Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198322 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 1:01am On Dec 08, 2021
mider:

Thanks for your response.

The dtc codes are P0455 and P0021

Your OCV valve needs attention. And your Evap system needs to be checked. There's a large leak on the system.
Where is your car located?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 4:35am On Dec 08, 2021
kingreign:

Your OCV valve needs attention. And your Evap system needs to be checked. There's a large leak on the system.

I am in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2021
mider:

I had my Service Engine Soon light come on yesterday, so I took it to my mech for scanning. The code was P0455 and it showed my petrol tank cap wasn’t properly covered. So, I covered it and the light went off ASAP.
Check if your petrol tank cap is covered properly. If you get to a fuel station, ensure you cover your tank yourself and make sure it clicks well.

For that P0021 code, I’m suspecting your camshaft needs to be serviced or changed. If your camshaft is bad, your car will drag and the check engine light will come on.

Confirm if your check engine light and service engine soon light are on.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2021
kingreign:

I guess you meant PCV valve
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Philadelphia:

I guess you meant PCV valve

OCV solenoid.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 11:05am On Dec 08, 2021
Philadelphia:

I had my Service Engine Soon light come on yesterday, so I took it to my mech for scanning. The code was P0455 and it showed my petrol tank cap wasn’t properly covered. So, I covered it and the light went off ASAP.
Check if your petrol tank cap is covered properly. If you get to a fuel station, ensure you cover your tank yourself and make sure it clicks well.

For that P0021 code, I’m suspecting your camshaft needs to be serviced or changed. If your camshaft is bad, your car will drag and the check engine light will come on.

Confirm if your check engine light and service engine soon light are on.

Thanks.

Check engine light is not on but service engine soon is on
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2021
mider:

Thanks.

Check engine light is not on but service engine soon is on

Check your petrol cover and see if the o-ring is worn out. You may need to replace is. This is the most basic fix for that SES light
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 10:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Philadelphia:

Check your petrol cover and see if the o-ring is worn out. You may need to replace is. This is the most basic fix for that SES light

I wanted to fill my tank over the weekend and then I realized fuel was leaking from somewhere around the tank. I guess that’s the reason for the P0455 error.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mider: 10:34am On Dec 13, 2021
kingreign:

OCV solenoid.

Is it same thing as VVT solenoid?

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
mider:

yes
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by autologic: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
mider:

Try to click the vvt solenoid first with battery to confirm its integrity first before replacing, as not all p0021 means solenoid is bad .
Quality of engine oil, dirts in engine oil ,bad vvt actuator,jumped base timing etc are also parts of elements to consider for the code.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
mider:

Did you see where I mentioned your camshaft in my previous quote to you
I’m sure you already got the answers you seek. Your final Decius will ultimately determine the fate of your car.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by autologic: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Philadelphia:

Did you see where I mentioned your camshaft in my previous quote to you
I’m sure you already got the answers you seek. Your final Decius will ultimately determine the fate of your car.
Camshaft for P0021 ? Where ? How ? shocked
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
autologic:

Camshaft for P0021 ? Where ? How ? shocked
You have the code and the symptom to contend with; not me bro
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
adaenwa:
Good evening, how is the Infiniti fx45? They said it is a V8 and drinks fuel, but no problem. What I want to know is if it is reliable and will not be breaking down on the road.

Tbh, I don't think you know what you're getting into.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
mider:

You have an engine timing issue
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Tbh, I don't think you know what you're getting into.

Should we tell him? grin grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by RandyX: 12:12am On Dec 17, 2021
Hi Infiniti/Nissan gurus,

I plan to purchase a 2004 infiniti FX35 soon. What are some of its common problem areas or things that you suggest I look out for during inspection?

And can anyone pls recommend a sound infiniti fx35 mechanic based in Festac or environs to go along with me to diagnose the vehicle?

Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by DMechyy: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2021
RandyX:
Hi Infiniti/Nissan gurus,

I plan to purchase a 2004 infiniti FX35 soon. What are some of its common problem areas or things that you suggest I look out for during inspection?

And can anyone pls recommend a sound infiniti fx35 mechanic based in Festac or environs to go along with me to diagnose the vehicle?

Thanks.

Get a competent tech to inspect.

- Look out for rust
- Scan and check fault codes
- Test drive, long enough to make to car hot to test the transmission and reveal underlying overheating problem
- Check if accidented
- Any noise from the engine
- Factor in suspension and steering problem
- Check the booth, you will probably see the problem the current owner is experiencing

Most importantly, don't trust the seller or the dealer, and don't be in a rush to pay, do your due diligence. Someone was just about to pay or is on the way, or they are the one to pay na story. If you don't buy, someone else will, and you will always find another vehicle!

3 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by RandyX: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2021
DMechyy:

Get a competent tech to inspect.

