Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes (15315 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. / Ugandan Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill That Includes Life In Prison - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by loswhite(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

Simple, there are no people advocating for either and tolerance and acceptance is a gradual process, polygamy if it ever catches wind in the us I am sure it will pass but inzest is bad for the human race, being allowed to Bleep your sister opens up room for children of inzest who are at high risk of genetic deficiencies that they will then spread, we are looking to evolve, not devolve. There you have it, if the culture shifts towards Americans wanting the right to be polygamous they will eventually get it but there is a genetic rejection of inzest.

Freedom to do whatever as long as you don't impose on other people against their will so no, killing people doesn't count and your pet cannot be said to consent or held to the same standards as it is not sapient and an organism of lesser intelligence, any perceived consent will not hold up in court. So doing whatever you want to people will not fly and neither will bestiality, there are two sides to freedom mate, where did you learn that one persons freedom supersedes another, remember equality and what not.
the law is banning propaganda because they are beginning to influence ppl who do not want to be gay in d first placr
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Phoenix6278: USA should come and run their mouth the way they did in Nigeria's case. Nah they won't, they know their boundaries

they understood the laws of power and dare not to start what they cannot finish. Read the 48 laws of power and Number 19 specifically
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Originalsly: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2013
Phoenix6278: USA should come and run their mouth the way they did in Nigeria's case. Nah they won't, they know their boundaries
Hmmm...did CNN miss this decision?...and why no comments from the West condemning the Russians? "Monkey knows which limb to jump on"
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2013
dahonestboss:

they understood the laws of power and dare not to start what they cannot finish. Read the 48 laws of power and Number 19 specifically

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/americas/2013/01/27/368640/US-State.htm

There you go, do not deceive yourself, Russia is the country that lost a war to Japan when Japan was still newly developed and Germany largely outperformed them in WW2 until they were saved by the winter just like how the winter saved them against Napoleon, the greatest kill ratio in combat was against Russia at the battle of Tanneburg in 1914, the US would probably defeat Russia and still have time for breakfast. Russia's victories were in Asia against uncivilized people many decades ago, the only time they got any land in Europe was when Churchill gave them Poland.

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2013
TheRealYemi: I honestly can't understand why with all the beautiful women to be had, a man will prefer another man, it just beats me

Me either but then if you asked me why I find bosoms so fascinating I will never be able to give you an answer so understanding homosexuals is never gonna happen, just have to accept them, they are intelligent people like the rest of us and otherwise no different so we just have to learn to accept that this is their thing and move on.

Acceptance of other people and not judging them is something Christianity preaches isn't it? All ye hypocrits, your the ones I am asking.

On what standard did you judge me as a hypocrite, is it based on the scriptures? if it is then clearly your knowledge of scriptures is quite limited. From my statement above it is clear i wasn't judging, just trying to understand the mind of a homosexual what informs their sexual orientation. My statement wasn't even based on the Bible which clearly and repeatedly denounces this act (Romans 1:18-31 for example). For me, if you choose to be gay it's your business just don't tell me the God of the Bible is okay with it
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2013
TheRealYemi:

On what standard did you judge me as a hypocrite, is it based on the scriptures? if it is then clearly your knowledge of scriptures is quite limited. From my statement above it is clear i wasn't judging, just trying to understand the mind of a homosexual what informs their sexual orientation. My statement wasn't even based on the Bible which clearly and repeatedly denounces this act (Romans 1:18-31 for example). For me, if you choose to be gay it's your business just don't tell me the God of the Bible is okay with it

The paragraph where I responded to your post is completely separate from the one where I accuse people of being hypocrites. you should notice. I wasn't talking about you, I thought that would be clear, sorry that it wasn't.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dare2think: 11:52am On Jun 12, 2013
As much as the subject of Gay acceptance is very subjective, I do not think that we ,as Nigerians, should be celebrating discrimination, especially coming from one of the most racist nations on earth.

I hope those of you praising and congratulating Russia on this move are also celebrating Russia's discrimination and resentment of black people in their country. Several Nigerians and ethnic minorities are butchered yearly because Russians are less tolerable of foreigners just as they are less tolerable of Gays.

As much as we may not accept the lifestyles of the Gay community, we must not celebrate their discrimination either. Especially as our race has been one of the most discriminated race in history, a testament that is still very poignant in current times.

Russia's discrimination should not be celebrated regardless of race, gender or orientation. If you feel otherwise, then you must accept the discrimination of the other groups and avoid double standards.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by mobi5592: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

You are thinking of western nations, Russia is nothing like them, it is more like china were the government and the people are separate and it is heavily oppressive of it own people.

