Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Homosexuals Protest In Anambra - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Protest In Anambra (41812 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Protest In Abuja Over FG's Inability To Rescue Chibok Girls (Pics) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 5:17am On Jun 15, 2013
o'boy:
yah man,i am a tradionalist,though i dont worships gods but i uphold the traditions of our fore-fathers
Omenani ga adi o
u reason like a woman. In ur mind, you're saying the truth and being fair. But to be sincere, that ur post on catholicism is uncalled for. Try to be intelligent, take ur stance and stop being blown about by the wind. A common northerner can make u post that rubbish u posted.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by oboy3(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2013
achi4u: You Are On Your Own (OYO) even though am not a die hard xtian for now but catholic remain the best church.
i didnt say catholic is bad,i just said am begining to hate catholic these days,in the olden days catholics do not disturb traditions but today they are really getting on my nerves
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by oboy3(m): 7:32am On Jun 15, 2013
Antivirus92: u reason like a woman. In ur mind, you're saying the truth and being fair. But to be sincere, that ur post on catholicism is uncalled for. Try to be intelligent, take ur stance and stop being blown about by the wind. A common northerner can make u post that rubbish u posted.
enyin,nobody is making me post rubbish,thats how i feel about catholicism these days

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
ozo_emeka:

My actual typo was some of those relationships were S@XUAL , affectionate, romantic and Intimate. Nairaland edited my post. The elders were AFFECTIONATE and ROMANTIC - TOUCHING AND AFFECTIONATE gestures were involved. The closest to it today is what you see in "School Son and School Father relationships". Some are physical and emotional but not rom@ntic or s@xual. Etc.

For your reference you can read
The Forger's Tale: The Search for Odeziaku By Stephanie Newell (Pgs 9, 12, 97, 102 etc talk more about it)
Beneath the Equator by Richard G. Parker
Heroes in Igbo Life and Culture by Chukwuma Azuonye and Donatus Nwoga
Boy Wives and Female Husbands: Studies of African Homosexualities.” by Roscoe

Homosexuality has a long history in Africa contrary to the claims of politicians who consider it a recent Western import.
Actually it is the [size=14pt]LAWS AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY that came from the West[/size]. The Westerners came and ABOLISHED a LOT of things the Africans did; traditional worship, etc homosexual living (practice of marrying and having a "boy-wife"wink included. However current forms of gay self-identification and gay activism originated elsewhere. Knowing historical truths lets us avoid unhistorical lies.

For a brief racontoire of An AFRICAN tradition that involves homoerotic undertones in papua New guinea view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCx_WPOc6k
hahaha. what a joke. Most igbos didnt even know it was possible for people to be gay. I think gay people should have the same rights as everyone else but stop manufacturing lies. There is no record of gayism in igbo tradition.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
Antivirus92: nwaala that does not know his surname! Indeed you are calling a spade a spade. That rubbish u posted is practised in which igbo culture? Man has never married a man in igbo culture! It's a taboo! Woman can only marry a woman based on a condition that nothing again could be done to maintain the family lineage. And the so-called marriage is without intimacy. The two women will never kiss,hug or se.x. The two of them wont even sleep in the same room. Men from outside are invited to impregnate the so-called wife. So gays like u should never alter the igbo culture to suit ur evil act.

EVIL is you DENYING the FACTS and warping things to suit your myopic reasoning. If you READ (as reading is FUNdamental) then you will KNOW in your history states like Imo, and Amambra had practices of Women-husbands where the women MARRY other WOMEN to give them children.
The Forger's Tale: The Search for Odeziaku By Stephanie Newell (Pgs 9, 12, 97, 102 etc talk more about it)

FYI: I DO know my surname. Do you? Being mixed has NOTHING to do with knowing your heritage, I have spent time in Nigeria, and come from a family of IGBO SCHOLARS and understand the "Omenaala" . Try again with your bullsh*t. It is simps like you who convolute reasoning to equal support. Call a SPADE a SPADE. IF something was you state the FACT, It is NOT my preference however it will be a LIE to deny its pre-existence
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
hahaha. what a joke. Most igbos didnt even know it was possible for people to be gay. I think gay people should have the same rights as everyone else but stop manufacturing lies. There is no record of gayism in igbo tradition.

