Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (7012 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
why do you go to school?? you could have just bought books and read it at home. Even Christ went to the synagouge. You should endeavor to be serious with God

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by takeprofit: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jerry-jat:
Well it Saturday night and i guess my christian brothers and sisters are preparing on going to church tomorrow...

So if you don't mind, i would like to know!!!

Why you must go to church tomorrow?..

for the same reasons i go to school.
to know better about God, to get inspired, to connect with people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by AmicableEd: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by omokayode9258(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Pennywise:
1.It makes sense in this environment to go to church rather than mosque or synagogue.
2.Your presence in church is a valued contribution to an important social support system we have. You never know when you are going to die or lose a loved one.
3.If you are lucky to have a good pastor, you may find his preaching helpful in trying situations whether in business or family.
4.Good and lasting friendships and business contacts have been known to originate in the church.
5.Some people are never comfortable until they voice their problems to a listening ear. In a world where you are never really sure who your true friends are, it makes sense to trust the clergy.

hmm so goin to church is beta dan goin 2 kingdm hal, synagog, mosque, is dr any verse of d bible 2 butres ur point nd bsids, did Jesus go or encourag us to go to church. Church nwdays has turnd to party, most pple go to church wt al sort of usles cloths unda d quote. Serve ur lord d way u ar. Going to kingdom hall is d bst 4 christians nd nt al those usles churchs
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by omotayokay: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
You ultimate goal in life is to serve the Lord your God and attending sunday service is one of such time to connect with HIM! Remember, where two or more are gathered in HIS name, HE is among them!
Shalom!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kgbd(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
I once opened a thread with the same topic, so i will give few reasons why you should go to church. 1. Because it is an act of obedience to God and it honors the Lord's Day. Remember the Sabbath day, tokeep it holy (Ex. 20: .
2. Because we need to belong to a community of faith that includes our brothers and sisters in Christ who are trying to live out the gospel just like we are.
3. Because we will benefit frombeing taught and led in worship by others, rather than always depending on ourselves to read and study the bible.
4. Because we need regular reminders of our standing in Christ, help in acknowledging and confessing our sins, and teaching about God's truth.
5. Because we need help in praying, tithing and fasting. Well i could go on but more info, go to https://www.nairaland.com/1235115/why-go-church

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by parki: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
Because you prayed in Chruch does not mean God forgave you of your sins.

moreover, going to church does not give you a free gate pass to heaven when you die.

re-evaluate why you go to church on Sundays. I have found out that a lot of people go to church on sundays because that's what they are used to from when they where kids. They don't go to church because they want to listen to God's word instead they go to church because it is routine thing for them and they just want to fulfil all righteousness.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kgbd(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
parki: Because you prayed in Chruch does not mean God forgave you of your sins.

moreover, going to church does not give you a free gate pass to heaven when you die.

re-evaluate why you go to church on Sundays. I have found out that a lot of people go to church on sundays because that's what they are used to from when they where kids. They don't go to church because they want to listen to God's word instead they go to church because it is routine thing for them and they just want to fulfil all righteousness.
why counter every point when you are not giving any
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
[size=16pt]TO PAY TITHE AND WORSHIP JEWS!!!![/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[size=16pt]AND TO MOLEST YOUNG BOIZ!!!![/size]
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kgbd(m): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
6. Because we need help to face the issuesof life and faith as presented through the teachings of the Bible.
7. Because we need to hear how believers in the past struggled, grew and lived out their faith from different perspectives.
8. Because we need to hear about the experiences of other contemporary believers.
9. Because we need to hear reminders of God's love.
10. Because we need an alternative to the constant messages of a culture that ignores God.
11. Because we need to experience artistic and creative expressions of the faith, such as music, praying, fasting and tithing.
12. Because believers need help to reflect on the past week and seeit as a small part of thejourney of life.
13. Because we need aconscious break from work, family problems, and self interests in order to concentrate on the Lord.
In brief summary, the strategies and schemes of thedevil are well thought out andproven to work better than the marketing strategies ofrich corporations like microsoft.
Therefore, we need other people we can count on to help us make it threw tough times when they arise.
Our chances of finding people we can count onin church arefar betterthan finding someone we can count on anywhere else in the world.
Plus, going up against these strategies with out proper guidance will lead to unnecessary mistakes being made on our part.
In conclusion, going to church while also doingour own personal biblestudy at home on a regular basis helps us toget confirmation of God's message and what He wants us to dowith our lives.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by everyday: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
To see God
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kgbd(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]TO PAY TITHE AND WORSHIP JEWS!!!![/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
there you go, trying to derail the thread again. Just let me help you out comments like yours no longer catch attention so why not accept Jesus?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
kgbd: why not accept Jesus?

