Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,146 members, 7,860,112 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Tithe not working , please help - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe not working , please help (4012 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing has always be in cash or kind . People gave money as tithes in the bible days . Same principle goes with offerings

False, show us where people gave tithes with cash.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing has always be in cash or kind . People gave money as tithes in the bible days . Same principle goes with offerings

Do I need to repeat myself. See scripture below. Stop uttering assumptions. Give me one scripture where it was recorded. My passage below is pretty clear. MONEY was always given as an offering, that is different to tithe smiley
Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:
You spoke calmly and nice, it sounds peaceful but the Apostle did not take it like you are taking it right now. He calls the teaching of the old another gospel from the gospel of Christ.

I envy your sincerity though, Frosbel and his likes will never come back to admit they just saw something they did not see before.

Thanks dear. Am here to learn. It is when people like frosbel starts insulting pastors and churches, calling them frauds and all sorts of abuse that I feel bad. That's why I said that packaging matters in everything. You may have a good message but if you don't package it well people will throw it away and what does it profit you if the message you want people to accept they reject it simply because you didn't package it well? A good example is a recent thread by frosbel titled "Tribulation rubbish", now somebody seeing that topic immediately develops a mindset to attack him even before opening the thread. And when you open the thread, instead of reading it with a calm mind and digesting it, you ll be reading it just to find fault and attack back. Of what gain is it? Frosbel is not a good business man. It appears he is a paid office staff who only signs documents. grin

Again we all have right here to reject any doctrine we find false and accept the true ones. Nobody is perfect as frosbel carries himself to be.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Ok I ve tried reading it with NIV. Now you made sense but I ll still advice that people be allowed to do as they are led by the spirit of God. Tithing is not a sin. You people are also making sense but don't call those who tithe frauds just like we can't say those who worship on sabbath day(saturday) are committing sin. Some are doing the tithe thing simply because its in the bible yet there are some who are being engineered by greed. And those ones device all sorts of money making avenue during church service of which tithe is the very least. God bless you.

I have never said those who tithe are sinners neither do I condemn the act of tithing especially if given from a sincere heart. What I condemn in it's entirety is the deliberate twisting of the word of God to justify compulsory monetary tithes of income from christians. Christians should be encouraged to give to support the gospel but we should never as christian leaders stoop so low as to twist sacred scriptures just to make money for the church.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing has always be in cash or kind . People gave money as tithes in the bible days . Same principle goes with offerings .

Liar tongue

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Frosbel is not a good business man. It appears he is a paid office staff who only signs documents. grin

Again we all have right here to reject any doctrine we find false and accept the true ones. Nobody is perfect as frosbel carries himself to be.

It's quite glaringly obvious that you spew arrogance and anger in almost all your statements, not the kind of person to be associated with from a healthy Christian perspective.

You will be surprised that many of us here are in more senior roles or occupations than yourself , who likes to brag about 'office' at every given opportunity.

Keep your status to yourself and stick to the point.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

I just love the above passage grin I first came across it over ten years ago whilst doing my daily devotion and it eventually released me from the shackles of the false tithe doctrine. I was first shocked to my bone marrow when I read the passage, I was convinced that there must have been an error in the version of the bible I was reading so I got other versions and the story was still the same. This got me thinking, where our christian leaders deliberately mis leading us or where they just ignorant about the truth or were just plain incompetent. Anyway I decided to study the tithe topic extensively in the bible after that and also raised the issue with other christian leaders none of whom was able to justify church tithing with the new evidence I had from scriptures. I still studied so more after that and I then knew and became convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that monetary church tithing today is a modern invention which started aa recently as the late nintheenth century. I also realised that the church of christ was also being abused to justify this false doctrine and millions of innocent believers were suffering and being held captive due to this falsehood hence my resolve to start an enlightenment campaign aimed letting believers know the truth and setting the tithe captives free. To the glory of God since I started this ministry tens of thousands of people around the world have been reached and delivered from this bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Do I need to repeat myself. See scripture below. Stop uttering assumptions. Give me one scripture where it was recorded. My passage below is pretty clear. MONEY was always given as an offering, that is different to tithe smiley

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.

I didnt want to enter debate . I only wanted to clarify you. So pls lets keep it scholastic and not make it a messy war.

Let me give a little background . The principle about tithing is "of all possession" . Abraham' gave tithe of all .

Genesis 14:20
. . . And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 28:22
. . . : and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Luke 18:12
. . . I give tithes of all that I possess.

God demanded animal and crop as offerings and tithes because they were used in the temple for national offerings and sacrifices as well as welfare of priests. How ever it's not every crop or animal that God accept as tithes and offerings. He didnt accept unclean crops and animals because they were not used in the temple. God only took what was usable. You couldn't give tithes of Carmel,dogs ,snakes or pigs etc because they were unclean . Does it mean these unclean farmers were exempted from tithing ? No . They had to give cash equivalent , it is called redemption. People had the option of giving tithes and offering by cash or kind. If you give it tithe in cash ,you add 20% extra cash.