When your intellect surpasses the word "gayism" then maybe you can go back and revisit your facts. The word GAY meant happy up until the mid to late 20th century. In ancient greece the dichotomy was NOT gay vs straight. It was simply Masculine vs Feminine. Despite our flare for western liberalism, Nigeria like the rest of Africa is still a very conservative society when it comes to sexuality. Prehistoric African culture may not necessarily include extensive knowledge about homosexuality but records suggest that homosexuality was present in Africa. The 'yan dauda’ (homosexual) and 'dan dauda’ (homosexual ‘wife’) in Hausa-land are known to either engage as male prostitutes and/or are procurers for female prostitutes. In some parts of the southwest in Yoruba-land there are historical accounts of men who behave effeminately, generally referred to as ‘gbowo’. These people were recounted to be mostly good orators, exemplary craftsmen, musicians, and poets. The great men of time have all mostly been bisexua (some gay) - a few: Langston Hughes, Tchaikovsky, Leonardo Da Vinci, Edward II (K. of England 14.c), Julius Caesar(Roman emperor), Pope John XII (955-964), Pope Benedict IX (1032-1044), Ludwig Wittgenstein, Isaac Newton, Michelangelo, Verlaine, Rimbaud, Whitman, Swinburne, Baudelaire, Wilde, Proust, Gide, Forster, Auden, etc
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by DerideGull(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
It is unfortunate that a character is trying very hard to twist facts to suit a selfish end. In Igbo land, fact is a woman cannot embark on a journey of marital matters with a jar of palm wine on her head.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
nice information ozo emeka! especially that video. it looks more like a ritualized thing though in Papua New Guniea. btw they are not Africans. it doesnt matter. but I get your point. wink

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
DerideGull: It is unfortunate that a character is trying very hard to twist facts to suit a selfish end. In Igbo land, fact is a woman cannot embark on a journey of marital matters with a jar of palm wine on her head.

what your post should say is " In Modern day Igbo land....
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
nice information ozo emeka! especially that video. it looks more like a ritualized thing though in Papua New Guniea. btw they are not Africans. it doesnt matter. but I get your point. wink

I know, similar ritual takes place in Kenya, Congo, Asante tribe in Ghana and the Oyo part of Nigeria (these are the ones that can be researched fairly easily, I am sure they exist in other places as well)
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by DerideGull(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
ozo_emeka:

EVIL is you DENYING the FACTS and warping things to suit your myopic reasoning. If you READ (as reading is FUNdamental) then you will KNOW in your history states like Imo, and Amambra had practices of Women-husbands where the women MARRY other WOMEN to give them children.

FYI: I DO know my surname. Do you? Being mixed has NOTHING to do with knowing your heritage, I have spent time in Nigeria, and come from a family of IGBO SCHOLARS and understand the "Omenaala" . Try again with your bullsh*t. It is simps like you who convolute reasoning to equal support. Call a SPADE a SPADE. IF something was you state the FACT, It is NOT my preference however it will be a LIE to deny its pre-existence

Please have you being involved in process in Igbo land where a woman marries another woman? It is very unfortunate you are foolishly dwelling on a subject matter you are grossly ill-informed. It could be acceptable if you had proffered hearing there is an instance a woman is brought to the family of deceased man whose initial wife could not bear him a child. From your posts, I guess the intrigues of such circumstances are beyond your knowledge of marital process between men and women talk less of about the so-called woman marrying a woman.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
yes ofcourse. recently I noticed a trend in fillipino homs.exuals reviving Pagan religion Tagalog/Visayan religion in phillipines, due to rejection by catholic church. it is a large organization now (not just for gays) in Binabaylan.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
ozo_emeka:

what your post should say is " In Modern day Igbo land....

My post refers to the era of my grandmother. It is unfortunate that Ogbodu seems to talk about sacrificial ingredients in masquerade rituals with Odukwu.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
You can imagine a situation whereby so many people have testified that there was nothing like gay in igbo culture but one gay keep opposing them. Ozo emeka is a fool @ 90. I know that gays must have twisted many cultures including igbo to suit their evil act.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 2:49am On Jun 16, 2013
DerideGull:

My post refers to the era of my grandmother. It is unfortunate that Ogbodu seems to talk about sacrificial ingredients in masquerade rituals with Odukwu.

You should ask your grandmother then to correct your myopic reasoning, perhaps she could point you in the direction of a real life "woman husband"
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 2:54am On Jun 16, 2013
Antivirus92: You can imagine a situation whereby so many people have testified that there was nothing like gay in igbo culture but one gay keep opposing them. Ozo emeka is a fool @ 90. I know that gays must have twisted many cultures including igbo to suit their evil act.

