Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention (20625 Views)

EFCC Charges Tompolo And Akpbolokemi For Unlawful Conversion / Pauline Tallen’s Son Sues Her For Unlawful Detention & Demands N200m Damages / SSS And Soldiers Raid Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Pennywise(m): 11:48am On Jun 10, 2013
It seems to me that these Lebanese still do not understand the gravity of the charge against them. They think its an offence for which mere legal gymnastics can set them free. This was unthinkable in pre-PDP Nigeria where state security was a serious matter.

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Delafruita(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
emmysenior:

Mr man calm down... Investigation is still in progress and the last time I checked, the sss and other security agencies involved asked the FG government for a go ahead to demolish the supermarket and other places involved, but they are yet to get the approval though.

In this type of sensitive issue, one needs to trade carefully, cos of the insiders involved. They maybe trying to sabotage the investigations.

And don't forget that the foreigners would not progress in such act without the help of indigenes, hence, the traitors needs to be apprehended too.

And for the record; it is AMIGO and not AMEGO. Thanks.
for the record,its thread and not trade

for the record,its investigation and not investigations

for the record,its need and not needs

how will anybody in his right senses support demolition of a property worth billions based on a suspicion?what is the demolition intended to achieve?if there is an underground storage facility,its only sensible to assume it will have a passage.if the SSS has evidence,the lebanese should be charged
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Delafruita(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
Firefire: Chai,
WONDER SHALL NEVER END IN MY COUNTRY!!!
I wonder a times if Nigeria lawyers get brain.
A threat against your country and you defending them, heeen; Bamidele Aturu?
Na you people corrupt Nigeria judges and give Nigeria politicians strength to continue stealing.
You defend thief and rogue and criminals, Terrorist and name it.
Let the government pass a bill prohibiting any defense counsel for criminal and terrorist ASAP.

God bless Nigeria.
are you alright?the duty of a lawyer is to his client and in this case,bamidele aturu is legal counsel to the lebanese trio.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by specco(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
emmysenior:

Make una allow the man chop money na, abi una go give am money?

Besides, what did he go to school for?

Or have you guys forgotten that every suspect have a right to an attorney? I don't have problem with Aturu opting to defend them , but if it had been an Igbo lawyer now the whole place would have been abuzz with vilification and how the Igbos are lovers of money and so on. We should try to rise above shallowness in this country

The only bad thing will be if they win the case or go scot free, of which I'm so sure they won't.

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by specco(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=specco][/quote]i don't have problem with Aturu opting to defend them, but if it had been another Igbo lawyer now, the whole place would have been abuzz with vilification and how the Igbos are lovers of money and so on. We should try to rise above shallowness in this forum.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by 360command: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Our govt confiscated their biz since they discovered they were dealing with arms through an underground network, yet this lebanese have mind to sue our govt. Our own Nigerian biz man in kenya, his property was confiscated by kenya govt on d ground dat he was into drug deals which was not discovered and yet the guy did not sue them Kenyans but begging our govt to seize Kenyans plane.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by sweetnigga(m): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
emmysenior:

The quoted text above is enough to earn them death by hanging sentences. cheesy I'm not surprised, I knew this would definitely come. It's a normal thing and every suspect have right to an artoney.

The only abnormal thing will be "if they escape jail sentences" and" if they somehow won the suit"

Or probably be freed soonest. cheesy yeye people, una never jam.

Abeg make the charge and bail lawyer wey dem carry, suck enough money from them ooo... Na so God dey take bless person.
chai!!! I tell u brother, i don manya here. How i wish i am d charge and bail, i go de look d amount they are claiming as damages (50 billion) dey give my bill.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by gemini35(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
kcclink: I always knw dis lebanese guys for dia cunning and crook ways bt dis time I knw they hav met dia waterloo. 2 options 4 u guys life.
sentence or firing
squared.
ma guy firing is nt illegal,the fg should deport them,let their govt handle them,but wht gave them the gut to slam the fg 50b,if nt our weak and corrupt leader fault
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by raymondinc(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Errant nonsense! This lebanese should be charged with immediate effect for terrorism, conspiracy and treason. For they have succeeded in contributing to the murder of her patrotic citizens and her upcoming leaders. This nation seems to give privilege to foreigners whom in return lebel us the Nigerians as corrupt and foolish people. For christ sake! It doesn't happened in other countries. I must say they have beaten more than they can shew. Lets stand up and declare war against all these criminals whom have made this country a place where they can constitute nuisanes, enough is enough.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Codims82(m): 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Jascoman:
www.thewillnigeria.com for more
. This guys havs guts
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
Delafruita:

