Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years (18000 Views)

Ibadan Gets New Chief Imam / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized / Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by biafranqueen: 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
Well done Well done!
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by anonimi: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Ok son, its "LYING" not "LIEING".... Ok??

cheesy cheesy

Thanks for pointing out my error. Just cross checked to take proper note.
Greatly appreciated.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

I also seem to remember that the Aleshinloye market that is located between Dugbe and Jericho was opened in the 80s but cannot remember the exact date.
These scammers in ACN really mean this their business of LIEING to the people!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Kai !!!! Illiteracy is a b1tch. You cannot even do simple addition and subtraction to note that you have only made a mockery of your own lack of sound education by arguing against yourself with the "80s" timeline you submit. Do you not realise that if the market you claim was built in the 80s was built before 1983 then that would make the 30 years assertion absolutely correct? Dude, seriously you don't appear well to me. You lie, you make things up and you appear to see things that are not there. You need to chill.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by funnyx(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]Bros.. I have been to Ibadan, I even have pictures and I can honestly understand why this market would be such a big deal for you inhabitants of Ibadan. Una never see wetin real development is all about. I mean, you even called that canopy a 'mall'. grin

I noticed that you guys are way way behind on everything in Nigeria. I don't hate Ibadan people, I'm only advocating that you guys start building for the future you want. Uyo was once like Ibadan until the present government came and pushed them 10 years ahead of where they were. Proper world class roads et al.

I may not live in Ibadan, but I can project the demands of the people. But I'm not about satisfying the needs of the people for today, it's all about the future, and that's where your mind should be. The fact that there was an illegal market there previously does not make this canopy shed anymore appealing. If we must achieve the future we want to see, then we must start working towards that. First of all remove all thoughts of tribalism from this discussion and let's look at it objectively. You may be impressed, but I'm not. Someone in Abuja wouldn't be, someone in Lagos wouldn't be either.

I'm sorry but the over meant could have done better.. If you can, bring us the budget for this crap and let's tackle it from there and see of this was not penny wise, pound foolish.[/b]

Thank you for your concern but truly we don't need it! I was born and bred in Ibadan and I lived in the ring road area for nearly 8 years and I understand why the market is necessary.
You don't develop an economy by building big malls but by empowerment of people especially the working class and the middle class. Already there are supermarkets around challenge area to cater for the middle class, a lot of young people who are unemployed has been akin out a living by selling petty stuffs around the area, this development is ensure that they are accommodated within a confined area without causing disruption to flow of traffic. Although under a normal government this type of facility should be provided by local authorities and not by the state and shouldn't be used for political propaganda. But having said that its better than just sending these traderd parking without providing any alternatives.
As I stated earlier even in developed economies, there are markets of this type to cater for the people who needs them. In the UK we have markets like these which are open only on certain days of the week and some traders even display their wares in the open but as it is within the confinement of the market its absolutely fine.
I agree with you that we have to demand more from our govt but truly Rome was not built in a day and Oyo doesn't have the kind of resources that Akwa Ibom have so lets go slow and steady surely we'll get there.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by anonimi: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Kai !!!! Illiteracy is a b1tch. You cannot even do simple addition and subtraction to note that you have only made a mockery of your own lack of sound education by arguing against yourself with the "80s" timeline you submit of your own free will. Do you not realise that if the market you claim was built in the 80s was built before 1983 then that would make the 30 years assertion absolutely correct? Dude, seriously you don't appear well to me. You lie, you make things up and you appear to see things that are not there. You need to chill.

