Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes (15312 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. / Ugandan Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill That Includes Life In Prison - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think:

Germany,France, USA and United Kingdom are not the subject matter here. When a thread is opened regarding their views on homosexuality, then we can debate on the issue.

Identifying with a nation that discriminates your color and your kind, but celebrate when they discriminate another group is nothing short of madness and ignorance.

1) No, they are not.

DOUBLE STANDARD is.

DISCRIMINATION is.

And you raised both issues, check.

Just following your logic actually.

2) So what is conveniently ignoring to talk about nations that discriminate against your race and kind because they are simply tolerant of another group?

It's SLAVERY, and it's worse than ignorance and any form of madness.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dare2think: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
porka:

1) No, they are not.

DOUBLE STANDARD is.

DISCRIMINATION is.

And you raised both issues, check.

Just following your logic actually.

2) So what is conveniently ignoring to talk about nations that discriminate against your race and kind because they are simply tolerant of another group?

It's SLAVERY, and it's worse than ignorance and any form of madness.

You are letting your hatred for the group becloud your objectivity. Double standard is when you are being discriminated by your oppressor, yet you join the oppressor in discriminating another group. Follow that logic.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

The same self interest they had when they supported North Korea, what a beautiful trend, then there's the communist nations of South America, How dictators and Tyrants seem to always gravitate towards the Russians.

You don't want to go there do you?

Russia (USSR) provided solid/robust support and assistance for the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa when your freedom loving buddies in the West supported that egregious system.

The so-called tyrants and dictators were nurtured and groomed by your friends in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by collynzo2(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

Simple, there are no people advocating for either and tolerance and acceptance is a gradual process, polygamy if it ever catches wind in the us I am sure it will pass but inzest is bad for the human race, being allowed to Bleep your sister opens up room for children of inzest who are at high risk of genetic deficiencies that they will then spread, we are looking to evolve, not devolve. There you have it, if the culture shifts towards Americans wanting the right to be polygamous they will eventually get it but there is a genetic rejection of inzest.

Freedom to do whatever as long as you don't impose on other people against their will so no, killing people doesn't count and your pet cannot be said to consent or held to the same standards as it is not sapient and an organism of lesser intelligence, any perceived consent will not hold up in court. So doing whatever you want to people will not fly and neither will bestiality, there are two sides to freedom mate, where did you learn that one persons freedom supersedes another, remember equality and what not.
what shît are you saying? Science has actually proven that the risk of genetic disorder in offspring of incèstuous couples is very low, about 4%, but then again what if they decide not to procreate and adopt kids like gay couples, what becomes your reason for preventing them from getting married? What if the relationship is between two gay siblings, what then is your reason? As for the animal stuff, do you seek their consent before killing them to eat, which is worse? Where exactly do we draw the line in all these?

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by ddeola: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Who say morally upright nations no dey ? Kudos
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dabossman(m): 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
collynzo2: what shît are you saying? Science has actually proven that the risk of genetic disorder in offspring of incèstuous couples is very low, about 4%, but then again what if they decide not to procreate and adopt kids like gay couples, what becomes your reason for preventing them from getting married? What if the relationship is between two gay siblings, what then is your reason? As for the animal stuff, do you seek their consent before killing them to eat, which is worse? Where exactly do we draw the line in all these?

GBAM!

I think there is a lot of double standards in the way the West approaches this issue of gay rights. They talk about 'freedom' and 'rights' yet try to force a lifestyle on the population of an independent nation with threats of withdrawing foreign aid. Doesn't a sovereign nation have the right to decide what laws it wants to abide by through a legal parliamentary vote? Did they as a nation reach the abolition of slavery overnight? Even as we speak, gay marriages are still illegal in some states in the US. Has the US government threatened to stop giving them any support from Washington because of their stance.

Is the power of the majority vote no longer an integral part of democracy? I don't support violence against anyone, but if our society says we are not ready to accept homosexuality as a way of life, shouldn't we be entitled to our choice?

1 Like

Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by collynzo2(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think: As much as the subject of Gay acceptance is very subjective, I do not think that we ,as Nigerians, should be celebrating discrimination, especially coming from one of the most racist nations on earth.

I hope those of you praising and congratulating Russia on this move are also celebrating Russia's discrimination and resentment of black people in their country. Several Nigerians and ethnic minorities are butchered yearly because Russians are less tolerable of foreigners just as they are less tolerable of Gays.

As much as we may not accept the lifestyles of the Gay community, we must not celebrate their discrimination either. Especially as our race has been one of the most discriminated race in history, a testament that is still very poignant in current times.

