Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198656 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2022
walsa:
please I need help from car talk gurus and technicians in the house ... please help me tag anybody you know that can help

I own a Nissan Frontier 2003 .. after 2 years the engine start smoking and giving various problem , I bought another engine but still the same problem then my mechanics advice me to convert the engine to Benz c class engine .. they buy it and it works perfectly fine my problem now is the car is now sluggish, very slow to my liking... am planning to change it back to Nissan engine ... I need help which type of engine should I buy and what are the things I should look out for ... if you can help I’ll be very grateful...they said Nissan have 3 type of engine which one is the best ... plz your advice is needed

Is your frontier 4cylinder or 6cylinder?

The KA24, VG30 and VG33 are very solid engines which were fitted to the kingcab b4 nissan switched to frontier.

Except maybe yours was fitted with diesel engine.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by walsa(m): 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
nurey:

Is your frontier 4cylinder or 6cylinder?

The KA24, VG30 and VG33 are very solid engines which were fitted to the kingcab b4 nissan switched to frontier.

Except maybe yours was fitted with diesel engine.
6 cylinder
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by RuneKingThor: 6:13am On Aug 03, 2022
walsa:
please I need help from car talk gurus and technicians in the house ... please help me tag anybody you know that can help

I own a Nissan Frontier 2003 .. after 2 years the engine start smoking and giving various problem , I bought another engine but still the same problem then my mechanics advice me to convert the engine to Benz c class engine .. they buy it and it works perfectly fine my problem now is the car is now sluggish, very slow to my liking... am planning to change it back to Nissan engine ... I need help which type of engine should I buy and what are the things I should look out for ... if you can help I’ll be very grateful...they said Nissan have 3 type of engine which one is the best ... plz your advice is needed
All this engine you are buying, na 5k them dey sell am?

I think it's high time you change your mechanic. No go let person use you start estate.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
walsa:
6 cylinder

Change your mechanic
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by walsa(m): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
nurey:

Change your mechanic
Thanks bro
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by vitality22(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Pls I need help oo, when I start my Nissan Pathfinder, it will start but it will not fire. Even if I depress the throttle, it won't fire. Pls what could be the issue. Pls help a brother. It's a Nissan Pathfinder 2006. No matter how much you press the throttle pedal, it won't raise the sound of the car.
Pls any help biko,na beg I dey beg pls
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
vitality22:
Pls I need help oo, when I start my Nissan Pathfinder, it will start but it will not fire. Even if I depress the throttle, it won't fire. Pls what could be the issue. Pls help a brother. It's a Nissan Pathfinder 2006. No matter how much you press the throttle pedal, it won't raise the sound of the car.

Scan that car.
However I’m suspecting three components.
Throttle pedal sensor, throttle body or ECU.

Where is your location?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chadrain: 10:27am On Aug 08, 2022
vitality22:

Have you scanned the car?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by luuvv: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Please can I use oando dexron lll for infiniti qx4 2001 model?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by abraham19980: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good day Everyone,

I have an Infiniti Qx4 and recently I’ve been noticing some issues, when I drive for a while, the car becomes very hot and starts slowing down. No matter how I press down the throttle, the car still doesn’t move fast.

Just 2 days ago, I was in traffic and after 2 hours the car started jerking and as I was pressing the throttle to move, it was slowing down even more. I can’t even use the A/c because I’m scared that the car would get too hot and starts malfunctioning.

I also noticed that the car shakes to much, if I’m driving in a road that’s not too smooth, it gives a screeching noises as if everywhere in the car is shaking. It even makes noises and shakes on a smooth road.

When I’m driving, the car moves as if the tyres are not connected to the body of the car. The car tyres always make noise.

I also noticed that the silencer shakes too much, any little shake that car does, the silencer makes noise as if it hits something.

When I driving in a road that’s not even, sometimes the rear right tyre just drops to the ground completely as if it’s not connected to the car and this makes the car swirl.

Anytime I complain, the mechanic keeps telling me there’s nothing wrong with the car etc. the car is old etc. I’m tired cos I’m spending the little money I have to repair but I don’t seems to see any changes.

