Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243131 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks bro, I appreciate ur response
physise: no need to root
Thanks bro, I appreciate ur response
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by femiayo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Onosy:

Please has anyone used Google chrome browser on this tab (Tecno N9)? some1 said it failed to install on his! with this msg (pakage file not sign properly)

I v on mine and its working perfectly plus opera UC browser firefox etc
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by femiayo(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
physise: no need to root

I'm allergic to insults too like d original poster. why do u need to root ur fone and how do u root I hope dr will be some 1 out dr dt will want to teach me thanx
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by physise(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
femiayo:

I'm allergic to insults too like d original poster. why do u need to root ur fone and how do u root I hope dr will be some 1 out dr dt will want to teach me thanx
https://www.nairaland.com/1193099/ten-reasons-why-u-should
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Funmimercy: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
please i wld like to know the sound quality of this tab, because the sound quality of the tecno D5 i've got is not good at all.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Funmimercy: please i wld like to know the sound quality of this tab, because the sound quality of the tecno D5 i've got is not good at all.

If you want better sound I woulod advise u get urself a Home theatre cheesy cheesy cheesy....its high time we tell orselves the truth...You don expect a tablet or Phone to sound like a Home Theatre...thats not what its made for...so also u don't expect ur home theatre to browser etc...

Its as bad as someone saying His car can't fly like a Chopper. or some1 wanting His car to fly...These devices/gadgets/Electronics/Automobiles are made for diff purposes and should be used for the purpose they were made for....How do we expect things to work when we always expect round pegs to fit square holes... grin grin grin

I may have sounded a little too hard but the truth is everything on Earth including Humans have their purposes and that should be respected if we want things to work.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2013
femiayo:

I v on mine and its working perfectly plus opera UC browser firefox etc

Thanks....That was my only worry...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2013
My admin officer got marketed and plunked money on this device grin grin grin

he brought it to me for admiration. can't bring myself to knock him, iv been lying through my teeth grin grin grin

this device cannot do hardware video decoding....(Mediatek no dey get GPU? sad)

had to use MXplayer and chose software decoding to play a HD mp4

truth be told, u can see the pixels on the screen.

if u know whats good for u dont ever remove d protector.

sound..... as long as there are other similar (to tecno) devices with better sound, that excuse does not fly.

stop settling for rubbish just because u think they are doing u a favour.

thats how gionee put a 720P screen in ther own fone and sell it for...... less yet u r kissing tecno's arse

just change d launcher too. the one on it is all shades of rubbish

enable developer mode and remove animations. limit background processes to 3 or it will slow down when u install apps

DO NOT force gpu rendering.. Im just laughing here. only God sabi whaich kain tweaks dem apply wey dis thing dey benchmark those scores.

If this is your 1st device or u haven't used a top end one, i can see why u would like it.......
if not, LAILAI!! never
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Whitebarry(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Pls, is there any aplicacation needed for the playing of vedio on this tablet because I have been trying but it didn't play.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Somepeeps can't just live with peace..... there has been calm already for a while'even in d comparism thread! The fact still is "the device is good" for normal use,can't say its d best too!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by pholareen1(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: My admin officer got marketed and plunked money on this device grin grin grin

he brought it to me for admiration. can't bring myself to knock him, iv been lying through my teeth grin grin grin

sound..... as long as there are other similar (to tecno) devices with better sound, that excuse does not fly.

thats how gionee put a 720P screen in ther own fone and sell it for...... less yet u r kissing tecno's arse

enable developer mode and remove animations. limit background processes to 3 or it will slow down when u install apps

DO NOT force gpu rendering.. Im just laughing here. only God sabi whaich kain tweaks dem apply wey dis thing dey benchmark those scores.

If this is your 1st device or u haven't used a top end one, i can see why u would like it.......
if not, LAILAI!! never

Sorry, your point here. I respect you a lot from the android anyone post. I just think you should just leave this. You are more than this now. Just let them enjoy what they have. All fingers are not equal. You are a techy geek who looks for more and I understand that. You do not have to stoop to discourage people from using the product.

I'm sorry if I have said too much but I just think it would help if you could just stick and continue with the good work you doing on the other post.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2013
Whitebarry: Pls, is there any aplicacation needed for the playing of vedio on this tablet because I have been trying but it didn't play.

MX Player would play most Video format...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: My admin officer got marketed and plunked money on this device grin grin grin

if not, LAILAI!! never

This is what happens when people want 2 much from a device....expect a tablet to function like a mini DV video camera, home theatre, mainframe computer etc......

If you want to be a photographer or Cameraman simply buy urself a camera and stop using a tab as one...its feels very awkward when I see people holding a tablet (7" - 10"wink high in parties, churches, occassions/functions/seminars all in the name of taking pictures or video clips....there area devices made for that purpose and that was why google didn't have a rear camera in their first Nexus 7 because they knew it was not necessary for a table and the front camera they addd was for video chatting (one of the things a tab was made for)....

