Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake (11743 Views)

With 221 Killed Since May 29, Is Boko Haram Back In Full Force?-"cablenews / Checkout The T-shirts Trending Towards Democracy Day May 29th. / Tinubu: "Election Postponement Is Democracy At Gunpoint" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Controversy: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
soyad: The problem we have in this country is that we have a group of people who do not think alike . Some are progressive minded while the others are either ethnic or tribal jingoist . For anybody to denounce the intelligence of Wole Soyinka is complete lunancy.
Stup*id...... what's your take, that federal govt should revise democracy day already decrear on may 29 by your fellow Yoruba man?
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
My prof, as you wish so shall it be.

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
Desola:

Very intelligent retorts from you madam!
I HATE AZZ LICKERS. Make your own intelligent retort, abi you no get 'common sense'? justasking.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: My prof, as you wish so shall it be.
Another Azz licker.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Great point!
We should not celebrate Democracy Day until we get a true democracy in our country, otherwise it is just like the govt is insulting our intelligence.
redbottles: with all due respect to prof.Wole Soyinka, whether it is Jan 1st till Dec 31st, I believe the ordinary Nigerian don't give a shit about the date....as long as we don't get to see the dividends of the so called democracy, who cares about date undecided
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Desola(f): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
I HATE AZZ LICKERS. Make your own intelligent retort, abi you no get 'common sense'? justasking.

Anything else will be mere parroting of that which has been intelligently written by the amiable madam. Sheer writing if a genius that was. Why water it down? At the moment, I'm in awe of an intelligent female poster. Please allow me to bask in the euphoria.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
Another Azz licker.
You're suffering from Soyinkaphobia.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Desola:

Anything else will be mere parroting of that which has been intelligently written by the amiable madam. Sheer writing if a genius that was. Why water it down? At the moment, I'm in awe of an intelligent female poster. Please allow me to bask in the euphoria.
Ana akukwa aka eba a? Nairaland Kuba nu aka.
Madam I dey clap for you here. I know no say you fit write like KONGI. This is what Oyibo people call BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You're suffering from Soyinkaphobia.
Abeg somebody should look it up in the dictionary.
Soyinka+phobia. You try my brother.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Some have been shouting dividends of democracy without knowing its meaning. It is only in Nigeria where during the commission of electrification, roads, water scheme, etc a governor, presidents or minister calls them dividends of democracy, and people clap. Were these things not enjoyed in South Africa during the apartheid rule? Our youths are lost.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Controversy:
We have had you!
You can pls decrear June 12 a democracy day inside your bedroom.

What's this ? You can't even construct a sentence !

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by klodike(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva: How can June 12 be democracy day? What's even the rationale behind such thoughts.
Wole soyinka has lost it. Perhaps senility could b blamed.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
klodike:
please ohh. Wole Soyinka is like some people's POPE, "HE IS INFALLIBLE".
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
Abeg somebody should look it up in the dictionary.
Soyinka+phobia. You try my brother.
It means you're afraid of WS.

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
madam_oringo:

You are really FUNNY, so was that a just, fair and statesmanly decision to make? In the circumstance, was that "right"? Does a self-serving decision of OBJ, and he made a lot during his leadership, become "right" because it feeds into the sentiments of Ibos who hate anything Yoruba even if it benefits them and they have nothing better in the whole Iboland? If this decision is "right", because OBJ is also a Yoruba man, then the burden of accepting every of his "wrong" decisions is now yours and you people would have lost the moral right to selectively pick what is right or wrong, or is it not the same Obasanjo?? OBJ and Chief Abiola were not "friends" and may be rivals but it is up to a fair, just-minded and sophisticated people to judge and say, well, "I don't agree with a lot of things X has done and think Y was right, but in the circumstance, as an impartial judge, X was right and deserved better in this case"! Now the question is: can an unsophisticated man who sees everything from his tribal allegiance make such fair judgements! NO! That man is an ====> Ibo man! Even the IBB who made that decision and at one time blamed his military junta peers for the pressure to annul that election, knows he made a wrong decision! Up till today, it hunts him and that is one of the reasons he CAN NEVER be voted or accepted as a candidate again for elections! If he was "right", why hasn't he been well received by the generality of Nigerians? Prof. Henry Nwosu who was the umpire of the electoral body announced the result of the federal elections which said Chief Abiola won, how is it fair to not give him the credit? Was it not ibos that helped to sabotage the process?