Russia's discrimination should not be celebrated regardless of race, gender or orientation. If you feel otherwise, then you must accept the discrimination of the other groups and avoid double standards.
This whole comparing blacks with gays thing is becoming ridiculous, apart from the bloviations of that renowned geneticist Lady Gaga, there is no scientific proof that gays are born that way, so you all should stop sthe silly comparison.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by collynzo2(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_02_08/Bolshoi-director-undergoes-eye-surgery-in-Germany/

Russia, the great advanced nation where their people need to fly to Germany to get medical care.

GDP per capita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Russia ranging from 17k to 21k while European countries mostly seem to be sitting pretty at 30-50k.
6 million American citizens go abroad for medical treatment and surgeries every year, so that doesn't mean anything. There can be several reasons for it.
http://www.news.health.com/2009/04/08/traveling-treatment/
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dare2think: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
collynzo2: This whole comparing blacks with gays thing is becoming ridiculous, apart from the bloviations of that renowned geneticist Lady Gaga, there is no scientific proof that gays are born that way, so you all should stop sthe silly comparison.

How is it 'silly comparison'?

Its just about ok to discriminate and kill blacks, but its better to discriminate gays?

My point remains elusive to some because bigotry blinds their ability to reason. I don't care about your feelings towards gays.

Regardless of sentiments, blacks and gays in Russia have a common enemy, and that is the ignorance of majority of the Russians. Hundreds of Nigerians are being discriminated and killed in Russia, yet Nigerians are joining them in celebrating the victimization of another group.

If you fail to see the fallacy in that, then I'm sorry. Not much that I can do.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by collynzo2(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think:

How is it 'silly comparison'?

Its just about ok discriminate and kill blacks, but its better to discriminate gays?

My point remains elusive to some because bigotry blinds their ability to reason. I don't care about your feelings towards gays.

Regardless of sentiments, blacks and gays in Russia have a common enemy, and that is the ignorance of majority of the Russians. Hundreds of Nigerians are being discriminated and killed in Russia, yet Nigerians are joining them in celebrating the victimization of another group.

If you can not see the fallacy in that, then I'm sorry. It is beyond you.
No, the onus is on you to determine the difference between those trying to use propaganda to encourage others to adopt their weird lifestyle and people who were born of a particular colour/race. No comparison whatsoever.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by dare2think: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
collynzo2: No, the onus is on you to determine the difference between those trying to use propaganda to encourage others to adopt their weird lifestyle and people who were born of a particular colour/race. No comparison whatsoever.

Discrimination does not care about race, gender, or sexual orientation. Applauding the Russians for discriminating one group makes it difficult to rationalize when they discriminate another.

Its is even worse when one of the 'discriminated' is complicit in the discrimination of the other 'discriminated'.

The situation is akin to Gay Russians shouting that 'blacks are monkeys and they deserve to be lynched' forgetting the serious nature of their own predicament. The irony is astounding.

Fair enough you dont like gays, it is devious to now follow the enemy in criticizing them, an enemy that will not waste any moment in giving you the same treatment.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by pazienza(m): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
loswhite: dumb

It takes a dumb 'idiota' like you to recognize another dumb person, people always see in others what exists in them. Eg, a fornicator will always believe everyone else fornicates.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by pazienza(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
loswhite: hw is d topic related to racism?

There is no difference between a racist and a homophobe. Both are driven by an innate hate for a difference(colour, sexual orientation) they observe in others,which obviously cause no harm to them,but which they just lack the understanding and tolerance to accomodate.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
dare2think:

You are letting your hatred for the group becloud your objectivity. Double standard is when you are being discriminated by your oppressor, yet you join the oppressor in discriminating another group. Follow that logic.

Ok, from your Logic 101

It's safe to say that you are letting your avowed love for homosexuals (and homosexuality) inform your rationality.

That because you are tolerant of this behaviour (or group as you call them), your oppressor will somehow cease their discrimination of your group. That's daydreaming at best and delusion at worst.

The idea that you are even comparing a race with a degenerate behaviour is very offensive.

It is an insult.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by pazienza(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Bashing is too mild. we need to be bursting skulls. They are getting too confident
have you seen anyone saying the Duma is chasing shadows or should be pursuing more important things
Russians know their minds
They are not being teleguided from somewhere else

The above post is exactly what i meant. If you take time to visit stormfront,a popular white racist site,the above post is exactly what you would see there, the only difference being that unlike the above poster,the object of hate for the stormfront guys are blacks.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by blkmum700: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
googlepikin: wow russia is in trouble no more aid for them from EU and US.loool im curious o how about asian people sef,are dey on our side like russia or the other side of the pacific.

Are you joking or serious?I don't know when russian start living on US nd EU aid,oga read before u talk!
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
blkmum700:

Are you joking or serious?I don't know when russian start living on US nd EU aid,oga read before u talk!

The guy is only being sarcastic.

