Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 (19566 Views)

My Candid Letter To Saraki By Dele Momodu / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Buhari's Response To Dele Momodu: My Thoughts... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by ewet: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
This is Mr. Momodu's personal view and we shuld not waste energy debating what he as said like it's authority over what will happen in 2015. Its his personal view and it should remain as that. However just because you dont agree with him does't mean his treatise isn't erudite enuf.

Good one Mr.Ovation i always enjoy your write ups as ever!

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Uclloyd28: Jonathan Will rule till 2019! As for those clamouring for Fashola n Rochas, am from Imo, Rochas back stabbed us.
Can you please explain how rochas back stabbed us and I hope it's about his performance
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Obiagelli: Abeg make i finish this odeku before I comments make the thing no leak comot from my nose

Is that a woman swigging a bottle of beer or a man in a white wedding dress? grin

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Orikinla(m): 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
I alone predicted that the ruling party PDP will implode and it is happening before our very eyes and will continue till 2015.
Greed for power will destroy the PDP before the presidential election of 2015.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by kamez(m): 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Now I know why many people comment no dey reach front page...cos some aboki's in this forum will always quote and requote b4 they make their meaningless comments!!! No wonder frontpage dey full quick... MtcheeeEw
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by texaco1: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
imperiouxx: @ texaco1,

You don't need to quote this long post before you make your point understood. Moreover, why twice quoting? angry

Abeg, edit dem, they are too long.
ok sir , i don edit am grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
Can you please explain how rochas back stabbed us and I hope it's about his performance

He "back stabbed" them because he joined APC and he is now with Buhari. Some of these people are confused. It is a free world and Rochas has the right to associate with whoever he likes.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by lacasa: 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Delee Momodu, great analysis.

Well done

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Kewt: 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
Very sound analysis by Dele Momodu.

I am not a fan of his but i must say, he won my mind by this piece.

Kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by texaco1: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Kewt: Very sound analysis by Dele Momodu.

I am not a fan of his but i must say, he won my mind by this piece.

Kudos to him.
i have been advising him on how to behave himself grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by ACM10: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
OAM4J: His analysis sounds reasonable and convincing till he mentioned Ameachi as the best VP candidate for opposition. I doubt Ameachi or anyone from core South-south can give the opposition the votes they need against Jonathan. Oshiomole will even deliver more votes from SS than Ameachi. IMO, the best candidates for opposition VP position are Rochas and Fashola.

Fashola for his track records on performance will pull most of SW posts especially the undecided/neutral people. Rochas can divide SE votes between Jonathan and Opposition, cos some (who believe/know that there is no way GEJ can handover Presidency to SE after him) will see him as the most likely presidential candidate if Tambuwal/Buhari/whoever should win as president.

Overall, fair assessment.

Granted, Fashola has supporters in southwest, so do PDP. The question now is, will he be electable outside southwest? Secondly, why not clamour for Rochas/Fashola? Why must it be the other way round?

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by vizboy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
Nice analysis but for Apc shopping for Vp from pdp in person of Ameachi Would be one of their greatest mistake. Because i dont think Ameachi can hand them the vote of the south_south.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by obinnakenedo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
The northerners had this country for almost 4 decades. Milking and sucking us dry. Obj spent 8years in office, a man from the west. Jonathan, a man from the south, who came from the same state where oil was found in 1959. He has just spent barely 3years in office and everybody is uncomfortable. Now tell me, Mr Dele, who is Tinubu and who is Buhari?. Sometimes I feel if this country is cursed. I weep for nigeria and i curse the day we were merged. #sad face#

8 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by brownlord: 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pls who is dele momodu, where em come frm, where em dey sell?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Orikinla(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
The next President of Nigeria will come form the North.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by texaco1: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
Orikinla: The next President of Nigeria will come form the North.
which nigeria ?the one on planet mars abi ?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by brownlord: 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
The northerners had this country for almost 4 decades. Milking and sucking us dry. Obj spent 8years in office, a man from the west. Jonathan, a man from the south, who came from the same state where oil was found in 1959. He has just spent barely 3years in office and everybody is uncomfortable. Now tell me, Mr Dele, who is Tinubu and who is Buhari?. Sometimes I feel if this country is cursed. I weep for nigeria and i curse the day we were merged. #sad face#

Obinna, the sit at home no affect u? I tink say dem say ndigbo no go baff, eat nor drink today?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by imperiouxx(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
texaco1:
ok sir , i don edit am grin grin grin

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
It seems he was just endorsing his candidates for the opposition despite the fact that his candidates are not even in APC. This guy does not understand the complexity of Nigeria's political terrain.