Man, (or woman) you talk too much. May 29th is democracy day and that's it. There is nothing you or anybody can do about that.

Do not come here, disturbing the peace over what's fair or not or somebody would refresh your memory about the civil war.

Noisemakers.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
It means you're afraid of WS.

Olodo rabata.... so you don't know when the joke is on you.... even when I went ahead to write
Soyinka+phobia......Eyah, evidence of free/awoof education.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
klodike:
I pity you, using that for a renown professor of Comparative Literature of close to 50 years.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bandit C.:

Man, (or woman) you talk too much. May 29th is democracy day and that's it. There is nothing you or anybody can do about that.

Do not come here, disturbing the peace over what's fair or not or somebody would refresh your memory about the civil war.

Noisemakers.

the Irony in this thread is that OBJ deems it fit to declare May 29 as Democracy day, knowing fully well that his Yoruba brothers want June 12.
Last year, GEJ tried to "fraudulently" rename UNILAG to MAULAG and again Yorubas were up in arms with other Nigerians.
Why then is the "Oracle of Yorubaland" disturbing our peace now with the REAL or FAKE democracy day? What is Wole Soyinka trying to do?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I pity you, using that for a renown professor of Comparative Literature of close to 50 years.
DOES THAT MAKE HIM INFALLIBLE?
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:

Olodo rabata.... so you don't know when the joke is on you.... even when I went ahead to write
Soyinka+phobia......Eyah, evidence of free/awoof education.
My 'free education' has proven to be far better than your costly one which you made costlier with 'sorting'. Or are you not one of the three guys among the ESUT 4? Say the truth, Abali (Ehihe).

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abbott(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
It is quite unfortunate that the poor culture of record keeping is responsible for some careless comments in this thread.
The significance of June 12 is not what should be waved off by hand.
The importance of this day should be sacred and honoured. It indicated a vulnerable revealation of unity...all over Nigeria...that was assaulted.
It was the beginning of every good thing, that was aborted.
Careless archiving and miseducation is responsible for some careless and thoughtless comments I've read here. I do not intend to lecture here...let this day be held in the honour it deserves...democracy day or not.
Will the labours & struggles of heroes past not honoured give you the assurance that labours & struggles of heroes present will not be in vain? Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
DOES THAT MAKE HIM INFALLIBLE?
You can't take that from him.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by occam(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Say whatever you like but Nigeria has been existing way before Abiola, so it will be idiotic on the part of any government to make June 12 democracy day. Is it not enough that the day is declared public holiday by SW states?

Correct. Nigerians instead need to search deeper about events leading to day and not just make it a symbol of democracy. Too many questions, too few answers on what transpired and led to that annulment. Did we have a true democratic election or an "arrangement" between a dictator and an influential businessman?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
The only difference between June 12 and May29 is Khaki and Agbada. Atleast khaki is gone 4ever. Up agbdamocracy!! nonsense!!!
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Why are you spending so much energy on that 8th grade educated idiiot ?
I will keep silent for whom you are. You best answer for people like you.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
My 'free education' has proven to be far better than your costly one which you made costlier with 'sorting'. Or are you not one of the three guys among the ESUT 4? Say the truth, Abali (Ehihe).
PROUDLY AKOKITE.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
I CANNOT TAKE "INFALLIBILTY FROM HIM?"
WoW. Ola your stupidity knows no limit. So Wole has now become God that cannot make Mistake? ehn kwa?
What exactly about this that makes you fear? Tell me, I can help you.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
occam:

Correct. Nigerians instead need to search deeper about events leading to day and not just make it a symbol of democracy. Too many questions, too few answers on what transpired and led to that annulment. Did we have a true democratic election or an "arrangement" between a dictator and an influential businessman?

Some want to paint him a SAINT because the election was annuled.
They conviniently forgot ITT (Which another Yoruba called International thief thief) and all the rumoured sponsor of coup d'etat.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:
PROUDLY AKOKITE.
If you're Akokite and you're saying all this against WS it means you're suffering from tribal bigotry. As for me, I adhere strictly to the motto of my alma mater: FOR LEARNING AND CULTURE.
Re: Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake by Abali1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
What exactly about this that makes you fear? Tell me, I can help you.
Wole is not God.
am done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / Is Nnamdi Kanu Preparing For War? See The Armored Tank He Poses With .PHOTOS / Buhari, King Mohammed Discuss Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline, Fertilizer Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.