Nigg@ u gon need to shut the fu@k up little boy, just because your dad is a gay doesn't make a MAN reasoning From FACTS gay, you still class things as Evil and Good - you reason like a fool. (which clearly you are). I will not argue with a fool, you will win me with experience. Go read a book, RESEARCH (look up the meaning of that word) and LEARN. Only backward people call things they do not understand as "EVIL" and only FOOLS refuse to LEARN. If the likes of Achebe and Soyinka called everything they encountered EVIL, including when people like you at the time termed the white skinned man - an "Amosu" then we would not have had prodigies who understood that the "WHITE" man was ONLY white because of the climate he came from. We would have been stuck thinking like you calling them "EVIL SPIRITS" and of course, because Achebe wrote FACTS about whites, he must BE A WHITE man, right? Fool.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Eve4: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Abeg abeg, d prob wit dis country is priority? Dis meaninless tin na news meanwile students don de ring 3months at home, dis is endtime so therfore sodomy is no news plsss. Free persn weh wan go hell, evn God gav us choice to choose life or death. Bt advised we choose life, so if D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sturbonly chose he'll den I wish dem wat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wish demselves.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by omoatata: 1:23am On Jun 18, 2013
Let us intensify our prayers. This homosexual thing is not fun at all. It is spiritual cancer that has just begun to eat the country away. It needs radical treatment, one of which is national day of prayer against this serious contamination or infection. May the good Lord help us.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:53am On Jun 18, 2013
[size=18pt]FAKE NEWS! MADE IN OKITIPUPA![/size]
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
omoatata: Let us intensify our prayers. This homosexual thing is not fun at all. It is spiritual cancer that has just begun to eat the country away. It needs radical treatment, one of which is national day of prayer against this serious contamination or infection. May the good Lord help us.

Please intensify the prayers. Infact let's declare one whole year alone for praying, with dry fasting. I'm sure that would work. smiley

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 5:28am On Jun 20, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
But in retrospect, those people that called white people amosu were right! Because they are Amosu. Dude if you are gay, fight for your right and I will support you to the end. But leave things that you don't understand. Gay can also mean happy. We know all that ish. You need wisdom sir. Come to CHUKWU and let him make you wise. Don't follow white people, they are not and will never be your friend.

Nwokem, your speech is full of emotional sentiments vs logic. If i were gay I would actually speak up to understand why I would be the way I was and if I see ignorant bliss I would speak up to inform people. So I guess slaves who desired freedom and were medically AND religiously termed as Mentally ill, were? I am educated, and still acquiring education, wisdom is the PRACTICAL application of KNOWLEDGE through UNDERSTANDING, it is FREE of emotional subjectivity and this freedom allows it to be passed under OBJECTIVITY. At 20, I think I am speaking FACTUALLY enough (all my "claims" have proof). I feel bad for the gays that people persecute and lead to kill themselves as well as hate crimes. Justifying that should mean justifying killing blacks because "God didn't make black" - you must agree with that right?
Why is it that when someone decides to state facts, he must absolutely be that? Men who advocate women's rights must be women? Right? I don't like buses THEREFORE buses must be BANNED from allowing people ride them? angry

You, need a course on objective reasoning. Pulling stupid strings like "the white man" is not an excuse you should be riding in 2013. The Most powerful man in the Free world is BLACK.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2013
ozo_emeka:

Nwokem, your speech is full of emotional sentiments vs logic. If i were gay I would actually speak up to understand why I would be the way I was and if I see ignorant bliss I would speak up to inform people. So I guess slaves who desired freedom and were medically AND religiously termed as Mentally ill, were? I am educated, and still acquiring education, wisdom is the PRACTICAL application of KNOWLEDGE through UNDERSTANDING, it is FREE of emotional subjectivity and this freedom allows it to be passed under OBJECTIVITY. At 20, I think I am speaking FACTUALLY enough (all my "claims" have proof). I feel bad for the gays that people persecute and lead to kill themselves as well as hate crimes. Justifying that should mean justifying killing blacks because "God didn't make black" - you must agree with that right?
Why is it that when someone decides to state facts, he must absolutely be that? Men who advocate women's rights must be women? Right? I don't like buses THEREFORE buses must be BANNED from allowing people ride them? angry

You, need a course on objective reasoning. Pulling stupid strings like "the white man" is not an excuse you should be riding in 2013. The Most powerful man in the Free world is BLACK.
guy you are the fool here for equating homosexuality to white men. They are 2 different things altogether. Again,you are the worst illiterate i have ever seen, you don't really know anything about igbo culture. I am tired of you!. Keep playing ur gayish game,hope u know where u will end.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Why the man dey carry purse na?

he's gay
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
ozo_emeka:

