Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? (675 Views)

Its Obvious That Muhammad Exist In Bible / Develop A Christ Centred Confidence / Why Does Christ's Righteousness Need To Be Imputed To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
I have always wondered. Does Christ-centred relationship still exist in Nigeria? Or did it ever exist? Today, Christ has been relegated to the background in relationships. Relationships are now centred around sex, money, materialism, pride, romance, lust, emotions and sentiments.
Christ-centred relationships are meant to be built around the Word of God and prayers. Couples are supposed to complement each other and help each other grow spiritually and address challenges together.
(1) Are there still born again ladies? All over Lagos and in the corporate, the reigning fashion is tight mini skirt with curvy sleeveless tops. It appears these ladies are trying hard to outdo each other in the shortness of their skirts. Why? Why is indecent dressing an acceptable fashion in our society, even amongst 'Christians'?
(2)Why is it that money, bb, jewelleries, Ipad and other ephemeral things have become the centre of attraction in relationships?
(3) Why do couples take sex as a right in relationships
(4) Why has secular music singing about sex/lust/materials become the popular songs of our day?
(5)Why do guys think good character and decency is enough? No. Good character without the foundation of Christ is baseless.
I'm starting to get tired of searching for a God-centred relationship in Nigeria. I'm tired of emotional loneliness. In addition, family members piling pressure on me. Every lady I meet tend to be the same - short-sighted, carnal, some extremely materialistic, lacking spiritual desires.
I'm getting tempted everyday, sexually and emotionally. By His Grace, I'm a very comfortable bachelor. I can afford keep girlfriends if I so desire.
Someone please encourage me that there are true and loving Christian ladies out there.
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by outcst: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
You are encouraged...there are true Christian ladies who want a Christ centred relationship in Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by obi4eze(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
x-fire:
)Why do guys think good character and decency is enough? No. Good character without the foundation of Christ is baseless.

Bro, we're on the same page. The joy of the Lord is our strength. Just be resolute and uncompromising and God will surely direct 'her' to you. For me I've made up my mind never to marry a deficit. God bless you sir.
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by Feex: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yes, it does exist, though rare. For you to meet a serious Christian, you have to be serious yourself, cos like attracts like

1 Like

Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by riskit33: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yes bros they're true loving born again single ladies in this country. I know a couple of them. But the problem is, they feel as bad as you do because they keep meeting the wrong guys. So they also wonder if there are no believing guys out there. God'll help us!
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by plaetton: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Isn't a Christ-centered romantic relationship a contradiction in terms?
Jesus supposedly never had a love or intimate relationship with opposite sex, so there are no examples, no templates upon which to build this so-called Christ-centered relationship.
Jesus had nothing to teach anyone about romantic relationships, unless, of course, you want to make it up as you go, like most things religious.
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by cinammon(f): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2013
Yea, I know that feeling..A relationship founded on the love of christ is sure the best.But Like RISKIT said,one always end up meeting the wrong guy.So many of them will even pretend to be the kind of guy you want, lead u on and then you start to see the real character..its sad.it makes one become a love struck lost child of God.
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by ckkris: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2013
plaetton: Isn't a Christ-centered romantic relationship a contradiction in terms? Jesus supposedly never had a love or intimate relationship with opposite sex, so there are no examples, no templates upon which to build this so-called Christ-centered relationship. Jesus had nothing to teach anyone about romantic relationships, unless, of course, you want to make it up as you go, like most things religious.

Ekwensu is the real name of this poster..
Re: Does Christ-centred Relationship Still Exist In Nigeria? by ckkris: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2013
SECRETS OF AUTHORITY by Andrew Murray (1828-1917), can help any Christian to become as unshakeable as Paul said. A Christian that STUDIES this book will be able to live, and work anywhere. Such Christian will be able to worship in any church.
Jesus never intend to isolate His people. Jesus seriously plans to SEND HIS PEOPLE AS lambs IN THE MIDST OF FEROCIOUS WOLVES. I have this book right now, and its selling in the streets of Nigeria. This is what x-fire needs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Your Amusement: What It Means To Be Christ Like / How To Pray / Da Bull dies!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.