Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (7004 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by otodeluxe(m): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
I go to church to hear what God is saying to me and to renew my faith.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by hassey(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
Pennywise:
1.It makes sense in this environment to go to church rather than mosque or synagogue.
2.Your presence in church is a valued contribution to an important social support system we have. You never know when you are going to die or lose a loved one.
3.If you are lucky to have a good pastor, you may find his preaching helpful in trying situations whether in business or family.
4.Good and lasting friendships and business contacts have been known to originate in the church.
5.Some people are never comfortable until they voice their problems to a listening ear. In a world where you are never really sure who your true friends are, it makes sense to trust the clergy.

but come to tthink of it, is dere any place in any books of d bible wher is written for d xtians to go to church on sundays. Av bin asking mysf ds for long yet no ans to it. Secondly wat apen if on sunday u ar goin to d church and paraventually u get delay along d way, on getting to d church d congregations av bin dismise, so dos it mean u can stay to perform ur service alone or u will return home witout perfoming d service.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by vowiski(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
hassey: but come to tthink of it, is dere any place in any books of d bible wher is written for d xtians to go to church on sundays. Av bin asking mysf ds for long yet no ans to it. Secondly wat apen if on sunday u ar goin to d church and paraventually u get delay along d way, on getting to d church d congregations av bin dismise, so dos it mean u can stay to perform ur service alone or u will return home witout perfoming d service.

It's people like you that read the bible from back to front.. SMH!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
Too many hypocrites developing daily. Most of the people who gather in these new genaration churches, go there to belong. To show off new cars, new clothes, to be associated with a certain trend. In fact these days, church is trendy. You all going on about not forgetting God, do you practice what God says you should, how many of you walk according to his ten commandments and do exactly what he says? You go to church only as a religion, and then back to square one on Monday disregarding every other thing the bible tells you to do. Thos of you who go to church for the sake of it know yourselves. God is everwhere, and I do not think I will be turned back from the gates of heaven for not attending church on sunday.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by tpia5: 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
I'm also at a loss as to why some people go to church.

dem sabi their reason sha, God is the ultimate judge.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by tpia5: 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
ifeness: Sometimes i wonder how long most Nigerians will remain brainwashed ......

where are you seeing brainwashed?

most nigerians combine church going with some other ungodly stuff, so I'd say the brainwashing is from the alternate lifestyle.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by churific(m): 11:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
1.“Church” is not a physical building. Your body is the church of God.

2. We go to the physical building not because we have to but because we are encouraged not to forsake the gathering of “Christians.” So we chose to honor that gathering mostly on Sundays. There’s a level of assurance and validity that comes from worshiping with others who share your beliefs and feeding off their testimonies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Martiyu(m): 12:10am On Jun 10, 2013
1. do not forsake d gatherin of d brethren.
2. I'm glad wen it is said to me, let us go into d house of God.
3. Let us not deceive ourselvez, u cn nt get as much concentration and focus on God if u were to stay back at home, u can use ur Saturdays to verify dz statement....no time.
I go to church to meet with God...and dnt ask me if i cnt meet with Him at home.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by tpia5: 1:08am On Jun 10, 2013
many christians are abusing this phrase "meeting with God".

what use is your so-called meeting with God if you are only giving opportunity to unbelievers to blaspheme because of what you do after church?

there are far too many unbeleiving "believers" in churches these days, they are far worse than outright non-christians yet they mark attendance every sunday.

yes, God said the wheat will grow with the tares but that's no reason to make yourself a tare?

romans 2

23 You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God?

24 For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” just as it is written.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by tpia5: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2013
4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

6 who will render to each person according to his deeds
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by irynterri(f): 3:39am On Jun 10, 2013
Jerry-jat:
Well it Saturday night and i guess my christian brothers and sisters are preparing on going to church tomorrow...

So if you don't mind, i would like to know!!!