My friend you are totally wrong. Wisdom comes from CHUKWU and not by reading rubbish propaganda by pigs. Listen let me educate you man. White people are not human beings. Simple as that. They were/are not ignorant of the ancestry of black people. They know it even more than some of you black people(since you are a reader, read books on early history and archaeology). This world is not as it seems. They didn't kill and lynch black people out of ignorance. They did it out of pure hate and blackmail. Their is a reason for all this. Young man, you do not know the world you live in. I repeat, do not tow the line of these people who tried to exterminate you. We blacks are still at war but some of us don't know. Our only strength is CHUKWU. Free World? Dude, get away from eurocentric education and seek real education. When it comes to education, the best is truthocentric education. I guess you also think that china has no human rights and the whole north korea is a "rogue state". My friend, you are not educated; you are indoctrinated. Freedom for all, includes my freedom to protect my culture. Gays should have their freedom to be gay, I should have my freedom to live by my own tenets. When you start making up stories about my tenets. I would have to set the records straight. I am setting the records straight. And FYI, discard your delusions, the most powerful man in the world is not black. Obama is not the most powerful man in the world! Obama is not black, he is mullato. A mullato tilted more closely to his white side because he was raised by whites.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
Then you will be in hell first since I am almost sure you " LIE, cheat, steal, lust, fornicate..
Retard. READ A BOOK.. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, BLINDING your ugly eyes to avoid seeing FACT is pathetic. Noone is asking you to ACCEPT anything, simply ACKNOWLEDGE truth.

Antivirus92: guy you are the fool here for equating homosexuality to white men. They are 2 different things altogether. Again,you are the worst illiterate i have ever seen, you don't really know anything about igbo culture. I am tired of you!. Keep playing ur gayish game,hope u know where u will end.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
My friend you are totally wrong. Wisdom comes from CHUKWU and not by reading rubbish propaganda by pigs. Listen let me educate you man. White people are not human beings. Simple as that. They were/are not ignorant of the ancestry of black people. They know it even more than some of you black people(since you are a reader, read books on early history and archaeology). This world is not as it seems. They didn't kill and lynch black people out of ignorance. They did it out of pure hate and blackmail. Their is a reason for all this. Young man, you do not know the world you live in. I repeat, do not tow the line of these people who tried to exterminate you. We blacks are still at war but some of us don't know. Our only strength is CHUKWU. Free World? Dude, get away from eurocentric education and seek real education. When it comes to education, the best is truthocentric education. I guess you also think that china has no human rights and the whole north korea is a "rogue state". My friend, you are not educated; you are indoctrinated. Freedom for all, includes my freedom to protect my culture. Gays should have their freedom to be gay, I should have my freedom to live by my own tenets. When you start making up stories about my tenets. I would have to set the records straight. I am setting the records straight. And FYI, discard your delusions, the most powerful man in the world is not black. Obama is not the most powerful man in the world! Obama is not black, he is mullato. A mullato tilted more closely to his white side because he was raised by whites.

White people are not human beings? So I guess the same applies to Asians and Arabs? Hmmm.. I have white in my family so they must be aliens .. right?
They did it out of pure hate and blackmail.
agreed.
Gays should have their freedom to be gay, I should have my freedom to live by my own tenets
this has been the sole point. I don't need to be gay to defend fact, I don't like when people see only sentiments than acknowledge facts. I know North Korea is not a "rogue" state, this forum was not to discuss the truth from THE TRUTH, it was simply a forum to place facts about homosexuality IN AFRICA. Who does NOT know Obama is not the most powerful man in the world? Are you stupid to NOT acknowledge that Rockefeller, Morgan and mellon still hold power in the US, obama is simply a FIGURATIVE head, and holds, as Rockefeller would call it, an honorary title.

Stay on topic and quit derailing. This is impertinent to the topic at hand
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Dibiachukwu: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
ozo_emeka:

White people are not human beings? So I guess the same applies to Asians and Arabs? Hmmm.. I have white in my family so they must be aliens .. right?
agreed.
this has been the sole point. I don't need to be gay to defend fact, I don't like when people see only sentiments than acknowledge facts. I know North Korea is not a "rogue" state, this forum was not to discuss the truth from THE TRUTH, it was simply a forum to place facts about homosexuality IN AFRICA. Who does NOT know Obama is not the most powerful man in the world? Are you stupid to NOT acknowledge that Rockefeller, Morgan and mellon still hold power in the US, obama is simply a FIGURATIVE head, and holds, as Rockefeller would call it, an honorary title.

Stay on topic and quit derailing. This is impertinent to the topic at hand
Gayism in Africa, I don't know. Gayism in Alaigbo, I say heck, where is your proof. There is no single evidence to back this up. If their were gays in alaigbo, they must have led a very secretive life, because their is no record of them.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by hardeiluxie: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Rhino5dm:
Abeg na which section I go carry this tory go? shocked
Actually It Deserves No Section

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Buhari Is Going With Yahaya Bello' - Dino Melaye's New Song (video, Photos) / Aliko Dangote & Zainab Ahmed Visit The Oil Refinery In Lagos / FG Declares Wednesday, Thursday Public Holidays To Mark Eidul-Fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.