Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,266 members, 7,957,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years (18019 Views)

Ibadan Gets New Chief Imam / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized / Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Delafruita(m): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Hhahahahahahaaaaa

Why should I bad belle wetin no go affect me.. grin

I simply want to hold our governments to a certain level of standard. Even by local government standards, this market is f*cking poor. Especially now that we are expecting a year of heavy down pour of rains.

How much does it cost to build a proper mordern market? This thing is not fit for 2013.

Look at the markets Fashola built in Lagos?

E be like say you and your people dey forbid better thing.
now they built a market which allows the women stay rent-free for three months.when they decide to build a multibillion naira market which would require the women to pay massive rent,na una go still complain.

this is a great step from the government of oyo state
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
gramci:

See this native clown, that the bogus statistical figures you periodically generate from osundefender is always debunked is not enough reason to go personal on anyone, grow up bro. cheesy

You are always talking of Osundefender. Has the news source ever shown interest in what you and your father or brother are doing? No.

This is a news source primarily concerned about reportage to do with Osun State and the SW. Many like that exist worldwide. They don't spread propaganda against you and your household so why are you so mad? Or is the real issue to do with how you hate hearing anything positive about the SW?

Has anyone asked the news sources in your States not to do same?

Why , if you do not have 'issues', it is you who is not from the SW who has the biggest problem with me, A Yoruba from the South Western part of Nigeria, quoting Osundefender?

Can you show where I have ever quoted the news source in relation to anything negative towards you, your ethnic group, State or region of origin?

Furthermore, can you show where I have ever had a problem with you quoting news sources from your State or region when they present positive news? What you will never see is that all your utterance just show aberrant behaviour you should be seeking help for. Otherwise, why would it be someone from the SE lividly angry that a south-Westerner is quoting a South-Western news source over positive news related to the South West?

Even if Osundefender and Gbawe are lying, what has that to do with you? Is the lie against your father's household? Why not let the stakeholders on Nairaland, i.e people of the SW, 'deal' with me and Osundefender? Why is it your headache?

You just don't appreciate how mentally unhealthy you sound speaking as if I do something wrong when the sad reality is that you and others like you are the one with mental issues. You need prayers dude. I will continue to discuss positive development in the Nigerian States and region I am connected with while staying out of your business even as you obsess about mine. Get mental help if that bothers you.

Fellow forumers, below is the front page of Osundefender today. Now why would anyone from the SE, to the point of foaming at the mouth, have a problem with me quoting any news from that news source today? Some people should just admit to themselves that they have serious issues.

http://www.osundefender.org/

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Aksonman: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1:

Can we all agree this poster is an unexposed monkey?

No, but your Daddy is.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Delafruita(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Go to Lagos and see some of the newly built Fashola markets.

Go to mile 3 and mile 1 markets in Port harcourt. Those should be the minimum standards acceptable now.
how much do you think oyo states generates from IGR?how much do you think they receive from FAAC?please be objective.its good to start projects that can be finished and not try to compete with states that have far more resources at their disposal
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Delafruita(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
slimyem: I guessed all those already.I just thought there might be some other valid reason for her name calling this man of his people.
which man of the people?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for letting me know how effective I am in putting BIG holes to the balloon of LIES and propaganda that you ACN guys spout here and elsewhere.
What else could someone desire as encouragement for his chosen path. Again thanks!!!

BTW, are you talking about yourself as a lunatic seeing you also post in "bold red font" after HYPOCRITE-ically complaining a few weeks back for doing it

I should have known the stuff ACN guys are made of- HYPOCRISY!!!

Illiterate. This is why I used "inappropriately" to qualify your use of large red fonts.Others use it but you deploy it garishly, irrelevantly and without the finesse to know that it should be for accentuating a highly valid point.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Ikengawo: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
9jadelta: so, what do you want them to build? twin tower for market women? smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrlKdxbMxaI

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by badassnigga(m): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akson man: When other PDP controlled cities like Uyo, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Kaduna, Onitsha and Aba are busy pursuing and attracting the likes of Shoprite and Walmart,this is what ACN is celebrating in 2013?