Clearly God is not blessing Russia, he is blessing those soddom and gomorrah nations because by any stretch of the imagination they are all much better than putin prison.
I hear u. Go tell that to the chinese. Thank God for a nation like russia and china that stand to challenge these european nations and their perverted laws.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by mobi5592: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
Van snickers: Hypocrites that can't leave their noses out of other people's lives.
I might not be gay, but the way you people treat homosexuals makes me more Pro-gay everyday.
'You might not b gay'. Lol. We already know were u belong. But if something in you is not proud of what you are doin, i think its time to rethink.
In d words of plato, 'to they own self be truthful'.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
mobi5592:
I hear u. Go tell that to the chinese. Thank God for a nation like russia and china that stand to challenge these european nations and their perverted laws.

A billion people live in China on less than 5 USD a day, the Chinese economy is growing and yet the people are poor and starving, China has a class, the politicians and their relatives who are rich and everyone else is poor and oppressed, Hong Kong wants to be free china won't let them, Tibet as well, Taiwan. America's crime according to you is allowing people who chose to be perverted to be so and you condemn them while China chooses to oppress and enslave people but you are okay with that. I can now see how the European nobles tolerated what their kings did to the people, if it is not your problem it is okay, something trivial like the freedom to misbehave and make our own bad choices which God has given us btw is what you chose to prosecute. As long as you don't pretend to be any better than the people you point fingers at and criticize I am cool with whatever nonsense you say.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by caprini: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
If Russia is dat bad a racist country,how come so many black africans,black brazillian,are making mega cash in the same Russia ,playing football?samuel etoo,Fernandinho,Ahmed Musa etc
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by makahlj2: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Van snickers:

The KGB was scrapped in 1991 after the collapse of the Soviet union.
Not exactly, in fact it was renamed to "FSB".
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by omoharry(f): 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
WAKA PASS AND NO LOOK BACK. gay SUPPORTER
fitzmayowa: What happened to live and let others live
Just passing by sha
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by omoharry(f): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Van snickers: Hypocrites that can't leave their noses out of other people's lives.
I might not be gay, but the way you people treat homosexuals makes me more Pro-gay everyday.
TRY TALK TRUTH. BE CONFIDENT AND BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE.MR GAY

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
caprini: If Russia is dat bad a racist country,how come so many black africans,black brazillian,are making mega cash in the same Russia ,playing football?samuel etoo,Fernandinho,Ahmed Musa etc

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1637785-mario-balotelli-racially-abused-again-in-italy-why-serie-a-must-act-now

Racial discrimination is rampant in Italy and particularly in the Ukraine, UEFA was actually giving advice to non whites to stay away but still there are black students there, it is not as if the second you step into the country someone will cut your head off but there is a heightened risk by comparison.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
blackpanda:

Then following ur analogy, how come more people are migrating to france and germany than russia. Obviously ur assumptions are baseless. Russia is one of the worst countries in terms of per capita income. The only thing they have is nuclear power, that's all

In terms of places for humans to live on this planet, russia is one of the worst. With no regards whatsoever for human rights, a long history of ruthless and tyranical govts and continous suppression of any form of opposition or dissenting views. Heck, nobody wakes up in the morning and prays to find him/herself in russia! Now, america on the other hand is the most sought after places, not jst to visit but to migrate. An american visa is worth more than a million russian visas

No, that's not all.

Google 'gas reserve' and see what they have.

Also, google Gas supplies to Europe and see something else.

You don't have an idea of what you are talking about.

America's human rights record is falling, they can now kill Americans routinely just on mere suspicion of terrorism, and the killing can be anywhere.

It's happening, they have already whacked Anwar Al-Awlaki and some others including a child.

It means, when subjected to what other countries have been subjected to over centuries, i.e. internal violent strives and intolerant ideology, which America had been insulated from, that America will be just like any other tyrannical state.

They are already monitoring all your communication, it means you cannot just be free any more, it's no longer the FREE WORLD capital, it's now a police state, yes like Russia.

Journalists are not insulated from prosecution anymore. They are being hounded left-right-centre for doing their jobs.

Times are changing my brother, many people are renouncing their American citizenship too.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/08/67-people-renounced-their-us-citizenship-in-1st-quarter-year-irs-says/

And as economic freedoms that people are seeking become rare as a result of heavy tax burden, many will seek fortunes in many of the developing and frontier markets of the world.

As America continues to insult people's sensibility and irritating people (even their allies like Nigeria and many African countries) by forcing their homosexual ideology on the rest of the world (as if slave-trade is still on), it will become less attractive even to entitlement seekers from the less developed countries.

As good governance is deeply rooted in many countries, opportunities will be presented for citizens to live a good life.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by omoharry(f): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think: As much as the subject of Gay acceptance is very subjective, I do not think that we ,as Nigerians, should be celebrating discrimination, especially coming from one of the most racist nations on earth.

