Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,421 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

Tithe not working , please help - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe not working , please help (4014 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe not working , please help by nep2ra(m): 10:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^^ Thirded

MASSIVE FAIL

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
page 1, pragress.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
Image123: page 1, pragress.

Olodo tongue

3 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by nep2ra(m): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
Image123: page 1, pragress.

Omolor tongue
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
Things people don't know about the new covenant.

Hebrews 4:3-10
9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

Most people are still counting days(sat and sun) before they keep the sabbath because they dont know the true sabbath desired by God.

Hebrews 13:16
16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Most people are still paying tithe because they dont know the true giving that pleases God.

this is the reason the apostles never taught people to keep saturday sabbath. this why they never taught people to pay tithe.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 5:35am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

Boomark: ^^Seconded

FAILED!
nep2ra: ^^^ Thirded

MASSIVE FAIL

Your opinion. Not the scriptures. You people have not shown where the new testament cancelled tithe. All your submissions are mere assumption and its not valid enough to cancel tithe outrightly.
Where did the apostle specifically say we should stop tighting?

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Your opinion. Not the scriptures. You people have not shown where the new testament cancelled tithe. All your submissions are mere assumption and its not valid enough to cancel tithe outrightly.
Don't mind these greedy and covetous fellows, they also failed in the eyes of scriptures.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 6:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: Don't mind these greedy and covetous fellows, they also failed in the eyes of scriptures.

Yeah you are right. Until they show me where it is written. For example the apostles talked about not judging people concerning the sabbath day or any holy day, or about food or herbs they also talked about no more sacrifices of animal for sins as practiced in the old testament etc. Jesus amended the law of an eye for an eye, the law of thou shall not commit fornication, the law of thou shall not kill, about divorce etc. These are some of the old testament practices they amended but did they mention tithe as they did concerning the ones I mentioned? I VE NOT SEEN IT. For some one to come here and type fail when the bible did not say fail is an excercise in futility.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 7:02am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah you are right. Until they show me where it is written. For example the apostles talked about not judging people concerning the sabbath day or any holy day, or about food or herbs they also talked about no more sacrifices of animal for sins as practiced in the old testament etc. Jesus amended the law of an eye for an eye, the law of thou shall not commit fornication, the law of thou shall not kill, about divorce etc. These are some of the old testament practices they amended but did they mention tithe as they did concerning the ones I mentioned? I VE NOT SEEN IT. For some one to come here and type fail when the bible did not say fail is an excercise in futility.

Except you have torn the passage out of your bible hebrews 7:5-19 makes it clear that tithing as been done away with no matter how you want to twist that passage. cool

3 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by shdemidemi(m): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

If we truly want to be sincere with ourself, we would understand the purpose for tithing in the Old Testament, we would also understand the people involved in the ritual of tithing(the Jews). God gave the right to collect tithe to Aaron and his descendants for a reason, all of these things were part of the old covenant/testament God had with the twelve tribes of Israel.

The death and resurrection of Christ gave birth to a mystical body of Christ called the church, a new covenant/testament began after Christ fulfilled the demands of the law. The entire world (Jews inclusive) can now be engrafted into a brand new gospel from every other faith to a new faith in Christ Jesus.

The only way God's power can be revealed is through the gospel of Christ cos the bible says 'the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone who believes'. Adding contents of the flesh/law is adding another ritual to a finished work at Calvary.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by shdemidemi(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: Don't mind these greedy and covetous fellows, they also failed in the eyes of scriptures.
Could you please explain what is wrong in embracing Christ and only Christ and the liberty that comes with the faith-'Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty'.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by oiseworld: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

If we truly want to be sincere with ourself, we would understand the purpose for tithing in the Old Testament, we would also understand the people involved in the ritual of tithing(the Jews). God gave the right to collect tithe to Aaron and his descendants for a reason, all of these things were part of the old covenant/testament God had with the twelve tribes of Israel.

The death and resurrection of Christ gave birth to a mystical body of Christ called the church, a new covenant/testament began after Christ fulfilled the demands of the law. The entire world (Jews inclusive) can now be engrafted into a brand new gospel from every other faith to a new faith in Christ Jesus.