Why are you clutching at straws like some drowning man in the open sea

You obviously missed the part of my post about New Gbagi market opened in 1989 and sellers relocated in 1991. Is that less or more than 30 years

So maybe you should stop jumping up & down in excitement.
I guess you must have noticed I ignore your rants and insults to enable us and those whom you are trying to befuddle focus on the real issues.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
World class markets? AC fitted shops? Etc C'mon let's be realistic. We are talking about "market" here not some mall. I mean first things first, coordinated electricity supply and not generator. Most not-so-advanced countries do have a similar markets like this, Spain, Mexico, some Arab nations, Brazil, Argentina, China/Japan, India, some parts of Australia etc. I'm not saying this is the best but it sure fits its intended purpose.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

Why are you clutching at straws like some drowning man in the open sea

You obviously missed the part of my post about New Gbagi market opened in 1989 and sellers relocated in 1991. Is that less or more than 30 years

So maybe you should stop jumping up & down in excitement.
I guess you must have noticed I ignore your rants and insults to enable us and those whom you are trying to befuddle focus on the real issues.

Mumu, I am going by what you wrote literally. Suwegbe + frustrated guy = rabid dog anonimi.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
funnyx:

Thank you for your concern but truly we don't need it! I was born and bred in Ibadan and I lived in the ring road area for nearly 8 years and I understand why the market is necessary.
You don't develop an economy by building big malls but by empowerment of people especially the working class and the middle class. Already there are supermarkets around challenge area to cater for the middle class, a lot of young people who are unemployed has been akin out a living by selling petty stuffs around the area, this development is ensure that they are accommodated within a confined area without causing disruption to flow of traffic. Although under a normal government this type of facility should be provided by local authorities and not by the state and shouldn't be used for political propaganda. But having said that its better than just sending these traderd parking without providing any alternatives.
As I stated earlier even in developed economies, there are markets of this type to cater for the people who needs them. In the UK we have markets like these which are open only on certain days of the week and some traders even display their wares in the open but as it is within the confinement of the market its absolutely fine.
I agree with you that we have to demand more from our govt but truly Rome was not built in a day and Oyo doesn't have the kind of resources that Akwa Ibom have so lets go slow and steady surely we'll get there.
May you live long. May your generation never lack...

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Mumu, I am going by what you wrote literally. Suwegbe + frustrated guy = rabid dog anonimi.
Easy guys! Enough of "name-calling" and use of profane words. Life plenty outside Nairaland o! Make una take am easy.
@Gbawe,Django and Co, come join me for OPTIONS 24/7 jare, make we rock...
*Continues sipping cold beer and peppered-meat *
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by funnyx(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
rodeo0070:
May you live long. May your generation never lack...

Amen bro cool
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
funnyx:

Well-said my guy. Don't mind these ill-exposed charlatans who only go on, with their inane ideas, to validate what I said about empty and ignorant bad belle argument.

Below is the Queens market in Upton Park virtually opposite Westham Stadium. Can we not all see how ultra modern it is with robots serving customers and computers everywhere? Let us bear in mind that this is a market in the capital city, i.e London, of one of the most advanced nation of the world today.

How about Daltson London market below? look at how modern and shiny it is !!! I don't know when some of the illiterates we call fellow Nigerians will appreciate the simple concept of how things can look vastly different but still fulfil the most important duties they were created for as long as functional ability, enabling built infrastructure to deliver on its core brief, is not compromised. If a chair is minimalist, how does that make it less effective as a utilitarian sitting tool than an elaborately crafted chair?

[img]http://1.bp..com/_A9jhGrGEIfU/TAghqItiy0I/AAAAAAAAAO4/aUIoKKh2qlM/s1600/IMG_8618.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by emiye(m): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bola ige built the new Gbagi market, he was the governor of Oyo state from 1979-1983.

People found it so hard to move to the new site for some reasons like fear of low partronage e.t.c, until they were forced to.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
rodeo0070:
Easy guys! Enough of "name-calling" and use of profane words. Life plenty outside Nairaland o! Make una take am easy.
@Gbawe, come join me for OPTION 24/7 jare, make we rock...
*Continues sipping cold beer and peppered-meat *

My brother, no vex. Those I call names deserve it because we have 'history' here. They are all e-thugs. You mean option 24/7 club GRA? Bros, will definitely take you up on that when I am in town in 4 weeks time. Have fun tonight.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by rodeo0070(m): 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

My brother, no vex. Those I call names deserve it because we have 'history' here. They are all e-thugs. You mean option 24/7 club GRA? Bros, will definitely take you up on that when I am in town in 4 weeks time. Have fun tonight.

