Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola (7356 Views)

P’harcourt Residents Decry Power Outage, Excess Bill / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by portside(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Moderator! God will bless you for bringing this topic to front page, in my entire life, I've not seen a propaganda ever sold as this(Fashola is working) whereas countless places in Lagos did not or cannot fill any development whatsoever in their domain,I leave in Iyana Ejigbo, this place looks like an abandoned prison yard, the roads are the worst I've ever witnessed,all roads in the whole of Ejigbo are deaths traps

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by pheesayor(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Firefire: Where are the DEFENDER of Lagos Action Government?
Showing us pictures of elaborate places of less than 2% and nothing done to the rest 98%.
Lagos is indeed working. ( Omaa seee ooo)

Mile 2 to Badagry road is terrible
Come to Agbara up to Badagry and into those areas, forget you are not in Nigeria; maybe Congo or worst place in Africa.
And the ACHen are busy carrying out Lagos and other western state money to expand their bogus territory.
Time shall tell. Nigerians and Lagosians are no fool again.
I hate PDP with passion (Party of Blood sucker)
In fact ACHen in Lagos under Fashola in this his second time is worse than Jonathan government.
We dey wait for those useless and good for nothing lawbreakers called lawmakers to come and get vote in my area under ACHen. You shall surely be STONE TO DEATH. I promised you.
ACHen Local Govt Chairmen? Bundle of nuisance with nothing, I mean nothing attached to their nomination by their useless godlesfather.
Time shall tell. – 2015 is round the corner.
ACHen or whatever you turn yourself into I dey laugh una in Spanish.
PDP IS DEAD ALREADY.
I Think we need Military to take over this country of we ask the colonial master to come back.

“ALL NIGERIA POLICITIANS THAT FAILED TO Deliver dividend of democracy but take please in stealing our money, shall die untimely and with no one to bury their dead bodies.”

Okoko to badagry is still under federal government, please spare us your ignorance
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by anthony86(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Every year it is the same story on iyana ejigbo to ikotun road .it is worst during the raining season and the state government keep giving lame excuses every year .Actually it is not as if the road is too narrow per se .it is just that the Government of Lagos is Not committed to solving the problem once and for all, first all the alternative routes on the road are abandoned right form pako bustop, isheri Oshun via Jakande bustop,ajao estate via nnpc bustop,Idimu via Ejigbo bustop,Idimu via Ile iwe bustop. even the egbe bridge needs to be dualized or expanded.

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by deeptesting(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2013
I have nothing to say other than the fact that i am waiting for the governorship election to vote against ACN and i know a lot of people are also waiting.......I have suffered enough living in this area.

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by SEGAD: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2013
deeptesting: I have nothing to say other than the fact that i am waiting for the governorship election to vote against ACN and i know a lot of people are also waiting.......I have suffered enough living in this area.

I personally keep my voter's card to vote against ACN in the next election in Lagos state. I've said this several time, there is no different between ACN & PDP, even some PDP governors perform far better than ACN governor, my example is Surllivan of Enugu. I challenge Fashola & Tinubu supporters on this forum to take pictures of their respective street in Lagos, then you will understand that your pay masters are big fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by texazzpete(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2013
Thank God this made it to the front page.
My in-laws live in Ejigbo, and the traffic jams in and out of that area is beyond hellish. The Local Govt Chairman does next -to-nothing to remedy the situation and Fashola has no interest in areas like this that he cannot use to brag on state TV.

The level of Neglect Lagosians in areas like this face is staggering.

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by realitychick: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2013
today traffic where suit and tie,,,you need to see people on the road,,,cars stucked in traffic,no movement,people trying to get to work,Iyana ejigbo is an understatement, jakande gate to pako ia an apology this morning.From ikotun bus fare that use to be N150,today N300,what kinda thing be this.I hail Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by Firefire(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2013
pheesayor:
Okoko to badagry is still under federal government, please spare us your ignorance

Thank you for your knowledge.
My village at Oko-afo, Magbon, Ibiye and environs are also under federal government?

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by Firefire(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2013
SEGAD:

I personally keep my voter's card to vote against ACN in the next election in Lagos state. I've said this several time, there is no different between ACN & PDP, even some PDP governors perform far better than ACN governor, my example is Surllivan of Enugu. I challenge Fashola & Tinubu supporters on this forum to take pictures of their respective street in Lagos, then you will understand that your pay masters are big fraud.