The only way God's power can be revealed is through the gospel of Christ cos the bible says 'the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone who believes'. Adding contents of the flesh/law is adding another ritual to a finished work at Calvary.

if you dont want to pay tithe fine.no whahala. thats for you and God. Just dont claim you can give tithe to someone else.
Dont give alms and call it paying of tithe. Tithe is a tenth of your earning that you take to the house of God, period !

For me, its become a doctrine am never going to let go. i feel more belong in the family of God when i pay tithe.

You Just keep twisting the scriptures to suit your greed.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Except you have torn the passage out of your bible hebrews 7:5-19 makes it clear that tithing as been done away with no matter how you want to twist that passage. cool

I just read the place you quoted and it didn't cancel tithe. Where Jesus mentioned tithe he didn't cancel it too. See, am not a pastor and nothing concerns me with benefitting from tithes that people paid. Am also giving my own tithe so when I insist am going to be giving tithe its purely based on the fact that its in the scripture and I ve not seen it cancelled. If you decide not to give that's for you but what I won't accept is somebody cancelling it on assumption.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:
Could you please explain what is wrong in embracing Christ and only Christ and the liberty that comes with the faith-'Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty'.
And is it not the same bible that tells me Christ is at work in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure..so wat's ur own problem if i consistently give 10% of my earnings to God's household? and pls don't tell me it's legalism..we don hear dat flimsy excuse tire. If i for instance give 10% of my time in prayers, study of the word, evangelism, teachings etc.. do you call that legalism? all these guys coming here to spew thrash just ask them how have they been able to contribute towards projects in their local assemblies, even Jesus warned us to beware of covetousness for a man's life does not consist on the abundance of things he possesses, freely we have received and freely we ought to also give..it is as simple as that.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2013
Tithing is not a work of the law it's a work of faith.
Fasting is not a work of the law ,It's a work
Prayer is not a work of the law ,it's a work of faith.
Offering giving is not a irk of the law ,it's a work of faith ,
Alms giving is not a work of the law ,it's a work of faith,
worshipping God it's not a work of the law it's a work of faith .

Let tithing debate end . Lets go and win souls . And plant trees or righteousness in Gods kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by truthislight: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2013
nep2ra: ^^^ Thirded

MASSIVE FAIL

Fourth FAIL!

4 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by truthislight: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2013
oiseworld:

if you dont want to pay tithe fine.no whahala. thats for you and God. Just dont claim you can give tithe to someone else.
Dont give alms and call it paying of tithe. Tithe is a tenth of your earning that you take to the house of God, period !

For me, its become a doctrine am never going to let go. i feel more belong in the family of God when i pay tithe.

You Just keep twisting the scriptures to suit your greed.

Its not likely you pay tithes, rather, you receive tithes.

Go get a Job and stop sounding desperate.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by truthislight: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje: Tithing is not a work of the law it's a work of faith.
Fasting is not a work of the law ,It's a work
Prayer is not a work of the law ,it's a work of faith.
Offering giving is not a irk of the law ,it's a work of faith ,
Alms giving is not a work of the law ,it's a work of faith,
worshipping God it's not a work of the law it's a work of faith .

Let tithing debate end . Lets go and win souls . And plant trees or righteousness in Gods kingdom.

The debate should end but tithing should continue! Smh.

Btw, which kingdom ? Properity kingdom ?

Which gospel did you get material properity preaching from ?

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by omogeyoyo(f): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2013
oiseworld: Tithing is compulsory for all christians. You should pay your tithe to God in your various churches. Don't give your tithe to the poor;it is not alms. Neither is it an alternative to charity or kindness.

Don't be deceived for God is not mocked; whatever you sow, you will reap.

