Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough (12034 Views)

Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Youngzedd(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2013
iwanchop:

For every 'bad' people u claim are in APC there are worst in the PDP

Bode George -Thief
Alamiyesigha -Thief
Faruk Lawan -Thief
Alli Ndume - Boko Haram member
James Ibori -Thief
Theodore Orji,the ritualist
Agagu,Oyinlola,Oni - elections riggers
Be objective in your comments

Chai! see list.....

Guy nawaaaa..
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by iykofias(m): 10:46am On Jun 19, 2013
egift:

If you have something against Tinubu, create a new topic for it.

This topic is a discussion on "do we respect a corrupt man, that is surrounded by Nigeria's finest thieves as they perpetrate corruption of the highest order - just because he is President?"

So stick to the topic. Thanks.
u speak notin buh d holy truth_u shuld b a pope. A+
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by TechyGuy: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
Take a look at the posts of ACN/CPC supporters here, they just cant discuss without insulting and attacking personalities or opinions.
They think they are educated but nay, no truly educated fellow relate this way. Intelligent people do not behave this way.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Wsdm: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
karl max: my brother don't mind the hypocrite .we know them on this forum ,bitter folks that see the pull him Down syndrome as an avenue to occupy also rock.majority of nigerians no longer take them seriously.dont be deceived by their noise making here,they made the same noise from pdp primaries till after the 2011 election and they are still making the same noise till now. The egg heads are all noise makers .
...they also made noise to make GEJ acting-president-re election. The privilege which he is now squandering.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by 1025: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme: I genuinely think if an opposition party want to grab power from the ruling party, they should be able to sell their ideology to the masses and not disrespect the same office they are seeking to occupy.
What I have seen in APC today is a party made up of a clique of dissatisfied politicians from ACN, CPC, PDP, ANPP,APGA etc coming together to try and wrestle power off the ruling party without any ideology.

We need to know what APC will represent. The signals so far give reasons for discomfort considering statements made by supposed leaders of the emerging party that a fight to dislodge terrorism is a war against the north (Buhari) and that the declaration of emergency rule in the north is an infringement on the fundamental human rights of a people (lia Mohammad ). The question is: who does APC represent?

Much as we clamour for better governance, we need to begin to ask ourselves if disrespecting the President and the office of the President is good enough strategy towards occupying the same office?

what are the ideologies of the ruling govt?
the only common thing about the pdp members is stealing so i think their ideology is stealing(i stand to be corrected) from their no 1(tony annenih) to their supporters are confirmed criminals with clear records to back it so tell us what other ideologies they have.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Wsdm: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The bolded sections of your comment shows ur brain is a bit confused and perhaps malfunctioning. Can you prove the allegations you made against Tinubu in the last part of your post??

You come across as a GEJ attack puppy. Sadly. As evidenced by your horrible grammar, terrible diction and the abysmally poor spelling in your posts it is obvious you're unfit for that role. Praise singing requires some level of intelligence which you obviously lack in no small measure.

@Topic:
GEJ deserve all insults and disrespect he's been getting. Aside being a shameless liar, he is utterly corrupt, and clueless on issues of governance. An "ogogoro" motivated man without focus or vision who is on a mission to bankrupt our great nation.

This retarded dude of a president has insulted Nigerians on countless occasions. He has done this directly, indirectly sometimes by himself and at other times through his attack dogs. Till this Man stops acting like a Presidential M0R0N, he will keep getting insults from Nigerians..

I rest my case.

cool
why do you spare your time to reply some of these people? GEj is a symbol of mediocrity so shall all his supporters be. A president who is working with the resolution of an open election losers( Jang faction of NGF). What is left?
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by dabrake(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2013
seems they've banned sincere 9jerian. he's out with a new handle
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2013
God bless the starter of this thread. It is so disheartening to see, hear and read people calling our president all manners of demeaning names and some laying false accusations just to tarnish the image of our president.

Is it because the current president happened to come from the much hated Biafran region or what

Nigerians will all realise their gullible-mindedness the very day Goodluck Jonathan climbs down from that seat of presidency and probably their much clamoured Northern president mounts the power as usual.

Nigeria has been messed up before Goodluck took over as president. Series of Northern military heads of states ruined this country with corruption, mass looting of public fund, favouritism and nepotism in appointing/employing staff at various federal government ministries, agencies and bodies.