Leviticus 27:31
31 And if a man wants to redeem any of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.

So cash was given as tithe in bible days. Salary earners fall under this category too

I fast twice a week and tithe on all my income. . .
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje: .

I didnt want to enter debate . I only wanted to clarify you. So pls lets keep it scholastic and not make it a messy war.

Let me give a little background . The principle about tithing is "of all possession" . Abraham' gave tithe of all .

. . . : and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

God demanded animal and crop as offerings and tithes because they were used in the temple for national offerings and sacrifices as well as welfare of priests. How ever it's not every crop or animal that God accept as tithes and offerings. He didnt accept unclean crops and animals because they were not used in the temple. God only took what was usable. You couldn't give tithes of Carmel,dogs ,snakes or pigs etc because they were unclean . Does it mean these unclean farmers were exempted from tithing ? No . They had to give cash equivalent , it is called redemption. People had the option of giving tithes and offering by cash or kind. If you give it tithe in cash ,you add 20% extra cash.

So cash was given as tithe in bible days. Salary earners fall under this category too

You still haven't repented of all these your bible gymnastics SMH

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
@joagabje

what version of the bible you quoting from?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2013

Sorry my brother, I must refute you. Leviticus is full of passages where, if one goes back on a promise he must add 20% on top of the value of what ever is pledged. Example below:
Leviticus 27:18-19 "But if they dedicate a field after the Jubilee, the priest will determine the value according to the number of years that remain until the next Year of Jubilee, and its set value will be reduced. 19 If the one who dedicates the field wishes to redeem it, they must add a fifth to its value, and the field will again become theirs.

So there you have it. By the way, one fifth is same thing as 20% for anybody reading this thinking 'why is he highlighting one fifth'.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

It's quite glaringly obvious that you spew arrogance and anger in almost all your statements, not the kind of person to be associated with from a healthy Christian perspective.

You will be surprised that many of us here are in more senior roles or occupations than yourself , who likes to brag about 'office' at every given opportunity.

Keep your status to yourself and stick to the point.

smiley

Stop messing up. You still soud your usual stu.pid and useless way.
Stop fooling yourself that you are a christian with your false teachiings of satan. My friend don't even talk because as far as am concerned you are a slave in the UK. If you want us to talk about status, run out of your slavery and come to Nigeria then we start.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2013

You said 'unclean farmers'? I'm sorry my brother but no Israelite is permitted to farm pig. And why would God want a tenth of an unclean sacrifice? That does not work brother.
Secondly, not everyone tithed. Deuteronomy 26:12 "When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied".

Shalom
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Stop messing up. You still soud your usual stu.pid and useless way.
Stop fooling yourself that you are a christian with your false teachiings of satan. My friend don't even talk because as far as am concerned you are a slave in the UK. If you want us to talk about status, run out of your slavery and come to Nigeria then we start.

we are all slaves in the UK grin

You don't disappoint us with your 'fruits'.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I just love the above passage grin I first came across it over ten years ago whilst doing my daily devotion and it eventually released me from the shackles of the false tithe doctrine. I was first shocked to my bone marrow when I read the passage, I was convinced that there must have been an error in the version of the bible I was reading so I got other versions and the story was still the same. This got me thinking, where our christian leaders deliberately mis leading us or where they just ignorant about the truth or were just plain incompetent. Anyway I decided to study the tithe topic extensively in the bible after that and also raised the issue with other christian leaders none of whom was able to justify church tithing with the new evidence I had from scriptures. I still studied so more after that and I then knew and became convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that monetary church tithing today is a modern invention which started aa recently as the late nintheenth century. I also realised that the church of christ was also being abused to justify this false doctrine and millions of innocent believers were suffering and being held captive due to this falsehood hence my resolve to start an enlightenment campaign aimed letting believers know the truth and setting the tithe captives free. To the glory of God since I started this ministry tens of thousands of people around the world have been reached and delivered from this bondage.

Praise God for the truth brother. I only started studying this year. Finished NT, now on OT (Joshua). It's amazing the truths one discovers when he reads the word for himself, studying diligently.
To be honest I must even go over NT again. Seeking God regarding the grace vs law issue. As I have grown up believing law is done away with. But everytime I pick up the word, I feel God is telling me otherwise. Feel free to join discussion in my thread.

#JustaBrotherSeekingTruth smiley

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You said 'unclean farmers'? I'm sorry my brother but no Israelite is permitted to farm pig.

Says who? Can you quote the scripture ? Dog , horse,Carmel are all unclean animal . God only said not to eat them. If people could rear horses why can't they rare pigs .

Matthew 8:32-33
And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine. . .

If you study that passage ,the shepherd of those swine were Israelites

And why would God want a tenth of an unclean sacrifice? That does not work brother.

