Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,631 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (207723 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2018
nurey:

Forget it, the map is unavailable for this region. If the screen is specifically for map only, I mean if the screen doesn't have any other function(s) than showing map then you replace it with a 3rd party unit.

if it has other functions you utilise your android/Ios device for map function when needed or check if there is room for another unit placement on the dash area

I absolutely wouldn't recommend a third-party headunit on an Infiniti. You're, like, 90% certain to lose your steering wheel control and possibly even climate control. Even with plug and play adapters.

I've seen someone who integrated a tablet on his center console, though. Looked really good. I'll look for a link.

Edit: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/465368-new-owner-questions.html
It's a G but it should be possible on an M.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I absolutely wouldn't recommend a third-party headunit on an Infiniti. You're, like, 90% certain to lose your steering wheel control and possibly even climate control. Even with plug and play adapters.

I've seen someone who integrated a tablet on his center console, though. Looked really good. I'll look for a link.

Edit: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/465368-new-owner-questions.html
It's a G but it should be possible on an M.

That's why I was specific, I have seen the M35 screen and it looks exactly like the 03-08 primera screen. for the primera other functions are embedded in that screen apart from map and reverse camera, so am of the opinion he tries utilising his phone which is better a 3rd party unit could make the dash area unpleasant, but what do I know

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:20am On Dec 18, 2018
nurey:

That's why I was specific, I have seen the M35 screen and it looks exactly like the 03-08 primera screen. for the primera other functions are embedded in that screen apart from map and reverse camera, so am of the opinion he tries utilising his phone which is better a 3rd party unit could make the dash area unpleasant, but what do I know

Yeah, you're absolutely correct.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by toyeoye(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
nurey:

Forget it, the map is unavailable for this region. If the screen is specifically for map only, I mean if the screen doesn't have any other function(s) than showing map then you replace it with a 3rd party unit.

if it has other functions you utilise your android/Ios device for map function when needed or check if there is room for another unit placement on the dash area

The screen has other functions and phone Bluetooth function. No unit placements and no wifi capability. The navigation asks to insert DVD disc in the slot. I know there are maps for our region and DVDs are sold on eBay.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
toyeoye:

The screen has other functions and phone Bluetooth function. No unit placements and no wifi capability. The navigation asks to insert DVD disc in the slot. I know there are maps for our region and DVDs are sold on eBay.

The navigation was updated to 2010 at best. And trust me, in 2010, no one gave a darn about Africa. Just forget it. Do what the guy in that link did. Buy a cheap tablet, install it, and use Google Maps.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Arrow144(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks very much Mr Nurey i will stick to your advice i really like the second generation Qx and it's got a monster v8 under the hood... at least it doesn't break down like other full size suvs

As for spare parts i don't mind importing from the Usa.. Infiniti is the way forward at will teach some german suvs some road manners with this sleeper v8 when i purchase.. Thanks once again sir
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2018
Can I get the current prices of a toks, clean VQ35HR and a VQ37VHR? Also, prices of the 5-speed and 7-speed Jatco auto transmissions used on Infiniti's?

Cc: Nurey, Costee
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Can I get the current prices of a toks, clean VQ35HR and a VQ37VHR? Also, prices of the 5-speed and 7-speed Jatco auto transmissions used on Infiniti's?

No idea
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
nurey:

No idea

Ok, bro. Any chance you can ask?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ok, bro. Any chance you can ask?

you go let kazeem touch that kind engine grin

apart from the infiniti M series the remaining cars using that engine are recent and rear on the roads your best bet is to enter spare part market and ask

cc Autologic, mayor123
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
nurey:

you go let kazeem touch that kind engine grin

apart from the infiniti M series the remaining cars using that engine are recent and rear on the roads your best bet is to enter spare part market and ask

cc Autologic, mayor123

Yeah, I'm not sure which other cars apart from the G, M, and EX use those engines. The VQ37, in particular, is a problem. The 35HR is under 250k, I think. But I have no idea about the VQ37, even on ebay the cheapest I found was about $1k.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, I'm not sure which other cars apart from the G, M, and EX use those engines. The VQ37, in particular, is a problem. The 35HR is under 250k, I think. But I have no idea about the VQ37, even on ebay the cheapest I found was about $1k.

if you asking because you intend to buy a vehicle that uses it, then go on and buy, I don't expect those engines to be problematic, Nissan engines are solidly built.

if you want to buy to replace you need to study the engines first like the VQ35DE was fitted in pathfinder 01-04 they skipped it in the 05-12 now fitted it into 13-recent and that makes me wonder if it's same engine and only ECU mapping is different.

