Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,283 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198048 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
PREORDER YOUR CAR PARTS FROM ROCKAUTO.COM, EBAY.COM, AMAZON.COM.

Check link below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/6812154/preorder-car-parts-rockauto.com-ebay.com#106909749
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ironheart(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Here is my journey into the Nissan family.

A weeks ago, I got a Nigerian abused Infiniti m35 with the VQ35DE engine. This is going to serve two purposes, 1) use this vehicle as a DIY projects while 2) using it as a daily.

I am Coming from the popular brand in Nigeria, this vehicle is a beast on the road compared to that vehicle. Even though it has been abused in Nigeria.

The day i got the vehicle, i drove hard, it drives fine. 15min after payment and driving this beast home, the vehicle will not rev, will not move. Omo my eye catch fire

Got myself a scan tool and here I'll attach some of the issues from the scan tools

If i leave rhe vehicle for a while, i discover it will pickup and drive smooth.

Today i drove it hard for 30km and it does the same limp mode stuff. My reason for driving that hard was to warmup the transmission fluid and to check the transmission level.

The transmission oil was below the hot mark. So i hope to do some oil change soon.

There are oil leak from the valve cover and from the front.

I did connect some wiring correction and doscovered new issues pop up on the scan tool. Installed the auto leveling sensor at the back. But i do not know how to calibrate it.

So far, i have been able to settle 4 issues. Bringing total number of modules without issues to 8
Initial

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good afternoon.

My Infiniti G35 returned with P0448 error for EVAP control valve shorted. Can it be responsible for the car vomiting fuel when tank is being fueled at the pump?

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
mider:
Good afternoon.

My Infiniti G35 returned with P0448 error for EVAP control valve shorted. Can it be responsible for the car vomiting fuel when tank is being fueled at the pump?

Does it "vomit" when tank is full? If it does, you have a seal problem.

Whatever the case, check for a leak.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
ironheart:
Here is my journey into the Nissan family.

A weeks ago, I got a Nigerian abused Infiniti m35 with the VQ35DE engine. This is going to serve two purposes, 1) use this vehicle as a DIY projects while 2) using it as a daily.

Welcome to the club.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ironheart(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
aieromon:

Welcome to the club.
thanks bro
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ironheart(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
Last night i couldn't drive home because the gear wouldn't shift.

I took my time to scan vehicle and discovered 3 codes

P1815 M-mode switch
P1752 input clutch solenoid
P1754 I/C solenoid function
Drained the transmission fluid it was burnt and black. And it smell like dexron iii atf, it looked like someone was inside the transmission earlier and i had to clean the circuit. Changed the solenoids.

Drove for 20km, gear stopped slipping, scan for code and no code came up. Car drives like a beast.

I used dexron iii atf to fill up. I was skeptical about the car moving. Didn't want to put my money into a money pit. Until i can verify that the transmission is fixed and no more codes for some few days. I'll get a transmission oil cooler and swap the oil for nissan matic s fluid

3 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ironheart(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
mider:
Good afternoon.

is the fuel coming from under the vehicle?

Try removing your back seat and check if you notice any leak there
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2022
ChristineC:

and what tire size can raise the car without problems? it runs a 225/50R17 and 225/55R17, the normal factory size.
on this tire thing, someone put another set of tires and sent me pictures. looks good and didn't rub with junk in the trunk. this is a 235/65R17
a 235/70R17 also went in the rear with no problem.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by paking(m): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good evening, guys! Please I need assistance on my altima nissan 2003 automatic transmission.

I travelled on a long journey with the car on Thursday, drove for like 4 hours. While on the journey, I perceived a light smell of burnt oil. On Friday morning, the drive gear didn't engage. I put it in drive for over 30 minutes it didn't engage. Reverse is engaging perfectly. The gear oil is not smelling burnt now.

I had similar experience early January when I travelled with the car. The drive was taking long to engage after the journey. The gear was serviced by changing the oil and cleaning the filter and the drive started engaging.

This time around the drive is not engaging at all. Reverse is engaging. There is enough oil in the gear and it's not smelling burnt.

Please what is the problem with the transmission and the likely solution?

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:46am On Apr 03, 2022
paking:

I had similar experience early January when I travelled with the car. The drive was taking long to engage after the journey. The gear was serviced by changing the oil and cleaning the filter and the drive started engaging.

This time around the drive is not engaging at all. Reverse is engaging. There is enough oil in the gear and it's not smelling burnt.

What gear oil did you use?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by paking(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2022
aieromon:

What gear oil did you use?