How on earth will anybody even talk of Amaechi as the opposition vice-president when he can't even beat Jonathan in Rivers state alone because they see him as a sabo. You don't risk using a less popular candidate from the SS to contest against an alpha and omega of the SS. That's suicide if you ask me. Your best bet is to look for a behemoth figure in another region that can break the back of the ruling party.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by texaco1: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

Thanks for your understanding.
no shaky , we dey kampe
gej all the way to 2019 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by musiwa26: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
he lost his polling booth on his street, it tell you nobody will ever vote for him because of issue of his past. because people dont take him serious.. they see him as part of the problem they are trying to get away from.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by EbirichBen(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
You Are Just As Your Name......... Momo = Mumu. Opposition Don't Have People To Present Abi?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by alaoeri: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
What's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by ziccoit: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
obinna-kenedo:

Mr, are you talking about Nigeria of about 200 tribes or a compound in Bayelsa?

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by publisher(m): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
PDP may end up winning a massive landslide come 2015. Look at how so-called opposition figures are just playing their cards too early and giving PDP a hint on what to expect.
If a PDP strategist reads all this,wouldnt they start planning on how to deal with potential threats? They've barely started with Amaechi.

If the likes of ACN are not careful they may even loose Lagos if PDP just manages to locate a very young and dynamic gubernatorial aspirant.

PS: Isn't this article old? I believe it was written before the Governors Forum election palaver.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by texaco1: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
publisher: PDP may end up winning a massive landslide come 2015. Look at how so-called opposition figures are just playing their cards too early and giving PDP a hint on what to expect.
If a PDP strategist reads all this,wouldnt they start planning on how to deal with potential threats? They've barely started with Amaechi.

If the likes of ACN are not careful they may even loose Lagos if PDP just manages to locate a very young and dynamic gubernatorial aspirant.

PS: Isn't this article old? I believe it was written before the Governors Forum election palaver.
the opposition dont even have a party yet , we dont know whether it is acn or apc or cpc ,they are totally disorganized , and pdp is busy doing it house cleaning process now byt the time they launch out them ppl will see and realize that mr PRESIDENT IS NOT CLUELESS AT ALL
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dele Momodu's analysis is too shallow.

1.Tambuwal's so called bridge building virtue is nothing short of fighting for survival. Without ACN and CPC backing, it does not take PDP more than 24hrs to replace him. It's a mutual symbiotic relationship between him and Tinubu. By keeping the post away from SW, Tinubu is playing all wings, unchallenged, in the SW political football pitch. A speaker from SW would have been the front of FG/PDP opposition to Tinubu. Tambuwal on the other hand needs ACN for survival in the House. It's a win win situation and a strategic move by Tinubu. Nobody can predict Tambuwal as a President!

2.Zoning VP to SS is not only stupid but quite nonstrategic. The SS is visibly divided and such ticket can not rally votes as would be in SW or even SE. Zone the ticket to Rivers, GEJ ll still win Rivers. So what's the point? Besides, Amaechi is not the most popular governor in SS. Oshiomole has better credentials, track record and performance in office than him. So on what basis is Amaechi now attractive to APC? Rochas can even break votes in SE which is the only formidable base GEJ can claim. Rochas candidature is more strategic than using Amaechi which adds no political value.

3.If SW is not on the ticket, voters' turn out would be low in the region with disastrous political consequences for ACN/APC beyond presidential elections. In this dispensation, SW is totally in opposition with no meaningful representation at federal level. Dangling another ticket that perpetuates the status quo ante would not elicit the required enthusiasm to galvanize voters. With Fasola on the ticket, the whole SW can be mobilized. He has a good image that can be promoted even beyond the region. No political strategist would look beyond SW in picking a vice presidential slot for 2015 elections.

4.Headache should be how to get a presidential candidate who is as popular as Buhari in the North and the opposition should continue to move towards polarization of PDP. The more troubles you have in PDP itself, the less time and resources they have to move against the opposition.

