Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Homosexuals Protest In Anambra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Protest In Anambra (41809 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Protest In Abuja Over FG's Inability To Rescue Chibok Girls (Pics) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by austinkenneth: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Kairoseki77:

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/themes/goodnews/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BZM3.jpg&h=449&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Hey that is MASSOB. If you're familiar with MASSOB you'll know they are the ones in the picture. Look at the flags they have. Look at the looks of the people involved. Do they look feminine? They are Agberos and 85% of MASSOB members are Agberos
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by MrMi6(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2013
abagoro:

Is the law against "same sex intimacy" or "same sex marriage"?
both stupid!
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by micki83(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2013
achi4u:

my guy I have the liecence /right to use any 'concoction' as english language gringrin
Lol...I wasn't calling u out on ur grammar,my brother,but on d fact that u seem to think that some sins are "good",while other sins are "bad"...
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by iamdsam: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Abeg na which section I go carry this tory go? shocked
You for put am romance... Funny
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by porka: 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
ozo_emeka:

In IMO State Mbaise, marriage is taken to be a union between a man and a woman as the case may be. But there are circumstances where a marriage between a woman and a woman is permissible. In a situation where a woman has no son or no child, if the husband dies, it is culturally allowed for her to marry a wife. And in this case, she becomes the husband. Like in every case of marriage, this woman goes out, inquires and gets a wife of her choice. She pays her dowry and fulfills other traditional rites as it is done when a man is marrying a woman.

“Like in every case of marriage, this woman goes out, inquires and gets a wife of her choice.”
After that, the woman brings her "wife" home and they start living together as "husband" and "wife." Nobody frowns at it. To have children, both the "woman-husband" and "woman-wife" will agree to allow a man from the same village or neighboring town to sleep with the wife.

The children born by the wife bear the family name of the woman-husband, not that of the man responsible for the pregnancy. I want to add here that the men who sleep with such wives in most cases are married men. And normally it is regarded as immoral, in fact it is a taboo for a married man to sleep with or "father" children from another woman. But in this case an act normally taken to be immoral is allowed.

This is a situation where people are permitted to break taboos and deviate from traditions. This marriage practice pre-dates Christianity and the so- called western culture which most people today blame for all the moral and cultural wrongs in Africa. The same gender marriage is still practiced till date. In other words, there are some families today in Igboland where women are both husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.

There are some homes where woman-husbands are living happily with their woman-wives, though there are not many such families or marriages. Such unconventional marriages and families are in the minority. The fact is that they exist. The fact is that they are part of the local tradition and culture. They are not imports from the West. And this has in no way undermined social cohesion, public order and morality or family values.

“There are some families today in Igboland where women are both husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.”
Some people have tried to argue that this is not really a case of gender marriage because a man comes in to impregnate the wife. But, traditionally, it is the case and it is known as such. It is a case where a woman marries a woman.
The man who impregnates the wife does not come into the picture at all. He has no family responsibility. His duty is only to supply sperm. The family is responsible for the woman-husband and wife.

Some say that same gender unions destroy family values and undermine the upbringing of children. It should be emphasized that children in this case are brought up in an environment where both "parents" are females. And they grow up to be normal children. Some say because child bearing is involved, then it is not same gender marriage. But my response is this: whether for procreation or for pleasure, it is same gender marriage. And it is the couples, not the state that decides whether to marry for procreation and or for pleasure or for any other purpose they deem fit.

Unfortunately, most Nigerians think that same gender marriage is antithetical to procreation. It is not. In fact same gender unions as in this case enrich family values. There have been instances where a partner in a same gender relationship wants children, and goes ahead to have them.

Because of the secrecy, privacy and hypocrisy that go with sexual expression, no one can really say if these female partners have or do not have sex with each other. But like all couples they live together and run their families. But today, things are changing.

“Same gender unions as in this case enrich family values.”
Individuals are becoming more open, more assertive and expressive with their sexual and marriage choices, desires, orientations and identities. The sexual and marriage dynamics are changing rapidly. And Africans must make the necessary social, cultural and legal adjustments in response to - and to accommodate - these changes.

What you described above is just one of the many variants of SLAVERY practiced in Africa.

It usually involves a RICH WOMAN buying a GIRL to be used as a SLAVE at home.

African rich men and women traded in slaves for centuries before the Europeans joined and it didn't "undermine social cohesion, public order and morality or family values."?

They used the slaves for various things; farming, stealing, robbery, extortion, as "wives" or "husbands" (to use your words) etc.

There are many forms of SLAVERY in Africa my friend.

It may interest you to know that some human beings were actually bred for slaughter.

That is, male/female human beings born/purchased and castrated (sometimes), nurtured and groomed for their role as "follower" of traditional rulers/rich people to the grave.

In other words, they are slaughtered and buried along with the 'big man'.

There is the Osu Caste system too.

Slavery in any form is evil.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Ferdinandu(m): 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
porka:

No, you better be guided.

14 year jail term awaits any homosexual in Nigeria.

It's called Sodomy.

Death by stoning awaits any homosexual caught in Northern Nigeria practicing sharia.

The law is already there.

So you won't go and mess your life up.

