Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Tithe not working , please help - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe not working , please help (3997 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
nep2ra:

Here was I thinking you turned a new leaf. undecided

Don't worry yourself. I don't have any problem with you. Its me and frosbel who thinks he is all knowing in the scriptures . Ordinarily I don't argue heatedly about tithe and you can see am not arguing tithe with him now. Thanks.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
nep2ra:

Here was I thinking you turned a new leaf. undecided
alexleo:

Don't worry yourself. I don't have any problem with you. Its me and frosbel who thinks he is all knowing in the scriptures . Ordinarily I don't argue heatedly about tithe. Thanks.

Ok o! Cos i was thinking frosbel should be very careful before gun comes out from nowhere and shoot somebody.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Am not saying you should agree with me. And no one is condemning tithers. Where the problem is with those who preach that tithing is a much for Christians, who call Christian non-tithers robbers using malachi, who use tithe cards to monitor tithe and check those they will attend their burial ceremony.

If you check well, God is more interested in man than church building, light, tv, fan, etc. Tithers should not because of hoarding their tithe allow the least of Jesus' brother to die because of hospital bill. For my Lord will surely ask, " why did you leave me to die, the money you are keeping till Sunday is it not still for me?" Surely, Mt 25:41-46 must come to pass.

Hebrew 13:16 is all we know as Christians.

You made some points here. Not all though. Thanks.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by truthislight: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
I have learnt not to take the words of Joe dollars to the bank, so i went and produce what he said bellow

Joagbaje: @Jesuslord85

Says who? Can you quote the scripture ? Dog , horse,Carmel are all unclean animal . God only said not to eat them. If people could rear horses why can't they rare pigs .

Matthew 8:32-33
And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine. . .

If you study that passage ,the shepherd of those swine were Israelites

cheesy

"And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters." (Matthew 8:28-32).

How can one verify from that ^ that that the swine headers were Jews ?

Even though it was a samaritans village, the samaritans of Jesus day were a mixed race of Jews and gentiles from the former 10 tribes of Israel.

Joe will do anything to keep the cash rowing cheesy
Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
My friend Alexeleo will not want me to label all tithe collecting churches prosperity gospellers. He says I should package my message so that it will be sell able. The only response to this packaging doctrine is that it has no biblical foundation: sound doctrine is sometimes an offence to the hearers.

But let me define the prosperity gospeller: Anyone who undermines the doctrine of grace - who is ignorant of the unsearchable riches of Christ but who seeks to replace this gospel with man-made doctrines be it confusing grace mixed with law - leading to seeking blessing-at-all-cost-gospel or those who major on the law leading to a holiness movement (and legalism) - a bid 'to make heaven'

The doctrine of grace answers these two extremes by 1. We are blessed already; Eph 1:3, and not to seek blessings. 2. We have Christ righteousness and a sure hope in heaven and so we don't seek to make it.

So I am forced to expand on these grace doctrine but constrained by space.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by truthislight: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

No rather I issue different translations that can break the truths into simple language for those who confuse themselves like you. cool . And I believe I'm at liberty to use any translation or is there a Nairaland recommended translation?

Chei ! Joe dollars dey do guy grin

Joe, e be like say tithing cash dong drop for church. grin
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Ok o! Cos i was thinking frosbel should be very careful before gun comes out from nowhere and shoot somebody.

Hahahaha ... No way o. Just his false teachings and his i-sabi-bible-perfectly posture that I don't like. That's all.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

To the glory of God since I started this ministry tens of thousands of people around the world have been reached and delivered from this bondage.
i remember the 20something that attended your crusade last year phantom kun, and how folks tried to console you with that two or three are gathered together verse.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexleo:

You made some points here. Not all though. Thanks.

You are welcomed.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
DrummaBoy: My friend Alexeleo will not want me to label all tithe collecting churches prosperity gospellers. He says I should package my message so that it will be sell able. The only response to this packaging doctrine is that it has no biblical foundation: sound doctrine is sometimes an offence to the hearers.

But let me define the prosperity gospeller: Anyone who undermines the doctrine of grace - who is ignorant of the unsearchable riches of Christ but who seeks to replace this gospel with man-made doctrines be it confusing grace mixed with law - leading to seeking blessing-at-all-cost-gospel or those who major on the law leading to a holiness movement (and legalism) - a bid 'to make heaven'

The doctrine of grace answers these two extremes by 1. We are blessed already; Eph 1:3, and not to seek blessings. 2. We have Christ righteousness and a sure hope in heaven and so we don't seek to make it.

