Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Homosexuals Protest In Anambra - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Protest In Anambra (41808 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Protest In Abuja Over FG's Inability To Rescue Chibok Girls (Pics) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
masonkz:

Your anambra culture doesn't allow Christianity too. Do away with that. Meanwhile, there are still maaany gays down there. You wouldn't know them.

GBAM!
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
masonkz:

Your anambra culture doesn't allow Christianity too. Do away with that. Meanwhile, there are still maaany gays down there. You wouldn't know them.
you have never crossed river niger but you can write the history of south east. We have the lowest population of gays in nigeria. 9 out of every 10 people in ur cave are gays. Our culture and christianity perfectly understands each other thats why we are not rascals.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: . Our culture and christianity perfectly understands each other thats why we are not rascals.

No it doesnt! STOP LYING. CHRISTIANITY IS AGAINST MASQUEARADES, IDOLATORY, WORSHIP OF GODS WITH IGBO NAMES, RITUALS, etc.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by pastorobateru(m): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
re is mfm out to distroy: i think you personaly have somthing else against mfm,perhaps you were using your wife's glory or that you wanted to use your wife for rituals and by attending mfm this has been inposible for you. because i can persiv two things the way you focuse and blame mfm for your incapability to settle and put your house in oder and God frustrating the devices of your crafty that your hands has failed to perform it's enterprise.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: you have never crossed river niger but you can write the history of south east. We have the lowest population of gays in nigeria. 9 out of every 10 people in ur cave are gays. Our culture and christianity perfectly understands each other thats why we are not rascals.

I wouldn't indulge your ignorant self so much. Believe what you wanna believe. Who conducted the census of gay people in Nigeria? Did I miss the memo??
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No it doesnt! STOP LYING. CHRISTIANITY IS AGAINST MASQUEARADES, IDOLATORY, WORSHIP OF GODS WITH IGBO NAMES, RITUALS, etc.
who is lying and why must i lie to a northener? Christianity is not against masquarades but those fetish thing attatched to it. During christmas, a christian festival, masquarades do move about but for fun and not fetish acts. God is called chukwu,chineke,olisa in our language and that is what we use today. So i don't understand what u mean by igbo names.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
masonkz:

I wouldn't indulge your ignorant self so much. Believe what you wanna believe. Who conducted the census of gay people in Nigeria? Did I miss the memo??
fool! Go and charge ur battery.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: who is lying and why must i lie to a northener? Christianity is not against masquarades but those fetish thing attatched to it. During christmas, a christian festival, masquarades do move about but for fun and not fetish acts. God is called chukwu,chineke,olisa in our language and that is what we use today. So i don't understand what u mean by igbo names.

AGAIN DONT LIE! or you are just not aware!

masqueards are spirit dances done in honour of Pagan Gods and SPirits. christianity is against that. Chukwu is the Pagan Igbo Creator Force. you must be catholic then.

also Igbo Culture is against man-worship of jews. so you are going against Igbo culture.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

masqueards are spirit dances done in honour of Pagan Gods and SPirits. christianity is against that. Chukwu is the Pagan Igbo Creator Force. you must be catholic then.

also Igbo Culture is against man-worship of jews. so you are going against Igbo culture.
yah i am a catholic. You wanted to get some information from me but u want to put it as if we are arguing. I know my people very well,our culture and so on. You know i am a regular poster in the culture section.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: yah i am a catholic. You wanted to get some information from me but u want to put it as if we are arguing. I know my people very well,our culture and so on. You know i am a regular poster in the culture section.

oh dont mind that. Im an argumentative person. 1 year spent in the religious section with dumb christians has made me so. I apologise if you thought so. just making it clear that abrahamic faiths are anti-tribes.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: fool! Go and charge ur battery.

No bro. You remain the fool for being so ignorant wink
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by achi4u(m): 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

PAGAN what message do you have for us the"Catholic"?

Again, chukwu means the ultimate creator in igbo name and culture even before the advent of christianity.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

oh dont mind that. Im an argumentative person. 1 year spent in the religious section with dumb christians has made me so. I apologise if you thought so. just making it clear that abrahamic faiths are anti-tribes.
u hate christianity and christians very much but they never wanted to hate u back. If it were the muslims.........christianity came to develop,enlighten and educate people and thats what u guys lack in the north.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
achi4u: PAGAN what message do you have for us the"Catholic"?

Again, chukwu means the ultimate creator in igbo name and culture even before the advent of christianity.

I do not view tribespeople as catholic or protestant or muslim.