The south-west should just be grateful that Lagos was once Nigeria's federal capital all through an Oil boom era. If not,the skyline of Lagos would have been same as that of most Yoruba cities-dotted with rusted brown zinc rooftops.
#Pity

I guess u r talking through ur anus.
what av u got in Abia, enboyi n others. av been to those state ...they r nothing to write home bro which explain why u lots cant stay there
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akson man:

No, but your Daddy is.

Do you want us to bring your family into this discussion?

You're ignorant please stop talking, if you don't know that there are malls in Ibadan please stop commenting already before we review how your mother whores around town.

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by adexsimply(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1:

Do you want us to bring your fammily into this discussion?

You're ignorant please stop talking, if you don't know that there are malls in ibadan please stop commenting already before we review how your mother whores around town.
gangan!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
bad_ass_nigga:

I guess u r talking through ur anus.
what av u got in Abia, enboyi n others. av been to those state ...they r nothing to write home bro which explain why u lots can staunch in there

You should try and ignore illiterates. South African-owned and run Shoprite will never be celebrated as a model to replace domestic markets for anyone, even moderately well-educated, who appreciates that we must still support our market traders for now till the socio-economic mix evolves to the extent of catching up with what obtains in the West where all shopping needs is catered for by one-stop supermarkets like Asda, Walmart, Tesco et al.

Sad the level of ignorance one has to contend with on this forum. The sad thing is that some of them will actually learn from others if they are not too far gone in the sort of ethnic hatred that means they have have no interest in conquering ignorance.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Delafruita(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akson man:

Enugu already has a modern mall housing Shoprite,cinemas etc. Aba and Owerri currently have Shoprite malls under construction.
Ibadan?
you need to see a doctor asap to ascertain your state of health

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Delafruita:
now they built a market which allows the women stay rent-free for three months.when they decide to build a multibillion naira market which would require the women to pay massive rent,na una go still complain.

this is a great step from the government of oyo state

This money issue is old stale gist.. Fashola has proven that anything is possible. A good 30 - 50 year build, operate and transfer PPP agreement could have built a world class market there. Do we have to spell everything out for these fucktards we call Governors? A 30 year lease agreement can be reached with the traders where they pay a certain agreed amount everyday/week/month over a period to cover the costs of their shops. After all, after 3 months, even these shops would have to be paid for eventually.

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by gramci: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

You are always talking of Osundefender. Has the news source ever shown interest in what you and your father or brother are doing? No.

This is a news source primarily concerned about reportage to do with Osun State and the SW. Many like that exist worldwide. They don't spread propaganda against you and your household so why are you so mad? Or is the real issue to do with how you hate hearing anything positive about the SW?

Has anyone asked the news sources in your States not to do same?

Why , if you do not have 'issues', it is you who is not from the SW who has the biggest problem with me, A Yoruba from the South Western part of Nigeria, quoting Osundefender?

Can you show where I have ever quoted the news source in relation to anything negative towards you, your ethnic group, State or region of origin?

Furthermore, can you show where I have ever had a problem with you quoting news sources from your State or region when they present positive news? What you will never see is that all your utterance just show aberrant behaviour you should be seeking help for. Otherwise, why would it be someone from the SE lividly angry that a south-Westerner is quoting a South-Western news source over positive news related to the South West?

Even if Osundefender and Gbawe are lying, what has that to do with you? Is the lie against your father's household? Why not let the stakeholders on Nairaland, i.e people of the SW, 'deal' with me and Osundefender? Why is it your headache?

You just don't appreciate how mentally unhealthy you sound speaking as if I do something wrong when the sad reality is that you and others like you are the one with mental issues. You need prayers dude. I will continue to discuss positive development in the Nigerian States and region I am connected with while staying out of your business even as you obsess about mine. Get mental help if that bothers you.

Fellow forumers, below is the front page of Osundefender today. Now why would anyone from the SE, to the point of foaming at the mouth, have a problem with me quoting any news from that news source today? Some people should just admit to themselves that they have serious issues.

http://www.osundefender.org/

Am not interested osundefender's headline as long as it is restricted to a particular region, but when you present bogus data from osundefender capturing states outside your region on a forum like NL then am duty bound to point it out. So please save me your long sermon.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

This money issue is old stale gist.. Fashola has proven that anything is possible. A good 30 - 50 year build, operate and transfer PPP agreement could have built a world class market there. Do we have to spell everything out for these fucktards we call Governors? A 30 year lease agreement can be reached with the traders where they pay a certain agreed amount everyday/week/month over a period to cover the costs of their shops. After all, after 3 months, even these shops would have to be paid for eventually.