Bring yee all the tithe into the store house that there may be meat in my house says the lord of Host, and watch me hence forth if ........
Last time i checked, this scriptures are still in the bible and still a message for the present day Isreal(we). God has not changed, he remains the same for ever more Don't let unseen humans lure you from the truth of God.
I support u Jare ♍Ɣ broda most so called Christianstinks Christianity is a religiou they do not know dat it is a practice. U r not a Christian if u don't practice the word of God. N wat the op posted here is d word of God n u r saying he failed can u quantify ure reasons?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by shdemidemi(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: And is it not the same bible that tells me Christ is at work in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure..so wat's ur own problem if i consistently give 10% of my earnings to God's household? and pls don't tell me it's legalism..we don hear dat flimsy excuse tire. If i for instance give 10% of my time in prayers, study of the word, evangelism, teachings etc.. do you call that legalism? all these guys coming here to spew thrash just ask them how have they been able to contribute towards projects in their local assemblies, even Jesus warned us to beware of covetousness for a man's life does not consist on the abundance of things he possesses, freely we have received and freely we ought to also give..it is as simple as that.

How does Christ at work in you change your volition and liberty of the faith? It seem to me like you know the truth but you have chosen to be adamant with another faith asides of Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

I just read the place you quoted and it didn't cancel tithe. Where Jesus mentioned tithe he didn't cancel it too. See, am not a pastor and nothing concerns me with benefitting from tithes that people paid. Am also giving my own tithe so when I insist am going to be giving tithe its purely based on the fact that its in the scripture and I ve not seen it cancelled. If you decide not to give that's for you but what I won't accept is somebody cancelling it on assumption.

Apologies if you can't comprehend the simple english written in that passage, but could you tell me to your understanding of what specifically was said to have been annulled in verse 18 of that passage?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by shdemidemi(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

In the Old Testament God asked the Jews to build a tabernacle where He would dwell with them-'And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.' God came down and He was in the holy of holies. In the New Testament, the Jews had God with them (God with us,Immanuel) and after Christ left to heaven, the Holy Spirit was sent. The Holy Spirit is God and He dwells in us, we are the living temple of God.

And I (Jesus) will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

In the book of Acts, even a Levite gave all He had at the feet of the Apostle to be shared accordingly, they lived as a community and no ritual of 10% was recorded-
Acts 4:36
And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, 37 having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

The church is trying so hard to be Jews , when all we can be and all we were expected to be is the church, which in itself is greater than being a Jew. The Jews are Christ's subject while He is their king but every member of the church makes up the body of Christ.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:
Which gospel did you get material properity preaching from ?

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

So which gospel did you get your poverty from?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

All you need to know about the tithe, whether Abraham or Law of Moses. You don't need to judge for yourself, scripture makes it plain.

Numbers 18:21-24
I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting.22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”

This is a story for another day (or you can see my thread on Ewe/Yoruba being true Israelites), I consider myself a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I am not under law to tithe however because my pastor is not a Levite. Consider this, even Jews of today do not tithe, for this very reason.

Secondly, tithe is not money, never was, never will be. But you are thinking, "but I earn money, not cattle". Well then, let me gie you another verse:

Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.

If you tithe for the same reason Abraham tithed (only recorded once though) i.e. out of choice and NOT compulsion, that is great and there is no law against that. But let me give you knowledge regarding his tithe so no man put you under guilt.

Abraham simply gave a tenth of the spoils of war, which did not belong to him in the first place. After that, there is no record of him tithing again. Also, he gave the remaining 90% to his men. If you did that every time you earned income, your children would starve to death. Let us examine the scripture
Genesis 14:20-24
"And Abram gave him a tenth of everything. 21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.” 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the Lord, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth, 23 that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’ 24 I will take nothing but what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me. Let Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre take their share.”

When we true Hebrews are restored to the land, then I will bring my tithe as per the law. All other tithes you give out of choice. And the Lord loves a cheerful giver

Shalom
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Apologies if you can't comprehend the simple english written in that passage, but could you tell me to your understanding of what specifically was said to have been annulled in verse 18 of that passage?

Ok I ve tried reading it with NIV. Now you made sense but I ll still advice that people be allowed to do as they are led by the spirit of God. Tithing is not a sin. You people are also making sense but don't call those who tithe frauds just like we can't say those who worship on sabbath day(saturday) are committing sin. Some are doing the tithe thing simply because its in the bible yet there are some who are being engineered by greed. And those ones device all sorts of money making avenue during church service of which tithe is the very least. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Ok I ve tried reading it with NIV. Now you made sense but I ll still advice that people be allowed to do as they are led by the spirit of God. Tithing is not a sin. You people are also making sense but don't call those who tithe frauds just like we can't say those who worship on sabbath day(saturday) are committing sin. Some are doing the tithe thing simply because its in the bible yet there are some who are being engineered by greed. And those ones device all sorts of money making avenue during church service of which tithe is the very least. God bless you.