If you belong to a tribe, you are automatically a Pagan.

however if you ask me about catholicism, it is the most hypocritical religion ever. It destroyed Pagan civilizations and accused us of idolatory, etc., but it was a all a ploy. it replaced our Gods with men to be worshipped (all those numerous saints), as idols. go to any catholic church today, they all are named after a christian saint.

just like in the past when temples were deicated to different Gods. like Temple of Lord Amadioha or Temple of Lord Shango.

and it was all done to enrich the coffers of the vatican and the seat of Roman catholicism.

anyways Chukwu is the Creator God in Odinani Religion.

if you worship Chukwu, then why dont you revert to Odinani?

you dont have to be catholic just because your parents are. you can teach them too.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: u hate christianity and christians very much but they never wanted to hate u back. If it were the muslims.........christianity came to develop,enlighten and educate people and thats what u guys lack in the north.

you are mistaken. i hate only christianity. not christains. I love all tribespeople.

christian did not devleop , enlighten. if christianity was not there, we would right now be in the 31st Century.

the church delayed progress during the dark ages in europe. try to read up a bit history on that.

We already had thriving Universities across the world in the Pagan days, from IReland to Alexandria in Egypt, to Takshila in India to Greece, China and beyond. However the church destroyed many of these universities, particularly the Greatest one in Alexandria and the universities in europe.

we lack in the North because of islam. true I agree with you.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_9XzDGnDAGDc/TRlkgEB8itI/AAAAAAAAAXY/XpTbf9mAHSQ/s1600/090330-dark-ages.jpg[/img]
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you are mistaken. i hate only christianity. not christains. I love all tribespeople.

christian did not devleop , enlighten. if christianity was not there, we would right now be in the 31st Century.

the church delayed progress during the dark ages in europe. try to read up a bit history on that.

We already had thriving Universities across the world in the Pagan days, from IReland to Alexandria in Egypt, to Takshila in India to Greece, China and beyond. However the church destroyed many of these universities, particularly the Greatest one in Alexandria and the universities in europe.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_9XzDGnDAGDc/TRlkgEB8itI/AAAAAAAAAXY/XpTbf9mAHSQ/s1600/090330-dark-ages.jpg[/img]
a word can mean different things to different people. You have just given ur own definition of christianity but woefully u failed it. You have set ur mind fixed on somethings negative about christianity and thats why u will always see the negative aspect of it.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

a word can mean different things to different people. You have just given ur own definition of christianity but woefully u failed it. You have set ur mind fixed on somethings negative about christianity and thats why u will always see the negative aspect of it.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: a word can mean different things to different people. You have just given ur own definition of christianity but woefully u failed it. You have set ur mind fixed on somethings negative about christianity and thats why u will always see the negative aspect of it.

I dont see anything positive in christianity as a religion. Spiritualy, christianity is nil. it has no proper rituals or spiritual experience or modes or sacrifice.

morally it has a few plus points but these are again basic ones copied from older sources and general morals.

As a religion(SPirituality), christianity is useless.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I dont see anything positive in christianity as a religion. Spiritualy, christianity is nil. it has no proper rituals or spiritual experience or modes or sacrifice.

morally it has a few plus points but these are again basic ones copied from older sources and general morals.

As a religion(SPirituality), christianity is useless.
you are doomed! The plane has taken off before you arrived.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Antivirus92: you are doomed! The plane has taken off before you arrived.

what a plane? what are you on about?

THe game has just begun.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by oboy3(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
I am begining to hate catholism these days,this morden day revd fathers are learning quick from the Protestant church,in my hometown in Anambra,they banned catholic members from welcoming masquerades when they visit during burials
yet they preach about hypocrites in the church,mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
o'boy:
I am begining to hate catholism these days,this morden day revd fathers are learning quick from the Protestant church,in my hometown in Anambra, they banned catholic members from welcoming masquerades when they visit during burials

Wow they did that! shocked shocked shocked shocked

MAY LORD AMADIOHA STRIKE THEM DOWN! THE TRAITORS!

My brother, its never too late. do you even care for your tribe and your ancestors?! please revert to traditionalism. take a stand. be a man!
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by oboy3(m): 11:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Wow they did that! shocked shocked shocked shocked

MAY LORD AMADIOHA STRIKE THEM DOWN! THE TRAITORS!