Please I need someone to do a full check on the car.

I stay at Surulere
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Benarding12: 10:37am On Aug 11, 2022
Hi all, I have an 04 nissan altima that's starting to use a lot of oil. it smokes (bluish white) when I start it after it's been parked for long, it also smokes under heavy acceleration or when I accelerate suddenly showing oil is burning, my mechanic is suspecting a worn cylinder or rings, but I know quite a number of things could be causing this...No error codes when scanned, PCV checked and works fine, drives fine, getting a bit sluggish to acceleration beyond 80km/hr with oil burning smell as I think oil is beginning to clog the exhaust....

Any idea beyond what the mechanic has suggested?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Benarding12: 10:37am On Aug 11, 2022
Benarding12:
Hi all, I have an 04 nissan altima that's starting to use a lot of oil. it smokes (bluish white) when I start it after it's been parked for long, it also smokes under heavy acceleration or when I accelerate suddenly showing oil is burning, my mechanic is suspecting a worn cylinder or rings, but I know quite a number of things could be causing this...No error codes when scanned, PCV checked and works fine, drives fine, getting a bit sluggish to acceleration beyond 80km/hr with oil burning smell as I think oil is beginning to clog the exhaust....

@nurey
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chadrain: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2022
abraham19980:
Good day Everyone,

I have an Infiniti Qx4 and recently I’ve been noticing some issues, when I drive for a while, the car becomes very hot and starts slowing down. No matter how I press down the throttle, the car still doesn’t move fast.

Just 2 days ago, I was in traffic and after 2 hours the car started jerking and as I was pressing the throttle to move, it was slowing down even more. I can’t even use the A/c because I’m scared that the car would get too hot and starts malfunctioning.

I also noticed that the car shakes to much, if I’m driving in a road that’s not too smooth, it gives a screeching noises as if everywhere in the car is shaking. It even makes noises and shakes on a smooth road.

When I’m driving, the car moves as if the tyres are not connected to the body of the car. The car tyres always make noise.

I also noticed that the silencer shakes too much, any little shake that car does, the silencer makes noise as if it hits something.

When I driving in a road that’s not even, sometimes the rear right tyre just drops to the ground completely as if it’s not connected to the car and this makes the car swirl.

Anytime I complain, the mechanic keeps telling me there’s nothing wrong with the car etc. the car is old etc. I’m tired cos I’m spending the little money I have to repair but I don’t seems to see any changes.

Please I need someone to do a full check on the car.

I stay at Surulere

Message me on whatsapp. 08143701434
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jceesquare(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Benarding12:

Run a compression test on all cylinder. I suspect your mechanic is right and your engine is loosing compression if it struggles to accelerate beyond 80km/hr.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
Greetings everyone
Pls who have review on Nissan Serena 2.0, I'm about buying on but I am skeptical as someone said it's only the 1.8l engine is okay..

Pls any honest review
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Greetings everyone
Pls who have review on Nissan Serena 2.0, I'm about buying on but I am skeptical as someone said it's only the 1.8l engine is okay..

Pls any honest review

Which year model are you looking at?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2022
kingreign:

Which year model are you looking at?

Year 2000/2001

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Year 2000/2001

I guess you intend using it for commercial purposes or to transport goods. I personally will go for the 2.0 SR20DE. That same engine has been used in almera and nissan sunny of 1991-2000 it’s a timing chain but the GA16 engine is iron block which I know is more rugged but the power is lower.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 8:11am On Aug 28, 2022
kingreign:

I guess you intend using it for commercial purposes or to transport goods. I personally will go for the 2.0 SR20DE. That same engine has been used in almera and nissan sunny of 1991-2000 it’s a timing chain but the GA16 engine is iron block which I know is more rugged but the power is lower.

Omo!
I'm lost, not too good with car stuff, actuallty first was aa golf 3,used for aa year and about switching to the above, pln use for family purpose, aand also to pick up few poultry feed and eggs periodically

Where is ur location pls?
And Caan I have ur number pls for better clarification
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:14am On Aug 28, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Omo!
I'm lost, not too good with car stuff, actuallty first was aa golf 3,used for aa year and about switching to the above, pln use for family purpose, aand also to pick up few poultry feed and eggs periodically

Where is ur location pls?
And Caan I have ur number pls for better clarification

Call me by 3pm
I am in church now.
Don’t call me now.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2022
kingreign:

Call me by 3pm
I am in church now.
Don’t call me now.