Why you must go to church tomorrow?..
air is evrywhre bt we still use fans nd A.C,God is evrywhere bt we nid 2 go 2 church 2 feel his prescence more
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Anytime I fell to attend Sunday service, I'd have setback(s) for that week. It has happened many times. Now I've come to believe that I just have to set my foot in the church and be rest assured that things will go on smoothly that week. I mean any church of my choice. In fact, its like I'm going to recharge myself. So I MUST go.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 10, 2013
Sometimes i ask myself this question, because am not that religious, its like some kinda compulsion to stick with routine activities since childhood.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Abrakhan: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Vanneni: God's presence is inside of you if you're a Christian.
If u r not nko?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Abrakhan: 8:22am On Jun 10, 2013
[email][/email] grin grin
torhuke: TO SEE JESUS wink
grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 10, 2013
Abrakhan.:

If u r not nko?
Then He's not but He's actually everywhere.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by lilTunechi(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2013
ifeness:

And have you seen him? What does he look like?
just that same statue hanging above them

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by lilTunechi(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2013
I go to church to play snooker n basketball, sumtimes i play hockey there and meet new gals. Go to church? Nobody got tym 4 dat!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Jerryjat(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2013

You See Jesus in ur Church?....

wow...

How does he look like?...
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by genbjfwfr: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2013
I HAVE STOPPED GOING TO CHURCH SINCE 10YEARS BUT B4 THEN I WAS ACTIVE IN CHURCH...... INSTRUMENTALIST I WAS CLOSE TO PASTORS AND SAW THAT ITS TRUE THAT WE ARE ALL SINNERS WEN I STOPPED GOING I SAW LESS SIN COS IN CHURCH MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN GOD......I STOPPED AGAIN BECAUSE I LOVE GOD
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by DrMuzungu(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2013
I don't go to church. Next question, please?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Ayomivic(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2013
profjustine: TO WORSHIP GOD.

Yes it is good to worship God together with other believers.

O COME, let us sing unto the LORD. let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation

2 Let us come before his prensent with thanksgiveing

3 for the lord is a great God, and a great king above all gods........
. . . . .
6 O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneen before the lord our maker.

7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture,and the sheep of his hand . Today if you will hear is voice,

8 Harden not your heart, as in provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2013
I go to church when i feel like, and most of the time i do not feel like sef, so it means i hardly go to church. for some people this church going is like an obsessive compulsive disorder, they can not help themselves, they have no relationship with God, but their brain has been hardwired to wake up every Sunday morning and head to church. some people have given reasonable answers as to why they do. it is all good, my philosophy is live and let live..... keep going to church in your Sunday frock, but please quit asking me every Sunday morning the same old question..... did you go to church today?? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Chd12(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Slym why do u go to school?..guess to learn nd b usèful to the society...just like school,u go to church to learn nd develop ur spirit from ur teachers(pastor,priest,etc)...y can't u stay at home nd learn nd write exams nd get certificate?.....mind u the church u see azin physical is just an intro.to the church in ur heart..well am a man of little words,for more info on this,u can get me on 2go,facebook via jerome814 nd adole jerome respectively..tanx nd do have a swell day
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
@chd, as i said earlier, do you and i will do me. it is nice you are going to church to build and develop your spirit. i wish you luck in the building process.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by belovedbest(m): 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
I go to church;
1. Because it's a command 'forsake not the assembly of the brethren'
2. I go to sevice my life & destiny as word connotes 'Sunday Service'.
Just as we take cars to Mechanic workshop for better efficiency, so I takes my life to the One who know how I was formed.
3. To update my life.
4. To constantly scan, quarantine, shield my life and also to delete all forms of Viruse contracted during the week. abbl
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by uglybetty: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
Why are u asking d christians,why not d muslim, bloody antichrist.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by GideonG(m): 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
I forgot the last time I went to church. I am always programming even on sunday morning. No time
I believe in God but I don't believe in Religion. Religion is man made
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by tobideyi(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2013
**IRON sharpeneth IRON**

**Do not forsake d FELLOWSHIP of the brethren**
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Jerryjat(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2013
uglybetty: Why are u asking d christians,why not d muslim, bloody antichrist.

r u on drugs?....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Knowing The Correct Religion / Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.