The Sabbath is holy. Isaiah 66:23 " And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord"
That is end time prophecy.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day".

Jesus expected Sabbath to be observed come that time in 70ad. And Isaiah suggests it will be observed right at the end.

Shalom
Re: Tithe not working , please help by shdemidemi(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

You spoke calmly and nice, it sounds peaceful but the Apostle did not take it like you are taking it right now. He calls the teaching of the old another gospel from the gospel of Christ.

I envy your sincerity though, Frosbel and his likes will never come back to admit they just saw something they did not see before.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

In the Old Testament God asked the Jews to build a tabernacle where He would dwell with them-'And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.' God came down and He was in the holy of holies. In the New Testament, the Jews had God with them (God with us,Immanuel) and after Christ left to heaven, the Holy Spirit was sent. The Holy Spirit is God and He dwells in us, we are the living temple of God.

And I (Jesus) will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

In the book of Acts, even a Levite gave all He had at the feet of the Apostle to be shared accordingly, they lived as a community and no ritual of 10% was recorded-
Acts 4:36
And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, 37 having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

The church is trying so hard to be Jews , when all we can be and all we were expected to be is the church, which in itself is greater than being a Jew. The Jews are Christ's subject while He is their king but every member of the church makes up the body of Christ.

You really made sense here too. But I still advice that tithers should not be regarded as sinners. Let people do as they are led by the spirit of God. God bless you.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The Sabbath is holy. Isaiah 66:23 " And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord"
That is end time prophecy.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day".

Jesus expected Sabbath to be observed come that time in 70ad. And Isaiah suggests it will be observed right at the end.

Shalom

Read collosians 2: 16-17.

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by JesusisLord85: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

Read collosians 2: 16-17.

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Yes I know that passage. Now explain to me how you interpret that. TRUST that I will give you a clear interpretation. Now before you begin to type, consider this passage:
Acts 21:20-25
"When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

So Paul lived according to the Law, as did Peter. It seems strange that people think they did not.

See my thread about the law. I am studying this at the moment, as I am not sure we are not to observe it.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:
Secondly, tithe is not money, never was, never will be. :

Tithing has always be in cash or kind . People gave money as tithes in the bible days . Same principle goes with offerings
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Joagbaje(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Do I need to repeat myself. See scripture below. Stop uttering assumptions. Give me one scripture where it was recorded. My passage below is pretty clear. MONEY was always given as an offering, that is different to tithe smiley

Deuteronomy 14:22-27
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

If God accepted money, he would have said, if your tithe is too heavy to carry to the place of worship, turn it into silver and give the money to Levites. BUT he did not. He said exchange it for money, go to the place of worship, and THEN buy food.

I didnt want to enter debate . I only wanted to clarify you. So pls lets keep it scholastic and not make it a messy war.

Let me give a little background . The principle about tithing is "of all possession" . Abraham' gave tithe of all .

Genesis 14:20
. . . And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 28:22
. . . : and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Luke 18:12
. . . I give tithes of all that I possess.

God demanded animal and crop as offerings and tithes because they were used in the temple for national offerings and sacrifices as well as welfare of priests. How ever it's not every crop or animal that God accept as tithes and offerings. He didnt accept unclean crops and animals because they were not used in the temple. God only took what was usable. You couldn't give tithes of Carmel,dogs ,snakes or pigs etc because they were unclean . Does it mean these unclean farmers were exempted from tithing ? No . They had to give cash equivalent , it is called redemption. People had the option of giving tithes and offering by cash or kind. If you give it tithe in cash ,you add 20% extra cash.

Leviticus 27:31
31 And if a man wants to redeem any of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.

So cash was given as tithe in bible days. Salary earners fall under this category too

Luke 18:12
I fast twice a week and tithe on all my income. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' / Do Muslims Give Offerings\tithe In Mosque? / Is God A Politician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.