There's a loool in that comment.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by preselect(m): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
chris365: Chai!!! shocked our leaders need to go and get some balls frome these Russians
Sure , but get ready to be locked up when security agents knock on your door for abusing GEJ on your Facebook wall.

Shebi you want us to be like Russia ? Ehe now, no more opposition, anyone wey oppose goodluck Jonathan go just disappear. grin

Freedom of speech don end

Lol, my people funny no be small grin

RUSSIA is one place you DON'T want to be and you DON'T want Nigeria to follow. Do your research, get some knowledge.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by bknight: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pedantic hypocrites undecided
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by pazienza(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
porka:

Ok, from your Logic 101

It's safe to say that you are letting your avowed love for homosexuals (and homosexuality) inform your rationality.

That because you are tolerant of this behaviour (or group as you call them), your oppressor will somehow cease their discrimination of your group. That's daydreaming at best and delusion at worst.

The idea that you are even comparing a race with a degenerate behaviour is very offensive.

It is an insult.

I think you are the one that is being blinded by your bigotry.
The guy never implied that being against gay discrimination would lead to the end of black discrimination,but he rightly put it to you that it would be hypocritical to be against black discrimination while on the other hand supporting the discrimination of another group.

The relationship between racism and gay discrimination?

1, both stems from inability to understand and tolerate a 'difference'.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by panafrican(m): 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Great ! it is just wonderful african countries are not alone in the fight against backward practices.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by porka: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
pazienza:

I think you are the one that is being blinded by your bigotry.
The guy never implied that being against gay discrimination would lead to the end of black discrimination,but he rightly put it to you that it would be hypocritical to be against black discrimination while on the other hand supporting the discrimination of another group.

The relationship between racism and gay discrimination?

1, both stems from inability to understand and tolerant a 'difference'.

Your open-mindedness endangers the existence of humanity.

Black is a race.

Homosexuality is a degenerate behaviour.

It's not even a tribe or ethnic group like being Jewish for instance.

That's the difference that cannot be tolerated.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 13, 2013
CROWÉ:

The same self interest they had when they supported North Korea, what a beautiful trend, then there's the communist nations of South America, How dictators and Tyrants seem to always gravitate towards the Russians.

One thing with you is that you lack any insight in politics, foreign affairs based on your unsubstantiated claims. Define what a dictatorship means? Also, define the political atmosphere in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain?
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by jibsai(m): 3:36am On Jun 13, 2013
Van snickers:

I'm not a Homosexual, I'm not even Bi-sexu@l. I'm just against people maltreating Homosexuals just because they are different. Call me Gay all you want, I don't give a Sh1t. I still Screw more girls in a week than you'll screw in three years.

If truly ur a womaniser as d above suggest, then u wouldn't give a fvck bout gay right...its ungodly, immoral, against every form of life God intended for mankind...I enjoy gurls company a lot dat if I find a gay near me! God help me if I dnt scatter his brain*
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by homeboy232(m): 3:59am On Jun 13, 2013
i still dont know why people always think nagative about russia, most expecially those cowards in africa who have passion to be illegal in diaspora...presently, france is in a critical economic situation, pattern of deportation in france is horrible and a big disgrace to all africans....indian is a poor country, people go there for treatment because it is too cheap over there, 70% of patients who travel to india for medical lost there life after a failed surgery..people go to india because u can get india medical visa in three days...u cannot get dat kind of visa for russia..russians will never go outside for medicals...many indians , chinese, uk..etc..somany of them are here studying medicine and information technology....racist is not an excuse for u to condemn russia...france, spain, italy, usa etc..This listed countries are in a critical economic situation...russians dont have time for africans...take note..
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by phinter: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2013
nice one Russia. Being Gay isn't being different at all. Its not right.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Afroconnect: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
nice one Russia,gays are spoilt,over pampered fools who don't know better.i hate gays.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Afroconnect: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
porka:

You don't want to go there do you?

Russia (USSR) provided solid/robust support and assistance for the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa when your freedom loving buddies in the West supported that egregious system.

The so-called tyrants and dictators were nurtured and groomed by your friends in the first place.
Never mind the ignorant gay fool,practice of homosexuality makes one become a dull zombie-these gay peeps are waste.
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by anonymous6(f): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
interesting how america doesn't have the gutts to speak against them about gay rights but makes it a duty to talk to africans about it
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by Myself2(m): 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Talk about a world power that still has their priorities right and a president that is not deluded and does not think with his anu s
Re: Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes by panafrican(m): 4:27am On Aug 04, 2013
Russia will become stronger as the West is weakening itself with all this non-sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote / New COVID-19 Variant Found In France As Cases Rise / Ugandan Lecturer Jailed After Writing A Poem About Museveni's Mother's Privates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.