Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention (20623 Views)

EFCC Charges Tompolo And Akpbolokemi For Unlawful Conversion / Pauline Tallen’s Son Sues Her For Unlawful Detention & Demands N200m Damages / SSS And Soldiers Raid Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by gen2briz(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2013
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2013
Dude, unless u try our feds at the international court, of some foreigners will preside over the court as judges and all that, your bid is lost on arrival!
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by shizzle11(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2013
THESE GUYS SURE KNOW HOW TO DREAM, NOT THEIR FAULT THOU, THEY SEE MY COUNTRY AS A PLACE WHERE ANYTHING GOES. BUT AS FAR AS THIS CASE IS CONCERNED, THEY'RE ON A LOOOOOOOONG THING. THE CRETINS SHOULD ALL BE SHOT AND THEIR CARCASES FED TO THE JTF SNIFFER DOGS.

50 BILLION NAIRA? BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LAFF IN LEBANEESE
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by shortERIKINA(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2013
BigBlackDick: These people are not terrorist... why keep them for long without trial.. Yeah they got cache of weapon,
But they have no criminal record here and abroad
Have they kill anybody? NO
Have they threatening anyone? NO
There occupation is gun as oil is to Nigeria.
Simply deport them
I was forced to quote the whole of yur post cos I couldn't believe a normal person wld say this after so much evidence against these ppl. What are those weapons for? Are they hunters? Even if they were, these aren't the kinda weapon used in hunting animals except they'r hunting humans. A̶̲̥̅♏ sure U̶̲̥̅̊'r nt aware of the fact that those weapons are the same kinda weapons the boko haram members use. I δσητ need to talk much cos I have a weird feeling U̶̲̥̅̊ don't have the fucking idea of wat HEZBOLLAH means. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by wirinet(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2013
qualified:
Barr. Lawyer, if these guys were nigerians in other countries, will all these talks have risen?
Truth is: their offence is terrorism, not js any crime.
Yes, our law has shortfalls but no foreigner or terrorists shld capitalize on that!

The reason nigerians are maltreated foreign countries - even neighbouring Cameroon is because of lack of protection from nigerian government. Other countries protect their citizens even if charged for terrorism. Remember Michael Adebadejo ?(the UK soldier murder suspect), was saved from Kenya by the British government.
Even the Iranian that imported huge arms into Nigeria was saved by the Iranian government.

What is difficult is taking the man to court is there is enough evidence? I honestly do not understand. In the Us we all witnessed the trial and conviction of mutallab, why can't we do the same?
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by AroOkigbo(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2013
50 billion naira?
Dem no even ask for a slot in the existing federal govt. "amnesty" package.
Yeye people!
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by sage2(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2013
shortERIKINA: I've always known the lebanese people to be the violent type cos I've got loads of them as customers. So, I wasn't so shocked when dat yeye lebanese got linked to those rusty harms. Bt the shocking thing here is the fact that they still have the filthy guts to SUE. Crazy sets of ppl.

Imagine one lebanese woman still ∂εγ owe ᵐᵉ and she still get mind ∂εγ threaten ᵐᵉ.

You are a disgrace(no mind me o). Why you no show am levels nah? I simply don't deal with or recognize these crop of fake oyinbos. They are lower than Chadians in my ranking. The few Americans, Brits, Germans, and Canadians I deal with are, in no way, in doubt as to who the boss is - me .
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by philips70(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/quote][quote author=Aro Okigbo]50 billion naira?
Dem no even ask for a slot in the existing federal govt. "amnesty" package.
Yeye people!
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Realest123(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2013
They do have some nerve. Why this cunts still alive eludes me.?
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Abagworo(m): 10:13am On Jun 10, 2013
What exactly is their proven offense ? I'd like to know before making my contributions.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by true2god: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2013
The ALUU style of judgement would hav been better for this lebanese. One of our problems in this country is the Lebansese infiltration in evry aspect of our life, from bank fraud to daily rip-off of Nigerian to drug deals. It is high time we deport most of dem out of the country.

Im surprise dey can sue the FG for 50b naira damage more than 300 million dollars. The lebanese are worldwide criminals.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by BetaThings: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2013
wawa_boy: i was thinking they will deny any knowledge of the weapons or at least they will claim ignorance, But they didnt. Does it mean the guy also have permit to sale arms in nig. The Aturu guy want to chop them mugu

Statements like this bother me. They did not acknowledge anything. It is the newspaper giving a background
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 10, 2013
Why can't dem demand for 50b,wen dey knows very well Nigeria is corruptin justice.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by bidis: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2013
if it is in thier country they would hav beheaded nigerians whether guity or not lebanese are very dubious people
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by BetaThings: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
cogitoErgo: hmmm, South Africans beating Nigerians to death in SA, Kenyans deporting Nigerians without any justifiable reasons, Ghanians frustrating Nigerians doing business in their country, Lebanesse doing "dan gari"(son of the soil) in Nigeria!