Holt
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
paking:

Holt

If you can afford it, drain and refill with Nissan Matic D or Liqui Moly Top Tec 1200.

You risk damaging the trans with low quality fluids.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by paking(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
aieromon:

If you can afford it, drain and refill with Nissan Matic D or Liqui Moly Top Tec 1200.

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by michaelok(m): 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please which ECU would work in my Nissan Altima 04

CHASIS NO: 1N4AL11D85C150968

ENGINE NO: 678947ZQR25
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
michaelok:
Please which ECU would work in my Nissan Altima 04

Model Year is 2005

MEC35-523 A1 XXXX
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 12:08am On Apr 07, 2022
aieromon:

where do you repair your vehicle?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Channel54: 3:47am On Apr 07, 2022
paking:

Holt

How can you use Holt instead of the recommended transmission fluid and tomorow people will start bad mouthing Nissan cars.U will be lucky if the damage has not been done already.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
ChristineC:
where do you repair your vehicle?

Mechanic Village
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
aieromon:
Mechanic Village
Ok. is it the one at Yaba?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
ChristineC:
Ok. is it the one at Yaba?

Oh no, the one in Gudu, Abuja
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
aieromon:

Oh no, the one in Gudu, Abuja
oh wow. thanks.

I have a question.
what can make kick down sluggish occasionally? like the vehicle wants to stall but never stalls? it rarely happens though.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
ChristineC:
oh wow. thanks.

I have a question.
what can make kick down sluggish occasionally? like the vehicle wants to stall but never stalls? it rarely happens though.

A number of reasons
Dirty MAF
Dirty throttle body
Dirty engine air filter
Failing fuel pump
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
aieromon:

A number of reasons
Dirty MAF
Dirty throttle body
Dirty engine air filter
Failing fuel pump
thanks boss
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, please does anyone have a contact of a good electrician for inifiniti in Lagos. Kindly help scattered contact

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by llade(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
Please can we form a whatsapp group or a telegram group. That will be helpful too for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by masterblogger(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
llade:
Please can we form a whatsapp group or a telegram group. That will be helpful too for us.

Am interested. Please any WhatsApp or telegram group for nisaan users .
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 12:25am On Apr 10, 2022
llade:

Kingreign, oya come add these people to your group.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 12:25am On Apr 10, 2022
masterblogger:

Am interested. Please any WhatsApp or telegram group for nisaan users .

Kingreign, oya come add these people to your group.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FlippersCare123(m): 12:55am On Apr 11, 2022
qualified Panelbeaters, highly experienced panelbeater & apprentices, together with the top- notch equipment, Panelbeaters to repair your vehicle to “pre-accident” condition, totally erasing that mishap that lead to the damage Our service are: Chassis Straightening Panelbeating & Repairs Spray Painting Parts & Assembly Polishing & Detailing Auto Valet & Cleaning Suspension Repairs Windscreen Replacement Autotrimming & Upholstery Towing & Storage Our Guarantees::: We stand behind every repair we complete. This is why flippers Care Auto Lab is proud to offer the following Guarantees on Workmanship and Paintwork. call or Whatsapp // 09073027745 Location: Lagos surulere
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dadebayo1(m): 6:19am On Apr 22, 2022
Thanks to everyone here.. please I have an issue with my Nissan Altima 2006 2.5s The car at intervals goes into limp mode. It will not just accelerate no matter how much I press the pedal.. Will have to park and wait a little bit to allow car cool down before it starts moving normally again.. After a while the car goes back into limp mode and I have to repeat the park wait to cool down then start process again. I have been to various mechanics with no solution. Please someone should kindly help. The following codes came up when car was scanned..

P0335
P0731
P0732
P2119
P0037
P0128
P2135
P0031

Thank you. Location is Ibadan
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ironheart(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
dadebayo1:
Thanks to everyone here.. please I have an issue with my Nissan Altima 2006 2.5s The car at intervals goes into limp mode. It will not just accelerate no matter how much I press the pedal.. Will have to park and wait a little bit to allow car cool down before it starts moving normally again.. After a while the car goes back into limp mode and I have to repeat the park wait to cool down then start process again. I have been to various mechanics with no solution. Please someone should kindly help. The following codes came up when car was scanned..

P0335
P0731
P0732
P2119
P0037
P0128
P2135
P0031

Thank you. Location is Ibadan

Start by eliminating the probable cause.

I realise nissan vehicle are very sensitive. first thing first, wash the fuel filter, and clean the injector.
Check that mechanic have not cut wires and join at different locations

Then change the cam position sensor to be sure you having proper reading. You'll be shock that all these codes are linked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.