*pukes

WHAT?! accept slavery at the hands of a JEW?! shocked shocked shocked shocked

what does my face look like? MUMU!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by moodswing(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Because others are going.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
parki: Because you prayed in Chruch does not mean God forgave you of your sins.

If you asked Him to forgive you in church then He did. But if you were just praying while having some unconfessed sins, then He didn't forgive you coz you didn't ask Him to forgive you.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by gemini35(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] i,can,t afford to miss sunday service,real worship you fell d presence of God,i,like worship.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kmanning: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hope the OP now know reasons for going to church on sundays, and any other days? Any further debate amounts to mere ranting
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by mccooler(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
slymm: We eat food to stay alive, do you go to church to stay alive? I am really interested in knowing this, as I understand there is a difference between being religious and being spiritual. Some people go to church every sunday religiously because it is what they grew up doing, they have no idea why they are going to the church, but they are just used to it.
Been religious helps your spirituality... so do not forsake the religious aspect. same way as spirituality will not earn you a ticket to heaven! note that that cos ur saved does not mean that all is!!! people hv spoken well earlier. like its a commandment that you do not forsake the gathering of the brethren, its an avenue for you to work in God vine yard, meet with the needy, load your heaven, touch other peoples life and above all praise God in a combined synagy with people in same faith.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
gemini35: [color=#006600][/color] i,can,t afford to miss sunday service,real worship you fell d presence of God,i,like worship.
How do you do that, is it a tree tongue grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Mamacita007(f): 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
To praise God
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sometimes i wonder how long most Nigerians will remain brainwashed ......

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
torhuke: TO SEE JESUS wink

And have you seen him? What does he look like?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by purplekayc(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Its a nigerian or african thing , if u don't u are seen as weired
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by adexsimply(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Vanneni: How do you do that, is it a tree tongue grin
*faints*
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
adexsimply: *faints*
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by adexsimply(m): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Vanneni: grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin...I passed out!!!!

*looks for fan*
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Joyland(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
It's a spiritual obligation. Christians go to Church to worship and praise the Almighty God. We also listen to scriptural readings that help us in our spiritual and physical growth.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
adexsimply: you caused it!! grin grin grin...I passed out!!!!

*looks for fan*
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by chokolatte: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
I go to church to fellowship with other xtians it particularly helps when i am down and discouraged and can't even pray. I dont like to miss church cos my church is a complete package. Lovely messages, lots of prayers and a wow choir.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by karpentar: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jerry-jat:
Well it Saturday night and i guess my christian brothers and sisters are preparing on going to church tomorrow...

So if you don't mind, i would like to know!!!

Why you must go to church tomorrow?..

I go to church because, I don't want to go mosque.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by IYANGBALI: 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
To see fine babes and show off my new clothes/shoes
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
You go to church because you are the church, how would the church not be in church? We were made to fellowship and worship. You cannot be a normal human being without some form of fellowship, a congregation of believers is the highest human fellowship.
Psalms 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
Psalms 35:18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 14-19th Of December At The Camp / Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.