You're right bro, and I believe he's actually doing something like that, the market to be constructed at dugbe alawo is going to be built and managed by a foreign coy, but as at last I saw the place, they've only cleared the place and nothing has happpened there.

Still, you have your point, it could have been better, sometimes we tend to see things in terms of how it was and how it is now not how it ought to be, back when it was still free for all, we could have even dare dream of a grandeous market when even the smallest stall has not been built.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by deshclones(m): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
madam_oringo: What are ibo governors doing?

Hope you are okay??

Have you eaten??

Is it the weather or you skipped your drugs as usual??

what in fccks name are you on about?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
gramci:

Am not interested osundefender's headline as long as it is restricted to a particular region, but when you present bogus data from osundefender capturing states outside your region on a forum like NL then am duty bound to point it out. So please save me your long sermon.

Joker. Next time, mind your own business and stop hiding behind lies to disguise your unhealthy obsession with others. I have absolutely no interest in what is going on down your end except to wish the very best for you and yours. As a secure and focused person, you won't see my nose in the affair of anyone/anything I am not connected with. I am a balanced and fulfilled person who has his own issues to ambitiously worry about. I am happy to let others discuss and deal with their issues as they see fit.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by funnyx(m): 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

I don't need google to know what grocery markets and flea markets look like my guy. I have lived in all these places you listed and more and can tell you that neither the UK, U.S, France, Italy or Canada builds crap like this except its like bus park or something like that.

I also never said we should copy the west in everything, stop lying.. But even if I did, it's not such a bad thing. After all, people like you go there and start talking SHIIT about how under developed we are. Then you come home and celebrate this rubbish.

I have also set a vision 2020 - 2030 goal which I hope we can achieve. And in this future, markets like this is what I want to see at the lowest grassroot villages, not Ibadan or any other major city.

What types of market are you talking about? I have lived in the UK for nearly a decade, being to other parts of Europe and North America local malls meant to sell groceries are built like sheds there's no need to build a world class mall for the purpose of serving people within a particular area.
The mall is meant to serve people living around ring road/challenge/felele area, already these people operates illegal market around challenge especially in the old total petrol station, the idea is to move them to scout camp and free that area from these traders activities.

The problem with you and your liked is once you harbour hatred against someone you can never see anything good in what they do. You do not live in Ibadan neither do you know the demand of the people local to the area yet you deem it fit to criticise what you know nothing about, I just hope you're not like this in real life.

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
funnyx:

What types of market are you talking about? I have lived in the UK for nearly a decade, being to other parts of Europe and North America local malls meant to sell groceries are built like sheds there's no need to build a world class mall for the purpose of serving people within a particular area.
The mall is meant to serve people living around ring road/challenge/felele area, already these people operates illegal market around challenge especially in the old total petrol station, the idea is to move them to scout camp and free that area from these traders activities.

The problem with you and your liked is once you harbour hatred against someone you can never see anything good in what they do. You do not live in Ibadan neither do you know the demand of the people local to the area yet you deem it fit to criticise what you know nothing about, I just hope you're not like this in real life.

[b]Bros.. I have been to Ibadan, I even have pictures and I can honestly understand why this market would be such a big deal for you inhabitants of Ibadan. Una never see wetin real development is all about. I mean, you even called that canopy a 'mall'. grin

I noticed that you guys are way way behind on everything in Nigeria. I don't hate Ibadan people, I'm only advocating that you guys start building for the future you want. Uyo was once like Ibadan until the present government came and pushed them 10 years ahead of where they were. Proper world class roads et al.

I may not live in Ibadan, but I can project the demands of the people. But I'm not about satisfying the needs of the people for today, it's all about the future, and that's where your mind should be. The fact that there was an illegal market there previously does not make this canopy shed anymore appealing. If we must achieve the future we want to see, then we must start working towards that. First of all remove all thoughts of tribalism from this discussion and let's look at it objectively. You may be impressed, but I'm not. Someone in Abuja wouldn't be, someone in Lagos wouldn't be either.

