of projection..

So because the market women today can't use a computer, we should give them Shity market stalls. By 2020, I expect Nigeria to be at a certain level. Now if this is my hope for Nigeria, you don't expect me to celebrate this rubbish. That's what places overlords like Fashola, Amaechi and Akpabio way ahead of others. While Ibadan is celebrating a 1lane flyover in 2013, Rivers State is thinking of how to break down their barely 8year old 1 lane flyover and replace it with a triple carriage flyover. While Ibadan is celebrating the introduction of 4stroke engine keke napep by heir governor, Fashola is building intra-city trams that will remove taxis and buses from some routes by 2020.

If you have no idea where you want to be in the future, then bullshit like this is for you. When Governor Amaechi took office from Odili, a one lane bridge was under construction in port harcourt. He stopped the work and tried to see how they could increase it to a two lane bridge. Sadly, the pillars were not designed for that.

By 2030, some states would be so backwards, other progressive states would buy other states.[/b]

Dude, permit to say that you're typing shyte!

How many traders do you think there are in ibadan? How many markets are to be built to accomodate all the displaced road side traders? Will the government have the resources to fund a modern mall for all the garri and tomato sellers accross oyo state?

Good thing is this though, the government don't have to build modern markets.

Reason is this, recently cocoa mall/heritage mall was opened, this is the type of modern market you're referring to I believe. In another 24 months at most, ibadan city mall along ring road too will be opened, not forgeting the cocoa shopping mall, all of these within ibadan metropolis and all very modern markets.

Gradually, these such malls will overtake smaller open air markets and we won't have needs for these types of markets anymore.

Unless if by miracle these market women can come together and form a conglomerate that can withstand shoprite for example, all of them will sadly be soon out of business.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by darkashes(m): 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
praise the lord in the highest..well have been in ib and i stil belong to that ancient city. ACN carry go
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

So because they are market women, they don't deserve to sell in proper big mall type market abi?

Your problem my friend is that you are condescending. You already referred to them as 'market women', worthy of nothing good.
Give us a model example...
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
9jadelta: your major problem is the standard. google markets around the world, especially for groceries they are mostly done under tents. check places like london, usa, france etc. most of their groceries are sold outside under tent. nothing concerns me with keke napep or whatever, for all i know, tricycle is still one of the major transportation method in India and it doesnt take anything away from the beauty of india.

i believe this market is better than selling groceries by the roadside, thereby, blocking motorists,cursing accidents etc. and the standard is okay compared to what have seen around the world

to help educate yourself, google "market in london or uk" the click on the images and see what grocery markets look like, you can also do that for other countries. i noticed you want us to copy westerns in everything but not considering those that will use what we want to copy.

I don't need google to know what grocery markets and flea markets look like my guy. I have lived in all these places you listed and more and can tell you that neither the UK, U.S, France, Italy or Canada builds crap like this except its like bus park or something like that.

I also never said we should copy the west in everything, stop lying.. But even if I did, it's not such a bad thing. After all, people like you go there and start talking SHIIT about how under developed we are. Then you come home and celebrate this rubbish.

I have also set a vision 2020 - 2030 goal which I hope we can achieve. And in this future, markets like this is what I want to see at the lowest grassroot villages, not Ibadan or any other major city.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
rodeo0070:
Give us a model example...

Go to Lagos and see some of the newly built Fashola markets.

Go to mile 3 and mile 1 markets in Port harcourt. Those should be the minimum standards acceptable now.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1:

Dude, permit to say that you're typing shyte!

How many traders do you think there are in ibadan? How many markets are to be built to accomodate all the displaced road side traders? Will the government have the resources to fund a modern mall for all the garri and tomato sellers accross oyo state?

Good thing is this though, the government don't have to build modern markets.

Reason is this, recently cocoa mall/heritage mall was opened, this is the type of modern market you're referring to I believe. In another 24 months at most, ibadan city mall along ring road too will be opened, not forgeting the cocoa shopping mall, all of these within ibadan metropolis and all very modern markets.