for the record, its need and not needs

how will anybody in his right senses support demolition of a property worth billions based on a suspicion?what is the demolition intended to achieve?if there is an underground storage facility,its only sensible to assume it will have a passage.if the SSS has evidence,the lebanese should be charged

Oh! How wrong you are...
Once again it's investigations and not investigation, simply because; they are in phases: 1. To fish out insiders. 2. To know their modus operandi. 3. To know how long that have been going on. 4. To know if they were framed up. 5. To know who they were dealing with within and outside here. And so on...

Once again oga! In this context, use it's and not its.

Finally, you can as well use trade (idiom).

Pls go kack for one side joor.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Policewoman(f): 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
Which Judge go even try this case? Hmmmm....
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Policewoman(f): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
I see this Amigo case dying a natural death and them regaining their freedom. No be Naija we dey?
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by sage2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Brilliance9000:

Nothing wrong with killing these "muddaforkers" as you said. However, be prepared to be the next "muddaforker" killed if I decide to stealthily place a cache of weapons at your warehouse at night while you are at home sleeping; with no knowledge of such weapons. You didn't think frame up was probable? Amigo has been doing business in Nigeria for years; upwards of 30 yrs. How stupid could they be to do such...

Just listen yourself. What happened to your sense of logic? So living and doing business in Nigeria for more than 30 years automatically immune you to crime? Then why is Abubakar Shekau on the run? Because going by his age, he has also lived in Nigeria for more than your 30 years threshold. Meanwhile, You may want to take a look at the refund policy of all the schools you attended. You, more than anything, deserve your tuition fee back.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by abrakhigbe: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
wirinet: Our judiciary is still in stone age, our investigative services is in jurassic age. If proper investigation had been done done, why have the sss not taken the case to court. The sss has been prosecuting and have tried, convicted and sentenced the suspected Hezbollah sponsor on the pages of newspaper.

The nigerian law does not allow for the detention of anybody without a court order. And they definitely cannot seal their businesses indefinitely without a court order.

I am not swayed by emotion or public sentiments, the amego hotel owner might be guilty, he might be innocent, we can find out only after a court trial. The whole arms issue could be a set up by enemies, competition or opponents. And possession of firearms does not necessarily amount to being hezbollah or terrorist without other further evidence.

Lets wait and see.
You are right on...which law of this land permitted the DSS to detain them without charging them to court. America charged the Boston bomber to court while investigation is Still going on, even at the point of his death. The two Michael of British soldier massacre have been charged to court while investigation continues. This guys are lazy lots at DSS that is why Boko haram had their way for a long time.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Policewoman: I see this Amigo case dying a natural death and them regaining their freedom. No be Naija we dey?

cheesy Aren't you a police woman? You can as well go solo and do the Jack Bauer stuffs for us na.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by mindtricks: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju: When an Aturu is your lawyer, I guess anything is possible..
Let's see how the case goes. What is an Aturu? BTW, Okija, there was this picture you once posted, a picture where two Arab guys were dancing, with their heads moving from side to side. I love it, plz how do I get the pic?
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Imagine the effrontery. This shit can only happen in Nigeria.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Ademab(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Make dem ask babsuwe how many days he sleep for toilet wey dem dey use torchlight monitor him sh*t.. 25kobo dem no give am.. Una wan collect 50billion. Yeye people. Na una presido go pay collateral damage later.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by hardbody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The compensation demanded is outrageous. The case is against them as they'll have to explain how a large arms cache found its way to their property without their knowledge. Maybe the suit is to save face.

That is my take on this too.

