Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough (12035 Views)

Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by laughterclub(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
ALL WANT TO TAKE OIL DAT IS IN NIGER DELTA...LET US HV PEACE IN NAIJA.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by morenath(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
My conclusion is simply dat the post of the president of Nigeria is a great post.Less than 20 people have been there in d past.......and most of we dat criticise GEJ are enemies of progress dat nobody in their family,town,local govt and even in their state has been there...u better respect God in his life....if u abuse d president then u abuse ur self and u will never be great#shikena#singing!!!!!!ipo ola dara ooo ipo ola,ipo yi wunmi lopolopo moshi ma de be ooo,ma deni atata,ma deni olola,bori ba n joba lola ooo,mo shi ma de be ooooo......
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Ayatullah(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Definitely it pains to read the President and his office being disrespected, but then the president and his office need to make it a point of duty to ALWAYS act RESPONSIBLY to command respect shocked
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by katordidi(m): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
president jonathan is the least respected president in the history of nigeria. #fact
Even the senate president commands more respect . #fact
Source... ME!
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
1025:

pls tell us some of the things he has done to become the best gov. pls remember to talk about the security and the number of lives so far lost under his govt, corruption and electricity.
I love your own way of criticism, you sound more like a mature person, so read carefully.

Before Goodluck became the president of Nigeria, we had a high level of corruption in Nigeria. Insecurity was also high, especially in the Niger Delta region that provides majority of Nigeria's income revenue and GDP, and the insecurity there was as a result of negligence of the past northern military heads of states who abandoned and neglected Niger Delta regions where crude oil that we are are benefiting from is being drilled/mined. Thank God for late President Yaradua who brought a kind of peace there.

Before Jonathan became president, Jos and Kaduna crises were present. In fact, the northern region of Nigeria has never been a totally peaceful region, courtesy of their religious extremism that makes them gullible and easily used for violence and political instability.

Boko Haram that we have today, which happened to be the CEO/MD of insecurity and societal unrest we have today in Nigeria, was present before Goodluck became president but the desperate and callous northern politicians who swore never to see a south-southerner/south-easterner become Nigeria's president, used Boko Haram as a tool to destabilize Goodluck regime. At least, we all heard and know about Buhari's controversial comment that of making Nigeria ungovernable if he doesn't win!

There is no country that fathers a terrorist group that witnesses peace. Taliban in Afghanistan, do they have peace there? No! Hezobolah, Alqaeda, Al Shabaab, in fact, they are many and rising by the day, so how do you expect Goodluck to fight terrorism overnight? The state of emergency we have in the north today is a temporary measure because once its lifted, Boko Haram and Islamic extremists will still abound in the northern Nigeria until the people of northern Nigeria rise up and say- no more to religious extremism in north.

Besides northern region, where again in Nigeria do we have total insecurity and international security alert in Nigeria? None! So, the entire northerners should caution themselves if they want peace and security in the north, its not what government alone can do. America/Britain/NATO were not able to eradicate terrorism/religious extremism in Afghanistan and in other extremist countries in middle east, who is Nigeria to eradicate it alone? When we don't even have technology to start with.

USA govt has resumed talks with Taliban to bring peace in Pakistan and Afghanistan because fighting terrorism isn't that easy, so don't expect much from Jonathan other than what he has already done.

He offered them amnesty, they refused. Every effort proved abortive, so who is to blame? Was Boko Haram formed during Goodluck's regime? What's their mission?

On the issue of electricity, in my area, our diesel consumption has gone down drastically. We used to consume 500liters of diesel in one week before, but now, we consume less than that due to reduced power outage.

In my work place, if I tell you how much we have saved from diesel consumption alone, u will thank Goodluck.

Recently, the Aba power plant has started operation. More are on the way. On unemployment, Goodluck regime is the only regime that conducted free and fair recruitment in major Nigerian government owned organizations.

NNPC, NAFDAC, NIMC, etc, etc. Before now, you can only get employed in those organization if and only if you know a top management staff or a top politician/lawmaker.

Nigerians will appreciate Goodluck when he climbs down from power, mark my word.

Corruption in Nigeria is as old as our independence, so why do we expect Goodluck to perform a miracle when northerners and some radical southwest politicians are busy spoiling and sabotaging all his efforts to change this nation?

Do you guys think its easy to lead this nation called Nigeria? Sighs.

3 Likes

Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by saved: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
superior1: Jona-dumbo is the culprit here. An adult who uses maize grains as waist beads soon becomes a comedian to fowls. Jona-dumbo should respect the office of the presidency by

1. Stop meddling with petty politics
2. Stop intimidating opposition using FG apparatus eg 'the growing plane grounding series'
3. Stop his deputy head of praise singers (Abati) from using vulgar words to attack perceived opposition elements
4. Stop and tie down his rabid dog cum wife from making further embarrassing statements that makes one wonder if Jona-dumbo her husband was in coma when he decided to marry her.

I will add more when i have the time but the truth is 'respect begot respect', if Jona-dumbo accord respect to himself and others, he will get some back despite his extreme-retardedness.
--- Superior1, You have released laughing gas into our midst. Infact, we are busy with laughter instead of having lunch. Haba, why did you dissect the man like kilichi ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa! no let pepper enter my nose oh
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
egift: I will never disrespect the hallowed office of the President.

