Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (21382 Views)

Osun, Ogun And Oyo States Joins Lagos To Declare 12 June Public Holiday / Monday Declared Public Holiday In Kaduna. / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by babaireti(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Kudos to these Governors,they are the true Democrats who will not allow personal grudge,envy and pride to becloud their sense of genuine recognition of a true Martyr.As for Abiola and all those who paid a supreme sacrifice in enthroning Democracy in our land,May GOD grant them Paradise and bless those they left behind.Long live Nigeria,Long live our Democracy,and long Live our Democrats.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by JetSet: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fashola should stop selling us Awori and Eguns Ethnic group which business do we have with June 12 no problem it is high time tinubu should leave our state for us and go back to his village

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Wendyslim(f): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
nerodenero: June 12,1993 remains the best election ever conducted in Nigeria.Too bad the acclaimed winner was denied but above all,it is my desire that one day and somehow this country will be able to conduct a replica of June 1993 election or even a better one.MKO Abiola lives on!
. Yes oooo dat is the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria. Rest on MKO
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
The "Jews" should learn from this: there is a difference between a sit-at-home exercise and a holiday. In a democratic setting, a holiday, which people should not be forced but voluntarily observe is fashionable. Anybody can decide not to observe it.
The reason the "Jews" have been observing "sit-at-home exercise is because of their belief that if they fail to open their shops Nigerians will go hungry and the economy will be adversely affected. Thank God God is not a "Biafran". To the "Biafrans", if the governments of these states decide to close all the markets, especially Alaba, Ladipo, Tatangowa, etc, in the states for June 12 to observed, won't you say the Igbo are hated?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jarus:

When the state has been declaring June 12 public holiday for more than 5 years now.

Maybe you thought you will also not to go work in the private/FG establishment you work?
you are a genius for reading my thoughts. Man need to rest at home jare. 24hours rest in this garagara world is a big plus bro.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by funshint(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
So sad and unfortunate how Mimiko is gradually alienating Ondo state from Southwest issues...well time will tell. I just hp Ondo pple can see way beyond their nose. As far as SW is concerned we all need eachother 'cus we're brothers. This politics of division being played by Mimiko shld pls stop for the overall progress of the Yoruba race. Odua agbe wa O°˚˚˚ !!!

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
I expect opc to enforce this law on those that don't comply especially igbos like jet set.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
grin
Jet Set:

Try and Respect Your-self Why should the declare Public holidays in Lagos State we are not yoruba but Aworis and Eguns Ethinc Group the real owner of Lagos state
I no follow u talk dat one o. My own be say I won dey house dat day. Dats all

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
I strongly believe that if these states, and Lagos State then joins, decide that markets even, Alaba, Ladipo, Katangowa, etc should be closed to observe June 12, and with law emforcement agencies to emforce it like MASSOB did on Saturday, the "Jews" will say the Yoruba hate them.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Liverpoolfc(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
I love GEJ so much. In his cluelessness he proved beyond reasonable doubt that those that celebrate june 12 ostensibly do so to satisfy their selfish interest. Since then, june 12 mean nothing to me as he that was even thought to have won meant nothing to his own people.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by redsun(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
This is treasonable and an act of secession.They have no right to do that in federal republic of nigeria,especially in the federal capital,lagos.

Abiola was no a national,he was one dem usurpers that got a taste of his own bile.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
funshint: So sad and unfortunate how Mimiko is gradually alienating Ondo state from Southwest issues...well time will tell. I just hp Ondo pple can see way beyond their nose. As far as SW is concerned we all need eachother 'cus we're brothers. This politics of division being played by Mimiko shld pls stop for the overall progress of the Yoruba race. Odua agbe wa O°˚˚˚ !!!
mimiko should not let politics to becloud his reasoning.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by anishe(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
Geomac:

Lagos State has also declared June 12 to be public holiday.

Lagos state government has declared, Tuesday, June 12, 2012 as a public holiday in commemoration of the 19th Anniversary of the annulled June 12, 1993 Presidential elections as well as in remembrance of late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola, MKO, the undeclared winner of presidential election.

Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti and Osun states had earlier declared today to be observed as public holiday with various activities lined up for the ceremony.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/lagos-declares-tuesday-june-12-public-holiday/

Is Tuesday June 12 or Wednesday?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by brownlord: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
WHAT IS JUNE 12?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: I strongly believe that if these states, and Lagos State then joins, decide that markets even, Alaba, Ladipo, Katangowa, etc should be closed to observe June 12, and with law emforcement agencies to emforce it like MASSOB did on Saturday, the "Jews" will say the Yoruba hate them.

Very good suggestion. Any igboman found selling spare part tomorrow should have himself to blame. grin grin grin
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Skywalker5(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
This should have been done long time ago. why declare it a holiday on the same week?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by cycline404(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Shai... The Holiday no reach me sha...
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
funshint: So sad and unfortunate how Mimiko is gradually alienating Ondo state from Southwest issues...well time will tell. I just hp Ondo pple can see way beyond their nose. As far as SW is concerned we all need eachother 'cus we're brothers. This politics of division being played by Mimiko shld pls stop for the overall progress of the Yoruba race. Odua agbe wa O°˚˚˚ !!!

By the time the people of Ondo state wake up to reality and see the mess that guy has brought upon them,I hope it won't be too late to realise their mistakes.He keeps bragging himself as the real progressive of the South west even when he is kissing the arrse of those who ruined the SW.

Mimiko is a pdp in labour !

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
alj harem:

Very good suggestion. Any igboman found selling spare part tomorrow should have himself to blame. grin grin grin
I woner how they will feel if OPC boys start harassing them.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Abali1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: The "Jews" should learn from this: there is a difference between a sit-at-home exercise and a holiday. In a democratic setting, a holiday, which people should not be forced but voluntarily observe is fashionable. Anybody can decide not to observe it.
The reason the "Jews" have been observing "sit-at-home exercise is because of their belief that if they fail to open their shops Nigerians will go hungry and the economy will be adversely affected. Thank God God is not a "Biafran". To the "Biafrans", if the governments of these states decide to close all the markets, especially Alaba, Ladipo, Tatangowa, etc, in the states for June 12 to observed, won't you say the Igbo are hated?

Ola, can you just shut it for a minute. Must you see anything through the Tribal screen. What is wrong with you?
If you turn this thread tribal, I bet you, you and other bigots will be the one to regret it.

6 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

By the time the people of Ondo state wake up to reality to see the mess that guy has brought upon them,I hope it won't be too late to realise their mistakes.He keeps bragging himself as the real progressive of the South west even when he keeps kissing the arrse of those who ruined the SW.

Mimiko is a pdp in labour !
although mimiko does not have to join ACN before being a progressive but I agree with you
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Policewoman(f): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
E don reach 20 years already? Wow person don old o. Meanwhile who is asking why Abuja no follow for the Holidays? Is Abuja part of the southwest?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I woner how they will feel if OPC boys start harassing them.

Well just as the hausas in onitsha market were forced to sit at home thanks to massob.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:

Ola, can you just shut it for a minute. Must you see anything through the Tribal screen. What is wrong with you?
If you turn this thread tribal, I bet you, you and other bigots will be the one to regret it.

The Ola guy is hopeless.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
redsun: This is treasonable and an act of secession.They have no right to do that in federal republic of nigeria,especially in the federal capital,lagos.

Abiola was no a national,he was one dem usurpers that got a taste of his own bile.

Bla bla bla...
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by segcymoor(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Your Info is not Complete:EKITIAN IS INVOLVED TOO
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by darkashes(m): 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
yoruba peeps sef dem to dey like public holiday
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
The same people that pushed MKO to declear himself president but later betrayed him,(Some even did Usain Bolt through the Cotonou border) are also The same people that vowed not to allow Unilag to be renamed after the man.

Today, they are declaring public holiday left and right, they should stop deceiving themselves.
Abiola's family knows better.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1:

Be reasonable and think.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by redsun(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Acn is just a tribal party like upn.They don't have any federal agendas other than planting their men and women where they will get better shares of the national cake,even when they don't believe in that nationality.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
TouchDown:

The Ola guy is hopeless.
Speak only when you have something reasonable and logical, flat head.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nuzo1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
Is this holiday in honor of democracy which OBJ and Nigerians introduced in 1979 (Shagari) or in honour of a sponsor of 3 successful coup detat in Nigeria?

If its for the later, then why did some of us object to naming UNILAG after the fraudstar?

So comfusing! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage / N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others / Election Tribunal: PDP, Atiku Miss Chance To Present 400 Witnesses In 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.