- Look out for rust
- Scan and check fault codes
- Test drive, long enough to make to car hot to test the transmission and reveal underlying overheating problem
- Check if accidented
- Any noise from the engine
- Factor in suspension and steering problem
- Check the booth, you will probably see the problem the current owner is experiencing

Most importantly, don't trust the seller or the dealer, and don't be in a rush to pay, do your due diligence. Someone was just about to pay or is on the way, or they are the one to pay na story. If you don't buy, someone else will, and you will always find another vehicle!
Very detailed. Thanks alot.
If you were close that would have been great so you could help.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2021
kingreign:

Should we tell him? grin grin

No need. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by RandyX: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Hi guys so I joined the club (bought the Infiniti fX35) and I’m about to do some mods. Please help review my todo list and suggest based on your experience.

My to do list
- Seat Cover or Upholstery? (current OEM front seats have minor cracks and peels)
- Entertainment: Android Tesla vertical screen or Double Din replacement? (current one is the Orange font FM/tape, CD doesn’t work, so I got a plug in cigarette light Bluetooth connector for now).
- Catalyst? (A mechanic checked and found the Catalyst was removed and the exhaust pipe welded in place. Is what the mechanic calls a Catalyst the catalytic converter?). If so do I absolutely need one?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
RandyX:
Hi guys so I joined the club (bought the Infiniti fX35) and I’m about to do some mods. Please help review my todo list and suggest based on your experience.

My to do list
- Seat Cover or Upholstery? (current OEM front seats have minor cracks and peels)
- Entertainment: Android Tesla vertical screen or Double Din replacement? (current one is the Orange font FM/tape, CD doesn’t work, so I got a plug in cigarette light Bluetooth connector for now).
- Catalyst? (A mechanic checked and found the Catalyst was removed and the exhaust pipe welded in place. Is what the mechanic calls a Catalyst the catalytic converter?). If so do I absolutely need one?

Do the seat/upholstery.
Leave the Entertainment the way it is o make you no open plenty threads for Nairaland ontop electrical matters.
Forget about the catalyst. I think Heavenlybang did a cat delete on his G35 and he didn’t notice any difference in petrol consumption or performance.

Welcome to the club. cool

Oya share pictures let’s feed our eyes.

Contact KINGREIGN to add you to the Infiniti WhatsApp group if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by RandyX: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Philadelphia:

Do the seat/upholstery.
Leave the Entertainment the way it is o make you no open plenty threads for Nairaland ontop electrical matters.
Forget about the catalyst. I think Heavenlybang did a cat delete on his G35 and he didn’t notice any difference in petrol consumption or performance.

Welcome to the club. 

Oya share pictures let’s feed our eyes.

Contact KINGREIGN to add you to the Infiniti WhatsApp group if you wish.
Thanks for the direction. I haven't done any of the mods yet so no pictures yet for now.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by saynay: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=RandyX post=108630380]Hi guys so I joined the club (bought the Infiniti fX35) and I’m about to do some mods. Please help review my todo list and suggest based on your experience.

My to do list

[please do u have a Gud mechanic and Rewire u can recommend]
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 12:05am On Jan 14, 2022
[quote author=saynay post=109331757][/quote]
Upholstery

Android tesla

Buy complete catalyst (though it's expensive oo) but if u don't have enough money to buy comolate catalyst, u can do the construction (budget 80-100k for construction)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 12:21am On Jan 14, 2022
Hello house, pls my infiniti fx35 2006 starts perfect when the engine is cool but after driving it needs to be left alone till the engine cools before it can start. How far I drive determines how long I have to wait for the engine to be cool b4 it can start. Few mechanics said its cold starting switch abi sensor which I changed yet the problem still dey. November ending one mechanic said its a bad kick starter and I serviced the kick starter. After servicing d kick starter, d problem got solved but one month later d problem started again.. Pls I need help pls.. I dey enugu state.. Thanks house
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 12:23am On Jan 14, 2022
myhero:
Hello house, pls my infiniti fx35 2006 starts perfect when the engine is cool but after driving it needs to be left alone till the engine cools before it can start. How far I drive determines how long I have to wait for the engine to be cool b4 it can start. Few mechanics said its cold starting switch abi sensor which I changed yet the problem still dey. November ending one mechanic said its a bad kick starter and I serviced the kick starter. After servicing d kick starter, d problem got solved but one month later d problem started again.. Pls I need help pls.. I dey enugu state.. Thanks house

Does it mean my kick starter which worked fine after servicing it has gone bad within one month Advice and suggestions pls..
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:34am On Jan 14, 2022
myhero:

Replace kick starter
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2022
kingreign:

Replace kick starter
Bro can a licking steering rack cause the kick starter to damage because my steering rack licks small. I don't know if the steering rack lickage is d curse
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
myhero:

Bro can a licking steering rack cause the kick starter to damage because my steering rack licks small. I don't know if the steering rack lickage is d curse

Is the steering rack leaking into the kick starter?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
kingreign:

Is the steering rack leaking into the kick starter?
One mechanic said the steering rack is licking into the kick while another mechanic took same car to petrol station and used there pit to view under well.after viewing it, he said the steering rack lickage is not going into the kick starter

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.