My brother, its never too late. do you even care for your tribe and your ancestors?! please revert to traditionalism. take a stand. be a man!
yah man,i am a tradionalist,though i dont worships gods but i uphold the traditions of our fore-fathers
Omenani ga adi o
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
o'boy:
yah man,i am a tradionalist,though i dont worships gods but i uphold the traditions of our fore-fathers
Omenani ga adi o

GODS BLESS! cool
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by achi4u(m): 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
o'boy:
I am begining to hate catholism these days,this morden day revd fathers are learning quick from the Protestant church,in my hometown in Anambra,they banned catholic members from welcoming masquerades when they visit during burials
You Are On Your Own (OYO) even though am not a die hard xtian for now but catholic remain the best church.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
achi4u: You Are On Your Own (OYO) even though am not a die hard xtian for now but catholic remain the best church.

do you need a church? Cant you just worship the Creator and other Gods through nature and their creations undecided

do you need to waste money on tithes? or get up early on Sunday to waste time that could be spent with family and friends?
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 3:28am On Jun 15, 2013
achi4u: Na wa o!
but those elders are not having intimate affairs with those little boys like kissing and all what not.
what we are discussing here is a full fledged sin that should NOT be allow to germinate in our history.

Is too irritating!

My actual typo was some of those relationships were S@XUAL , affectionate, romantic and Intimate. Nairaland edited my post. The elders were AFFECTIONATE and ROMANTIC - TOUCHING AND AFFECTIONATE gestures were involved. The closest to it today is what you see in "School Son and School Father relationships". Some are physical and emotional but not rom@ntic or s@xual. Etc.

For your reference you can read
The Forger's Tale: The Search for Odeziaku By Stephanie Newell (Pgs 9, 12, 97, 102 etc talk more about it)
Beneath the Equator by Richard G. Parker
Heroes in Igbo Life and Culture by Chukwuma Azuonye and Donatus Nwoga
Boy Wives and Female Husbands: Studies of African Homosexualities.” by Roscoe

Homosexuality has a long history in Africa contrary to the claims of politicians who consider it a recent Western import.
Actually it is the [size=14pt]LAWS AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY that came from the West[/size]. The Westerners came and ABOLISHED a LOT of things the Africans did; traditional worship, etc homosexual living (practice of marrying and having a "boy-wife"wink included. However current forms of gay self-identification and gay activism originated elsewhere. Knowing historical truths lets us avoid unhistorical lies.

For a brief racontoire of An AFRICAN tradition that involves homoerotic undertones in papua New guinea view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCx_WPOc6k

1 Like

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 3:54am On Jun 15, 2013
achi4u: Ichie ozo-emeka and oga one_naira,

My only questions to you people are,
1,did you support same-se.x marriage,bro Nnamdi to be married to bro John??

2,would you allow ur only son to marry to another man--?,"ur only son"?...(remember ur lineage?)

3,would you (as a prominent man) attend such a show of shame in the name of marriage? ?

I don't prefer it. Nor do I prefer that Obasanjo and Jonathan spend the mega share of Nigeria's oil money and leave the masses poor - but guess what - it happens. The point is that Nigeria and other African countries need to stop acting like that is the most pressing issue we have . Now, wait a minute, when did African Christians begin to speak out against Western ideology? Christianity itself is a Western import to Africa! Africa was colonized with Christianity! Besides, where did the myth that homosexuality was exogenous to African culture come from? Research shows that homosexuality and bisexuality have been present in every culture and in every generation . The native conceptions and practices of male homosexuality in many societies across every region in Africa have been documented in Murray and Roscoe’s Boy-Wives and Female Husbands. Indeed, it was Christianity that introduced homophobia to Africa. Remember Julius Ceasar was known as "The man of every woman and EVERY MAN'S WOMAN" - get it? I think the whole charade of being "anti-african" is simply based on the theories the missionaries may have used to encourage abolishing it - it does not lead to reproduction and thus is a waste of time. Do you know what the word MENTOR means? MENTOR in greek mythology was said to have imparted wisdom in relation to Odysseus and some sources suggest an erotic relationship as well. Hence when you say a Man is a mentor to you it originally meant the man is one who educates, protects, loves, and provides a role model for his eromenos. These men, like their earlier counterparts, played an educational and instructive role in the lives of their young companions; likewise, just as in earlier times, they shared a sexual relationship with their boys. Penetrative sex, however, was seen as demeaning for the passive partner, and outside the socially accepted norm. The only method of separation was moreso classified in terms of active/dominant/masculine and passive/submissive/"feminized

