Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law (12321 Views)

I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. / Fashola Signs Lagos Road Traffic Bill Into Law-trucks Are Prohibited B/w 6am-9pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by U09ce: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lagos State Governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has signed the state’s Cremation Bill into law.

While signing the bill on Monday at Lagos House, Ikeja, the governor explained that the cremation law is voluntary, adding that its enactment showed how the concept of globalisation has taken its roots in the state.

Fashola said, “We commend members of the state House of Assembly for responding to global yearnings. Their zeal in passing the bill also shows that cremation is the best way to go.”

Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye, said the law only provided for voluntary cremation.

He said, “It is voluntary in the sense that it allows for voluntary cremation, whereby a person may signify interest to be cremated when he dies or a deceased’s family members who must attain the age of 18 years can decide to have the corpse cremated.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fashola-okays-law-to-cremate-corpses-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by takedat(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Commendable!!!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by mebad(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2013
i refuse to be burnt.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by RICHBOI2(f): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2013
Nice 1.....
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Noted
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Lilimax(f): 11:10am On Jun 11, 2013
mebad: i refuse to be burnt.
cheesy grin grin
But it is voluntary as stated in the law nah.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by bisikeys: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2013
How does this bill affect people looking for work? Or how does it affect boys wey dey hustle? No be person wey chop belle full go dey do creamation? Bro Fasho, park well joor...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Kassidy90(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2013
WTF! I had a dream dat I was cremated today, nw I log on to NL and am seeing stuff about it...God wats going on

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Aifey(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2013
It think is d best.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2013
am coming closer ,one day i will be number 1
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by miteolu(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2013
From Cremation to Hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by richiet: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by gerrardomendes(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2013
to dust shall i return. i refuse to be a burnt offering.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by AbuMikey(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2013
Am not Mahatma Ghandi.!!......So I refuse to be burnt. Dust to Dust
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2013
Is this the best thing to do
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2013
Good move. Lagos needs to conserve land space. Not enough cemetries cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Burger01(m): 11:17am On Jun 11, 2013

grin
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Fashola dis Fashola dat...shey d oda gov no dy alive niii

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by ebgbest(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Mr. Babatunde Fashola should first signify his interest to be cremated when he dies or one member of his family to encourage others to follow up. Are we now in India or are we short of land. this law is against Christianity . Charity begin at home YEYE LAW

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by oyestephen(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2013
This definitely will not go down with some people. For conservation of land, it seems a plus. But there're cultural and religious views which also cannot be put aside, its voluntary to be cremated. But as for me, i wont like it though
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by omiobo: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2013
E no go be rest in peace again, e go be rest in pieces.
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Ajibel(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2013
Its just a choice buh i dont support BRF's claim that because its globalized, so should he pass the law.
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by DICKtator: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2013
You don't have relatives or family?
or don't you understand that it is for unclaimed corpses?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by oyinglory(f): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2013
Save our land n support d cremation law!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by obi123: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2013
bisikeys: How does this bill affect people looking for work? Or how does it affect boys wey dey hustle? No be person wey chop belle full go dey do creamation? Bro Fasho, park well joor...

what does your comment have to do with a cremation bill that has just been passed as in i dont get it

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2013
They wont even allow us to get to hell and see the devil himself.

Thats not fair..

Fashola must be stopped,,no matter how hot his furnace is.nothing beats the good ol smell of pure sulphur in abyss.

If its not hell fire...it can never be like hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by DICKtator: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2013
While those against this have argued that it is against their culture(like wtf? Are we Indians/Hindus? undecided undecided undecided undecided).
The pro-Govt sympathizers believe that ........
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by effisyman: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2013
Wats cremation? ??
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 11, 2013
Kassidy90: WTF! I had a dream dat I was cremated today, nw I log on to NL and am seeing stuff about it...God wats going on
you need to visit abrgadibri shrine sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by tlops(m): 11:27am On Jun 11, 2013
Abu Mikey: Am not Mahatma Ghandi.!!......So I refuse to be burnt. Dust to Dust
Ashes to Ashes!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And His Family are Corrupt!!!! ~~~ US Govt. / Buhari: Political Developments In South Sudan Worry Me / 2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.