I'm sorry but the over meant could have done better.. If you can, bring us the budget for this crap and let's tackle it from there and see of this was not penny wise, pound foolish.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
funnyx:

my point exactly. i don't live in Ibadan though but i like objective and meaningful criticism

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
funnyx:

Thank you o oga. All these people saying shoprite etc, how many people in Ibadan can afford to shop there. Supermarkets are different from open markets. And Ibadan has supermarkets too. Open markets are needed. My grandmum's don't want to climb stairs to go and sell their wares.
In all my years in Europe,I learnt that the cheapest places to shop and get good food from was in the open markets. Every European country has such.

Without seeing this market live, you can't criticize.
Good job to the governor. Gbagi, Aleshinloye, Bodija markets etc are overcrowded.
we need more of these
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by funnyx(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
9jadelta: my point exactly. i don't live in Ibadan though but i like objective and meaningful criticism

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, and mind you I'm not a fan of Ajimobi, in fact I criticised him when he introduced the free bus for Oyo state workers and students because I believe its not sustainable and benefits only the few. I have also criticised him for demolishing shops without providing alternatives but on this occasion I cannot but praise him for his thoughtfulness because once this mall is opened any traders caught selling on the road in that area deserves whatever punishment he gets.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by baby124: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
This is nice, and adequately fits the purpose. It should have been painted in darker colour though. Market business is not a clean business. It will create jobs for cleaners and alabaru. cheesy. Nice one Ajimobi. kiss
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by gramci: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Joker. Next time, mind your own business and stop hiding behind lies to disguise your unhealthy obsession with others. I have absolutely no interest in what is going on down your end except to wish the very best for you and yours. As a secure and focused person, you won't see my nose in the affair of anyone/anything I am not connected with. I am a balanced and fulfilled person who has his own issues to ambitiously worry about. I am happy to let others discuss and deal with their issues as they see fit.

Pathetic liar, maybe this thread and picture will help refresh your memory.
https://www.nairaland.com/1293398/osun-emerges-lowest-unemployment-rate

You go about in your sanctimonious garb spreading barefaced lies to the gullible.

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Somewhere, Okija-Juju's head is buried in shame!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Bofemsky(f): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
emiye:

You will do well to ignore him, he is a certified troll on this thread going by his post.

The market has fire service stations,Police stations, health centres, Warehouses, car/trailer parks, modern abattoir, units of borehole water, toilet/bathroom facilities,.....e.t.c .

It is free of charge to displaced market men/women for the first three months, thereafter they pay a token for maintenance of market.

Other neighbourhood markets of such standard is being built across the state.
You have said well, the guy is definitely becoming a nuisance!
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
gramci:

Pathetic liar, maybe this thread and picture will help refresh your memory.

You go about in your sanctimonious garb spreading barefaced lies to the gullible.

Yoy are still a sad cretin. I quoted a well-referenced source and you are foaming at the mouth disproportionately because Osun is represented in a positive light. Are we not back to the coco of the matter i.e any positive news about the SW draws out rants of jealous rage from you and you ilk?

The sad truth is that you are just a repellent creature of hate otherwise what are you doing on this thread mentioning that I quote osundefenders when you have nothing at all to say about the topic? You cannot hide your 'issues'. To do that you would have to mind your business which is totally impossible for folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Bofemsky(f): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

So because they are market women, they don't deserve to sell in proper big mall type market abi?

Your problem my friend is that you are condescending. You already referred to them as 'market women', worthy of nothing good.
Why don't you keep mute if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute on this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bofemsky: Why don't you keep mute if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute on this thread!

Why don't you go and suck a diick, if you don't have a sensible rebuttal to my point. angry
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Somewhere, Okija-Juju's head is buried in shame!!

cheesy cheesy

lol

Okija is sitted in his hotel bar sipping on liquor and planning on how to go about his Friday night.. wink

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by naptu2: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by naptu2: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Filmhouse Ibadan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo / Osun 2022: Dotun Babayemi Wins PDP Parallel Primary Election / ECOWAS Court Orders Benin Govt To Pay Sunday Igboho, 20m CFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.