I hope those of you praising and congratulating Russia on this move are also celebrating Russia's discrimination and resentment of black people in their country. Several Nigerians and ethnic minorities are butchered yearly because Russians are less tolerable of foreigners just as they are less tolerable of Gays.

As much as we may not accept the lifestyles of the Gay community, we must not celebrate their discrimination either. Especially as our race has been one of the most discriminated race in history, a testament that is still very poignant in current times.

Russia's discrimination should not be celebrated regardless of race, gender or orientation. If you feel otherwise, then you must accept the discrimination of the other groups and avoid double standards.
TALKING OF DESCRIMINATION AGAINST FOREIGNERS.YOU WAKA FAR OO! WHAT ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA WEY DEY YOUR BACK YARD IN THE SAME AFRICA CONTINENT.SO FORGET RUSSIA CASE OF DESCRIMINATION AND FACE THE CASE AT HAND. WELLDONE RUSSIA,FLUSH OUT THIS GAY PEOPLE BEFORE THEY INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE AND CHILDREN WITH THIER NONSENCE ACT.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
blackpanda: Well its not surprising. There's a parallel line btw countries that advocate freedom and the protection of human rights, and those that seek to continously enslave people with no regards for their rights.
Am very sure the whole world knows which group russia falls into. The country is reputed as a home to some of the most ruthless tyrants in mankinds history. Certainly this is not a model Nigeria wants to follow. Gays are here to stay. They re our brothers, sisters, friends, relatives and even parents. There's no law anyone can pass to change that. The worst u can do is to make pple hide their relationships

You don't want to test/tempt our resolve do you?
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
omo harry:
TALKING OF DESCRIMINATION AGAINST FOREIGNERS.YOU WAKA FAR OO! WHAT ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA WEY DEY YOUR BACK YARD IN THE SAME AFRICA CONTINENT.SO FORGET RUSSIA CASE OF DESCRIMINATION AND FACE THE CASE AT HAND. WELLDONE RUSSIA,FLUSH OUT THIS GAY PEOPLE BEFORE THEY INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE AND CHILDREN WITH THIER NONSENCE ACT.

That didn't make any sense, South Africa's proximity to Nigeria has no bearing on whether discrimination in Russia is okay or not, I suggest you take a learning class in advanced reasoning and logic, you need it.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think: As much as the subject of Gay acceptance is very subjective, I do not think that we ,as Nigerians, should be celebrating discrimination, especially coming from one of the most racist nations on earth.

Meanwhile you own double standard is not hidden here as well.

Black people are routinely killed in America and the UK but you chose to ignore that simply because they share your view on homosexuality, i.e. anti-discrimination.

Black people are racially profiled and not properly integrated into the system despite centuries of living in those countries.

Germany and France discriminate against blacks as well, yet you didn't mention them in your 'racist nations on earth'. You would have come across as a very anti-discrimination hero had you not conveniently omitted naming the other 'racist nations earth'.

And no, identifying with a nation that share your view on a particular issue is not celebration of discrimination.

Nigeria (people and government) is against homosexuality, Russia (people and government) is against homosexuality, what's wrong with showing affiliation?

2 Likes

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gerrard59: @ Mr Dondey, Japan is the 2nd most technologically developed nation after the US and not Russia. They are not even in the top 5 at all.
What has Russia invented/discovered that the world utilize apart from Weapons? No medical breakthrough,Engineering invention and yet someone say they are the 2nd most technologically developed nation just because they passed an anti-gay law. Even S.korea,Singapore are far developed than dem sef.

I don't have to lecture you, but I feel obliged to enlighten you. I'm sure this new development from Russia is paining you. For your info, technologically-develop is not about producing consumer's good, it's based on your ability to produce those things at any instant if you want.
S. Korea, Japan, Singapore are not even close to Russia in comparison: those countries only used already known science in dishing new products. You need a lesson bro.

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
dabossman:

Abi o! But then Russia doesn't go begging them for aid. Naija take note.

Nigeria don't beg any country for aid.

We don't need it.

We are not Malawi.

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ: Since when has Russia been considered a part of Europe?

They have always been the weird, poor, communist, half Asian brother of Europe.

ABEG, they are still a "developing nation" alongside Nigeria.

Russia is poor, they invented and spearheaded communism, most of Russia is in Asia and large percentages of them are of Asian origin, infrastructure in South Africa is better than in Russia.

I know that Russia has done something that you like and you want to look at them like some ideal to look up to but Russia but communism ruined Russia, it is in fact a developing state that oppresses its people, whether you chose to accept it or not.