Gradually, these such malls will overtake smaller open air markets and we won't have needs for these types of markets anymore.

Unless if by miracle these market women can come together and form a conglomerate that can withstand shoprite for example, all of them will sadly be soon out of business.

I don't know what these malls you are talking about look like, but I still maintain that this is SHIIT.

Just because they sell tomatoes and peppers don't mean shit. Otherwise, we should only grade rural roads and not tar them, after all how many cars drive on those roads. We know where we want to be in 20 years, so why are we still living like we are 20 years behind times. This was not built by a local government but a state government inside a major Nigerian city. I'm sorry, I will not budge on this be.. This market is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by seunny4lif(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Desola: This is lovely. I am so far impressed by the doings of the ACN governors. I just hope that they maintain this same momentum so that Ondo can open their eyes to the treacherous fool they installed as governor. I used to tout for that swine but now I know better.

ACN all the way! For as long as they continue to be true though. I would cast my vote to change them at the drop of a hat if they show signs of going the PDP way.

Sai Yoruba land!
Why dont you STFU angry angryIf,u dont have anything to say about my state governor becos he no dey follow ACN...Abi na by force to join ACN?Come to ondo state and say dat ur yeye word again even Ekiti state governor dey arrange ekiti like ondo state with the same roads plan and market plan like mimiko ways....I believe u neva pass Lagos b4? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Blazinraj01(f): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Like I said, this is 2013..

Go to obodo Oyinbos and see where they sell these same things you listed here. That's why Fashola and Amaechi would not use tax payers money to build this batcher market. By 2020, our markets should come with central air conditioning and stuffs like that. This market would have been the SHIIT if this were 1988.

grin

I'm sorry bro, I'm not impressed. I expect a certain level of standard and quality from our government. This type of crap has no place in the future we are aspiring towards so I can't celebrate it simply because it took them 30 years to do something that belongs to 30 years ago era..

You will never be impressed undecided
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

I don't know what these malls you are talking about look like, but I still maintain that this is SHIIT.

Just because they sell tomatoes and peppers don't mean shit. Otherwise, we should only grade rural roads and not tar them, after all how many cars drive on those roads. We know where we want to be in 20 years, so why are we still living like we are 20 years behind times. This was not built by a local government but a state government inside a major Nigerian city. I'm sorry, I will not budge on this be.. This market is unacceptable. [/b]

I get what you're trying to say though, but I don't believe am familiar with this port harcout modern markets, do you have a picture or perhaps a link?

I know the ondo modern markets looks architecturally better than this one but functionally the same.

Given that these marketers where illegally occupying the road side before and were displaced and now provided with a market is still a good thing, even though I think he ought to have built these markets before the dispacement, in all, he has done well, hope there's more to come.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by slimyem: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
Desola: This is lovely. I am so far impressed by the doings of the ACN governors. I just hope that they maintain this same momentum so that Ondo can open their eyes to the treacherous fool they installed as governor. I used to tout for that swine but now I know better.

ACN all the way! For as long as they continue to be true though. I would cast my vote to change them at the drop of a hat if they show signs of going the PDP way.

Sai Yoruba land!
Desola,kilode?If Ondo people are not complaining,why are you?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by adexsimply(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: You mean it took them 30 years to build this crap?

Do these Yoruba people realise that we are in 2013!? The era of space travel, super computers, etc.

Even by 1995 standards, this market looks like SHIIT..

I am forced to agree with you
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by deor03(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
lucarella: WOW! And Ibadan already has the best internet in Africa. Wait! Why is development so much in Ibadan now?

Best internet??

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by anonimi: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe: Just seen the youtube video. Impressive. Let the haters of the ACN, including the lunatic who posts inappropriately in bold red font all over the place, come and spin this negatively. Let me guess "how does a modern and organised market benefit ordinary Nigerians".

