Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34226 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
[b]1
Performance, Performance, Performance:

Android is an absolutely awesome open source mobile OS for smartphones. The only problem is that with manufacturer’s own version of UI layered upon with bloatware, the performance of the phone could become sluggish, and thus ruining your phone usability. With every update of Android, the performance of the hardware just gets better and better. Rooting your phone and installing your own custom ROMs available online gives a new lease of life even to the first generation of Android Phones. And we are talking stuff like – New windows opening up faster, App menus loading faster and UIs being more responsive.

Hardware / Software Interaction:

Stock Android installations often tend to have bottlenecks when it comes to performance. With a rooted Android OS, this is removed and hence the performance is tweaked. Overclocking the processor is much easier, and even certain functionalities can be enabled which are not present in the default install – e.g. CPU and GPU overclock to boost performance, 3d acceleration and gaming.

Freedom:

Take for example my Android phone – Samsung Galaxy S duos. It came with Android 4.0.4 (or the ics), and I hate to wait for bloody ages to get the carriers upgrade it to jellybean. It will eventually be done, but I will have to wait for ages for the update. If I have my phone rooted, I could easily upgrade my phone with the readily available custom ROM.

Apps2SD:

One of the most important features that rooted phones support is that you can install Apps to the SD Card, instead of clogging up the phone memory. Although, the performance of apps which are installed on the SD card is a bit inferior to the ones on phone. This comes in very handy when you need to backup Apps, since most of the 1st and 2nd generation Android phones don’t come with a lot of internal memory.

Unavailable features:

With the root, features such as face unlock, google now and many more will surface through a custom rom update. also with the features of installing a custom recovery such as clockworkmod recovery to be able to backup your stock ROM for crashing days.

Multi-touch:

This is yet another major feature which is enabled by rooting your phone. ‘Nuff said. mostly for first generation android devices

WiFi and Bluetooth tethering:

With this functionality enabled, you can share your cellular data connectivity to be used by your PC/Laptop. There are several apps available which can assist you to establish a tethering connection, but these only work with rooted phones of the first generation android that lacks this feature.

Better keyboard:

Not that we don’t love what Samsung, or Moto or HTC have to offer – or any of the other paid apps offering keyboard layouts , but custom ROMS have their awesome input methods that make me go hmmm!and being able to delete stock keyboard and replace with any desired one

Apps from other builds:

The whole wide world of the Android market is your oyster. But also, you can get apps from Custom ROMs which are integrated from other builds – such as Switchers that can toggle WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS , Microsoft Exchange to support work mail, etc.etc. The list is endless. [Well, not endless really, but you know what I mean).

Because you can:

The most ultimate reason. Because you are the BOSS. It’s your phone which you paid your hard earned money for. And you are not letting the shitty default installation ruin the experience for you.[/b]

you can contact me on rooting and upgrading any android device. just view my signature below.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by 4peace(m): 3:50am On Feb 12, 2013
so did you able to install customised rom for tecno n3 or upgrade it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 12, 2013
1) I own a Samsung Galaxy S duos too. Surely you should know that as for WiFi tethering the phone can do that by default. Inbuilt with Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities.

2) Just install swiftkey3. It's all the Better keyboard you'll ever need. typing with speed with one hand courtesy the power of extreme predictive text.

3) By the way what process did you follow to root yours. was hoping for something as stupidly easy as the SuperOneClick-RootAndroid i used on my first Android device but with the long process i saw advertised on Xda-Developers i lost all interest. I'm still not bothered as i haven't found a task i couldn't do that rooting'll become necessary.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2013
4peace: so did you able to install customised rom for tecno n3 or upgrade it
I only used n3 for a week before giving it out o. There is no custom ROM for that device and may never be. Its. Has a dual sim function which makes it impossible for devs to port cm roms to it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2013
trae_z: 1) I own a Samsung Galaxy S duos too. Surely you should know that as for WiFi tethering the phone can do that by default. Inbuilt with Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities.

2) Just install swiftkey3. It's all the Better keyboard you'll ever need. typing with speed with one hand courtesy the power of extreme predictive text.