People will buy a car and expect the car to fly like a chopper angry angry angry and they simply get disappointed whe their cars can't fly like a chopper does...

Most tablet owners don't do more than watch video, play games and music and also browser the web (Facebook) what else do they use it for....

I can't leave an LED TV with a home theatre for the sake of watching a movie with a tab....unless u rarely have electricity in ur area grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Whitebarry(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2013
Pls who can help me out wit this run.ko of thing because it doesn't installed on my tab. This is wat it display

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Onosy:

Most tablet owners don't do more than watch video, play games and music and also browser the web (Facebook) what else do they use it for....

I can't leave an LED TV with a home theatre for the sake of watching a movie with a tab....unless u rarely have electricity in ur area grin grin grin

why are u pple so touchy?

do u pple realise i have never spoken against this devices?

i don't.... especially because i did feasibiliy reports and business plans for the folks who went into this business grin grin grin i know more than u all do.

[size=14pt]i have often simply just said, STOP WITH THE FOOLISH COMPARISONS WITH MUCH BETTER HARDWARE[/size]

if u cannot accept this, then too bad. people have the right to call out the BS.

besides, if only u took time to read and understand my post........ if only. grin grin grin

i just practically gave out solid tips on using the device, u are complaining?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Rdduite(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Like seriously u mean MediaTek chipsets dont video record? Let me google it myself! I've been planning on getting dis chaep device bt its like cheap things dnt really worth it after all
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2013

if not, LAILAI!! never
Thanks for your ironic advice, u might think you are doing tecno user a favour but your favour wasnt needed anyway. Let tecno user use their device in peace, you are always ironically bashing tecno like you own a better company, Tecno cant be compared to Samsung, only a novice doesnt know this, since you know better, you would have known most people buy for the price, would galaxy tab 2 10.0 be 35k and people still go ahead to buy tecno n9? i doubt. lastly, No tweak was applied for those benchmark scores. Jejely use the Exit door.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by shenkron: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2013

if not, LAILAI!! never

This post is a prime example of how thick some people can be. Why would you expect a 70k worth of hardware in a 35k device? Please stop embarrasing yourself and don't shame people for using a budget product just because it doesn't suit your high expectations. Its 35k for God's sake use your damn sense!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Rdduite: Like seriously u mean MediaTek chipsets dont video record?

bros i said decode. hardware video decoding. job of a GPU.

i tried this device and realised it did not do that.. meaning the Mediatek Chipset either has a very poor or no GPU.......

i hope u dont accuse me of something else and start another thing oo. Tecno people can be very touchy.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Big.game:
Thanks for your ironic advice, u might think you are doing tecno user a favour but your favour wasnt needed anyway.

bros u don vex? no vex na.... no vex grin

Big.game:

Let tecno user use their device in peace, you are always ironically bashing tecno like you own a better company,

Hian. Slander. when did i bash Tecno?. I can't fit!!!
i only share knowledge. no bashing

Big.game:

Tecno cant be compared to Samsung, only a novice doesnt know this, since you know better, you would have known most people buy for the price, would galaxy tab 2 10.0 be 35k and people still go ahead to buy tecno n9?

ALLELUIA!!! PRRRRAAAAAAIIIISSSSEEEE THA LOOORRRRRD
Somebody here sees the light.

Broda big.Game YOU ARE BLESSED!!!!

Big.game:

i doubt. lastly, No tweak was applied for those benchmark scores. Jejely use the Exit door.

MUHEHEHEHEHE... bros.. no start another thing o. Hian. no be android? anyhow u like u tweak your kernel, OS and Build.prop

Device with this kind of specs dey benchmark like that,. na stock android config be that?

even uncle samsung sef don dey tweak benchmarks... MCHEEEW

[size=18pt]UP TECNO. TECNO IS THE BEST OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/size]

make i put am for my siggy sef
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
shenkron:
This post is a prime example of how thick some people can be.

O gaa o.

But what can fa all this insult? U see me for dream ni?

shenkron:
Why would you expect a 70k worth of hardware in a 35k device? Please stop embarrasing yourself and don't shame people for using a budget product just because it doesn't suit your high expectations. Its 35k for God's sake use your damn sense!

First of ALL, i dont know u.

probably u forgot u are using ur new account cheesy cheesy cheesy

why the aggro?

Secondly, is the bolded not what we have been saying?

Are u equally too thick to see all those threads comparing 30k low end hardware to premium devices?

have u not seen all the talks of benchmarks etc, have u not seen all the "versus" threads?

[size=28pt]U MUST BE VERY STOOPID[/size] for insulting me without cause
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

O gaa o.

But what can fa all this insult? U see me for dream ni?

First of ALL, i dont know u.

probably u forgot u are using ur new account cheesy cheesy cheesy

why the aggro?

Secondly, is the bolded not what we have been saying?

Are u equally too thick to see all those threads comparing 30k low end hardware to premium devices?

have u not seen all the talks of benchmarks etc, have u not seen all the "versus" threads?