Thanks for letting me know how effective I am in putting BIG holes to the balloon of LIES and propaganda that you ACN guys spout here and elsewhere.
What else could someone desire as encouragement for his chosen path. Again thanks!!!

BTW, are you talking about yourself as a lunatic seeing you also post in "bold red font" after HYPOCRITE-ically complaining a few weeks back for doing it

I should have known the stuff ACN guys are made of- HYPOCRISY!!!
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by anonimi: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
slimyem: Desola,kilode?If Ondo people are not complaining,why are you?

You don't know?
Try guessing with the following tips:

a) Ishakole (royalty from the state coffers for the oga on top)
b) Small, small contracts (including e-propaganda)for the foot soldiers based in Lagos.

etc etc.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
deor03:

Best internet??

Have you heard of smiles network? They provide LTE (4G) network and they opened first in ibadan, soon they'll be in other places.

It is indeed the fastest network you can obtain presently in nigeria.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by slimyem: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

You don't know?
Try guessing with the following tips:

a) Ishakole (royalty from the state coffers for the oga on top)
b) Small, small contracts (including e-propaganda)for the foot soldiers based in Lagos.

etc etc.
I guessed all those already.I just thought there might be some other valid reason for her name calling this man of his people.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Aksonman: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
When other PDP controlled cities like Uyo, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Kaduna, Onitsha and Aba are busy pursuing and attracting the likes of Shoprite and Walmart,this is what ACN is celebrating in 2013?

The south-west should just be grateful that Lagos was once Nigeria's federal capital all through an Oil boom era. If not,the skyline of Lagos would have been same as that of most Yoruba cities-dotted with rusted brown zinc rooftops.
#Pity

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by madamoringo(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
What are ibo governors doing?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
madam_oringo: What are ibo governors doing?

Nothing worthy of mention either, but just because the Igbo Governors are acting like fucktards does not make it alright for Ibadan people to celebrate mediocrity in 2013.

This is not about tribe but about the greater good which is why I used fasholas markets as a years stick to measure.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

I don't need google to know what grocery markets and flea markets look like my guy. I have lived in all these places you listed and more and can tell you that neither the UK, U.S, France, Italy or Canada builds crap like this except its like bus park or something like that.

I also never said we should copy the west in everything, stop lying.. But even if I did, it's not such a bad thing. After all, people like you go there and start talking SHIIT about how under developed we are. Then you come home and celebrate this rubbish.

I have also set a vision 2020 - 2030 goal which I hope we can achieve. And in this future, markets like this is what I want to see at the lowest grassroot villages, not Ibadan or any other major city.
okay tell me, what exactly is your problem with the market?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akson man: When other PDP controlled cities like Uyo, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Kaduna, Onitsha and Aba are busy pursuing and attracting the likes of Shoprite and Walmart,this is what ACN is celebrating in 2013?

The south-west should just be grateful that Lagos was once Nigeria's federal capital all through an Oil boom era. If not,the skyline of Lagos would have been same as that of most Yoruba cities-dotted with rusted brown zinc rooftops.
#Pity

Can we all agree this poster is an unexposed monkey?

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Flygerian1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe vs okija juju. This is gon be tough
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1:

I get what you're trying to say though, but I don't believe am familiar with this port harcout modern markets, do you have a picture or perhaps a link?

I know the ondo modern markets looks architecturally better than this one but functionally the same.

Given that these marketers where illegally occupying the road side before and were displaced and now provided with a market is still a good thing, even though I think he ought to have built these markets before the dispacement, in all, he has done well, hope there's more to come.

Sadly I don't, but its similar to those new markets built by Fashola in Lagos.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Aksonman: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
madam_oringo: What are ibo governors doing?

Enugu already has a modern mall housing Shoprite,cinemas etc. Aba and Owerri currently have Shoprite malls under construction.
Ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Casts His Vote During Anambra Election (Photos) / President Buhari Commissions John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture In Lagos / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Obanikoro’s Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.