We are waiting also in my area with ROCKs AND STONES to maime or stone to death any ACHen that surface.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by nmagirl(f): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
This Same Kehinde Bamigbite was recognised as the best LCDA chairman. Pls i want to ask OO "what was the criteria used in rating him as d best, roads?, water?, light?, hospitals (health), schools, other projects/infrastructures? etc. was there any physical inspection? For God's sake him and whosoever rated him as the best are bunch of hypocrites and criminals. It is only in Ejigbo that u can see a drainge open without being closed or cemented. It is already causing gully erosion. Kayode/powerline street has been on construction for yrs. still open gutters and using asphalt on d road.It's taking them hundred yrs to complete. At the end they will commission that child's play the are doing there. I live in that area and I know what are facing. It's terrible. The worst LCDA chairman in Lagos state is Kehinde, he's a disgrace to whoever he's representing. THERE IS NO TARRED ROAD IN THE WHOLE OF EJIGBO LCDA aside the major road that links to Ikotun which is in a sorry state now. Fashola is working, ACN is working!!, Eko oni baje! ( I hear u) Eko don baje te te

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by anonimi: 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
It will be most useful if the posters who reside or visit the area and similar places take pictures and load them here to support their stories.
Pictures are like a thousand words, so they say.
The pictures should clearly show the potholes and the resulting traffic jam separately as much as possible. You can also post pictures of other government facilities like PUBLIC primary and secondary schools, primary health care centres, refuse dumps etc. This is the only way to FORCE politicians to take action in between the election periods. I believe it was Obama who told Israeli youths while visiting some months ago that "Politicians don't do anything except they are pressured into doing so"
So the ball is in our court as affected citizens and residents of Lagos!
Nuff said!

BTW, I understand Bamigbetan was former Chief Press Secretary to Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he was governor of Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by lekkie073(m): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
is ejigbo in Lagos state or Osun ?
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by deeptesting(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
anonimi: It will be most useful if the posters who reside or visit the area and similar places take pictures and load them here to support their stories.
Pictures are like a thousand words, so they say.
The pictures should clearly show the potholes and the resulting traffic jam separately as much as possible. You can also post pictures of other government facilities like PUBLIC primary and secondary schools, primary health care centres, refuse dumps etc. This is the only way to FORCE politicians to take action in between the election periods. I believe it was Obama who told Israeli youths while visiting some months ago that "Politicians don't do anything except they are pressured into doing so"
So the ball is in our court as affected citizens and residents of Lagos!
Nuff said!

BTW, I understand Bamigbetan was former Chief Press Secretary to Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he was governor of Lagos state.

I will be leaving my office by 2.00pm, be assured that I will post pictures of Jakande Estate, Bucknor,Isheri-Osun road today....if dem like make dem read my post keep touts and police to harass anyone taking pictures, I go still carry out my civic responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by tayokem(m): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Fahola is now more concerned about APC that is not yet registered than the problem in his state. The local govt chairman is the worst chairman in nigeria. I pray thaat PDP will take over governance in the state and thhen we'll see suburb development. The road is a nightmare
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by realitychick: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Going to work today,,,spent N800 on transport fare on this route,just because the yeye government wey say make i pay my tax, no do their own work,
EKO DON BAJE FINISH!!!
Living on past Glory.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by realitychick: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
lekkie073: is ejigbo in Lagos state or Osun ?
Hey,,,just disappear if you haf notin sensible to comment,na here you want to learn geography wey you fail.
Mchew,,,,,,
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by gbanikiti(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
See as people dey para for this thread! This is serious! I haven't been to iyana ejigbo for long but i imagine how the road is in this rainy season. lord have mercy!!

Please where is Isheri Osun situated?
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by nisot23(f): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: See as people dey para for this thread! This is serious! I haven't been to iyana ejigbo for long but i imagine how the road is in this rainy season. lord have mercy!!

Please where is Isheri Osun situated?
Isheri Osun is located after Jakande estate but before Ijegun...you know Ijegun dont you?
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by biafranqueen: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Is this Damien church you speak of ?
ngozievergreen:

what do u say abt Sullivan who is fighting with Mountain of Fire Members because he want to build a bridge that will need them to vacate their majestic church building.
The members actually went on a praying spree against sullivan. But sullivan is stl building d bridge sha..........
But those prayers of theirs can be scary
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by biafranqueen: 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
We are waiting for pictures thank you for your time
deeptesting:

I will be leaving my office by 2.00pm, be assured that I will post pictures of Jakande Estate, Bucknor,Isheri-Osun road today....if dem like make dem read my post keep touts and police to harass anyone taking pictures, I go still carry out my civic responsibility.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by gbanikiti(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
nisot23:
Isheri Osun is located after Jakande estate but before Ijegun...you know Ijegun dont you?
I know Ijegun. you know there are many places in Lagos called Ijegun. I think you must be referring to the Ijegun near Abaranje. well i don't really know the isheri osun that much.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by nisot23(f): 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: I know Ijegun. you know there are many places in Lagos called Ijegun. I think you must be referring to the Ijegun near Abaranje. well i don't really know the isheri osun that much.
Yeah,the Ijegun i mean is the Ijegun in Alimosho lg,so its the same Ijegun thats near Abaranje.What I meant in my previous post is that Isheri is the community between Jakande(bucknor) and Ijegun.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by joeluv: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
i dont knw where ejigbo is but all i know is that ago place and the whole okota roads are the worst roads in Nigeria. its so shocking the state of those roads. U wonder if u are still in Lagos.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by boloo2k(m): 12:38am On Jun 11, 2013
ndcide: This is what you get when you have an incompetent administrator as governor who has so much time gallivanting and casting aspersion at the central government so as to score political points or maybe forward his party's agenda of expanding their empire; when most of those he governs are yet to feel the effect of his years in office.

Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by ezzye: 7:13am On Jun 11, 2013
Emusan: Not that Ejigbo-Ikotun road is as bad as they buttress it i.e full of portholes, but it's too narrow compare to the number of vehicles that plies the road per hour. From Pako(Isolo)-Ikotun the road needs to be widen, and goverment effort to widen the road came up about 4yrs ago before Ago-Festac road was approved which was discovered that, it will affect Prophet T.B Joshua's church. That's why government withdrew its attention on the road. People of Ejigbo-Ikotun need to enter serious prayer so that Bro. Fash can help them construct an overhead bridge that will by-pass that church but destroying Synagouge church I don't think it will work.

guy shut dat bucal cavity of urs u call a mouth. If u dont stay arnd here then u shdnt comment, no one is complainin about narrow roads, its always been narrow yet traffic still moves. But now that the road has TOTALLY collapsed, motorists r forced to join d oda lane at dat junction which causes d gridlock. We r not asking the govt 4 too much, just fill up those holes wit wateva....or just patcj d road since they "lack funds" to completely rehabilitate d road..... Its rily untold suffering people r put thru...
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by babeface3: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2013
Ejigbo is the worst place I have ever stayed in Lagos. I thank God for helping me relocate from that area.

The traffic is nothing but killing, and the feeder road are not motorable. Its as if the government deliberately neglected the place. There was rumour that the LG chairman merely shares the allocation with the monarch in the area and other key people and there was also rumour that because the monarch is not in the good book of Fashola and also being a "powerful" man and a member of PDP, Fashola turned his eyes the other way.

My question is, why cant the local government pour laterite on the very bad spot where cars get stuck every minute and which cause terrible traffic jam pending the long lasting solution they made us believe is underway?

Gentlemen, I cry everyday about the way things are done in this country. what about the connecting roads that could create alternative touts. is it too hard for the local government to grade them as a makeshift remedy?
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by lekyar(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nothing ever gets done in Ejigbo by the administrators. Commuting on those routes is a nightmare. A state of emergency ought to be declare on road rehabilitation in Ejigbo and environs. How fast the Governor respond will be a KPI for consideration for future political pursuits.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by olusola200: 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
I SAW THE CATERPILLAR THERE BUT DOING NOTHING. WITH 3 DAYS OF NIGHT AND DAY WORK THE JOB WILL BE DONE IN NO TIME.M I ADVICE THEM TO WORK DAY AND NIGHT .CAN SOMEONE PLS ASK FASHAUN WHILE HE IS COLLECTING TOLL AT THE JAKANDE AGO ROAD, DO YOU REMEMBER WHat happen at okeafa ajao estate toll gate. GOVERNMENT NEED TO STOP FASHAUN NOW. OBA EJIGBO YOU NEED TO SEE TO THE WELLFARE OF UR PEOPLE YOU NEED TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THEM TOO.
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by gbanikiti(m): 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
olusola200: I SAW THE CATERPILLAR THERE BUT DOING NOTHING. WITH 3 DAYS OF NIGHT AND DAY WORK THE JOB WILL BE DONE IN NO TIME.M I ADVICE THEM TO WORK DAY AND NIGHT .CAN SOMEONE PLS ASK FASHAUN WHILE HE IS COLLECTING TOLL AT THE JAKANDE AGO ROAD, DO YOU REMEMBER WHat happen at okeafa ajao estate toll gate. GOVERNMENT NEED TO STOP FASHAUN NOW. OBA EJIGBO YOU NEED TO SEE TO THE WELLFARE OF UR PEOPLE YOU NEED TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THEM TOO.
Hmmm... this is serious o! collecting toll fee ke? has it gotten to that extent? Am sure the fasheun guy sent some miscreants to do the collection. can you imagine? Is the Oba of Ejigbo known as Fasheun?
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2013
biafranqueen: Is this Damien church you speak of ?

i know it as mountain of fire
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by talktimi(m): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2013
Surprise surprise, the bitc# eko ile & his boyfriend ekoo ilee havent coughed on this thread. Sorry for his lousy life
Re: Ejigbo, Ikotun Residents Decry Poor State Of Road,petition Fashola by juman(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Another complain of poor state of road.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olusegun Agagu To Be Buried October 4 / Obasanjo Has "Finished" Amaechi And Ngige / NATIONAL EMBARRASMENT! Obama Jets Out To Kenya, Leaving Buhari Behind In U.S.A.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.