Please stop disgracing yourself in this forum with those childish claims. In fact, you need a month-study in Russia history. Russia is only second to the United States in terms of technology. You should compare their GDP to other European countries.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/americas/2013/01/27/368640/US-State.htm

There you go, do not deceive yourself, Russia is the country that lost a war to Japan when Japan was still newly developed and Germany largely outperformed them in WW2 until they were saved by the winter just like how the winter saved them against Napoleon, the greatest kill ratio in combat was against Russia at the battle of Tanneburg in 1914, the US would probably defeat Russia and still have time for breakfast. Russia's victories were in Asia against uncivilized people many decades ago, the only time they got any land in Europe was when Churchill gave them Poland.

Bro, I know you're gay and this law is the most painful thing you've come across this week, but that shouldn't give the audacity to be making stupid claims.

I don't have to argue with you in politics, since most of your assertions sound like arguments being expected from a kid.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dare2think: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
porka:

Meanwhile you own double standard is not hidden here as well.

Black people are routinely killed in America and the UK but you chose to ignore that simply because they share your view on homosexuality, i.e. anti-discrimination.

Black people are racially profiled and not properly integrated into the system despite centuries of living in those countries.

Germany and France discriminate against blacks as well, yet you didn't mention them in your 'racist nations on earth'. You would have come across as a very anti-discrimination hero had you not conveniently omitted naming the other 'racist nations earth'.

And no, identifying with a nation that share your view on a particular issue is not celebration of discrimination.

Nigeria (people and government) is against homosexuality, Russia (people and government) is against homosexuality, what's wrong with showing affiliation?

Germany,France, USA and United Kingdom are not the subject matter here. When a thread is opened regarding their views on homosexuality, then we can debate on the issue.

Identifying with a nation that discriminates your color and your kind, but celebrate when they discriminate another group is nothing short of madness and ignorance.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
donedy:

Please stop disgracing yourself in this forum with those childish claims. In fact, you need a month-study in Russia history. Russia is only second to the United States in terms of technology. You should compare their GDP to other European countries.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_02_08/Bolshoi-director-undergoes-eye-surgery-in-Germany/

Russia, the great advanced nation where their people need to fly to Germany to get medical care.

GDP per capita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Russia ranging from 17k to 21k while European countries mostly seem to be sitting pretty at 30-50k.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by ALTRUTH(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
[quote

author=CROWÉ]

You are thinking of western nations, Russia is nothing like them, it is
more like china were the government and the people are separate and it
is heavily oppressive of it own people.

Clearly God is not blessing Russia, he is blessing those soddom and
gomorrah nations because by any stretch of the imagination they are all
much better than putin prison. [/quote] Shut up that rotten toilet u
call a mouth. God is not blessing yet they are d second super power in d
world. If banning gay rights is oppressive then oppression is a vry
good thing.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by ALTRUTH(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
[quote
author=CROWÉ]

You are thinking of western nations, Russia is nothing like them, it is
more like china were the government and the people are separate and it
is heavily oppressive of it own people.

Clearly God is not blessing Russia, he is blessing those soddom and
gomorrah nations because by any stretch of the imagination they are all
much better than putin prison. [/quote]
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by ALTRUTH(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
God will PUNISH ALL gay pple and all those that support them including ALL their supporters on Nairaland!
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
AMEN
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

Who told you that it is because they banned homosexuality that he says that, can you prove that they re otherwise a traditional European country? let me tell you something about Russias policy, the syrian government is killing its people and russia supports them while germany, france, the netherlands, the uk are all supporting the people rebelling against the oppressive government so when someone says russia is not a traditional European country don't go making silly statements. Read the whole thread again, there is no argument that Russia is a cesspool of discrimination and tyranny.

Acceptance of other people and not judging them is something Christianity preaches isn't it? All ye hypocrits, your the ones I am asking.

No, your analysis of the Syrian situation is one-sided.

Russia is acting in its enlightened self-interest.

Actually you should have gotten acquainted with the issue before alleging silly statement.

BTW, the argument about 'this' or 'that' government is killing its own people is worn.

In view of the new realities, you guys should come up with a new argument.

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by CROWE: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
porka:

No, your analysis of the Syrian situation is one-sided.

Russia is acting in its enlightened self-interest.

Actually you should have gotten acquainted with the issue before alleging silly statement.

BTW, the argument about 'this' or 'that' government is killing its own people is worn.

In view of the new realities, you guys should come up with a new argument.

The same self interest they had when they supported North Korea, what a beautiful trend, then there's the communist nations of South America, How dictators and Tyrants seem to always gravitate towards the Russians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote / New COVID-19 Variant Found In France As Cases Rise / Ugandan Lecturer Jailed After Writing A Poem About Museveni's Mother's Privates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.