In ancient greece the relationship between the erastês and erômenos was taken seriously, and the older man was required to not only court the boy to win his approval, but also seek permission from the boy’s father before continuing on with the courtship. The young men were often courted by many suitors at once and were therefore able to choose who they wanted to partner up with. Similarly, the pairing wasn’t set for the whole of the boy’s youth, and if a relationship went awry, it was possible to end it—hopefully amicably, although often times the end was a turbulent one. Even the powerful Zeus was smitten by the BEAUTIFUL and "unblemished" boy Ganymede the son of Trojan (Trojan condom anyone?) All the other gods rejoiced to have Ganymede among them, for his beauty filled them with delight. And Ganymede thought pouring nectar to the immortals was mad cool, and when he filled his lover’s cup he made sure to press his lips to it first, giving it half a twist as he placed it in Zeus’ hand.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 4:01am On Jun 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

really is that so? I know it used to be accepted in many cultures in former days.

not encouraged, but accepted as a fact of life.

If it wasn't that reproduction could not occur from the relationships it would be rampant today and encouraged.
In the literary myth, Hyacinth was a beautiful youth and lover of the god Apollo, though he was also admired by West Wind, Zephyr. Apollo and Hyacinth took turns throwing the discus. His beauty caused a feud between Zephyrus and Apollo. Hyacinth ran to catch it to impress Apollo, was struck by the discus as it fell to the ground, and died. A twist in the tale makes the wind god Zephyrus responsible for the death of Hyacinth. Jealous that Hyacinth preferred the radiant archery god Apollo, Zephyrus blew Apollo's discus off course, so as to injure and kill Hyacinth. When he died, Apollo didn't allow Hades to claim the youth; rather, he made a flower, the hyacinth, from his spilled blood. According to Ovid's account, the tears of Apollo stained the newly formed flower's petals with the sign of his grief. Apollo teaches Hyacinthus to become an accomplished adult. Indeed, according to Philostratus, Hyacinthus learns not only to throw the discus, but all the other exercises of the Palaestra as well, to shoot with a bow, music, the art of divination, and also to play the lyre. Same is the story with the BEAUTIFUL BOY Cyparissus or Cypress - hence the term ; PRETTY BOY / FINE BOY
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by ozoemeka(m): 4:05am On Jun 15, 2013
Antivirus92: have nothing to say but to just call ozor emeka and other pro gays pigs. i am a full blooded anambrarian. our culture does not in any way support gay. every body be careful! satan quotes bible nowadays!

SHUT UP MAN! I think I'm more of a NWAAALA than you. If I say reason and logic doesn't mean I support anything. Call a Spade a Spade. Calling the facts does not make a person a SUPPORTER of anything. Don't be a retard. if you say the hausas have ruled in nigeria more than igbos will you be lying? does it mean you support them? stop being a fool
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 5:08am On Jun 15, 2013
ozo_emeka:

SHUT UP MAN! I think I'm more of a NWAAALA than you. If I say reason and logic doesn't mean I support anything. Call a Spade a Spade. Calling the facts does not make a person a SUPPORTER of anything. Don't be a retard. if you say the hausas have ruled in nigeria more than igbos will you be lying? does it mean you support them? stop being a fool
nwaala that does not know his surname! Indeed you are calling a spade a spade. That rubbish u posted is practised in which igbo culture? Man has never married a man in igbo culture! It's a taboo! Woman can only marry a woman based on a condition that nothing again could be done to maintain the family lineage. And the so-called marriage is without intimacy. The two women will never kiss,hug or se.x. The two of them wont even sleep in the same room. Men from outside are invited to impregnate the so-called wife. So gays like u should never alter the igbo culture to suit ur evil act.
Re: Homosexuals Protest In Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 5:11am On Jun 15, 2013
Antivirus92: nwaala that does not know his surname! Indeed you are calling a spade a spade. That rubbish u posted is practised in which igbo culture? Man has never married a man in igbo culture! It's a taboo! Woman can only marry a woman based on a condition that nothing again could be done to maintain the family lineage. And the so-called marriage is without intimacy. The two women will never kiss,hug or se.x. The two of them wont even sleep in the same room. Men from outside are invited to impregnate the so-called wife. So gays like u should never alter the igbo culture to suit ur evil act.
is this not different from that of healthy young man or woman who just out of millions of opposite sex choose to be a gay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Arrest “Urban Gorrilla” Niger-Delta Avengers Militant/Gang Leader (Photo) / Tinubu, Oshiomhole, El-rufai’s 2023 Posters Spark Debate / Unknown Gunmen Kill Policeman In Ogidi, Anambra State (Disturbing Video, Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.