They deserved it but calling them "names" will make people feel important than who they are. No offense please.
Yes o! For GRA. Your head dey there...lol
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1:

Dude, permit to say that you're typing shyte!

How many traders do you think there are in ibadan? How many markets are to be built to accomodate all the displaced road side traders? Will the government have the resources to fund a modern mall for all the garri and tomato sellers accross oyo state?

Good thing is this though, the government don't have to build modern markets.

Reason is this, recently cocoa mall/heritage mall was opened, this is the type of modern market you're referring to I believe. In another 24 months at most, ibadan city mall along ring road too will be opened, not forgeting the cocoa shopping mall, all of these within ibadan metropolis and all very modern markets.

Gradually, these such malls will overtake smaller open air markets and we won't have needs for these types of markets anymore.

Unless if by miracle these market women can come together and form a conglomerate that can withstand shoprite for example, all of them will sadly be soon out of business.

Says who? All over the world, shopping malls have not shut down the high street market. You need exposures.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
jejet: [/b]
Says who? All over the world, shopping malls have not shut down the high street market. You need exposures.

I think you're right.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by emiye(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bofemsky: You have said well, the guy is definitely becoming a nuisance!

He is a reputed nuisance, i can see through the charade, he is suggesting central air conditioning system for a market for displaced road side traders.

Check out his sarcastic comments on Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge.

https://www.nairaland.com/950465/ogun-state-construct-air-conditioned-pedestrian/4

he was with the moniker "spirit of okija", he posted at 3:04pm & 3:45pm on may 30, 2012.

The neighbourhood markets main focus are for displaced roadside traders e.g challenge, mobil and environs market woman. The value of the total wares these women sell ranges from N500-N20,000. You dont go ahead and start building "air conditioned shops" like the clown suggested, you will have created a failed project at conceptualisation.

For the upper scale market women, something more befitting is in the offing (4,000 shopping complex)and should be completed in less than 8 months. check out this thread, it has been discussed last month. https://www.nairaland.com/1295336/oyo-wemabod-begin-construction-4000-shop.

We in oyo state have a holistic appreciation of the situation on ground, and a clown outside of the south west can not teach us innovation, Oyo state is not called a "pace setter" state for no reason.

The clown went ahead talking about mile 3 or mile 1milllion ... market in rivers state.,
i put to him, that the funny mile somtin somtin markets does not have a fire station, this neighbourhood market has one.
i put to him, that the funny mile somtin somtin markets in river state does not have a health centre, this neighbourhood market has one.

Who is that clown to tell people in the SOUTH WEST about innovation ?

Oyo state set the pace, others should watch and learn cool cool
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by emiye(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

Why do ACN people have to embellish their shine, shine, shagbe l'oju yoyo projects with LIES
Could it be because they also know these "achievements" are medicore and must qualify it in a BOGUS way somehow?

There is the New Gbagi market on the Ibadan-Ife express road, which was later named Bola Ige market by then Governor Lam Adeshina

I also seem to remember that the Aleshinloye market that is located between Dugbe and Jericho was opened in the 80s but cannot remember the exact date.
These scammers in ACN really mean this their business of LIEING to the people!!!

The New Gbagi market was built by Bola Ige , Governor of Old oyo state (1979-1983).

Go and sleep old illogical cargo, you are a disgrace to yourself and whatever nonsense you stand for.

You are always bitter as far as your posts on nairaland portends.

So after the UPN governor constructed the market in the 80's, only an ACN governor could do something similar, not even your failed PDP.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
These are one of Europe biggest market located in (Hague)Holland and Russia respectively. I think you can see the air conditioning.

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by mensdept: 12:02am On Jun 08, 2013
Even those countries, Holland and England, have their beggars and poor folks. That does not mean that we should continue to build cheap 1950 era buildings and call it development. Those countries have their own airline, and frankly, we need to beg a white man to take us back to our country (via Lufthansa, KLM, British Airway, etc).