3) By the way what process did you follow to root yours. was hoping for something as stupidly easy as the SuperOneClick-RootAndroid i used on my first Android device but with the long process i saw advertised on Xda-Developers i lost all interest. I'm still not bothered as i haven't found a task i couldn't do that rooting'll become necessary.
This post is not directed to S duos, I only used it as an example. Read that line again. I stated its basically for first generation android device.
As for the keyboard, everyone has their own specialties. Swiftkey can't smell my phone grin smartkeyboard is my best installed it and made it default on my duos and tab
As for the rooting, if u can do it yourself, let me know so that I will guide u. Must have a laptop to achieve this and must understand the implications. Am not responsible for any damage to ya device if u do it wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Thanks...
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 12, 2013
guy pls i need info on how to root my sony ericsson X10.... i met someone n he charged me 15k.. so i did not do it.. wat are d risks n d simplest way to do it to avoid d risks?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by 4peace3: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
I only used n3 for a week before giving it out o. There is no custom ROM for that device and may never be. Its. Has a dual sim function which makes it impossible for devs to port cm roms to it

OK
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
ibietela2: Thanks...
Ur wlcm
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
slickrick7: guy pls i need info on how to root my sony ericsson X10.... i met someone n he charged me 15k.. so i did not do it.. wat are d risks n d simplest way to do it to avoid d risks?
Wow 15k to root x10? Well x10 is one of the most difficult phone to deal with in terms rooting and upgrading. U must have a lappi to root and must unlock bootloaders. I stay in Lagos in case u want it done by me just for a token though.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
hehehe....andr0id bus!neSs
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Sunnick(m): 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
I need help in rooting my t-mobile 3g slide and htc g2
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sunnick: I need help in rooting my t-mobile 3g slide and htc g2
this requires a bit of programming to do. do u have a lappi? can u do it yourself? the thread is open to guide people who can do it themselves and to contact me to do the required if your not capable.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
this requires a bit of programming to do. do u have a lappi? can u do it yourself? the thread is open to guide people who can do it themselves and to contact me to do the required if your not capable.
I have the same problem with my tmobile my touch... I have try every possible ways to root the phone myself but none of them work fine
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
oluface: I have the same problem with my tmobile my touch... I have try every possible ways to root the phone myself but none of them work fine
simple by me.
it'll take an amateur about 4 - 6hrs to get any HTC rooted and upgraded.
so what do u intend doing since u cant root it despite all ya efforts?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
How about Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos (dual sim). Can it be rooted? If yes, I need a step-by-step procedure on how and what is needed for it please. Meanwhile, I have one old laptop and I hope it can work. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
luluosas: How about Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos (dual sim). Can it be rooted? If yes, I need a step-by-step procedure on how and what is needed for it please. Meanwhile, I have one old laptop and I hope it can work. Thank you.
its easy to root
download this update.zip
place it to the root of your sdcard
now power off your phone entirely.
press and hold the home button and press the power button, hold the two buttons simultaneously. once the phone powers, release the power button while still holding the home button.this will boot up the phone into recovery.
scroll and click on install zip, choose update.zip in the sdcard and confirm installation. when its finished, reboot device and enjoy root.

NOTE: if your device is not galaxy y pro duos, stay away from this.

dont forget to like and say thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ndigbo: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
simple by me.
I know, you would remember me the HTC desire guy? like always, wanted to say thank you and to remind you that my street fighter is still working o.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2013
ndigbo:
I know, you would remember me the HTC desire guy? like always, wanted to say thank you and to remind you that my street fighter is still working o.
ahh my homie i rememder u just fine o. ur welcome na God.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
its easy to root
download this update.zip
place it to the root of your sdcard
now power off your phone entirely.
press and hold the home button and press the power button, hold the two buttons simultaneously. once the phone powers, release the power button while still holding the home button.this will boot up the phone into recovery.
scroll and click on install zip, choose update.zip in the sdcard and confirm installation. when its finished, reboot device and enjoy root.