[size=28pt]U MUST BE VERY STOOPID[/size] for insulting me without cause

the fact that you know some stuff about gadgets doesnt mean u have to go lippy about it....

you talk like a kid, i am sure you are one.....

please run to mommy...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lagusta:

the fact that you know some stuff about gadgets doesnt mean u have to go lippy about it....

you talk like a kid, i am sure you are one.....

please run to mommy...

is this your usual account?

u must be r.e.ta.rded since calling people names like "thick" appears to be a compliment in your dictionary.

this is the 4th account i have identified with u on NL..... immature loudmouthed dolt. ur too ashamed to use just one to demonstrate your abundant idiocy shey?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by shenkron: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

u must be r.e.ta.rded since calling people names like "thick" appears to be a compliment in your dictionary.

this is the 4th account i have identified with u on NL..... immature loudmouthed dolt. ur too ashamed to use just one to demonstrate your abundant idiocy shey?

Let's assess your last few posts.

Firstly, you call me stupid while you're mistaken me for another person whom I know nothing of. Just because you have been insulted by various other posters because of your inconsiderate and biased review of Tecno N9, doesn't therefore mean that I am several anonymous posters acting as one person.

Also touching upon the subject of stupidity, why Mr.Genius do you find it so hard to use correct grammar in your posts? Hypocrisy I daresay?

I have seen other threads on the comparisons of low-end devices to high-end. On what basis does that make me thick? Seeing how you expect so much from a cheap product and tell me I'm stupid for insulting you with no cause? I beg to differ.

Finally, my account isn't new. I haven't been posting much here because I have a life to live. You know, meeting friends, family time, not creating pointless arguments on the internet.

Please leave the Tecno users to enjoy their products.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

see where u failed

you now associate other accounts to mine....

didnt you check my profile? do you think i have time for shenaneghans

like i said, RUN TO MOMMY BOY!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ibietela2(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lagusta:

see where u failed

you now associate other accounts to mine....

didnt you check my profile? do you think i have time for shenaneghans

like i said, RUN TO MOMMY BOY!!!

Why are you wasting your precious time with that guy?? He ain't worth it.

Am tired of talking to the guy.... He claims to know everything, talking trash about a product he has never used. Chipset this, chip that hardware this, GPU this blaha blah blah blah blah blah....

All this UK & US used phone buyers
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ibietela2(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Whitebarry: Pls, is there any aplicacation needed for the playing of vedio on this tablet because I have been trying but it didn't play.

Mx player
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ibietela2(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Whitebarry: Pls who can help me out wit this run.ko of thing because it doesn't installed on my tab. This is wat it display

Try the app first if it will work. Goto option then enable non root access for android 4.0+
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu you don scatter thread na. hope say you don happy.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Funmimercy: 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Onosy:

If you want better sound I woulod advise u get urself a Home theatre cheesy cheesy cheesy....its high time we tell orselves the truth...You don expect a tablet or Phone to sound like a Home Theatre...thats not what its made for...so also u don't expect ur home theatre to browser etc...

Its as bad as someone saying His car can't fly like a Chopper. or some1 wanting His car to fly...These devices/gadgets/Electronics/Automobiles are made for diff purposes and should be used for the purpose they were made for....How do we expect things to work when we always expect round pegs to fit square holes... grin grin grin

I may have sounded a little too hard but the truth is everything on Earth including Humans have their purposes and that should be respected if we want things to work.

A tab is used for so many things. The reason i want a tab could be different from the reason you want yours. i asked a question based on the fact that i wanted a sincere answer that concerns one of the purposes i need a tab. Excuse me when i say sound quality i know what i mean. You don't need to insult me, my former tecno product is not really serving my purpose well because of the sound quality. I can't even listen to live radio (internet based radio) without having to strain my ears, or use an ear piece. Every thing shld not be about insult. Please demonstrate a little bit of respect. I have so many things i can use sound for in a tab apart from ur own listed reasons. Excuse me, i asked a sincere question because i wanted to be sure before purchasing the product.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by semid4lyfe(m): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
4ller, just in case you missed it, I am also a tecnocrat. I own the tecno F7 Phantom A+ phone and the Tecno N9 Phantom Pad (Na my money no reach buy Sammy).

Pls, no more dissing of Tecno and it's users otherwise I go do you strong thing tongue
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin bro nothing wrong with being a tecnocrat ooo. nothing do u. at least u can read and actually read.

quite how they arrived at that conclusion is absolutely mind boggling. pple that have been around for a while and know the genesis of all dis china phone droids know better.... at least i can say i contributed in no small way in making them widely available unlike those days u had to order them in units from shenzen.

funny folks. if u express a contrary view they insult u.

im just wondering y d comparisons must be made. enjoy ur device in peace. na ur cash.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
While the above pointless arguments went on, I brought out my N9, listened to some songs, browsed the Internet, checked my mails and did some reading.

It doesn't matter what people say, most people find this device perfect for their everyday usages.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.