Ibadan has virtually not changed for 30 years, and if you look at Ogun state, ABia State, Ebonyi, and a host of others, you have to wonder, are the governors actually governing or holding the people hostage as if to carry out a script?

Gbenga Daniel did absolutely nothing as governor in Ogun state, Orji Kalu and Udenwa nothing for their states, Odili and Attah nothing, and many of those northern governors, including Yar Adua in Katsina at that time, only "introduced" sharia law and nothing more.

Yet we all keep quiet and think e go betta and that's it.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by phillip4re: 12:08am On Jun 08, 2013
nigeria,when will we learn to appreciate...
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by emiye(m): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2013
mens dept: Even those countries, Holland and England, have their beggars and poor folks. That does not mean that we should continue to build cheap 1950 era buildings and call it development. Those countries have their own airline, and frankly, we need to beg a white man to take us back to our country (via Lufthansa, KLM, British Airway, etc).

Ibadan has virtually not changed for 30 years, and if you look at Ogun state, ABia State, Ebonyi, and a host of others, you have to wonder, are the governors actually governing or holding the people hostage as if to carry out a script?

Gbenga Daniel did absolutely nothing as governor in Ogun state, Orji Kalu and Udenwa nothing for their states, Odili and Attah nothing, and many of those northern governors, including Yar Adua in Katsina at that time, only "introduced" sharia law and nothing more.

Yet we all keep quiet and think e go betta and that's it.

Arm chair critic, suggest a practicable solution and stop listing a million and one problems we all know.

What do you know about ibadan 30 years ago and presently?

Have you ever stepped your foot in the city of Ibadan ? Constructive criticisms must be attached with practicable and sensible solution(s)
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by omobadan(m): 12:52am On Jun 08, 2013
I think the argument here is two folds. One applauds the building of a market while the other thinks the market should have been better designed. Both side is right. I'm glad they're moving the market people into a controlled and safe environment. But I don't like the way we always do our building designs in Nigeria. We should stop all these mediocre buildings & start making statements with our architectural designs. I thought the market should've looked better. We should learn how to do our floorings. There's no concrete or tiled flooring in the market. When rain comes, the place is gonna look messy. I hope they fix that sha. All in all, kudos to the Oyo State government.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by SEYIKP(m): 1:20am On Jun 08, 2013
Okija juju:

I don't need google to know what grocery markets and flea markets look like my guy. I have lived in all these places you listed and more and can tell you that neither the UK, U.S, France, Italy or Canada builds crap like this except its like bus park or something like that.

I also never said we should copy the west in everything, stop lying.. But even if I did, it's not such a bad thing. After all, people like you go there and start talking SHIIT about how under developed we are. Then you come home and celebrate this rubbish.

I have also set a vision 2020 - 2030 goal which I hope we can achieve. And in this future, markets like this is what I want to see at the lowest grassroot villages, not Ibadan or any other major city.
HAS YOUR NAMES IMPLIES UR PLACE SHOULD BE THE SHRINE, U ARE A FUCKING INSTIGATOR, ASSUMING U KNEW IBADAN OF 3YRS AGO U WILL NOT BE POURING THIS CRAP FROM UR TAP. IF PREVIOUS GOVERNORS HAD DONE THE SAME THING, THERE WILL NOT BE NEED 4 THIS.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by SEYIKP(m): 1:29am On Jun 08, 2013
omobadan: I think the argument here is two folds. One applauds the building of a market while the other thinks the market should have been better designed. Both side is right. I'm glad they're moving the market people into a controlled and safe environment. But I don't like the way we always do our building designs in Nigeria. We should stop all these mediocre buildings & start making statements with our architectural designs. I thought the market should've looked better. We should learn how to do our floorings. There's no concrete or tiled flooring in the market. When rain comes, the place is gonna look messy. I hope they fix that sha. All in all, kudos to the Oyo State government.
GUY THE FLOOR IS INTERLOCKED. U WANT THEM TO GO FOR ARCHITECT IN GREECE OF FRANCE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BUILD GOCERY. IF THEY WANT TO BUILD MALL THEY SHOULD NOW GO TO HEAVEN AND BRING ARCHITECT. GUY PLEASE WAKEUP FROM UR SLEEP AND APPLAUD GOOD THING DONT COPY THAT SHRINE MAN.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by omobadan(m): 2:33am On Jun 08, 2013
SEYI_KP: GUY THE FLOOR IS INTERLOCKED. U WANT THEM TO GO FOR ARCHITECT IN GREECE OF FRANCE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BUILD GOCERY. IF THEY WANT TO BUILD MALL THEY SHOULD NOW GO TO HEAVEN AND BRING ARCHITECT. GUY PLEASE WAKEUP FROM UR SLEEP AND APPLAUD GOOD THING DONT COPY THAT SHRINE MAN.

