Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! (12747 Views)

Photo: Lost But Found NYSC Certificate / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / How Do You Know An Authentic Nysc Certificate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by dennisbee(m): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pls house, i just want to know if the switch of one's first and middle name on nysc certificate can have an adverse effect on the bearer.
Wht i mean is; if my name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and on my nysc certificate its written as Goodluck Jonathan Ebele. The position of my surname, Goodluck, did not change.
Does it really matter? Will employers frown at tht? Cos my thots are afterall they're all my names.
Pls house wht do​you think?
Pls help cos I'm actually disturbed.
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by CrazyMan(m): 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
It matters to employers cos the names won't match with other document you would be asked to present. Documents like your birth certificate, your WAEC certificate, your university certificate....etc.

If you should do a change of name, then do it legally so it won't affect you later in the future. Go to a court and swear on the new name you bear, take that sworn affidavit along with you as proof when tendering your documents to any employer...that should be a valid evidence to notify them that the candidate whose NYSC certificate bears Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, is the same person as Goodluck Jonathan Ebele.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by dennisbee(m): 7:34am On Jun 09, 2013
CrazyMan: It matters to employers cos the names won't match with other document you would be asked to present. Documents like your birth certificate, your WAEC certificate, your university certificate....etc.

If you should do a change of name, then do it legally so it won't affect you later in the future. Go to a court and swear on the new name you bear, take that sworn affidavit along with you as proof when tendering your documents to any employer...that should be a valid evidence to notify them that the candidate whose NYSC certificate bears Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, is the same person as Goodluck Jonathan Ebele.
Ok, thanks so much.
Although frnds had earlier told me it didn't matter. But i think your posts makes more sense to me.
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by ujchief(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
See wahala!! Which wan be GEJ and GJE again? Abeg, I don't really think it matters, the trio are still your names; more importantly, your surname was not interchanged, so wtf?

#NB: next time you wan use an example, try something like Bill Okechukwu Clintoncheesycheesy
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by CrazyMan(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
ujchief: See wahala!! Which wan be GEJ and GJE again? Abeg, I don't really think it matters, the trio are still your names; more importantly, your surname was not interchanged, so wtf?

#NB: next time you wan use an example, try something like Bill Okechukwu Clintoncheesycheesy
The problem with Nigerians is that we tend to over look issues without verifying properly if indeed they should be overlooked.

Have you applied for a job before?

If you have you would agree with me that it would matter heavily to employers cos how would you explain to them why some of your documents bears Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and another Goodluck Jonathan Ebele.

There must be a valid evidence you must provide unless you would be rejected.

It would also matter if you decide to further you education by going for your masters.

You would agree with me that married females are asked to provide valid change of name (usually a publication from a news paper) and their valid marriage certificate.

This condition also applies to you as well...if you have contradictions in your documents as a result of your name, then you must rectify it by providing valid proof (a sworn affidavit)

Finally, it would also matter to embassies if you're applying for a visa...if the name in your documents do not match, and there isn't any rejoinder to explain the name contradictions, your application would be rejected.
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by dennisbee(m): 7:06am On Jun 15, 2013
Thanks so much. I just spoke with a bank executive, who told me it didn't matter as far as my surname wasn't switched and there was no error in spelling.

1 Like

Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by Janeyinka(f): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
What if the name is Aare olayinka bunmi on ur bsc. Certificate and the one that was sent to nysc is Aare yinka bunmi.wil there be any problem,hrd nysc's strict with things like that.
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by birmajr: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2016
Hello! Plss what if someone is mobilized using a jamb that contains first, second and order names but in his SSCE, primary school cert and HND contains just the first and second name. Pls does affidevit in support of verification names be used in the NYSC camp to be registered. #thanks.
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by Palaski(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2022
Please i need a help
The name on all my birth certificate, State of origin, common entrance exam certificate (pry6), BVN, NIN is saliu Sylvester Junior but on my WAEC it's saliu Junior Sylvester please can this affect me during NYSC registration
Re: Does Switch Of First And Middle Names On Nysc Certificate Matter??! by Extratyre01(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2022
Palaski:
Please i need a help
The name on all my birth certificate, State of origin, common entrance exam certificate (pry6), BVN, NIN is saliu Sylvester Junior but on my WAEC it's saliu Junior Sylvester please can this affect me during NYSC registration
Hello, it will really affect you and I advise you to do the change on weac portal immediately. That's only if you've registered for nysc.. Contact me on the number in signature for name rearrangement...

(1) (Reply)

Osun State '16 Batch A Report In Here / NYSC. Posted To Niger State / NYSC: Fashion Design Skill Or Certificate Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.