And every right-thinking Nigerian should never standby and allow those in power to use it as a platform to loot and promote their congregation of criminals.

That for me is what it means to be a patriotic Nigerian.

Buhari/Fashola 2015.
Buhari will never smell that seat.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Garrithe1st: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
tbanger: Stop attacking his person, can't you raise your own point without abusing.....you lot behave as if you were raised among monkeys!!!

Mr. Bone-Head are you too daft to see the points I raise in my post??

Abeg go sit-down for toilet and weep profusely for your life...

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
amarilo: coolIn the land of the blind one eyed man is the king. In the land of retards the lesser retard is their leader. Thanks God am not a Nigerian(Retard)
you. Are so busy that you find time to comment on Nigerian matters even though you are not Nigerian. I see envy written all over you mr!
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Mr. Bone-Head are you too daft to see the points I raise in my post??

Abeg go sit-down for toilet and weep profusely for your life...

cheesy grin cheesy
You are just foul mouthed and poorly brought up... Your parents must be ashamed of you if they tried teaching you true virtues of live. On the other hand, it may be that your parents never filled your content right. I can only imagine that Jagaban is your dad or a close associate. If Jagaban is your dad, then you must be his only son who banged law school and got his father to bribe law school to pass through it and of course you are gay. Everything wrong with the society is what you rep. If you are the latter (an associate of Jagaban), you definitely can't bite the hands that feed you so you are blinded to realities and you have lost all sense of objectivity. undecided grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by funnyx(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ridiculous thread, since people have been insulting gej have you seen him walking around with the insults sticking all over his body? Instead of raising a thread about how the govt can improve the lives of the electorates you open a ridiculous thread about insults.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Garrithe1st: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:
You are just foul mouthed and poorly brought up... Your parents must be ashamed of you if they tried teaching you true virtues of live. On the other hand, it may be that your parents never filled your content right. I can only imagine that Jagaban is your dad or a close associate. If Jagaban is your dad, then you must be his only son who banged law school and got his father to bribe law school to pass through it and of course you are gay. Everything wrong with the society is what you rep. If you are the latter (an associate of Jagaban), you definitely can't bite the hands that feed you so you are blinded to realities and you have lost all sense of objectivity. undecided grin

I'm sure your parents before they were killed by Bakassi boys bitterly regretted not exchanging you for a pair of bathroom slippers...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by searay(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

If you definition of heat is to paint your country blue black because of selfish interest, you are mentally south North.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
bookmarked
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

I'm sure your parents before they were killed by Bakassi boys bitterly regretted not exchanging you for a pair of bathroom slippers...

cheesy cheesy
What an intelligent joke... good stuff... you are running out of ideas? let me help you out, take your hard drugs and comeback here with your super sonic brain like your dads grin grin grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Garrithe1st: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme: let me help you out, take your hard drugs and comeback here with your super sonic brain like your dads grin grin grin

I'd have told you to do same, but ur dad was a brainless tadpole. So I'll just say.....

stay well"
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
APC is incapable of ideology because she is a conglomerate of non-ideological persons. Imagine Lagos markets being shutdown because Tinubu's mother died. I hate to know that I live in a society where things are people centered instead of institutionally centered. This lady called APC, is Mrs PDP's dustbin, cos what ever PDP flushes down the toilet, finds comfort in the arms of Ms APC. APC stinks of bad blood! Imagine the shamelessness of Tinubu's visit to Amaechi and Ms. APC midnight romance with Tambuwal. I keep baffling if something is technically wrong with this lady called Amala Poo Consumers (APC). They have no winner within them always, they always want to outsource from PDP that they tag evil.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:

I laugh in Garri language...

hehehe... Na our language be dat oh, you go pay oh.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ada Nri1: Buhari will never smell that seat.
for your sh't-smelling mind abi?
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Garrithe1st: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme:
What an intelligent joke... good stuff... you are running out of ideas? let me help you out, take your hard drugs and comeback here with your super sonic brain like your dads grin grin grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Garri_Activist: hehehe... Na our language be dat oh, you go pay oh.
Bro abeg no vex, na Garri the 1st cause am grin grin grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Godmann(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
akpomeme: I genuinely think if an opposition party want to grab power from the ruling party, they should be able to sell their ideology to the masses and not disrespect the same office they are seeking to occupy.
What I have seen in APC today is a party made up of a clique of dissatisfied politicians from ACN, CPC, PDP, ANPP,APGA etc coming together to try and wrestle power off the ruling party without any ideology.

We need to know what APC will represent. The signals so far give reasons for discomfort considering statements made by supposed leaders of the emerging party that a fight to dislodge terrorism is a war against the north (Buhari) and that the declaration of emergency rule in the north is an infringement on the fundamental human rights of a people (lia Mohammad ). The question is: who does APC represent?

Much as we clamour for better governance, we need to begin to ask ourselves if disrespecting the President and the office of the President is good enough strategy towards occupying the same office?

