Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (21581 Views)

Osun, Ogun And Oyo States Joins Lagos To Declare 12 June Public Holiday / Monday Declared Public Holiday In Kaduna. / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by StevenJay01(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lilimax: 20th anniversary? Time flies so fast.
Remember those days of "oso Abiola"? We were all sent to the east for fear of Lagos
being bombed by the Military. A lot of people lost their lives on there way to the village.
Naija my country, I hail ooo!

What part of the country are you from!!So mumu don dey 4 a long time 4 dis country!!Hope your kind is wiser nau
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by vanbonattel: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
This guy disappointed the keen political observers in this country when he chose to die of common pneumonia in the cell like a common criminal. For crying out loud this guy was the richest guy in Nigeria, he had the cash and the connections to import Tanks and war planes and stage a hefty free for all fight against the spineless Abacha and his cronies. But like a coward he chickened out and instead allowed himself to be arrested without a fight, he did not even have time to throw a common knockout! and come see the kain beating he recieved from the hands of small boys hausa recruits army who panel beat him for days, almost skinning him with their koboko whips. This guy disappointed the nation big time.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by vanbonattel: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
hardbody:

We knew from history and antecedents that our hosts were lilly livered and would not fight so we did not go home. In truth though we took precautionary measures including servicing and fueling all the cars in our house in the event of eventuality. We were aiming for Ghana as a first stop in the event of any eventuality. True to type our cowardly hosts sacrificed their brother on te platter of money and refused to fight for their right believing the igbos will champion the fight. Otele people

Those people will never fight for anything, owambe party has finished their guts.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by wems5yahoocom: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pls will vfs office in Lagos open tomorrow (British consulate office)
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by StevenJay01(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lilimax: 20th anniversary? Time flies so fast.
Remember those days of "oso Abiola"? We were all sent to the east for fear of Lagos
being bombed by the Military. A lot of people lost their lives on there way to the village.
Naija my country, I hail ooo!

What part of the country are you from!!So mumu don dey 4 a long time 4 dis country!!Hope your kind is wiser nau
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by OneNaira6: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
June 12 is just another day to most yorubas so as long as they don't try to enforce it on non Yoruba residing in Lagos or where ever else then i see no reason for them not to get there holiday.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
One_Naira: June 12 is just another day to most yorubas so as long as they don't try to enforce it on non Yoruba residing in Lagos or where ever else then i see no reason for them not to get there holiday.

And if they do enforce it, what would happen ?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Yeske2(m): 1:23am On Jun 12, 2013
alj harem:

Nothing can happen because they can't enforce it. If na lie, let's see what happens later today before you quote or reply my post.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by whitecat007: 2:21am On Jun 12, 2013
This maybe too big for your brain, but it is what it is!

The same reason no prestigious school named after MLK JR in the U.S cos, public holiday is a bigger honor than that of school.

Nuzo':
Is this holiday in honor of democracy which OBJ and Nigerians introduced in 1979 (Shagari) or in honour of a sponsor of 3 successful coup detat in Nigeria?

If its for the later, then why did some of us object to naming UNILAG after the fraudstar?

So comfusing! undecided
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by whitecat007: 2:40am On Jun 12, 2013
And the road runners died in high numbers cleansing Nigeria with their blood again

hardbody:

We knew from history and antecedents that our hosts were lilly livered and would not fight so we did not go home. In truth though we took precautionary measures including servicing and fueling all the cars in our house in the event of eventuality. We were aiming for Ghana as a first stop in the event of any eventuality. True to type our cowardly hosts sacrificed their brother on te platter of money and refused to fight for their right believing the igbos will champion the fight. Otele people
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by whitecat007: 2:53am On Jun 12, 2013
You mean he should have dressed in skirt suit with marching scarf and dashed across Ivory coast like your leader?

van bonattel: This guy disappointed the keen political observers in this country when he chose to die of common pneumonia in the cell like a common criminal. For crying out loud this guy was the richest guy in Nigeria, he had the cash and the connections to import Tanks and war planes and stage a hefty free for all fight against the spineless Abacha and his cronies. But like a coward he chickened out and instead allowed himself to be arrested without a fight, he did not even have time to throw a common knockout! and come see the kain beating he recieved from the hands of small boys hausa recruits army who panel beat him for days, almost skinning him with their koboko whips. This guy disappointed the nation big time.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by whitecat007: 2:57am On Jun 12, 2013
Until your people{the sacrificial lambs of war}are ready to fight us

van bonattel:

Those people will never fight for anything, owambe party has finished their guts.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by whitecat007: 3:01am On Jun 12, 2013
If your a.ss lives in Lagos you would have no choice than to obey whatever rule in place or get the hell out a day before