The one you might be referring to has not become law yet.

It has just passed in the House of Representatives.

They will harmonize with the one passed earlier by the Senate.s

You can relocate to any of those countries where they accept your behaviour.

Don't test our resolve.
.I'm not gay and personally I detest the Idea of being Gay and my stance on their way of life is indifference.But you know Nigeria is just full of self righteous hypocritical Jews who will rather crucify Jesus or stone an adulterous Woman than jail an Armed robber or a Murderer and you are one of them.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by DerideGull(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
To be a human being is all about obeying certain laws being them natural or statuary laws. Laws are also very local in the sense that certain laws in USA can not be applicable in Nigeria. It is against the law in USA to indulge in polygamy while there is no such useless law in Nigeria or some other Africans countries.

There is nothing hypocritical in obeying laws.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by porka: 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ferdinandu: .I'm not gay and personally I detest the Idea of being Gay and my stance on their way of life is indifference.But you know Nigeria is just full of self righteous hypocritical Jews who will rather crucify Jesus or stone an adulterous Woman than jail an Armed robber or a Murderer and you are one of them.

Your innuendo not withstanding.

We have laws in Nigeria currently against Sodomy.

There are stiff penalties for infractions.

It is the death penalty in Zamfara, Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kebbi, Yobe, Kaduna, Niger and Gombe States.

These states are using the Islamic legal code, Sharia.

For the rest of the country, it is 14 years maximum.

Be guided.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by porka: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
DerideGull: To be a human being is all about obeying certain laws being them natural or statuary laws. Laws are also very local in the sense that certain laws in USA can not applicable in Nigeria. It is against the law in USA to indulge in polygamy while there is no such useless law in Nigeria or some other Africans countries.

There is nothing hypocritical in obeying laws.

Thanks my brother.

Some of these guys will not even dare enter the UAE with the heterosexual unmarried partners and not go to jail.

And they are here telling us Jews and Armed robber tales.

When it comes to some other people and countries, they respect their religious and cultural values.

But they come to Africa with this slavery mentality.

Like we are incapable of deciding what we want by ourselves.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by diwurab: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
@ kwaja..., nature dint make 'em dis way, it is d devil who told 'em lies n ve allowed themselves to be deceived by his lies. If u happen to be gay, abeg change b4 it's too l8. Hell is real!!!.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
have nothing to say but to just call ozor emeka and other pro gays pigs. i am a full blooded anambrarian. our culture does not in any way support gay. every body be careful! satan quotes bible nowadays!
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
porka:

What you described above is just one of the many variants of SLAVERY practiced in Africa.

It usually involves a RICH WOMAN buying a GIRL to be used as a SLAVE at home.

African rich men and women traded in slaves for centuries before the Europeans joined and it didn't "undermine social cohesion, public order and morality or family values."?

They used the slaves for various things; farming, stealing, robbery, extortion, as "wives" or "husbands" (to use your words) etc.

There are many forms of SLAVERY in Africa my friend.

It may interest you to know that some human beings were actually bred for slaughter.

That is, male/female human beings born/purchased and castrated (sometimes), nurtured and groomed for their role as "follower" of traditional rulers/rich people to the grave.

In other words, they are slaughtered and buried along with the 'big man'.

There is the Osu Caste system too.

Slavery in any form is evil.
So now you are also an expert in slavery?
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ferdinandu: .I'm not gay and personally I detest the Idea of being Gay and my stance on their way of life is indifference.But you know Nigeria is just full of self righteous hypocritical Jews who will rather crucify Jesus or stone an adulterous Woman than jail an Armed robber or a Murderer and you are one of them.
Jews didn't kill jesus. The romans did cry Everything they say in the bible is not always true. Like the quoran, the bible was edited by romans for romans. romans are devils. The pestilence wink
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Jews didn't kill jesus. The romans did cry Everything they say in the bible is not always true. Like the quoran, the bible was edited by romans for romans. romans are devils. The pestilence wink

jesus is the sole devil. THe Romans did what any stable government would do by executing traitors to the stability of the EMpire and the existence of ROman Traditional Religion.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
One_Naira: Yet we wonder why the entire world see africans as backwards. some of una need to go read your biology and psychology books. homosexuality is not a choice but something a person is born with. Granted it has been proven that homosexuality is caused by some rewiring in their cerebellum and in the past, psychologist viewed it as a mental problem. well it's been proven it is not. why don't una join the rest of us in the 21st century and learn to tolerate and feel empathy for others. The same way none of us choose to be straight is the same way none of them choose to be gay. Put yourself in their shoes and feel empathy.

I remember a statement i heard i believe it was a documentary they did on CNN, one of the males interviewed mentioned he thought the black community would accept them and understand their plight more than anyone. To be honest i actually agree with him. we experienced the exact same discrimination, hatred, etc. For generations we were seen as less than humans. our children and family life were looked at in disgust. some saw the mixed couple relationship as a sacrilege, all because the white woman or white man was dating an "animal". some of our children were used ad bait for crocodile. our women were raped savagely and men were beating severely all because of a skintone none of them asked to be born with it. The same people that did all that to the black community used religion to support their evil deed now the story has changed and we using the same religion and disgust feelings to commit the same hatred to another community. seriously, some of una need to watch some of those documentaries they've done about gays and learn how much depression,we as society, is putting on them. do you know how many of am commit suicide yearly? do you know how many of am are victims worldwide, especially in africa and middle east, of discriminatory attacks SMH.