Honestly, we all should be ashamed when the office of the presidency is disrespected. Whoever brings the office to disrepute should be punished.

But what can we do when the very people that occupies the office are the chief culprits? What can we do when the greatest office that should be our centre of refinement has been made to drag us down? What can we do when the worst sorts among us occupy that office? What do we do when common criminals who loot our land dry occupy the office?

I think the punishment should start from PDP who imposed a dying Yar'adua as President and a clueless GEJ as his vice. I strongly believe that Obasanjo should be sentenced for seeking 3rd term against our constitution and thereafter imposing an unworthy two on us.

Are we supposed to tolerate criminals, or fight them? Are we suppose to close our mouths when criminals ravage our land? Who is not aware of the $1.1million scandal involving the Presidency and former oil minister? Who has not heard of the 20 billion naira stolen by the Presidency through agents using a made up land transaction between NITEL and CBN?

Who is not aware of the pardon granted to a criminal Alams?

Are these not bringing the office of the Presidency to ridicule? Are we supposed to close our mouths and our conscious because criminals have hijacked our greatest office of respect?

Never.

GEJ, PDP, ACN are gangs of criminals.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Godman_n:

Honestly, we all should be ashamed when the office of the presidency is disrespected. Whoever brings the office to disrepute should be punished.

But what can we do when the very people that occupies the office are the chief culprits? What can we do when the greatest office that should be our centre of refinement has been made to drag us down? What can we do when the worst sorts among us occupy that office? What do we do when common criminals who loot our land dry occupy the office?

I think the punishment should start from PDP who imposed a dying Yar'adua as President and a clueless GEJ as his vice. I strongly believe that Obasanjo should be sentenced for seeking 3rd term against our constitution and thereafter imposing an unworthy two on us.

Are we supposed to tolerate criminals, or fight them? Are we suppose to close our mouths when criminals ravage our land? Who is not aware of the $1.1million scandal involving the Presidency and former oil minister? Who has not heard of the 20 billion naira stolen by the Presidency through agents using a made up land transaction between NITEL and CBN?

Who is not aware of the pardon granted to a criminal Alams?

Are these not bringing the office of the Presidency to ridicule? Are we supposed to close our mouths and our conscious because criminals have hijacked our greatest office of respect?

Never.

GEJ, PDP, ACN are gangs of criminals.

Bro you just nailed it. My whole intention is call for an new frontier beyond the political structure that exist today because they have nothing to offer. If APC is the only option to PDP, we are all doomed, from Jonah to Jagaban!!! after what our eyes have seen in Lagos? That is the beginning of hell for Nigerians, but my Garri drinking friend will not see my point because the thing don block in brain and where the sun don't shine. That said,a good start will be to acknowledge the efforts by Jonathan beyond PDP baggage that he carries.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

I'd have told you to do same, but ur dad was a brainless tadpole. So I'll just say.....

stay well"

Bro, are you chickening out now or what? thought you had it all figured out. Agabaya... grin grin grin grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by akpomeme(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

stay well"

Bro, are you chickening out now or what? thought you had it all figured out. Agbaya... grin grin grin grin
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st][/quote]
Shame on you.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by Garrithe1st: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
Shame on you.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by kopy: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
I hate dat APC with passion!!!they can't do nigeria any better even if they re given power..Failures party!!
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by eazzzy1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by deletrue: 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
deeptesting:
First your name clearly indicates that you are from Niger Delta, hence, your soft stand for the incumbent leader irrespective of his poor performance on tackling corruption.
Please what is your definition of self fish interest?
In a democratic state the actions and in actions of the opposition will always be seen as selfish, to score cheap political goals and curry the favor of the people, I am not disturbed one inch with the criticism against the person of the president and his office in as much as their criticism or statement does not incite violence. We need a change in this country, we must stand up to speak the truth irrespective of whose ox is gored and stop playing politics of ethnicity and religion..Have we not suffered enough as a people? Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.l
It pains me a great deal when a nigerian like you will reason wrongly. Are you now saying boko haram, a measure introduced by the north to make jona government uncomfortable is also a constructive criticism? Are you now saying that the effect of this boko which every nigerians and non nigerians are suffering is as a result of jona's inability to fight corruption. or what on earth do you think will be as disturbing as this boko haram introduced by the north.
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by bknight: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
I still think while tinubu & friends are free to criticize any govt actions, diplomacy & ethics shldnt be thrown to d gutter. GEJ certainly needs to caution Abati, Abati is without manners, he doesn't befit the presidency angry
Re: Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough by carule(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
I don't think Nigerians are blind or dumb people who don't know good from bad. if Disrespecting The Office Of The President & GEJ is how our voices can be heard lets do it. Lets call a spade a spade. cant just forget what our very own GEJ told Amanpour on CNN that "foreign investors should forget BOKO HARAM and come to Nigerian to invest". not forgetting the pardon granted to a criminal Alams? so why should we not disrespect his office?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment / Oyegun: 99 Percent Of APC Presidential Aspirants Agreed To Consensus / Bagudu, Zulum, Oyegun, Others Eulogise Fayemi At Valedictory Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.