NOTE: if your device is not galaxy y pro duos, stay away from this.

dont forget to like and say thanks.
Bros, thank you for the provided support but, it didn't work out.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by firmone: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
hi friends,i kept posting this everywhere in search of assitance,its about my htc hd7 which i got (tokunbo)over a month ago,this phone has stopped ringing out just 2 weeks after purchase and it hangs every minute, somebody told my about factory reset and have done that severally but not solving the problem i wish sombody is here to help me out because its giving me a lot of headache.tanx.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ndizzle(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Please help me.I use HTC salsa.its s-on.I tried following the process outlined in htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader.I have successfully updated d HBOOT.but I don't get the part of creating a folder in my c drive,sdk and how to get the files to be put in it.pls help me with download links for d files too ,thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
simple by me.
I no go mind if i got come ur side make u help me root am .. abeg
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
Bros, thank you for the provided support but, it didn't work out.
its impossible
its either u don't own a y pro duos or u didn't flash the update.zip file through recovery. if u did, ur phone will be rooted instantly.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
firm one: hi friends,i kept posting this everywhere in search of assitance,its about my htc hd7 which i got (tokunbo)over a month ago,this phone has stopped ringing out just 2 weeks after purchase and it hangs every minute, somebody told my about factory reset and have done that severally but not solving the problem i wish sombody is here to help me out because its giving me a lot of headache.tanx.
am sorry Mehn but this topic is for androids only. I suspect a hardware failure. why not take it mobile engineers to troubleshoot the hardware speakers if u have no sound
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
its impossible
its either u don't own a y pro duos or u didn't flash the update.zip file through recovery. if u did, ur phone will be rooted instantly.
It is a Y Pro Duos. After downloading and saving it on the sdcard, it could not reboot to recovery when I follow the instructions you provided. The only thing I saw on the screen if as the phone fully starts up was safe mode.
Now, how do I flash the update.zip file to the sdcard? Is there a software I need to install first? Please help me. Thank you.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
It is a Y Pro Duos. After downloading and saving it on the sdcard, it could not reboot to recovery when I follow the instructions you provided. The only thing I saw on the screen if as the phone fully starts up was safe mode.
Now, how do I flash the update.zip file to the sdcard? Is there a software I need to install first? Please help me. Thank you.
the instruction was simple. am surprised u still ask if a software is needed to install
to boot into recovery, press and hold the home button then press the
power button briefly while holding the home button, release only the power button immediately your phone powers on,
once booted into recovery scroll to install update from sdcard locate the update.zip u downloaded and flash.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
ndizzle: Please help me.I use HTC salsa.its s-on.I tried following the process outlined in htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader.I have successfully updated d HBOOT.but I don't get the part of creating a folder in my c drive,sdk and how to get the files to be put in it.pls help me with download links for d files too ,thanks
I presume u have got your Unlock_code.bin through email from htcdev and have Hboot. if u have HBOOT, u have successfully unlocked bootloaders aswell.
are u sure u can deal with this phone? next would be pushing recovery.img through adb. after that would be rooting depending on the os u currently run.

here this GUIDE FROM XDA FORUM gets u s off/cwm recovery and finally rooted. if u can't do it yourself, u always know what to do.

forget what u were told to create in C drive. Android folder right. u can name it anything u want. but nevermind anyway.
simple open my computers, select your current hard disk which is C drive. open it, move ur adb folder there. rename it to Android. let me make it simple for you. run your command from there by positioning ur mouse on the Android folder, hold shift key and right click the mouse. select open command window here. do it this way instead of calling cmd prompt and directing it to C/Android. follow the guide carefully and get what u desire.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
the instruction was simple. am surprised u still ask if a software is needed to install
to boot into recovery, press and hold the home button then press the
power button briefly while holding the home button, release only the power button immediately your phone powers on,
once booted into recovery scroll to install update from sdcard locate the update.zip u downloaded and flash.
That is exactly what I followed. When the phone turned up, it didn't boot into recovery, it just starts up normally. That is what I am experiencing. Thank you.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
That is exactly what I followed. When the phone turned up, it didn't boot into recovery, it just starts up normally. That is what I am experiencing. Thank you.
I think I missed something. hold volume up + home button + power button. try it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
read the process carefully. repeat it with different time intervals of the power button release, u will get there. why give up? try volume down after some time. I want u to testify
I have done the time interval already. Let me try the volume down. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Below ₦15,000 / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.