I have nothing against the gays as long as the physical part of their relationship is not done in my face. I am not going to deny I do have some prejudice to them like physically intimate, be it kissing, holding hands,etc".. though i have this prejudice, at least i understand this is just what they are. they can't help being who they are, the same way my parents can't help loving eachother, my sister can't help being attracted to her bf, i can't help being attracted to my gf, you can't help being attracted to your gf,bf, wife, or husband. Nigerians needs to just swallow their prejudice and accept them for who they are. it's just disgusting that some people support a law that sentence an innocen human being to jail all because of their s3xual preference. SMH

One guy is obviously tooting your horn.

Toot toot!! LMAO!

No prob sha. I support gay right.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by grandstar(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
If a powerful spell could be cast that could kill all gays,there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth by homophobic fellas.You'll be shocked when people dear to you fall under this spell. A close friend was gay and i never knew!
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

jesus is the sole devil. THe Romans did what any stable government would do by executing traitors to the stability of the EMpire and the existence of ROman Traditional Religion.
Romans don't have a tradition. Everything they have, they stole. Their history, their language. What kind of empire involves incessant torture of kids. Romans are not humans. This Jesus, was actually a gud man. They planned to kill him without provoking an uprising. They used the children of his father against him. Christianity is the ultimate roman propaganda.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by survsoulman(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Na God go purnish dem all
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by pokur: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
porka:

Your innuendo not withstanding.

We have laws in Nigeria currently against Sodomy.

There are stiff penalties for infractions.

It is the death penalty in Zamfara, Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kebbi, Yobe, Kaduna, Niger and Gombe States.

These states are using the Islamic legal code, Sharia.

For the rest of the country, it is 14 years maximum.

Be guided.

Nope,it's 7years not 14.That is,if u were referring to the appropriate sections of the criminal code.The new bill is yet to be conferenced and signed into law.
@Op,my take is we should let them be so far they are not too obnoxious about their lifestyle.
'Sides,I used to think marriage laws are supposed to be the preserve of states.Didn't realize it's now within the purview of the federal legislature
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Read Wole Soyinka's essay, "Sexual Minority and Legislative Zealotry" against the Senate on this issue.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by 46arcadez(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
yuzedo: i hope Abu Mikey, Ebamma, Lesbianboy and Tellwisdom wasnt amongst? undecided very very gay bois, we give up!! angry
Its like I'm not informed, who are these guys and where are they? Make BH locate them
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by AbuMikey(m): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
46arcadez:
Its like I'm not informed, who are these guys and where are they? Make BH locate them
Bros me nor join dem oooo....Yuzedo go cry for my hand!

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Blackgold09(f): 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
abagoro:

Is the law against "same sex intimacy" or "same sex marriage"?
all of the bove
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by waldigit: 4:41am On Jun 14, 2013
Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life. Except a man be born again with Spirit and water!. Good upbringing, morals system, education, etc, can not deliver us from temptation along our area of weaknesses, but the Spirit of God.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by OneNaira6: 4:48am On Jun 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The operative word in my post was "inordinate".
It is rather unfortunate that in your haste to dilute the message you somehow failed to notice this.

I apologize for attacking you. i misunderstood what your message was trying to pass on
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by OneNaira6: 4:53am On Jun 14, 2013
achi4u: Ichie ozo-emeka and oga one_naira,

My only questions to you people are,
1,did you support same-se.x marriage,bro Nnamdi to be married to bro John??

2,would you allow ur only son to marry to another man--?,"ur only son"?...(remember ur lineage?)

3,would you (as a prominent man) attend such a show of shame in the name of marriage? ?

Answer to the first to question is, it's that person said life. whatever he or she is doing with it does not concern me. If it's my future son, once more I'll intervene in matters that'll lead him togreat things but when it comes to personal no concern me as far as I'm concerned. as for the third question, the answer is No. like I said, i support gays but physical intimacy among themselves gross me out. of course, i won't go to an event that will gross me out and I'll most likely offend the participants by my behavior.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 14, 2013
fools.God pls let all of dem die
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 14, 2013
idiots.jail on their mind
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Lol!!! Can only imagine how the scene would have been. Rooting for their friend despite the consequence. Now that's wassup!
Making a stupid law that they themselves don't understand. You're banning gay marriage and jailing someone for something else.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2013
Ebig22: idiots.jail on their mind

Threats of jail don't scare people that much. The country is a damn jail itself!

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: have nothing to say but to just call ozor emeka and other pro gays pigs. i am a full blooded anambrarian. our culture does not in any way support gay. every body be careful! satan quotes bible nowadays!

Your anambra culture doesn't allow Christianity too. Do away with that. Meanwhile, there are still maaany gays down there. You wouldn't know them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shiite Cleric Execution By Saudi Spark Protests In Kano(photos) / Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs / Tinubu Shares Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.