Actually this should have given you cause for pause
Are you sure South Africans, Kenyans, Ghanaians etc are not telling their government to kill the Nigerians involved
Nigerians support the Nigerians deported from foreign countries and ALSO support FG for dealing with foreigners
What do you think is happening abroad? People are screaming that the Nigerians be killed without trial or just sent home with only the shirts on their backs
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Horus(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2013
The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria (illegal trade, drug smugling, etc,).I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Firefire(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2013
Chai,
WONDER SHALL NEVER END IN MY COUNTRY!!!
I wonder a times if Nigeria lawyers get brain.
A threat against your country and you defending them, heeen; Bamidele Aturu?
Na you people corrupt Nigeria judges and give Nigeria politicians strength to continue stealing.
You defend thief and rogue and criminals, Terrorist and name it.
Let the government pass a bill prohibiting any defense counsel for criminal and terrorist ASAP.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by ignis: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2013
Boko Haram suing FG. There is nothing one will not see.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by cecegorz(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2013
What these Boko partners have done is standard procedure.
Knowing Nigeria, they don't want to be left in detention to rot away without trial.
They are only praying to be charged to court so they can start exploring any tiny legal loop hole they might get, thouh I don't see any lee way for them, especially at this our tense security period.
As per Barr. Aturu, he is simply practicing his profession!
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by bidis: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2013
the supermarket and wonderland should be demolish they maltreat nigerians living in other countries i dt classify dem as whites they are coloured people if na thier country dem for don behead our people since
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by akdjr(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2013
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, I HAVE AN INTERESTING TOPIC BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST IT PLS I NEED HELP
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by gerald09(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2013
I no blame una, u have mouth to ask for 50billion if d SSS do u watin W Bush do dem in Gitmo, una no go even complain about money. Fact weapons were found @ ur home, Fact the weapons were brought into d country to promote terrorism n u dey ask y dem dey treat una like dis, I guess d SSS neva give dem Sh*it chop yet
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Tonylyte(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2013
I wount term it as curruption, if d federal govt uses N50billion to transport dia corpses bak to dia country.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Lifemax: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2013
gunuvi: Aturu! Aturu! Aturu!!!, are u that hungry?, must you eat all foods that comes ur way? Okay na, so far you have given your soul to BH partners....May the blood of those innocent Nigerians killed so far be upon you and your family. Amen
Foolish lawyer, longer throat!!

hahahah abeg alow d lawyer 2 collect his own share,if na u nko.we no blame dem na our politicians teach dem how 2 get court injuctn wen ur guilty
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by victorazy(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2013
wawa_boy: i was thinking they will deny any knowledge of the weapons or at least they will claim ignorance, But they didnt. Does it mean the guy also have permit to sale arms in nig. The Aturu guy want to chop them mugu

Aturu mean Sheep in Igbo land, is a word used for a person that is foolish as sheep is.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by JamesLucia: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote
author=wirinet]Our judiciary is still in stone age, our investigative
services is in jurassic age. If proper investigation had been done done,
why have the sss not taken the case to court. The sss has been
prosecuting and have tried, convicted and sentenced the suspected
Hezbollah sponsor on the pages of newspaper.

The nigerian law does not allow for the detention of anybody without a
court order. And they definitely cannot seal their businesses
indefinitely without a court order.

I am not swayed by emotion or public sentiments, the amego hotel owner
might be guilty, he might be innocent, we can find out only after a
court trial. The whole arms issue could be a set up by enemies,
competition or opponents. And possession of firearms does not
necessarily amount to being hezbollah or terrorist without other further
evidence.

Lets wait and see.[/quote]

my dear the situation at hand needs fire brigade approach u dnt know who to trust. no over vex o
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by klax(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2013
This is none of the reason Idi Amin hated these Lebanes with passion because if given chance in any country that country would be in mess.

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by bidis: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2013
mumugoat u ar supporting boko i suspect u
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Originalsly: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2013
Are you giving the FG the right to detain someone for more than 48 hours without charge? Are you giving the FG the right to seize and demolish someone's property based on accusations? Are you giving the FG the right to indefinitely detain someone based on Nationality or stigma? If you do then you are giving them the right to violate the constitution and detain anyone indefinitely without charge. Nonsense? USA... Immediately after 9/11 permission was given to the FG to monitor phone calls of foreigners who they believe may be involved in terrorism.It has since been secretly expanded to include all US citizens. USA...shortly after 9/11...the FG was allowed to hold suspected foreign terrorists only indefinitely in Guantanamo. It has since expanded to detain any US citizen indefinitely without cause, trial nor explanation. Today for the Lebanese tomorrow may be for you...then what can anyone do? ..who would you blame?
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by bidis: 11:28am On Jun 10, 2013
james lucia na wa u ar u a naija guy or babe
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Brilliance9000: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2013
Rich Dad: Only in Nigeria. Smh
Like someone said " Kill this muddaforkers, we'll talk about Human Rights later.
coolcoolcool

Nothing wrong with killing these "muddaforkers" as you said. However, be prepared to be the next "muddaforker" killed if I decide to stealthily place a cache of weapons at your warehouse at night while you are at home sleeping; with no knowledge of such weapons. You didn't think frame up was probable? Amigo has been doing business in Nigeria for years; upwards of 30 yrs. How stupid could they be to do such...

2 Likes

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Okijajuju: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2013
When an Aturu is your lawyer, I guess anything is possible..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Liberation Council Gives Muslims & Northerners 7 Day Ultimatum To Leave / Photo: See What Bauchi People Doing To Undistributed Fertilizer Bought By Yuguda / Ayo Adebanjo: Osinbajo Is A Dishonest Intellectual, A Disgrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.