Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law (12322 Views)

I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. / Fashola Signs Lagos Road Traffic Bill Into Law-trucks Are Prohibited B/w 6am-9pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2013
ebgbest: Mr. Babatunde Fashola should first signify his interest to be cremated when he dies or one member of his family to encourage others to follow up. Are we now in India or are we short of land. this law is against Christianity . Charity begin at home YEYE LAW
oga read na. dem say no be by force to be cremated

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Jibsonified(m): 11:29am On Jun 11, 2013
gerrardomendes: to dust shall i return. i refuse to be a burnt offering.

My brother to properly return to dust then cremation will b d best method smiley

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Rooneyboy(m): 11:29am On Jun 11, 2013
mebad: i refuse to be burnt.

When I no be ram grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Sophiegurl(f): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Cremation ke. Irooo
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Joe50(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Rooneyboy(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2013
gbosaa: They wont even allow us to get to hell and see the devil himself.

Thats not fair..

Fashola must be stopped,,no matter how hot his furnace is.nothing beats the good ol smell of pure sulphur in abyss.

If its not hell fire...it can never be like hell fire.

see a brother longing to see the devil grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Damn son!!! I know it's voluntary - but how about people who want their body cremated but their "manhood" mummified? grin

Certain folks want their "manhood" to live on, long after they're dead.

We also need a bill for that.

Shalom! cool
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Lilimax(f): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2013
effisyman: Wats cremation? ??
The act of burning a dead body grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked or better still google it
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by jaykaylegend(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2013
RICH-BOI:
Nice 1.....
...hw wil u say nice one
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2013
gbosaa: They wont even allow us to get to hell and see the devil himself.

Thats not fair..

Fashola must be stopped,,no matter how hot his furnace is.nothing beats the good ol smell of pure sulphur in abyss.

If its not hell fire...it can never be like hell fire.

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Cremation is a good thing but it's definitely un-African. Anyway, it's voluntary and those who wanna get cremated and burnt to ashes can choose that.

But your comment is hysterical as fvck - double whammy of getting burnt.. grin grin Especially for those who know they aren't going to anywhere else but the biblical "hell."

Biggie Smalls:

When I die, fvck it I wanna go to hell/
Cause I'm a piece of shiit, it ain't hard to fuckin' tell/
It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies/
Dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies/
God will probably have me on some real strict shiit/
No sleepin' all day, no gettin my dyck licked/
Hangin' with the goodie-goodies loungin' in paradise/
fvck that shiit, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice/
All my life I been considered as the worst
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by ChiSun27(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Kassidy90: WTF! I had a dream dat I was cremated today, nw I log on to NL and am seeing stuff about it...God wats going on

R u sure dat ur end is not nia?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by amir99(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2013
tlops:
Ashes to Ashes!
Gbamest tell am o
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Symphony007: 11:49am On Jun 11, 2013
I love this. Nigerians have to learn that there are alternative means of sending forth someone than the space wasting burial. I know of a man who died and in his will he asked that his body be cremated and scarttered around his house which he loved so much; that sounds so beautifull: matured and simple!
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by ChiSun27(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Cremation is a good thing but it's definitely un-African. Anyway, it's voluntary and those who wanna get cremated and burnt to ashes can choose that.

But your comment is hysterical as fvck - double whammy of getting burnt.. grin grin Especially for those who know they aren't going to anywhere else but the biblical "hell."

Biggy Smalls:

When I die, Bleep it I wanna go to hell/
Cause I'm a piece of shit, it ain't hard to fuckin' tell/
It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies/
Dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies/
God will probably have me on some real strict shit/
No sleepin' all day, no gettin my dyck licked/
Hangin' with the goodie-goodies loungin' in paradise/
Bleep that shit, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice/
All my life I been considered as the worst