Why are gullible-minded Nigerians crying so much as if corruption, nepotism, looting and all manners of bad governance started during Goodluck's regime

Anyway, time shall tell...we are watching, may God give me and my beloved family long life to witness the future of this nation.

Thanks @threadstarter

1 Like

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by deeptesting(m): 11:11am On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

If you definition of heat is to paint your country blue black because of selfish interest, you are mentally south.
First your name clearly indicates that you are from Niger Delta, hence, your soft stand for the incumbent leader irrespective of his poor performance on tackling corruption.
Please what is your definition of self fish interest?
In a democratic state the actions and in actions of the opposition will always be seen as selfish, to score cheap political goals and curry the favor of the people, I am not disturbed one inch with the criticism against the person of the president and his office in as much as their criticism or statement does not incite violence. We need a change in this country, we must stand up to speak the truth irrespective of whose ox is gored and stop playing politics of ethnicity and religion..Have we not suffered enough as a people? Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.l
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by tbanger(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Stop attacking his person, can't you raise your own point without abusing.....you lot behave as if you were raised among monkeys!!!

Garri the 1st:

The bolded sections of your comment shows ur brain is a bit confused and perhaps malfunctioning. Can you prove the allegations you made against Tinubu in the last part of your post??

You come across as a GEJ attack puppy. Sadly. As evidenced by your horrible grammar, terrible diction and the abysmally poor spelling in your posts it is obvious you're unfit for that role. Praise singing requires some level of intelligence which you obviously lack in no small measure.

@Topic:
GEJ deserve all insults and disrespect he's been getting. Aside being a shameless liar, he is utterly corrupt, and clueless on issues of governance. An "ogogoro" motivated man without focus or vision who is on a mission to bankrupt our great nation.

This retarded dude of a president has insulted Nigerians on countless occasions. He has done this directly, indirectly sometimes by himself and at other times through his attack dogs. Till this Man stops acting like a Presidential M0R0N, he will keep getting insults from Nigerians..

I rest my case.

cool
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by deletrue: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2013
bloggernaija: IF YOU CANNOT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Nigeriais greater than anyone man.
If you, am very sure, is a northner thinks the best thing to do is to kill every one in the north and describe it as heat in order for the leadership to quite, then take it today that even if the north is finished or emptied completely, jonah will complete this tenure and the second term. You may continue to kill your head and others.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2013
Wsdm:
why do you spare you time to reply some of these people? GEj is a symbol of mediocrity so shall all his supporters be. A president who is working with the resolution of an open election losers( Jang faction of NGF). What is left?
You calling a highly favoured man a “mediocre” speaks bad of you bro.

Go and read that man's biography. No man on this planet has such a divine history. If Goodluck Jonathan was born when the Holy Bible was being composed, I am certain his name would have been boldly written in the Bible.

Whoever God has blessed and chosen, don't join in cursing to avoid attracting curse. Leave all those thieves calling themselves politicians, who are desperately looking for ways to oust Goodluck in order to plant their usual evil-led governance.

I am yet to see a Nigerian politician who truly has the poor Nigerians at heart, who truly want to bring corruption to an end, who truly want to serve Nigerians, who truly want to lay down his life to savage this nation from corruption and nepotism. There is none! Not Fashola, not Ribadu, not El Rufai, not Atiku, not Buhari, not Tinubu, not Orji Uzor Kalu, not Rochas Okorocha, not Anenih, in fact, non exist.

Those that would change Nigeria have not yet joined any political party, and the saddest truth is that they may never join politics till who knows when

Pls stop cursing/abusing/criticising Jonathan because he is amongst the very few good presidents Nigeria has ever had, with Yaradua included.

1 Like

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by vivianc(f): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2013
That's why They are called "opposition" parTy. They are There To criticise every move, decision, policy, eTc you make.

Do you expecT The "opposition" parTy To be in romance wiTh the ruling parTy? Hell no!

Nigeria is noT the only country with opposiTion party, oTher countries have them too buT we don't hear much of "crying" and "whinning."