When I said architectural design, I didn't mean they should build the Taj Mahal. I was talking about building designs generally in Nigeria. I applaud what the government is doing but the flooring in the market's compound should be better than that. I didn't come here to talk bad about Oyo State or Ibadan. I love my city & state better than that.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by remarkD(m): 2:35am On Jun 08, 2013
haha I knew it!

I knew if the criticism went on it was only a matter of time before the comparison or line is drawn across the Niger to Igbos... and from there... somehow lead to Ojukwu and the Biafran war... and from there... nobody will even remember what the initial topic was. rofl.

Very predictable buncha clowns.
madam_oringo: What are ibo governors doing?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by remarkD(m): 2:45am On Jun 08, 2013
Its getting tiring and really ridiculous when you guys say no one lives in the south-east for whatever reason... especially for someone like you whom claims to have "been there (Abia & Ebonyi" ... ... what did you go to do there? if i may ask... did you seee people there at all? and how do they compare to (the number of those) in whereever it is that you reside? (if its outside south-east)...

NL should start censoring posters that post crap or ignorantly.

bad_ass_nigga:

I guess u r talking through ur anus.
what av u got in Abia, enboyi n others. av been to those state ...they r nothing to write home bro which explain why u lots cant stay there

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 5:14am On Jun 08, 2013
emiye:

The New Gbagi market was built by Bola Ige , Governor of Old oyo state (1979-1983).

Go and sleep old illogical cargo, you are a disgrace to yourself and whatever nonsense you stand for.

You are always bitter as far as your posts on nairaland portends.

So after the UPN governor constructed the market in the 80's, only an ACN governor could do something similar, not even your failed PDP.

Very shameless character. He will be back on another trade later peddling similar lies and misinformation. Some people here are really sick and twisted characters.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by shoody: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2013
Can this pessimistic dude show me any market built by t[sub][/sub]he clueless PDP govt wit all the facilities he mentioned. Thier Papa Jang could not renovate or rebuild the market structure burnt in Terminus jos till date but wants to be NGF chairman.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by ADJAMES: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2013
blink182: I totally agree with you. Mediocrity has to stop. What if it is a garri market, who would get killed if the whole thing was built like a simple mall-a large building with lock up tables, 5 or more entrances, garage for trucks, toilet facilities and the rest. This is bullshite jor!

So u want the govt to build a world class shopping mall then charge the petty traders exorbitantly for it? Then you come screaming the govt is not sensitive. Am not sure these petty traders need a city mall to sell their goods.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Gbawe: 11:02am On Jun 08, 2013
jejet: These are one of Europe biggest market located in (Hague)Holland and Russia respectively. I think you can see the air conditioning.

grin grin grin grin grin Indeed. Air-conditioning so modern, it is even dissipated by Wifi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of New SGF, NSA & Adesina / Nnamdi Kanu Phone call Exposed To The Public / Prisca Aniemeke Accuses Ned Nwoko Of Getting Her Father Godwin Aniemeke Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.