Noted..
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by luuvv: 3:17am On Aug 29, 2022
Good day people
My infiniti qx4 always jerks whenever I'm on speed of 40km/hr upward. I noticed that it happens whenever I remove my leg from the throttle pedal most times.

If I'm accelerating, I won't experience it. I was told to check my fuel filter, fuel pump net, nozzles and plugs, I checked and all are fine.

Please help.

The temperature gauge gets to almost the peak within 10mins of driving and stops at almost the red line but the radiator does not show a sign of boiling water. I don't know if the temperature sensor is bad or its gasket.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Jimraz4: 4:30am On Aug 29, 2022
Good morning my car Gurus in the house. I use Nissan Almera 2000. My problem started when the car started shorting engine oil. My mechanic recommended that I should ring the engine.
I told him am skeptical about the idea, but when I ask for the price of new engine it's on a high side so I opted for the ringing which cost me 50k. After the ringing I discovered the car temperature is rising even on short distances. Have not travelled far with the car after the ringing.

Pls I need advice on what could be the issue and solution, plus the engine makes more noise unlike before. Like when i reach my destination and put the gear on park. The engine makes noise like am reving it but am not.

Pls I need your advice. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by greenermodels: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2022
Good day car gurus, I want to buy a 2013 Nissan frontier for family and business use. Do you consider it a good choice?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2022
luuvv:
Good day people
My infiniti qx4 always jerks whenever I'm on speed of 40km/hr upward. I noticed that it happens whenever I remove my leg from the throttle pedal most times.

If I'm accelerating, I won't experience it. I was told to check my fuel filter, fuel pump net, nozzles and plugs, I checked and all are fine.

Please help.

The temperature gauge gets to almost the peak within 10mins of driving and stops at almost the red line but the radiator does not show a sign of boiling water. I don't know if the temperature sensor is bad or its gasket.

For jerking, check engine and transmission mounts, check lower arms and trailing arms too.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:21am On Aug 29, 2022
greenermodels:
Good day car gurus, I want to buy a 2013 Nissan frontier for family and business use. Do you consider it a good choice?

It’s a great choice!
Just ensure it has an external transmission cooler attached

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
kingreign:

Thanks For your advise, I'm welcoming the baby home on Monday,
Which engine oil will you recommend and should it be emptied and changed immediately I get hime?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by rukyboy(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Good day house. I'm about buying a Nigerian used 2012 Nissan Rogue.

I did some research and discovered the CVT transmission is prone to failure.

I need advice. Is it a good car to buy? Are rge parts available?

What would it cost to replace the transmission if it fails. Or can it be repaired??

Thanks!.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by luuvv: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
Please what's the best engine oil for infiniti qx4 2001 model?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
luuvv:
Please what's the best engine oil for infiniti qx4 2001 model?

Best engine oil is subjective and highly dependent on your budget.

Nissan recommends 5W-30. If the SUV has already been Nigerianised, please stick to 20W-50. Total and Mobil stand out in this class weight.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by luuvv: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2022
aieromon:

Best engine oil is subjective and highly dependent on your budget.

Nissan recommends 5W-30. If the SUV has already been Nigerianised, please stick to 20W-50. Total and Mobil stand out in this class weight.
Thank you so much for the reply, the car has been nigerianised. Visco 2000 for some years now. The mileage is 86k but I'm thinking of switching to 10w40. On the other hand, I'm considering 20w50 from castrol or Shell. Pls advise.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2022
luuvv:
Thank you so much for the reply, the car has been nigerianised. Visco 2000 for some years now. The mileage is 86k but I'm thinking of switching to 10w40. On the other hand, I'm considering 20w50 from castrol or Shell. Pls advise.

Stick to 20W-50.

Castrol and Shell are also good brands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.