4 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by psalmizt(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Spot on arguments from Mr Ovation

solazo:
1. Those who have benefited from him (the president) would be ready to die, if necessary, to protect their privileges and not necessarily the President. Those who are shouting at the loudest voices on the rooftops are only trying to secure their relevance and slippery grip on power.

2. Moreover, Jonathan will win today because the opposition is yet to organise itself properly. I had wished we won’t allow our groups to be bogged down and distracted with the mundane issue of nomenclature. What’s in a name after-all? Our friends have dissipated too much energy and wasted so much resources on trying to register a new party and its acronym. I cautioned against this conundrum in a private chat with a very senior member of ACN. My reasoning is simple. Jonathan did not go into a merger when he entered into secret collaboration with the South West that made it possible to defeat General Mohammadu Buhari and others. Nigeria is a Mafia country and an occultist nation where things that are done in secret are always more profitable than those done in the open. The name you will give your new baby is never disclosed until the pregnancy has been safely delivered. By playing to the gallery, the opposition danced into the hands of the Dracula who wasted no time in biting them hard and sucking them dry.

3. If most of the 19 Governors that supported Rotimi Amaechi can join forces with their counterparts in the National Assembly, the opposition will coast home to victory. The other layer of society that the opposition must key into is the mass army of frustrated and disillusioned youths. The figures will never add up for the opposition until they ignite the political passion in the floaters that account for about 70 percent of the electorate.

Controversial points (Must the next president be a Northerner? Just asking... Tambuwal seems good though on merit, still not trust worthy you know... He looks progressive, am not sure I will want him for the very reason that the North thinks they own Nigeria hence their cocky behaviour. Tambuwal hasn't shown an interest yet, he however seems to be their best sell on a national level. Point 2 is really interesting, the SSners claim GEJ must run his own God giving 2 terms, the same could be argued by the North cos their son didn't get the chance to complete it. Where it gets sticky is this, would the Northern candidate do just 1 term since they want to complete Yar'adua's term... More questions begging for answers. I think we should just eschew this North/South imbroglio and get it done with. The North ruled for 33 odd years, albeit most via the barrel of the gun..

solazo:
1. Let me now examine the possible candidates for the presidential configuration. The surest bet for me remains the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal. I narrowed my choice to him because he readily has a nationwide template and network to work with. He has shown himself as a bridge-builder while the others continue to live in the cocoon of ethnicity. Tambuwal (born January 10, 1966) fits the current trend in the world of politics and leadership. He’s charismatic and brilliant. A lawyer by training and profession, he has been exposed to international standards and best practices through courses at various institutions in Africa, United Kingdom and the United States of America. The next leader of Nigeria must be someone who feels comfortable with all Nigerians "and Nigerians feel comfortable with" - emphasis mine
2. The greatest disservice to Jonathan is the desperate attempt by his supporters to turn him into a jingoist whose only qualification to govern is where he comes from. That was one of the mistakes of June 12, when some people either deliberately or inadvertently reduced a powerful national mandate to a localised South West affair. Jonathan will soon realise like we did that his people alone cannot make him President no matter the threat of war. The same argument they are using to justify Jonathan’s compulsory second time is the same the North would marshal to say President Yar’Adua did not complete his terms and they were therefore short-changed. If I were Jonathan, I would hinge my campaign on performance rather than drums of hostilities- Accurate.

solazo:
Strategically, in order to appease the South
Not sure the likes of Chief Edwin Clark can be appeased and like we all know, absolute power corrupts absolutely... Amaechi is like a sell out. How dear you claim to dispose your boss and kinsman all because you crave power. At least do it secretly in conformance with the 1st law of the 48laws of power "Never outshine the master"

My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by millhouse: 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Abegi! Make we hear word
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by obinnakenedo(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
alaoeri:
What's this one saying?
. Incase ur dumb and new in this country, let me give u a clue, its about the oil. Thats why we are trying to sing nigeria. Put the oil aside and see if the north will still be here. Ogoro like u!

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by OdionOdion: 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
This is the most disgusting political commentary ever presented in this forum. Dele Mumu-do will never learn.Affer failing woefully on his sojourn to London,he came back to form a family party with the mindset of self rehabilitation because of economic crisis in UK.The theory of Tambuwal/Amaechi Ticket is dead on arrival no matter their evil appael.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Inauguration Prayers In Abuja (photos) / Zanzibar Election: Jonathan To Lead Commonwealth Observer Group / Primealert Strikes Deal With Katsina Government Against Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.