Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Pagan9ja - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pagan9ja (9577 Views)

Where Is Pagan9ja / Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

umm does it look like I do human sacrifices in my backyard

Sorry if my questions are getting on your nerves, am just really curious. I don't know any other pagan apart from you so I can't ask anyone else. You can ignore any question you don't want to answer.

human sacrifices are usually done for war. mostly by royal families/dynasties after a successful battle campaign to thank the Gods and to ensure a similar victory next time. Also it is done as a final gesture to end blood shed and bring in an era of peace.
It is the ultimate sacrifice after war time, to show the SPiritual Forces/Gods, that you are not hesitant to shed more blood and it would be futile to cause more bloodshed , so therefore to let the people/kingdom usher in an era of peace.
Its nearly always done after war time and not before.

How are the sacrifices performed?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
fellis:

Sorry if my questions are getting on your nerves, am just really curious. I don't know any other pagan apart from you so I can't ask anyone else. You can ignore any question you don't want to answer.

How are the sacrifices performed?

No its ok really.

The ritual of sacrifice depends upon tribal custom.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
How is it performed in Magazawa hausa?
Lol, hope I spelt it right grin
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
fellis: How is it performed in Magazawa hausa?
Lol, hope I spelt it right grin

its Maguzawa.

We don't do human sacrifice.

We don't know if it was done in the past. THe Hausa city states were pretty stable. ALso most of the old Pagan Royal customs have been done away with, after the fall of the Bakwai.
Re: Pagan9ja by pleep(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
IMHO all these r.apes and gang rapes within established communities are all recent things. it was not so in the past, and was very rare. these things have increased recently.

people have lost their self-respect, respect for women, pride, culture, dignity ,etc.

The only place where this is not so is surprisingly in the Gulf Arab world, even though its muslim. Im referring to the nations of UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen.

Tribal culture is very strong in these areas.
No its not a "recent thing" your rape paranoia is ridiculous. Rape was 100X more common in the past, because of incessant warfare and conflict, especially in your tribal areas.

Nowadays what we usually consider rape is drunk sex, or drugged sex etc. People going out and getting gang raped in the street is a very rare occurance in any western country.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its Maguzawa.
We don't do human sacrifice.

That's good to know.

We don't know if it was done in the past. THe Hausa city states were pretty stable. ALso most of the old Pagan Royal customs have been done away with, after the fall of the Bakwai.

Ok thanks. That's all I have to ask about the sacrifice thing.
What about marriages in your religion? How is it done? The wooing, bride price paying (if any) and is there any womanhood or manhood initiation rite for young adults?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
fellis:

That's good to know.

Ok thanks. That's all I have to ask about the sacrifice thing.
What about marriages in your religion? How is it done? The wooing, bride price paying (if any) and is there any womanhood or manhood initiation rite for young adults?

Marriage is a cultural matter.

The groom if he likes a woman, he takes his dad to the womans home to ask her hand and to negotiate the bride price.

In our custom, it is not just a 1-time bride-price process. The groom must visit the brides place every other day, bringing more and more gifts for her/her dad/family. THis will go on until the father says enough, now you can have my daughter/ THe Gods bequeath my daughter in your safe hands.

Then all the dates are set. the village Chief/priest is consulted. The groom must get more gifts for the bride and also the wedding articles. On the said day, we have some dances, rooster-tail grabbing, masquerade things, Beer drinking, etc.
Then they marry.

Initiation rights for men: Rawan Gane dance followed by circumcision.
Initiation right for women: Boori ritual.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

In our custom, it is not just a 1-time bride-price process. The groom must visit the brides place every other day, bringing more and more gifts for her/her dad/family. THis will go on until the father says enough, now you can have my daughter/ THe Gods bequeath my daughter in your safe hands.

What?!?
Ewo chineke meh!
Come and see get rich quick opportunity o!
Anyway I think the daughter can talk to her father if she likes the guy, to reduce the number of visits he will have to make.

Initiation right for women: Boori ritual.
What is that?

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
fellis:

What?!?
Ewo chineke meh!
Come and see get rich quick opportunity o!
Anyway I think the daughter can talk to her father if she likes the guy, to reduce the number of visits he will have to make.

yesh if she has any sense, she should do that. sometimes this can go on for a month before the father is "satisfied". .
sometimes it ends in a day. the father just accepts the money as a token.

What is that?

ITs a religious ritual, mostly done by our womenfolk.

refer to thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1023235/real-hausa
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
^Ok thanks for the indulgence, that will be all.

For now....
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
you are welcome.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc8EjQEpZ3s

1:13:00 you can start rhere if you don't want to watch the whole video ..it is clear that muslims don't like jews and kinda tolerate christians(since their master has been schooled by a christian)
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2013
hmm I saw that. Hamas are terrorists.

in the pre-islamic days, the Jewish tribes used to worship in Pagan temples as well. However muhammad destroyed this relationship.
Re: Pagan9ja by isalegan2: 3:32am On Sep 21, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
^HE never said he doesnt believe in the Creator Deity.

btw @ Deols, that thread has been deleted by Maclatunji. undecided

This thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/1518466/seun-seun-seun-seun-osewa

undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression.. / N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.