That's how poliTics is played, if you can't stand the heat, geT ouT of the kiTchen biko.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by tbanger(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2013
I love your response to this Mr. Garri guy.....generally I can never subscribe to name calling. I share your sentiments totally...the office of the president should not be derogated!! God bless

akpomeme:

Mr. Garri, first of all, I am happy you got the message you highlighted beyond the typos. You are obviously rattled by the valid points that I raised concerning the subjugation of Lagosians by Tinubu and his cohorts. Evidently true, I am an objective supporter of the government of the day and resides in Lagos.
You know you are good at pointing out your brain power and all, but that is the first point of weakness and self-delusion on your mental capacity – research “narcissus”. Secondly, look through your highly brain powered response and see if your punctuations and commas are on point…lol
The issue I have with guys like you is that you don’t focus on the subject matter which is “that the office of the President should be respected by those who seek to occupy it”, instead you validated my point by cursing further and referring to the President of your country as a retardant. What does that make you?
If an ACN or APC President emerges tomorrow, that President will be my President, just as Fashola is my Governor. I may not be happy with some policies implemented in Lagos state towards revenue generation but I will never call Fashola a retardant as you all have chosen to address your President.
My intelligent brother, an intelligent person does not engage in self-praise, the need to highlight how sound you are says a lot about Garri the 1st.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2013
superior1: despite his extreme-retardedness.
Haba. Brutality.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by tbanger(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2013
vivianc: That's why They are called "opposition" parTy. They are There To criticise every move, decision, policy, eTc you make.

Do you expecT The "opposition" parTy To be in romance wiTh the ruling parTy? Hell no!

Nigeria is noT the only country with opposiTion party, oTher countries have them too buT we don't hear much of "crying" and "whinning."

That's how poliTics is played, if you can't stand the heat, geT ouT of the kiTchen biko.

No one is saying the policies of the government should not be criticized. Attacking his office and his person is just wrong. Even in advanced democracies, it is never done. The republicans will never call Obama names. If abusing Jonathan is the way of standing the heat, then you guys should should carry your politics to the SUN!
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by vivianc(f): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2013
tbanger:

No one is saying the policies of the government should not be criticized. Attacking his office and his person is just wrong. Even in advanced democracies, it is never done. The republicans will never call Obama names. If abusing Jonathan is the way of standing the heat, then you guys should should carry your politics to the SUN!

First of all, I'm not a politician. In as much as I see GEJ adminisTration as a very disappointing one and highly corrupT, I wouldn'T aTtack his personality. I would only aTTack his office.

So did They aTTack his personality or his office? Can you give an example of the names they actually called him?

Let's not be blinded by sentiments here.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by skyfall: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2013
Respect is EARNED
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by ayanfeeledumare: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme: I genuinely think if an opposition party want to grab power from the ruling party, they should be able to sell their ideology to the masses and not disrespect the same office they are seeking to occupy.
What I have seen in APC today is a party made up of a clique of dissatisfied politicians from ACN, CPC, PDP, ANPP,APGA etc coming together to try and wrestle power off the ruling party without any ideology.

We need to know what APC will represent. The signals so far give reasons for discomfort considering statements made by supposed leaders of the emerging party that a fight to dislodge terrorism is a war against the north (Buhari) and that the declaration of emergency rule in the north is an infringement on the fundamental human rights of a people (lia Mohammad ). The question is: who does APC represent?

Much as we clamour for better governance, we need to begin to ask ourselves if disrespecting the President and the office of the President is good enough strategy towards occupying the same office?

Tell me one ideology of d PDP for the past years.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2013
tbanger:

Would Obama call opposition governors rascals?
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Ellashow: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2013
tbanger:

GEJ started it by calling them 'Rascals' and started playing ethnic-card games. So, them(opposition) insulting him back is no sin because respect is earned not with/by force. If you can't take it, don't ditch it out.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by babyhrt(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

@Topic:

I rest my case.

cool
u dnt hav a case...wait until afta 2015,den we ll al knw weda u hav a case or not...
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by deletrue: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
If one thinks that this society will become as it is, many will disagree. Now think of the typical chracteristics of the people of the south south; the people of the middle belt. These regions can accommodate others hundred percent. The south west too can accommodate others up to forty percent. Am not talking of business relationship but politics. The north can only for five percent, hence this complete hatred. When the northners were in leadership people of other regions were cooperating as well as supportive. Now evaluate the situation when the leadership is gone to another region. The north and some percentage of west would want the present leadership discredited by all means. That is the simple reason for the disrespect for the president and his office. Am not from the south but pay back time is nearby.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by takedat(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
DailyNews: You calling a highly favoured man a “mediocre” speaks bad of you bro.