The VQ37 is also fitted to FX, EX, Q50-70, QX and 370z, ok the fx and QX are same vehicle nah year them use dabaru the nomenclature

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mejai(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
Arrow144:
Thanks very much Mr Nurey i will stick to your advice i really like the second generation Qx and it's got a monster v8 under the hood... at least it doesn't break down like other full size suvs

As for spare parts i don't mind importing from the Usa.. Infiniti is the way forward at will teach some german suvs some road manners with this sleeper v8 when i purchase.. Thanks once again sir
chai... Germans don suffer o.
Just buy motor and enjoy it
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
nurey:

if you asking because you intend to buy a vehicle that uses it, then go on and buy, I don't expect those engines to be problematic, Nissan engines are solidly built.

if you want to buy to replace you need to study the engines first like the VQ35DE was fitted in pathfinder 01-04 they skipped it in the 05-12 now fitted it into 13-recent and that makes me wonder if it's same engine and only ECU mapping is different.

The VQ37 is also fitted to FX, EX, Q50-70, QX and 370z, ok the fx and QX are same vehicle nah year them use dabaru the nomenclature

I'm buying. Just trying to cover my bases, is all. Oh well, much thanks, bro.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jonnyp(m): 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Good day all...pls i want to know the meaning of this error code on Nissan MORANO 06..(1)P1800 Vias s/v circ (2)P0340 Cmp sen/circuit...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Gee2728(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
Good evening everyone. 2004 G35 owner , glad to be here. Was wondering if there's a WhatsApp group for this forum?.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by CityNGR: 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2019
Gee2728:
Good evening everyone. 2004 G35 owner , glad to be here. Was wondering if there's a WhatsApp group for this forum?.
You left German
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2019
Gee2728:

Welcome.
Cc: Costee, Nurey
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Thank you.

Welcome.
Cc: Costee, Nurey[/quote]
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MemOL: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2019
Good morning house..

Please how much does ac evaporator (the one under dashboard, passenger side) cost for a fx45 2003 model..

Thanks

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by august2224(m): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
[quote]this is an official thread for nissan & infiniti owners and admirers. Nissan and infiniti car problems would be discussed and solved here! smiley

NISSAN-a parent to infiniti, Nissan attempts to emphasize sportiness, with varying success smiley

halo, I own a Nissan Maxima 1997 model. engine and gear box are bad. I want to change to manual tranny (I intend getting the complete engine; VQ30de). pls how much is the engine?

what are the manual trans parts that I need in order to make this change possible?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by EXICON(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
Good day nurey and well done for the great job you are doing.

I drive a 2004 Nissan maxima car. It suddenly stops on its own while driving most times. I have changed the fuel pump yet the challenge still persists. What do you recommend please?

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
EXICON:
Good day nurey and well done for the great job you are doing.

I drive a 2004 Nissan maxima car. It suddenly stops on its own while driving most times. I have changed the fuel pump yet the challenge still persists. What do you recommend please?

Thanks

does it stop while car is in motion irrespective of speed or

it stops only when you slow down or depress the brake.

what was done previously on the vehicle before you started noticing the anomaly?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
nurey:

what was done previously on the vehicle before you started noticing the anomaly?
One more thing: Is the SES light on?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by EXICON(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
nurey:

It stops when car is in motion, mostly on expeess road.

The fuel pump was changed but it still continues.

Nothing was done previously on it aside the regular servicing.

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by EXICON(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
Costee:

One more thing: Is the SES light on?

The service engine soon is always showing on the dashboard even after carrying out the regular servicing on it.

What could be the cause?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
EXICON:

The service engine soon is always showing on the dashboard even after carrying out the regular servicing on it.

What could be the cause?
It's asking you to scan the car. There you'll find the answer to your issue.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by EXICON(m): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Costee:

It's asking you to scan the car. There you'll find the answer to your issue.

The initial scan done shows that the fuel pump needed to be changed, which was done.

I might just scan again as you have said.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
EXICON:

The initial scan done shows that the fuel pump needed to be changed, which was done.

I might just scan again as you have said.
Go ahead.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by EXICON(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Costee:

Go ahead.

Thanks. I will revert here with the outcome.

Regards
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
EXICON:

Thanks. I will revert here with the outcome.

Regards
Good. The codes precisely.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
EXICON:

It stops when car is in motion, mostly on expeess road.

The fuel pump was changed but it still continues.

Nothing was done previously on it aside the regular servicing.

Thanks

You are not through with your explanation. It stops on motion on express meaning it stalls on speed, when you kick it does it come on instantly or you have to let engine cool for some certain before it starts.

Also if your check engine light is on scan the vehicles for code, it may help narrow down you troubles.

Also your rpm does it dance up and down or its stable and does car vibrate extremely when cold or hot?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (87) (Reply)

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.