U r finished.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by omograndma(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2013
@effissyman.use google more often
@yuzedo.u r the type of nuisance you are talking about.
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by mooregan(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Kassidy90: WTF! I had a dream dat I was cremated today, nw I log on to NL and am seeing stuff about it...God wats going on
Lwkmh, Wahala dey o. E don be 4 you, oya de find ur square root now o..
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by ConcernMan: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
I only oppose cremation on one ground, it forecloses any possibility of forensic discovery as to cause of death in the future. Thus, If a persons death is not natural(eg where he may has been poisoned) and there is subsequent cremation, the evidence may have been burnt for life. I have forgotten the name of this popular case in America which happened in 90s where a wife poisoned (lead poison) his husband to death. Police went and arrested the co-workers of the man(the man worked in a plant where lead exposure was high) for negligent(exposing the deceased to lead)unknown to everybody that the wife actually poisoned him(in order to inherent his estate) knowing fully well that the possibility of police looking her way was slim. 20 years later, there was medical development to that direction. When police opened the closed file they saw some evidence which pointed accusing fingers on the woman. The corpse was exhumed and another autopsy conducted. It was discovered that the deceased got more dosage of lead even when in the hospital( the wife had been with him throughout his stay in hospital) than while he was at his work place. The wife was arrested and she confessed.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by jimjones: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
cool. albeit, i fail to see why a 17yr old can't demand to be cremated whenever he/she dies.
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
ChiSun27:

U r finished.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, I was just helping my doozy "gbosaa" out with that one. tongue

Let me do a little off-the-dome freestyle for you about where I wanna go when I die.

When I die, I wanna go to hustlers' paradise/
All white everything, with white booze/
White smoke emanating from my white zoot/
White blondes everywhere, with white teeth/
Driving my white RRs on roads plated with white gold/
Dressed in black? Nah, I like white tees and white crepz/
Lucifer will be on some blood-su.cking shiit/
Burning nyggahs all day with no white blondes to mess wit/
Hangin' with pedos, serial-killers, and rapists/
fvck that shiit, I wanna make money and live like a king/
All my life I've been a money maker, make a dollar out of 50 centx.
wink wink wink grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by pekelepekele(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
He should lead by example . Kill yourself get burnt and we will do the same . If not i want to remain fresh even in death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34jC4I1m70
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
mebad: i refuse to be burnt.
would you rather rot?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by ifedayoonikola(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Wendyslim(f): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
miteolu: From Cremation to Hell fire.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by cecegorz(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Omo men!
This is the confirmation that those enemies pursuing you have succeeded finally!
You better set out on a 21 days dry fasting at the Osun forest! Lol
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by markpenk: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please prove the bolded. I don't see where it is said in the bible that cremation is against christianity. I personally think that compared to being buried, bloated and left to be eaten and digested by ants, worms, maggots and all other decomposition elements, this is a more decent way to go. In fact, I think it's more honorable (even though we all know that there's no dignity in death).
ebgbest: Mr. Babatunde Fashola should first signify his interest to be cremated when he dies or one member of his family to encourage others to follow up. Are we now in India or are we short of land. this law is against Christianity . Charity begin at home YEYE LAW
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Candybob(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
hahaha na wa oo... Lagosians like to burn burn sha! Tire and fuel things, this one naaa lasgidi govt operation wete!
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
Whatever that is done to my body after death is definitely non of my business tongue.Cos my spirit go dey drink champyne for heaven by then cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Nuzo1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
The iSsue of cremation may not be among the most pressing issues in Lagos now, but it is one of the issues that needed to be addressed and done with.

Lagos is already conjested and lack space for developmental structures not to talk of creating more burial grounds. The passage of this law came at the right time.

This law is optional!

Pay huge ammount for a burial space in Ikoyi cemetary or transport the deceased to Ogun state for free burial space or simply cremate the decesed for a token.
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by Kx: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Un claimed and unconfirmed corpse deserve justice as to cause of death thru autopsy and proper investigation. If police extra judicial killing, d type we saw at Anambra river,UNIBEN etc with d need to exhume d corpse and reinvesitage cos of death, how will dat be done on a creminated corpse?
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by redsun(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
pekelepekele: He should lead by example . Kill yourself get burnt and we will do the same . If not i want to remain fresh even in death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34jC4I1m70

You are not going to remain fresh,you are going to be devoured by maggots.

Which is better,fire with you ash remains with your loved ones or eaten by maggots with your skeleton remains deep in the ground pending on when the space will be used for redevelopment that may require your skeletons being dugged out and burnt?
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by everyday: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Its a welcome development
Re: Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law by mankand(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Wow, great move by Lasgidi.

I have always prayed for this.

In my will, after I die, my Heart, Liver, Kidneys should be donated to those in need of it. However, my remaining should be cremated and my ash should be spread in thin air.

I have always glamored for it.

Good move #Fashola#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police parades 5 In Court Over Nyanya And Kuje Bombings / Desmond Akawor: Secondus Didn’t Pay Party Dues For Four Years / Save Nigeria Movement Accuses Obasanjo Of Planning To Divide Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.