One_Naira: June 12 is just another day to most yorubas so as long as they don't try to enforce it on non Yoruba residing in Lagos or where ever else then i see no reason for them not to get there holiday.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by OneNaira6: 4:19am On Jun 12, 2013
whitecat007: If your a.ss lives in Lagos you would have no choice than to obey whatever rule in place or get the hell out a day before

I don't live in your ignorant @ss lagos, never had and neither do i wanna live there. till date i don't understand why anyone wants to live there or the overhype about a city that does not amount to anything. Abeg. like i was sayin, June 12 is just another day for non-yoruba. it's cool to have una holiday but don't force others to follow it if they don't want to.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by OneNaira6: 4:20am On Jun 12, 2013
alj harem:

try it and we'll see but me and you know una no get the liver
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 12, 2013
van bonattel: This guy disappointed the keen political observers in this country when he chose to die of common pneumonia in the cell like a common criminal. For crying out loud this guy was the richest guy in Nigeria, he had the cash and the connections to import Tanks and war planes and stage a hefty free for all fight against the spineless Abacha and his cronies. But like a coward he chickened out and instead allowed himself to be arrested without a fight, he did not even have time to throw a common knockout! and come see the kain beating he recieved from the hands of small boys hausa recruits army who panel beat him for days, almost skinning him with their koboko whips. This guy disappointed the nation big time.
What point have you made? When will you stop being a tribalist? I'm sure you won't say such to Rochas Okorocha who is also wealthy. MK0 Abiola was arrested after he tried to claim his mandate. Your brother, the electoral chairman, Humphrey Nwosu pronounced him winner.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 12, 2013
Don't be afraid, there will be no harassing of people, Yoruba and none-Yoruba alike, like MASSOB does; rather the day will be used to conscientize people on democracy. Remember, it is a holiday, you may choose whether or not to observe it. It is not a sit-at-home protest.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yomex8(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2013
This is just in remembrance of chief M.K.O Abiola who gave up his life Nigerians..
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by hotwax: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2013
One_Naira:

I don't live in your ignorant @ss lagos, never had and neither do i wanna live there. till date i don't understand why anyone wants to live there or the overhype about a city that does not amount to anything. Abeg. like i was sayin, June 12 is just another day for non-yoruba. it's cool to have una holiday but don't force others to follow it if they don't want to.

Jealousy as usual by a typical igbo. We all know how igbo has been claiming they own lagos.

LOL, I even have one Igbo in my house who always claims Igbos are more than Yorubas in Lagos.LOOOLLLLLLLL
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by DMerciful(m): 8:21am On Jun 12, 2013
dark ashes: yoruba peeps sef dem to dey like public holiday
can u communicate clearly. ..jezz! angry
dark ashes: yoruba peeps sef dem to dey like public holiday
can u communicate clearly. ..jezz!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by TabletMan: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
What point have you made? When will you stop being a tribalist? I'm sure you won't say such to Rochas Okorocha who is also wealthy. MK0 Abiola was arrested after he tried to claim his mandate. Your brother, the electoral chairman, Humphrey Nwosu pronounced him winner.
BRos Ola Don Dey Preach grin Mua Wish All My Yoruba Bros Happy Holiday.... grin
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by EkoAtlantic: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Pukkah: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2013
June 12 election was about issues and not ethnicity or religion.

The failure to imbibe the profound lessons has continued to be an impediment to a united Nigeria.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by OneNaira6: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2013
hotwax:

Jealousy as usual by a typical igbo. We all know how igbo has been claiming they own lagos.

LOL, I even have one Igbo in my house who always claims Igbos are more than Yorubas in Lagos.LOOOLLLLLLLL

What sort of 1diot are you? someone tried to act like I live in the lagos and i loudly mentioned i don't live in lagos, never had and never would i want to. Yet this m0ron thinks it's jealousy. See your shamefulness, unlike you I've seen what a beauty of city looks like thus why in the world would I jealous a city that's ranked one of the worst city to live in the world? a city that other Africans ridicule all the time? a city that i itch to leave anytime i land at the airport? are you slow or what? if you can't understand the term "never" and " don't get the overhype" then i pity your generation. All Nigerian cities are sh1t to me, lagos especially. I ain't like you, dude I've seen real cities be it African and non African and lagos ain't even a dime of the type of areas I like. learn it in your thick head, not everyone praise or want to align with mediocre. In my opinion, any igbo that's shouting "lagos" is a bonafide illiterate.

by the way telling me a story you and I know you just made up is suppose to do what to me? do I live in your compound or do I live in your imagination. SMH
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Basic123: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2023
I read Igbo comments on this thread of 10yrs ago and I laughed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan With Governor Dickson And Wife (photo) / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Amended 16 Counts / Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.