So I am forced to expand on these grace doctrine but constrained by space.

Ok thanks dear. Am not saying you shouldn't say what you want to say. Let's take this small example - if am using glo network and mtn wants to market their product to me all they need do is just tell me all the benefits of using their network and as they are telling me the benefits next is I start drawing comparison between their network and the glo am using and as soon as i see that theirs is better i drop my glo for mtn. Now they convinced me with their overwhelming benefits/package and not by condemning glo.
Coming back to this very issue what am saying is that the trouble that this tithe has generated here may not have come after all if the non tithers had concentrated on the new testament giving and all that has to do with it without condemning tithers and branding them frauds and all that. Sell your package first and once its convincing enough you ll see somebody dropping the one he has been practicing before. It is not all those name calling that convinces, it is your points so why waste time on it. The name calling rather ignites trouble like I said and can make somebody to lose a good message you may be passing while he is attacking you.
Honestly if you go to a radio station in Nigeria to deliver teaching about this issue and you start calling the tithers fraudulent and all that, when its time for people to phone in and comment you will see how people will phone in and condemn your teaching to the extent that you ll come out crying. But if you go there and just concentrate on the need for the New testament practice than the old testament without condemning it or abusing pastors and churches that do it, you ll win many. That's why I said be wise. Your condemnation will make sense only to those you have convinced so its not the main thing.

The little I can telll you for now. God bless you.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Indeed, for wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Ziktithe is in d hause.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by ikemofepo(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2013
We all need to be patient with tithers. I was once there too myself. I remember all the crap that happened and how much we suffered because we indeed try to buy God's blessings. My questions on tithing have never been answerable, and even our so called grace teachers believe you get everything from God by grace through faith, except one - MONEY. You have to give and tithe and sow until you go broke. I remember my dad vowing money he never had, paying 20 percent as tithe and all the other crap we are encouraged to do as Christians. Someone even said we have to do what Abraham did to be as blessed as he is. They consider the blessing of Abraham material. That is all just false. The blessing of Abraham was righteousness APART from works! Abraham was already EXTREMELY blessed before he gave tithes. My pastor still wanted me to believe he paid tithes and all the passages they quote. I just had to write about the crap on my blog http://mb.mettalloids.com and you can also download a book here that explicitly talks about the tithe http://mb.mettalloids.com/tithe-and-you-the-book/ . Ever since I stopped tithing, I have been able to give way more that 40 percent of my income. In this, it was easier to consider the poor and needy which was Christ's injunction to his disciples. May God help us!

5 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
[quote
author=Image123]
i remember the 20something that attended your crusade last year phantom
kun, and how folks tried to console you with that two or three are
gathered together verse.[/quote]

I thought that point Jesoul raised was a very valid one: I didn't know however that it hit such a sore point in you that it has remained indelible in ur memory.

Yes God has never gloried or worked with numbers; so that there was a bit over 20 people in that meeting does not make it a failure. What is failing us as a nation and what is a failure is this country recording the largest gathering of believers in the world and still the most corrupt and most backward. The more reason why the doctrines these crowd pullers must be x-rayed, especially the very fraudulent tithe.

So to re-iterate the point made: where two or three are gathered in His name there he is. while we are @ this, we should also ask in what name these crowded churches gather: in the name of TITHE?

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
ikemofepo: We all need to be patient with tithers. I was once there too myself. I remember all the crap that happened and how much we suffered because we indeed try to buy God's blessings. My questions on tithing have never been answerable, and even our so called grace teachers believe you get everything from God by grace through faith, except one - MONEY. You have to give and tithe and sow until you go broke. I remember my dad vowing money he never had, paying 20 percent as tithe and all the other crap we are encouraged to do as Christians. Someone even said we have to do what Abraham did to be as blessed as he is. They consider the blessing of Abraham material. That is all just false. The blessing of Abraham was righteousness APART from works! Abraham was already EXTREMELY blessed before he gave tithes. My pastor still wanted me to believe he paid tithes and all the passages they quote. I just had to write about the crap on my blog http://mb.mettalloids.com I will upload a book here that will help. Ever since I stopped tithing, I have been able to give way more that 40 percent of my income. In this, it was easier to consider the poor and needy which was Christ's injunction to his disciples. May God help us!