Don't use your imagination , or mind assumption. Check the scripture. People gave tithes and offering of unclean animals ,they only gave it in cash. Don't the priest ride unclean horse!

Leviticus 27:27
27 If it be of an unclean animal, the owner may redeem it according to your valuation, and shall add a fifth to it; or if it is not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to your valuation.

Secondly, not everyone tithed. Deuteronomy 26:12 "When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied".

That's a different tithe for feasting every 3years, not the annual one that is given to God
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

How does Christ at work in you change your volition and liberty of the faith? It seem to me like you know the truth but you have chosen to be adamant with another faith asides of Christ.
you seem not to know the scripture i quoted..go back and study it again..maybe Christ will give you light
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

we are all slaves in the UK grin

You don't disappoint us with your 'fruits'.

And you ve always been a disappointemnt abd shame to christianity with your fruits of falsehood from satan.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

And you ve always been a disappointemnt abd shame to christianity with your fruits of falsehood from satan.

is that all you can say ? The same boring words , 'shame', 'lies', 'fool' etc, how about coming up with an original argument based on scripture and not subjective emotional childish feelings.

smiley
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2013

Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Matthew 8:32-33
And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine. . .

If you study that passage ,the shepherd of those swine were Israelites

That's a different tithe for feasting every 3years, not the annual one that is given to God [/quote]

Thank you for the invitation. I know that scripture, and Matthew 8:28 says "And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes". And I can tell you conclusively this was a gentile town. I like how you said "if you study the passage, the shepherd of those swine were israelites". Please tell me how you concluded that to be so. Unclean spirits casted into unclean animals. Makes sense.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

is that all you can say ? The same boring words , 'shame', 'lies', 'fool' etc, how about coming up with an original argument based on scripture and not subjective emotional childish feelings.

smiley

Still sounding stu.pid. You re scared of hearing about your shame. Stop being scared and do away with your sataninc teachings.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah you are right. Until they show me where it is written. For example the apostles talked about not judging people concerning the sabbath day or any holy day, or about food or herbs they also talked about no more sacrifices of animal for sins as practiced in the old testament etc. Jesus amended the law of an eye for an eye, the law of thou shall not commit fornication, the law of thou shall not kill, about divorce etc. These are some of the old testament practices they amended but did they mention tithe as they did concerning the ones I mentioned? I VE NOT SEEN IT. For some one to come here and type fail when the bible did not say fail is an excercise in futility.

FAIL! FAILED! and MASSIVE FAIL! Still stands. That Christians MUST tithe? For where? Who taught you that?

Priesthood changed and the law changed. If you don't accept that then you have been disobeying God. You must go to Israel and look for levites to pay your tithe. That is the only way you will not be punished according to the law abi malachi.

As for we Christians, we were taught that sacrificial giving pleases God, Heb 13:16. We were not told to pay tithe or do you know where they say Christians should pay tithe? You can never get that, trust me. Abi you wan try?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
babaearly: @joagabje

what version of the bible you quoting from?

Luke 18:12 from message translation
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

FAIL! FAILED! and MASSIVE FAIL! Still stands. That Christians MUST tithe? For where? Who taught you that?

Priesthood changed and the law changed. If you don't accept that then you have been disobeying God. You must go to Israel and look for levites to pay your tithe. That is the only way you will not be punished according to the law abi malachi.

As for we Christians, we were taught that sacrificial giving pleases God, Heb 13:16. We were not told to pay tithe or do you know where they say Christians should pay tithe? You can never get that, trust me. Abi you wan try?

Thank You Bro.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Zikkyy(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:
Check the scripture. People gave tithes and offering of unclean animals.....

Joagbaje, can you show us the part in scriptures where people gave tithes of unclean animals. be informed that Leviticus 27:27 was not talking about tithe, so show us where people gave tithe of unclean animals please.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

Fourth FAIL!

grin
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

Joagbaje, can you show us the part in scriptures where people gave tithes of unclean animals. be informed that Leviticus 27:27 was not talking about tithe, so show us where people gave tithe of unclean animals please.

You should be used to Joagbaje's lying and deceitful ways by now. He would probably post another unrelated scripture and try and create an impression that there is a link.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Zikkyy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:
Tithing has always be in cash or kind . People gave money as tithes in the bible days .

angry Joagbaje you cannot be reaching conclusions based on what you think, you need to provide support. kindly provide some names or instances where people gave cash as tithe.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

When you read from the Message translation, it is little wonder he is quoting falsely.
Read the King James
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

You are late sir.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

angry Joagbaje you cannot be reaching conclusions based on what you think, you need to provide support. kindly provide some names or instances where people gave cash as tithe.

Check my posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Liberation Mandate Is 35 – Living Faith Church Worldwide Aka Winners Chapel / See What A Pastor Was Spotted Doing To A Lady During A Deliverance Prayer(pic) / Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.