However, as a democratic government running constitutionally, they will go on with their suit, but if i was advising the federal government, i will quickly arraign them for several offences including treason, they will be very fortunate to come out alive.

Having said that, Nigeria is on its own a peculiar case. I will not put it past some people to have put those guys there as stooges and moles and thereby using them to pepetrate their selfish and clandestine crimes. If this is true, then those people using them as agents will definitely make a way for them and all the touted search and trial will be a farce as usual.

I am shaking my head for this country.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Lifebender(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dont tell me these criminals have lawyers..........dis is only permited in naija.For the states,if your house is sealed,no story ooo.guilty/not

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by BigBlackDick: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
shortERIKINA: I was forced to quote the whole of yur post cos I couldn't believe a normal person wld say this after so much evidence against these ppl. What are those weapons for? Are they hunters? Even if they were, these aren't the kinda weapon used in hunting animals except they'r hunting humans. A̶̲̥̅♏ sure U̶̲̥̅̊'r nt aware of the fact that those weapons are the same kinda weapons the boko haram members use. I δσητ need to talk much cos I have a weird feeling U̶̲̥̅̊ don't have the fucking idea of wat HEZBOLLAH means. I rest my case

is Hezbollah threatening Nigeria? NO
Let boko haram comes out and say they purchase tools from them

We already have enough gun control. What we need is idiota control... the question is ..? is there weapon falling on the wrong hand? those weapon are rusty... uno
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by BigBlackDick: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Delafruita:

for the record,its need and not needs

Why are you trying to correct the guy spelling error... are you that dumb, The sicker you get, the harder it is to remember if you took your medicine. ..The fact is ... you understand the message

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by sage2(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
Wow!
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by hotwax: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Plus, the government should return the seized weapon back to them.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by remzytimer: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
U're a fool for saying what u 're ignorant of, it seems u have not been following the case so it will be better for to keep quiet rather that speaking ill of our security!!!!

wirinet: Our judiciary is still in stone age, our investigative services is in jurassic age. If proper investigation had been done done, why have the sss not taken the case to court. The sss has been prosecuting and have tried, convicted and sentenced the suspected Hezbollah sponsor on the pages of newspaper.

The nigerian law does not allow for the detention of anybody without a court order. And they definitely cannot seal their businesses indefinitely without a court order.

I am not swayed by emotion or public sentiments, the amego hotel owner might be guilty, he might be innocent, we can find out only after a court trial. The whole arms issue could be a set up by enemies, competition or opponents. And possession of firearms does not necessarily amount to being hezbollah or terrorist without other further evidence.

Lets wait and see.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by hotwax: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
Imagine a Labene coming to terrorize us and asking us to pay him compensation for stopping him.

Hand these guys over to Lagos Agberos

1 Like

Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by Akiika: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
BigBlackDick: These people are not terrorist... why keep them for long without trial.. Yeah they got cache of weapon,
But they have no criminal record here and abroad
Have they kill anybody? NO
Have they threatening anyone? NO
There occupation is gun as oil is to Nigeria.
Simply deport them

Walahi!, you truly reflect your screen name 'BigBlackDick'.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by bornosheikh: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
They will go free. C.R.E.A.M

#Freeamigohezbollah
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by wirinet(m): 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
remzytimer: U're a fool for saying what u 're ignorant of, it seems u have not been following the case so it will be better for to keep quiet rather that speaking ill of our security!!!!

You that is wise and well informed, why don't you educate us ignorant people on the facts of the case. Have the Lebanese suspects in this case been charged to court? Have the sss got a court order to hold the suspects indefinitely? Is belonging to Hezbollah a criminal offense in Nigeria? does Nigeria even consider Hezbollah as a terrorist organization?

please do us a favour and enlightened us.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by confusion247(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
Soon SULTAN of sokoto, Northern Elders Forum, Arewa Consultative Forum, Tinubu and Buhari will tell federal government to grant them amnesty.
Re: Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention by hugafella(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lebanese must go...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thisday Bomber Cried For Missing Heaven - Witness. / Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law / Many Feared Killed As Herdsmen Storm Ebor, Eha-Amufu Enugu Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.