Another comment that demolishes the Tithe LIE.

1000 likes.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
ikemofepo: We all need to be patient with tithers. I was once there too myself. I remember all the crap that happened and how much we suffered because we indeed try to buy God's blessings. My questions on tithing have never been answerable, and even our so called grace teachers believe you get everything from God by grace through faith, except one - MONEY. You have to give and tithe and sow until you go broke. I remember my dad vowing money he never had, paying 20 percent as tithe and all the other crap we are encouraged to do as Christians. Someone even said we have to do what Abraham did to be as blessed as he is. They consider the blessing of Abraham material. That is all just false. The blessing of Abraham was righteousness APART from works! Abraham was already EXTREMELY blessed before he gave tithes. My pastor still wanted me to believe he paid tithes and all the passages they quote. I just had to write about the crap on my blog http://mb.mettalloids.com I will upload a book here that will help. Ever since I stopped tithing, I have been able to give way more that 40 percent of my income. In this, it was easier to consider the poor and needy which was Christ's injunction to his disciples. May God help us!
Please, can you quote this Christ's injunction about the poor?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
Please, can you quote this Christ's injunction about the poor?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I thought that point Jesoul raised was a very valid one: I didn't know however that it hit such a sore point in you that it has remained indelible in ur memory.

Yes God has never gloried or worked with numbers; so that there was a bit over 20 people in that meeting does not make it a failure. What is failing us as a nation and what is a failure is this country recording the largest gathering of believers in the world and still the most corrupt and most backward. The more reason why the doctrines these crowd pullers must be x-rayed, especially the very fraudulent tithe.

So to re-iterate the point made: where two or three are gathered in His name there he is. while we are @ this, we should also ask in what name these crowded churches gather: in the name of TITHE?
If you still have a functioning conscience, you would have seen that it was phantom kun that was glorying in numbers as tens of thousands
Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Image

Let me refresh your memory: Someone had advertised a meeting that was gonna discuss tithing on this forum. Kun then gave briefing on how d meeting went and mentioned that it was well attended with about 24 people in attendance.

Image responded to this by saying the organizers should have gotten Bonkke to pull crowd for them. JeSoul corrected that notion by quoting where 2 or 3 are gathered... and Image was shut up until now.

I do not know what conscience has been defiled by relating this. I should ask how you can live with your own conscience by quoting someone wrongly: Kun never said 'tens of thousands' attended: he was truthful enough to give the number in attendance which U tried to ridicule to your shame. You are the ones who glory in numbers and this is the more reason the doctrine you espouse is not only false but also a lie, as you have no qualms lying about something written in black and white.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2013
kufre2010: If christianity is not based on hypocrisy why would they reject other doctrine like clothings, food choice as old testament stuff but uphold tithing we is old testament doctrine. My brother give ur tithe to the less privilage who don't have food to eat and u wil see how God will bless u. Why given to a man of God to maintain his private jets and fleet of cars.
this is plain foolish talk, you can't generalise as you will. Not all pastors support tithing.

As for op, what exactly are you expecting? Are you thinking your tithe is payment for financial breakthrough? This is what happens when christians refuse to read the bible and listen to what a lying pastor has to say. Some of you just believe pastors can't tell lies and are holier than you. Better wake up and look for a way to better your finances, if u need the tithe then spend it. God does not need your money in heaven but some sly suit wearing dude does. Be wise.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 12:07am On Jun 17, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Image

Let me refresh your memory: Someone had advertised a meeting that was gonna discuss tithing on this forum. Kun then gave briefing on how d meeting went and mentioned that it was well attended with about 24 people in attendance.

Image responded to this by saying the organizers should have gotten Bonkke to pull crowd for them. JeSoul corrected that notion by quoting where 2 or 3 are gathered... and Image was shut up until now.

I do not know what conscience has been defiled by relating this. I should ask how you can live with your own conscience by quoting someone wrongly: Kun never said 'tens of thousands' attended: he was truthful enough to give the number in attendance which U tried to ridicule to your shame. You are the ones who glory in numbers and this is the more reason the doctrine you espouse is not only false but also a lie, as you have no qualms lying about something written in black and white.
Thanks voltron, i enjoyed the drumming around. You have earned three points. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2013
Image123:
Thanks voltron, i enjoyed the drumming around. You have earned three points. Congrats.

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Why Religion Is Clueless ( Section 2) / See How Bet9ja Was Place On A Church Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.