Go and read that man's biography. No man on this planet has such a divine history. If Goodluck Jonathan was born when the Holy Bible was being composed, I am certain his name would have been boldly written in the Bible.

You are a waste of air, A Professional A$slicker!

1 Like

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Capableben(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme: Egg heads called opposition all interested in the resources of Nigeria than how to proffer solution to the NIgeria entity.

UP PDP.... THESE APC ASSHOLES RE JUST SOME EGOCENTRIC SET OF HOODLUMS WHO ARE TRYING TO MAKE DEMOCRACY BANEFUL IN DIS COUNTRY

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Capableben(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
egift:

If you have something against Tinubu, create a new topic for it.

This topic is a discussion on "do we respect a corrupt man, that is surrounded by Nigeria's finest thieves as they perpetrate corruption of the highest order - just because he is President?"

So stick to the topic. Thanks.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by 1025: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
DailyNews: You calling a highly favoured man a “mediocre” speaks bad of you bro.

Whoever God has blessed and chosen, don't join in cursing to avoid attracting curse. Leave all those thieves calling themselves politicians, who are desperately looking for ways to oust Goodluck in order to plant their usual evil-led governance.

I am yet to see a Nigerian politician who truly has the poor Nigerians at heart, who truly want to bring corruption to an end, who truly want to serve Nigerians, who truly want to lay down his life to savage this nation from corruption and nepotism. There is none! Not Fashola, not Ribadu, not El Rufai, not Atiku, not Buhari, not Tinubu, not Orji Uzor Kalu, not Rochas Okorocha, not Anenih, in fact, non exist.

Those that would change Nigeria have not yet joined any political party, and the saddest truth is that they may never join politics till who knows when

Pls stop cursing/abusing/criticising Jonathan because he is amongst the very few good presidents Nigeria has ever had, with Yaradua included.

pls tell us some of the things he has done to become the best gov. pls remember to talk about the security and the number of lives so far lost under his govt, corruption and electricity.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Ikpewe: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

If you definition of heat is to paint your country blue black because of selfish interest, you are mentally south.
correct yourself mr anti-south.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Diamondwriter(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
egift: I will never disrespect the hallowed office of the President.

And every right-thinking Nigerian should never standby and allow those in power to use it as a platform to loot and promote their congregation of criminals.

That for me is what it means to be a patriotic Nigerian.

Buhari/Fashola 2015.
error!.. Muslim president nd muslim vice? U want to islamize dis country
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
take dat: You are a waste of air, A Professional A$slicker!
I can't engage myself in any online exchange of words, especially on a forum people call faceless where some posters may be my minor, both intellectually, age-wise, economically and otherwise, so y should be trading words with you On a normal situation, I am not supposed to be here, so since I have made the mistake already for the past 1 year plus now, I will only share my opinion/views and pass. So enjoy your e-fame.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by katordidi(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

Please respect the office of the President. Jonathan is only concerned with carrying out his constitutional duties and you don't expecthim to keep quite when non-entities peddle lies in the bid to brand him weak and irresponsible. This is politics and not a church!! Respect the office you seek because one day when you eventually get there you will face twice as much heat.
why shouldn't he keep quiet he should carry on with his duties which do not include replying critics or whatever. Even obama gets criticized
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by katordidi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

It is horrible... I can't even understand where any Nigerian can find any sense in defending ego centric structure as APC. They should sell ideology to us. Period. Nobody is doing that, all we are hearing from them is that this Government is this and that, yet this government in less than four years has repaired decaying infrastures like the airport, and opened up the petroleum industry to Nigerians through local content act, in the process of finalising the privatisation of NEPA etc. FDI has been at record high and all opposition can offer is terrorism and the support for choas!!!
sadly nigerians dont care about ideology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll / Photo Of Kwakwanso Crying Before Newsmen After He Lost To Atiku / Eid El-fitr Celebration: IGP Adamu Salutes Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.